Doctor Seuss Mafia - X-Site Summer Invitational (Day 5 - *YLO)

Iris

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

End of Day 1 Votals
(13) Animal Midwifedyachei, JohnCarter, Donald Trump, Ryanyb, LaserGuy, weinerboy, Naana, SB., Shinori, Alpha Male, Elemina, Refa, Mello (L-3!)
(3) Magnificence Incarnate: Omega., Orihime, Ichigo
(3) Naanamoonbird, manti, Red Ryu
(1) Donald Trump: Magnificence Incarnate
(1) IchigoEvanManManMan
(1) JohnCarterAnimal Midwife
(1) Omega.: Shattiel

(1) Not Voting: Fable

Edited by Iris

They are Sam. Sam they are. They are dead. Dead they are?

Animal Midwife was lynched! She was:

On 6/16/2018 at 11:59 PM, Iris said:

Dear Animal Midwife,

You are Sam-I-am, from Green Eggs and Ham.

I am Sam.
Sam I am.
Do you like
Green eggs and ham? 

At night, you may respond to your Role PM with “Night X, USER would you like green eggs and ham?”  Your persistence will be rewarded, and USER will like green eggs and ham so much that you will receive their Role PM.

In other words, you are a Rolecop.

You are aligned with the Red Fish. You win when the Red Fish reach parity with the Blue Fish or nothing can prevent this from happening.

It is now Night 1. You have 20 hours to submit Night Actions in your Role PMs. Night 1 ends on 6/20 at 6 PM EDT. Do not talk in the thread unless your role tells you otherwise.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

**posting this overnight since it's more likely people will read it**

Makaze's votal script is working this time (maybe), and I'll need your help to make it work! The script requires a specific formatting. 
Votes not in this format will NOT count, so be sure to vote in the specified format.

To Vote:
##Vote: @Aquilla

To Unvote:
##Unvote

So to recap, in addition to the old formatting, you'll need to use an @ symbol and make sure to select the user that you wish to vote in order to be sensed by the script.

Thanks! See you all in <10 hours.

HOW TO INSTALL ISOS:

(In case it wasn't explicit enough).

1. Use Chrome or Firefox. Anything else, and you're living in the Stone Age.

2. Install the Tampermonkey (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tampermonkey/dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo?hl=en) or Greasemonkey (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/) extensions.

3. Go to https://gist.github.com/Makaze/e4c7fd43e0d3dcffd46043e2eae553b5

4. Click "RAW".

5. Select "Install".

6. ISOs will be at the top of a thread, next to "Reply to this topic".

"Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!"

Well, that doesn't really help if you're dead, right?

Fable was killed! He was:

On 6/17/2018 at 12:41 AM, Iris said:

Dear SpankGangsta Fable,

You are the Lorax, the speaker of the trees and title character of the book by the same name.

"I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees.
I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.
And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs"
he was very upset as he shouted and puffed-
"What's that THING you've made out of my Truffula tuft?" 

They’ve destroyed all your Truffula trees and you’ve got no power, you see. You have no special abilities.

In other words, you are a Vanilla Townie.

You are aligned with the Blue Fish. You win when all threats to the Blue Fish are eliminated.

moonbird was killed! They were:

On 6/17/2018 at 12:29 AM, Iris said:

Dear moonbird,

You are The Grinch from How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

And he puzzled three hours, till his puzzler was sore.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before!
"Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store."
"Maybe Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!"
And what happened then? Well...in Whoville they say,
That the Grinch's small heart Grew three sizes that day!
And the minute his heart didn't feel quite so tight,
He whizzed with his load through the bright morning light,
And he brought back the toys! And the food for the feast!
And he, HE HIMSELF! The Grinch carved the roast beast!

Your heart’s so big and you’ve brought back the toys, but you’ve left nothing for yourself! You have no special abilities.

In other words, you are a Vanilla Townie.

You are aligned with the Blue Fish. You win when all threats to the Blue Fish are eliminated.

