Jump to content
vanguard333

Classes You Know About, Expect to See, or Want to See

Recommended Posts

image.png.6f669fc1d12c58d4ee33768072df4ec7.png

This was my little mock up as to how the Student Promotions will work, of course Cavaliers, Armours and Fliers will have to have their specific attribute in order to promote into that class, gaining a different movement type with a bit more effort, but the benefit of an infantry class is that with different classes for each weapon types, more diverse skills can be learned by mastering the class - for example, a unit can promote to either mercenary or sword cavalier, both will offer a skill when the class is mastered, but another unit can promote to soldier or lance cavalier, and the same skill can be learned by mastering lance cavalier meanwhile a different skill to mercenary can be learned by mastering soldier instead.

This would mean that units like healers who are mounted or have armour will have the same skill as other variants of the class, but healing magic skills can always be learned in a similar way to echoes or even weapon arts for reason magic if they are treated as weapons.

I am really confused about the Fighting Class, if it is considered as just the fist fighting technique using gauntlets, I doubt the mounted classes will be allowed to use it, and I am unsure about armour units, but I have no idea what other angle they could come from if they wanted to include the fighting class on mounted units.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Martin said:

@HappyHawlucha.

Mounted and flying gauntlets I understand, but why is it that armored gauntlets an odd or unlikely combination? 

Probably the common association of martial arts (here Fighting) with being mobile and agile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*Sigh 

I guess. Also, I just thought of this, but having a shield in one hand and a gauntlet in another may look strange. (...Although, I sure as hell would be interested in seeing what that looks like) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I imagine the promoted units being in the game but very difficult to unlock. I'm not quite sure how they will handle "multi-weapon infantry"

  • Great Knight - Riding + Armor + Weapon
  • War Mage - Reason + Weapon
  • Mage Knight - Reason + Riding + Weapon
  • Valkyrie - Riding + Faith + Reason
  • Dragon Knight - Flying + Armor ?
  • Master Knight - Riding + Reason + Faith + Weapons
  • Warrior - Axe + Bow
  • Hero - Sword + Axe

There might be more but you can see the picture. Some combination may be so difficult to obtain that they will only be available as a final class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest This Guy

Armor and Fists could be like the Iolei's (An Indigenous Sardinian Tribe.) Nuragic Runners (A Unit comprised of Soldiers whose weapons were Heavy Gauntlets.).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jayvee94

Ugh. An armored dragon as the promotion is the last thing I'd want to see. That'd give them THREE weaknesses worry about/ exploit. That plus their lack of resistance. 

An armored Pegasus will be a more interesting thing to see. The Pegasus haves natural resistance plus armor. So they probably would not be overly resistant or susceptible to magic. 

Edited by Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Martin said:

Ugh. An armored dragon as the promotion will be the last thing I'd want to see. That'd give them THREE weaknesses worry about/ exploit. That plus their lack of resistance. 

I could totally see an armoured, flying and infantry manakete. If we get more than one Manakete I can see one of each or something, but if Sothis is playable my money's on armoured due to their recent popularity with Heroes. This same reason of Heroes bringing in unique combinations is why I believe that flying and armoured mages are gonna become more common in 3H and the future of FE after this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I could totally see an armoured, flying and infantry manakete. If we get more than one Manakete I can see one of each or something, but if Sothis is playable my money's on armoured due to their recent popularity with Heroes. This same reason of Heroes bringing in unique combinations is why I believe that flying and armoured mages are gonna become more common in 3H and the future of FE after this.

Not a manakete, but a flying wyvern that's also armored. That just seems like a dangerous combination to me. 

I personaly would love to see a badass, mounted, flightless wyvern that's armored, looking more like a rhino or something. 

But if there is an ACTUAL population of manaketes that's not nearly extinct in game, I would absolutely love that. I also hope that in one day, we get more Corrins, people with human side weapons such as tomes, bows, and the such along side their dragon stones. 

Edited by Martin
Just can't spell their wrong.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Martin said:

Not a manakete, but a flying wyvern that's also armored. That just seems like a dangerous combination to me. 

I personaly would love to see a badass, mounted, flightless wyvern that's armored, looking more like a rhino or something. 

But if there is an ACTUAL population of manaketes that's not nearly extinct in game, I would absolutely love that. I also hope that in one day, we get more Corrins, people with human side weapons such as tomes, bows, and the such along side their dragon stones. 

