Classes You Know About, Expect to See, or Want to See

2 minutes ago, Ingrid said:

I just want to see an Advanced (?) Infantry Lance class of some kind (similar to the Spear Master from Fates with the aesthetics of Three Houses).

Since we have Soldier as a beginner class I could totally see that as an Master/Advanced Class; even if there isn't an intermediate class it probably won't matter class trees really don't exist in this game.

2 minutes ago, Marros said:

I thought we saw somewhere that it was just increased exp for the focused professor levels. Probably only when gained through battle as opposed to tutoring, though.

My guess initially was that only Professor Skills unlocked by the focused weapon types can be equipped in each class, but that seems to not be the case. Perhaps it'll matter more late game when only certain classes can achieve S or S+ Professor Levels? Hopefully not as narrow as one class each for an S Rank Weapon Level like it was for Fates.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, redtutel said:

As well as the tactician class from Awakening 

Hopefully a "Sorcery Blade" skill or combat art which either targets res or does the Heroes dragon breath effect where it attacks the lower defensive value.

36 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Given Dorothea's focus on swords and Reason magic, I have a feeling her 'optimal' class is some sort of Mage Fighter or Mage Knight or Dark Knight class.

In one of the Famitsu articles Dorothea was training to become a Warlock. Maybe that is the dual Sword and Magic user in this game.

I do wonder if some Combat Arts might be class exclusive, like how some spells are unlocked as class skills; because if we only get a handful of combat arts just by levelling weapon ranks that could be a bit disappointing.

Soldier is a tier 1 class though. The only lance wielding tier 2 classes we have seen are Armour knight, Cavalier and Pegasus Knight, and I don't think anymore are coming. So at least from tier 1 to tier 2 there will be no upgraded soldier class unfortunately. As @HappyHawlucha. said however there is still a chance of a foot lance wielder being a class in tier 3 or tier 4 if that exists so it isn't ruled out yet.

Edited by SpiceMan

15 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

Soldier is a tier 1 class though. The only lance wielding tier 2 classes we have seen are Armour knight, Cavalier and Pegasus Knight, and I don't think anymore are coming. So at least from tier 1 to tier 2 there will be no upgraded soldier class unfortunately. As @HappyHawlucha. said however there is still a chance of a foot lance wielder being a class in tier 3 or tier 4 if that exists so it isn't ruled out yet.

Knight, Cav and Peg have definitely their promotions too. Would be stupid if old tier1 classes can't promote to their advanced class. 

Hilda is in one scan a lv9 fighter/brigand im pretty sure there'll be a second promotion at lv20. Lv5 T0>T1, Lv10 T1>T1(advanced tier1)>T2, Lv20/25 T2>T3.

All depends what the level cap is this time. Since Levels don't rest when promoting and reclassing, I can see a level cap at 30 to 40

1 minute ago, Owain Dark said:

Knight, Cav and Peg have definitely their promotions too. Would be stupid if old tier1 classes can't promote to their advanced class. 

Hilda is in one scan a lv9 fighter/brigand im pretty sure there'll be a second promotion at lv20. Lv5 T0>T1, Lv10 T1>T1(advanced tier1)>T2, Lv20/25 T2>T3.

All depends what the level cap is this time. Since Levels don't rest when promoting and reclassing, I can see a level cap at 30 to 40

If I'm thinking of the same screenshot, Hilda was just an axe using Noble.

I'm guessing the level cap is going to be 40, seeing as the experience requirement per level seems to be scaling like in Heroes (Petra needed 110 exp to get to level 3).

Seeing as how both Fates and Heroes have established a Lv 40 cap as well I could totally see either a 30 or 40 cap, 20 is far too low. I could either see:

Tier 0 -(Lv 5)> Tier 1 -(Lv 10)> Tier 2 -(Lv 20)> Tier 3 -(Lv 30)> Tier 4

Or

Tier 0 -(Lv 5)> Tier 1 -(Lv 10)> Tier 2 -(Lv 20)> Tier 3

If we go to Lv 40 we're totally getting 5 Tiers.