Living Players (21):

@Alpha Male (LordQuas)
@Donald Trump (Gorf)
@dyachei
@Elemina (Ranmaru)
@EvanManManMan
@Ichigo (Dunnstral)
@JohnCarter
@LaserGuy (formerly vi-astra)
@Magnificence Incarnate (Marth)
@manti (Mantichora)
@Mello
@Naana
@Omega. (YOLOSWAG)
@Orihime (Chelsea/MariaR)
@Red Ryu (formerly wolfy)
@Ryanyb (formerly Jinrou)
@Refa
@SB.
@Shattiel
@Shinori
@weinerboy (formerly Ryker)

It is now Day 2! Day 2 Ends on 6/22 at 10 PM EDT. With 21 alive, it takes 14 to hammer or the person with the most votes will be lynched at deadline. 

BE SURE TO FOLLOW THE NEW VOTING SYNTAX MENTIONED A FEW POSTS AGO.

What's popping boys night phase reading weinerboy here, it's 1:22 AM and the spirit of Mafia is ON M- oh holy fucking christ this thread is so big whyyyy

Kinda missed this honestly, the whole write walls nobody will care about or read. I've decided to just pick up from where I left off, barring the skim I was doing before previously replaced in. 106 pages is pretty hell and I feel that a lot of things that I missed in details previously are not as important especially on a recent scumflip. Sue me.

Let's get into the people I can talk about with more certainty, those who I think are the most relevant to AM's flip as they were around to bare witness and somewhat contribute to it. If you're not mentioned in-depth It's because 1) you weren't around for the AM flip much 2) I don't really know how to read you based on what occurred with her flip.

Shinori - Initial impression: Mostly good. Without reiterating points made he definitely was the one who came out smelling like a rose compared to Evan. I felt like in that disposition the scummier thing to do would to be to butt heads with Evan but instead he disengaged when see fit. I think scum would drag that on longer or perhaps feign a stronger disdain as I believe that most players whether they want to admit it or not do not like being accused as town. It's pretty universal to think you're in the right in some capacity. I looked back a bit further to see how he handled Evan before and there was nothing that stood out for me, apparently NANA was a main target there was likely just wasn't getting enough support, can understand that. With regards to the AM flip he just posted what was mostly being said about AM's scumslip when it came to Discord. Really something anyone could do as either alignment but luckily what I saw and how I feel about other players make me feel OK with this slot. Liking so far

Ichigo - I haven't really been feeling this slot much, his incessant questioning towards AM was already leaving a bad taste in my mouth. Lot of active sidelining. The pushes he made don't have enough gumption and just seems like an attempt to seem like he believes in his fake reads. I ISO'd him a bit more and when I was reading you I often felt like his intentions were vague. There was one instance that especially strike me as odd wrt AM:

I just haven't like your reads so far, I forget what they were at this point Animal is starting to look outted

Then immediately afterward:

I actually think animal midwife is tonally town right now when I actually read them but it's hard to get over the weird formatting

It's like he wanted to commit to this idea of AM being town but at the same point you were believing they were Wolf/Mafia/NotTown/PleaseFuckingGodCanWeCallItOneThing only because it was the correct thing to do. Don't know why you wouldn't double down on AM being tonally town and instead throw questions at him to get him to seemingly convince town he was the wrong guy. If you have a stronger point on Marth I'm not sure why this wasn't your greater focus, because you seemed to be very interested in him and even
voted him before the day ended. Don't like

Alpha Male - For a hot minute I was confused about which AM we were talking about beacuse Animal Midlife and Alpha Male are abbreviated the same. I really wanted to like this slot for the attention and commitment to AM but honestly I think she was getting a bit mundane. I wasn't paying attention as much as I should when it came to this but there were a lot of moments (Gorf is a bit guilty for this too) where they were egging on the fact AM was obvious and not really doing much beyond that. Was definitely coasting off this fact the most, though I do think there is potential to like this slot therefore I'm mostly null on this. I wanted to mention a IGMEOU so I threw her name on here.

Gorf/Donald Trump - Funny story: I was looking back at Luigi's Mansion mafia when I was scum and I remember pretending to hating Gorf for his troll behavior but it's a moot point at this rate. Gorf is gonna do what gorf is gonna do and honestly I accept that. What I wanted to know the most is if he agreed with my gut feeling on Ran and apparently looking a bit further back Gorf has been on Ran's case for a good minute, so I guess I'm interested to see what he does with that. When it comes to the point I made about AM egging it on Gorf was willing to not let AM simply be town or look like it because they had same interests. I like that, and maybe I will like him even more depending on what he has to say further about AM (the alive one) and Ranmaru.