Like a Cavalry unit without the Cavalry weakness, armour and dragon weakness but no flying. I like it, or a Basilisk which has been tamed? Lance and Reason Magic.
As for pegasi/wyverns/griffons, I mentioned this earlier, but I think they're gonna have all 3 but similar to Heroes(again, but due to the popularity they'd be stupid not to incorporate some elements from it), they're gonna be statistically identical, with the actual creature that they're riding(pegasus, wyvern, griffon) being purely cosmetic and only effecting the character's model and class name. They could draw from the origin of each country, with Faerghusian fliers being Griffon Riders due to their apparent link to griffons based on the flag, Adrestrian fliers being Wyvern Riders due to their empirical and somewhat harsh demeanour, and the Leicesterian fliers being Pegasus Riders due to their sort of peaceful ideals due to them being a democracy, at least that's the vibe I'm getting(and me really wanting to see Claude on a pegasus upon promotion).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Like a Cavalry unit without the Cavalry weakness, armour and dragon weakness but no flying. I like it, or a Basilisk which has been tamed? Lance and Reason Magic.
As for pegasi/wyverns/griffons, I mentioned this earlier, but I think they're gonna have all 3 but similar to Heroes(again, but due to the popularity they'd be stupid not to incorporate some elements from it), they're gonna be statistically identical, with the actual creature that they're riding(pegasus, wyvern, griffon) being purely cosmetic and only effecting the character's model and class name. They could draw from the origin of each country, with Faerghusian fliers being Griffon Riders due to their apparent link to griffons based on the flag, Adrestrian fliers being Wyvern Riders due to their empirical and somewhat harsh demeanour, and the Leicesterian fliers being Pegasus Riders due to their sort of peaceful ideals due to them being a democracy, at least that's the vibe I'm getting(and me really wanting to see Claude on a pegasus upon promotion).

Has that been confirmed? Through out the series, the pegasus have more resist while the wyvern rider gets extra def. 

In terms of Claude, how about an ARMORED pegesus rider? ;)

Edited by Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Martin said:

Has that been confirmed? Through out the series, the pegasus have more resist while the wyvern rider gets extra def. 

In terms of Claude, how about an ARMORED pegesus rider? ;)

Yeah typically through the series they've had varied stats, but Heroes kind of clumped them all together as "Flier" and that might happen again here, and perhaps the units base stats may still reflect this original split, e.g. one early flier riding a Pegasus will have high Spd and Res but another may have higher Def and rides a Wyvern, implying their old connection. I could be very off the mark but seeing as how popular Heroes was I think it's fun considering how they can change up the gameplay to incorporate some unique ways of how Heroes did it.

And oh jeez that would be fun, armoured flying bow user, tempting me to pick Golden Deer even though Blue Lions is definitely my first choice :P

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@HappyHawlucha. 

Blue Lions? Ah! Found a brother in arms! Although, I probably could've figured this out sooner by looking at your banner. I typically don't pay attention to those. 

But if they are indeed going to to the route of clumping movement types together and allow them free range of weaponry, with them being depended on the character, not the class, I'd be glad. I've been advocating for something similar to this approach, but everyone seems to disagree with me on that idea. (strongly, I might add... ;-;)

So will swordmasters still  be a thing, or will we just see a character that seems like the Navarre stereotype while just being classed as a mercenary? 

Also, what is the possibility of even more weapon types being considered? Infantry units may have exclusive access to the gauntlets. What if there are other classtype-exclusive weapons? Maybe for once, IS will actually differentiate  spears and lances, making the latter one exclusive to flyers or cavalry. I know this is not going to happen, but I'd totally be pumped to see chain maces or wrecking balls exclusive to armors. Hell, maybe even bring back the chained weapons animation from the GBA titles.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Martin said:

@HappyHawlucha. 

Blue Lions? Ah! Found a brother in arms! Although, I probably could've figured this out sooner by looking at your banner. I typically don't pay attention to those. 

But if they are indeed going to to the route of clumping movement types together and allow them free range of weaponry, with them being depended on the character, not the class, I'd be glad. I've been advocating for something similar to this approach, but everyone seems to disagree with me on that idea. (strongly, I might add... ;-;)

So will swordmasters still  be a thing, or will we just see a character that seems like the Navarre stereotype while just being classed as a mercenary? 

Also, what is the possibility of even more weapon types being considered? Infantry units may have exclusive access to the gauntlets. What if there are other classtype-exclusive weapons? Maybe for once, IS will actually differentiate  spears and lances, making the latter one exclusive to flyers or cavalry. I know this is not going to happen, but I'd totally be pumped to see chain maces or wrecking balls exclusive to armors. Hell, maybe even bring back the chained weapons animation from the GBA titles.  

Yes! I hope Dimitri's character ends up making up for his current lagging status behind the other 2 lords, especially seen as though other members of the Blue Lions like Sylain and Mercedes(who I really wanna make a healing flier btw) look incredible IMO.

Ironically enough, clumping mov types together would allow for a lot more variety with weapon classes, rather than having a troubadour as a healing cavalry class, have it as an offshoot of the Cavalier, and then when you promote you can chose whatever secondary weapon you like, and it still counts as a Paladin.