With maybe some intermediate or advanced or master classes getting unlocked at say 15 and 25 and 35 respectively, with maybe some other unlock means such as story progression or item requirements(Manuela giving you an item which would give you the singer class).

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

5 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Seeing as how both Fates and Heroes have established a Lv 40 cap as well I could totally see either a 30 or 40 cap, 20 is far too low. I could either see:

Tier 0 -(Lv 5)> Tier 1 -(Lv 10)> Tier 2 -(Lv 20)> Tier 3 -(Lv 30)> Tier 4

Or

Tier 0 -(Lv 5)> Tier 1 -(Lv 10)> Tier 2 -(Lv 20)> Tier 3

If we go to Lv 40 we're totally getting 5 Tiers.

With maybe some intermediate or advanced or master classes getting unlocked at say 15 and 25 and 35 respectively, with maybe some other unlock means such as story progression or item requirements(Manuela giving you an item which would give you the singer class).

I could see a professor/master class for Mercenary, Myrmidon, Mage (at level 30-ish) at least. 

Mercenary>Hero>Vanguard, Myrmidon>Swordmaster>Trueblade, Mage>Sage>Arcsage

Thing is I'm pretty sure it goes

Myrmidon - Mercenary - Hero - Vanguard. It doesn't make sense that classes obtained at level 5 and level 10 would be the same tier. Plus I'm pretty sure the article even stated the level 5 classes were beginner classes and the level 10 ones were intermediate. For example why would monk use the exact same weapons as mage and yet they are unlocked at different levels which clearly implies that mage is just the upgraded version of Monk. So I doubt that myrmidon is getting a separate class line as it seems to be able to promote into any sword wielding class: Mercenary, Thief, Archer, Cavalier and Pegasus knight. Why would you choose myrmidon over any of these classes, you wouldn't because they are on different tiers. I mean sure if you wanted to you could keep someone as a myrmidon and wait until tier 3 to promote into one of those classes but there isn't much reason to do so.

Yeah sure it'll work as a "class line" for Myrmidon where it promotes to Mercenary then Hero then Vanguard but it's not necessarily a class line. Soldier for example will most likely have a promoted form in either Tier 3 or 4 which resembles the Halberdier, but before unlocking it you might need to go to other classes; as you probably shouldn't stay Soldier, a Tier 1 class until later on in the game where you change to Halberdier, so you'd probably end up going Cavalier or Pegasus Knight to train your lance rank further before promoting to Halberdier. A similar thing may happen to Swordmaster as an offshoot of Myrmidon, not in the "typical" class line of Mercenary.

People seem to think you can only promote from Myrmidon into any sword wielding class; when you can actually promote to any class given you meet the necessary requirements, it's a very flexible class system.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

4 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

Thing is I'm pretty sure it goes

Myrmidon - Mercenary - Hero - Vanguard. It doesn't make sense that classes obtained at level 5 and level 10 would be the same tier. Plus I'm pretty sure the article even stated the level 5 classes were beginner classes and the level 10 ones were intermediate. For example why would monk use the exact same weapons as mage and yet they are unlocked at different levels which clearly implies that mage is just the upgraded version of Monk. So I doubt that myrmidon is getting a separate class line as it seems to be able to promote into any sword wielding class: Mercenary, Thief, Archer, Cavalier and Pegasus knight. Why would you choose myrmidon over any of these classes, you wouldn't because they are on different tiers. I mean sure if you wanted to you could keep someone as a myrmidon and wait until tier 3 to promote into one of those classes but there isn't much reason to do so.

Probably for the differing class skills?

1 minute ago, Armchair General said:

Probably for the differing class skills?