--I went to bed about here at 3:00 AM--

Ranmaru/Elemina - A point I saw made from my other DGamer (marshy) is that Ran was being Ran earlier in the day. This definition fits like a glove and honestly my own issue is that I generally dislike Ranmaru's play up until he actually posts a readlist for me to delve into. Right now he's just been playing off the environment and I'm not really sure if it's a good or bad thing, especially because he didn't take my bait when I tried to get his attention. I'm putting him on the backburner until then and when it comes to AM he sorta just watched everything unfold and was too focused on his own interests to care. I don't particularily care for this but I don't think it's enough to make him priority. Don't like yet

Evan - After mullling it over through the night (literally) I don't know how to feel about this slot. I definitely agree with some people (Other AM, the alive one) that his sorta defense of AM was pretty grody, moreover he kept trying to cover his own ass throughout the phases. There's also the concern with throwing out that hot take about me and a couple of people that is alarming, but honestly if I'm looking at it from a partner/partner perspective I don't think he and Ichigo are aligned, therefore I'm in a position where if I think if one of them flips scum the other is pretty clear in my eyes. There was an instance earlier that Shinori pointed out where Ichigo stated that Evan's post was Bad/Gross/Shit despite Ichigo agreeing with Evan's read. This was clarified by Ichigo as somewhat untrue but the most I got out of it is that Ichigo and Evan were operating on different levels, and not just in the sense of what they were doing. If Ichigo/Evan were aligned I feel like Ichigo would've given stronger attention to Evan as he was gaining flak at the time, but in a sense he is very dismissal of him much like a lot of other people. Furthermore, Evan has also stated his dislike for Ichigo in a couple of posts, even more he was the one to vote him despite everything else going on with AM (note: I wish there was post numbers this shit would be easier to reference). Evan was also surprisingly consistent if he was prone to try and correct his mistakes, and the last post he made that Refa felt that made him no longer vigbait made a lot of sense if Evan was town, because he did mostly just read AM as null and never committed. Evan and Ranmaru are different players but their ways of gaining information seems similar, though Evan seems way more gun-ho this game. He's basically a slot that is easy to confuse scum with dumbtown, and I feel like he would be more opportunistic to get townpoints on AM instead of stating that they were mostly Null. It's like a townie that is so focused on what they were thinking they forgot about anything else. Not exactly good when it comes to working with but essentially harmless. Non-issue

Refa - So there was a slight concern with this slot initially in that if felt he was hamming it up with that one post about being mad if AM was town, but I had to agree with marshy about the way he was going about the situation was good. Really, this is a slot I want to talk with more than I want to talk about, because his interaction with Evan was more fruitful than what it seemed. It's not like he was some catalyst to decide how I felt about Evan, rather when Evan was given a chance to talk about things that weren't just 'why isn't shinori dead' he seemed actually a bit willing to reason with for a change. Like

Moving on to the slots I would deem as 'they were there but not really' -

JohnCarter, Ryanb, Naana, dyachei, Omega.

Both dya and John were already on AM and all dya really did was solidify her opinion on AM based on the posts I've seen from them. This is concerning to say the least, because it's just extra padding to someone who they possibly knew they were gonna flip scum. JohnCarter is ??? to me because I read his posts like they were saying things but not saying anything. Ichigo apparently doesn't like him so there could be some cool developments there based on what Ichigo does. Naana is apparently a target to people but yeeahhh not reading back that far wanna see what Ran does with that too. Really interesting end day where a lot of people who were involved with AM's death or around it were already planning ahead to the following day regardless of what she flipped. I don't believe all scum were on the wagon bussing her, so if I had to make assumption on who my guess on would be dya/AM at the absolute worst. I'm interested to see what people say about Naana too because she was also on AM's wagon.

MARSHY what the fuck u doin nibba im waiting for you to play this game im not reading you till you start chugging the bodytrain on someone. i do like that you're thinking Ichigo though so maybe we can both be thuggin' this game

##Vote @Ichigo

Let's start here for today

weiner- i was trying to get people to vote Animal all day, even before her slip with the discord text.

if I were scum, you think I'd actively try to get her lynched over anyone else? she was the role cop

MI tried to help make the gorf wagon which was counter to Animal's wagon