I'd imagine that infantry classes like that will have different names for promoted classes depending on the next weapon you chose. I imagine the Navarre will probably be in the Mercenary class but upon promotion and focusing entirely on Swords I could totally see Mercenary promoting into Swordmaster.

I would really like something like that, especially seen as though the Fighting weapon type has no use apart from Gauntlets which seems very limited at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2019 at 12:44 PM, HappyHawlucha. said:

but Heroes kind of clumped them all together as "Flier"

We kinda have dragon knights as separate from the rest of the fliers. Fliers are Fast Mage Killers while Dragons are Bulky Tanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay; thanks to the article that was recently released, we now know a little more about the different classes in Three Houses. Specifically, we have at least five confirmed classes:

  1. Commoner/Noble: Doesn't specialize in anything. The base class.
  2. Myrmidon: specializes in swords
  3. Soldier: specializes in lances
  4. Fighter: specializes in axes and bows
  5. Monk: A magic class that specializes in three different forms of magic

Add in brigand, which was confirmed back in the last Direct, and we have six confirmed classes. I think I can safely say that most of us figured that these classes would be returning. But it's nice to get confirmation, while also learning some neat details. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Okay; thanks to the article that was recently released, we now know a little more about the different classes in Three Houses. Specifically, we have at least five confirmed classes:

  1. Commoner/Noble: Doesn't specialize in anything. The base class.
  2. Myrmidon: specializes in swords
  3. Soldier: specializes in lances
  4. Fighter: specializes in axes and bows
  5. Monk: A magic class that specializes in three different forms of magic

Add in brigand, which was confirmed back in the last Direct, and we have six confirmed classes. I think I can safely say that most of us figured that these classes would be returning. But it's nice to get confirmation, while also learning some neat details. 

But didn't the article also say that classes won't be restricted to a single weapon anymore? I'm confused by these 2 pieces of info that a lot of people show but never together. What is right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

But didn't the article also say that classes won't be restricted to a single weapon anymore? I'm confused by these 2 pieces of info that a lot of people show but never together. What is right?

I believe its that you can use any weapon with any class, but certain classes grant bonuses to particular weapon types and boost your weapon exp gain for particular types.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RexBolt said:

But didn't the article also say that classes won't be restricted to a single weapon anymore? I'm confused by these 2 pieces of info that a lot of people show but never together. What is right?

I believe the answer is:

2 hours ago, colossus86 said:

I believe its that you can use any weapon with any class, but certain classes grant bonuses to particular weapon types and boost your weapon exp gain for particular types.

This. 

Also, we now know that Black Eagles mainly prefer axes and magic, Blue Lions mainly prefer lances, and Golden Deer mainly prefer bows. So, in addition to classes granting certain bonuses, characters presumably will also grant certain personal bonuses.

So, I guess the choice is to try to make the unit well-rounded and risk developing too slowly, or cater to the bonuses and risk the character being too specialized. That's an interesting system. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest LSM
11 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Okay; thanks to the article that was recently released, we now know a little more about the different classes in Three Houses. Specifically, we have at least five confirmed classes:

  1. Commoner/Noble: Doesn't specialize in anything. The base class.
  2. Myrmidon: specializes in swords
  3. Soldier: specializes in lances
  4. Fighter: specializes in axes and bows
  5. Monk: A magic class that specializes in three different forms of magic

Add in brigand, which was confirmed back in the last Direct, and we have six confirmed classes. I think I can safely say that most of us figured that these classes would be returning. But it's nice to get confirmation, while also learning some neat details. 

In the new screen shots (where we see Leonie changed to a Fighter) we can see that it actually specialises in Axes/Bows and Fighting.

Which is a little odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

5cc21134cad4e_3houses.png.0952fb07e60636a700064f9a7b671fe5.png

 

The classes that we saw Edelgard could change into in the previous trailer are likely the tier 3 classes (With tier 1 being noble commoner and tier 2 the other 4). You can likely change into any tier 3 class from any tier 2 class, but being a certain tier 2 class will probably make it easier. My guesses:

Myrmidon -> Mercenary or Thief

Soldier -> Knight or Cavalier

Fighter -> Brigand or Archer (Fits with the axe and bow specialty)

Monk -> Mage or priest

 

Though cavalier may just require you to get a c rank with a sword, lance, or axe and riding. Flying units are probably similar.

Edited by Calico

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The classes may not restrict you from using weapons "outside" your class but it adds additional STRENGTH to their preferred weapons.

For example,

A commoner with a strength in Axes went to the route of Soldier. This would result with the unit ALMOST EQUALLY proficient (in growths) with both Lances and Axes.

Later, this unit would take the route of Armor Knight. This practically results to Armor Axe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like the Fighter/Monk confusion will be ironed out when we actually get the game but all I really want is my flying/cav/armour mages and bows tbh...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...