Or the stat caps might be too low so the game softly pushes you to up them by changing class.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

I don't think the tier 1 classes had any skills. They've been telling us all of the skills so far, I believe that class skills aren't unlocked by level but just obtained when you start a class. Instead it is the professor skills that you gain as you level up weapon ranks. Though perhaps there will be a special skill for each class when you finally 'master' it that will make it worth staying in the class. I do think that they will across the board be inferior to the tier 2 classes because if the tier 2 ones require a better seal to promote then they better be superior.

2 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

I don't think the tier 1 classes had any skills. They've been telling us all of the skills so far, I believe that class skills aren't unlocked by level but just obtained when you start a class. Instead it is the professor skills that you gain as you level up weapon ranks. Though perhaps there will be a special skill for each class when you finally 'master' it that will make it worth staying in the class. I do think that they will across the board be inferior to the tier 2 classes because if the tier 2 ones require a better seal to promote then they better be superior.

Why else would there be a class mastery option apart from class skills. I do wonder what classes will have 3 skills considering the class skill menu has 3 slots and we've only seen a maximum of 2 per class so far.

I think some tier 3 classes will have 3 and pretty much all tier 4 classes will have 3. Maybe in some cases you get even more than 3 and have to pick and choose between them. 

My guess is, some classes might have the same skills. Like cav and peg share canto, but the other 2 skills are different. 

And I don't think Myrmidon and Mercenary have the same "class line" like in Echoes. Felix would be tier 2 already from the beginning then, and I just can't see that. I imagine if you focus on swords, you can go myrm, but if you focus on swords and a bit on axes, it could open the mercenary line. 

6 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Curiously, are we sure that all of the Tier 2/Intermediate classes have been revealed so far?

Probably all, if not maybe a gender inclusive flier class(Wyvern rider) or a female exclusive mage as a counterpart to the Dark Mage. Maybe some Cavalry/Flying mages too, but they're probably reserved for Tier 3 as Tier 2 seems to have one cavalry, flying and armour class each.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

Just now, HappyHawlucha. said:

Probably all, if not maybe a gender inclusive flier class(Wyvern rider) or a female exclusive mage as a counterpart to the Dark Mage.

Wyvern Rider was the big reason why I was curious, to see if it would be available as an intermediate class or if it would be higher.

I mean, it wouldn't be the first time. It used to be a promotion for Pegasus Knights in the older games so I guess I wouldn't be surprised if Wyvern Rider was an advanced class.

9 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

My guess is, some classes might have the same skills. Like cav and peg share canto, but the other 2 skills are different. 

And I don't think Myrmidon and Mercenary have the same "class line" like in Echoes. Felix would be tier 2 already from the beginning then, and I just can't see that. I imagine if you focus on swords, you can go myrm, but if you focus on swords and a bit on axes, it could open the mercenary line. 

All of the students start as Noble or Commoner, including Felix. I do agree that they aren't the same class line though, mostly because I don't think class lines are going to be very strict.

1 minute ago, BastienSoul said:

All of the students start as Noble or Commoner, including Felix. I do agree that they aren't the same class line though, mostly because I don't think class lines are going to be very strict.

Wasn't Felix shown in a scan as a mercenary? Didn't saw him as a commoner/noble. 

As much as I love Gaiden/Echoes, the promotion system/class lines sucked much. Hope the latter don't reappear and that the archers can actually hit lol

Just now, Owain Dark said:

Wasn't Felix shown in a scan as a mercenary? Didn't saw him as a commoner/noble. 

As much as I love Gaiden/Echoes, the promotion system/class lines sucked much. Hope the latter don't reappear and that the archers can actually hit lol

That was just showing off mercenary, in the same way that this weeks scans showed the house leaders as Lords despite starting as Nobles.

I think what they seem to be doing with Archers is a good middle ground between standard Archers and Echoes Archers. Knowing both Close Counter and Bowrange + 1 are in this game already makes them seem a lot better than most games, and they seem to be accurate enough. I just hope Close Counter won't take too long to get.