Doctor Seuss Mafia - X-Site Summer Invitational (Day 5 - *YLO)

Iris

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Alpha Male said:

weird cause I'm psure I shaded Ele a few times

more than soup even

It's a weird dichotomy that I've been struggling to comprehend. marshy back on the homesite was a lot more aggro prone to calling players bad, but honestly that was something that started to happen a lot more frequently. DGamers are extremely hard on each other because we've known each other for so long and we expect this type of play we're all used to. We're talking like 8+ years of experience and playing games together. I get that, I'm even attributing that a lot when it comes to my homesite players. Meta was a huge factor in games and a lot of the time it would become less about what the player was doing rather in tangent to what they've done before and trying to outplay them in the sense. Stubborness rolls deep is what I'm trying to say, dunno if he's this hard on the meta with MU players it'd be interesting to talk about

Day 2: Automated Votals from #4054 to #4080

Omega. (6): Donald Trump, Shinori, Shattiel, Orihime, Elemina, SB.
Red Ryu (4): Ichigo, Ryanyb, weinerboy, LaserGuy
SB. (3): Magnificence Incarnate, Omega., dyachei
Naana (2): Red Ryu, Snike
Magnificence Incarnate (1): JohnCarter
Shattiel (1): Naana
Not voting (4): Alpha Male, EvanManManMan, manti, Mello

Phase ends in 22h35m. Hammer at 14.

Vote history:

Naana (1): Shattiel

<Beta v2.0.4>

If you're really going to try to justify wolfreading Ran despite 8 years of him being an obvious villager over the course of dozens of games, I really don't know what to say to you. Like, how does that even happen? How?

Quas, you don't look wolfy to me for shading Ran because you don't have the meta that Gorf/soup do. I remember rolling wolf here on this site one time and loling @ the village for sussing Ran there.

Whatever. It's D2 and most of the game doesn't even what the fuck we're talking about. I'm just going to read over your posts later and try to see if I see what Ran's seeing. If you want to help the village just do your thing and give us your takes.

2 minutes ago, dyachei said:

but is naana scummy for it?

I still think she is but I need to re-evaluate after mason claims and see if she's pushed either of those slots on D1/2 first.

I've been pretty set in reading the slot as scum but have to read some stuff to re-evaluate some reads first.

2 minutes ago, Omega. said:

If you're really going to try to justify wolfreading Ran despite 8 years of him being an obvious villager over the course of dozens of games, I really don't know what to say to you. Like, how does that even happen? How?

Quas, you don't look wolfy to me for shading Ran because you don't have the meta that Gorf/soup do. I remember rolling wolf here on this site one time and loling @ the village for sussing Ran there.

Whatever. It's D2 and most of the game doesn't even what the fuck we're talking about. I'm just going to read over your posts later and try to see if I see what Ran's seeing. If you want to help the village just do your thing and give us your takes.

lmao I've been wrong on Ran so many times. I'm cool with you thinking I'm bad,  but I ain't cool with you using that for a scumread because if we're talking outside of meta and outside of what I know of you I don't like it one bit

I'm down to stop bothering you till you read but I hope you got something fresh for me to chew on

I don't think you're bad.

I think it's a bad play to misread Ranmaru considering his history. I made a bad play yesterday by not voting AM for example, but I don't think I'm bad. But y'know, I might just drop this. Ran was saying that you misread him a lot and it's not like you both would lie about it. If you and Gorf are both villagers here then lol.

Slapping you on the ISO list. You feel pretty good about Ryu being a wolf here?

Just now, Omega. said:

I don't think you're bad.

I think it's a bad play to misread Ranmaru considering his history. I made a bad play yesterday by not voting AM for example, but I don't think I'm bad. But y'know, I might just drop this. Ran was saying that you misread him a lot and it's not like you both would lie about it. If you and Gorf are both villagers here then lol.

Slapping you on the ISO list. You feel pretty good about Ryu being a wolf here?

Ironic as it sounds, lot of my Ruy suss is based on meta but yeah feeling pretty good about it, read what I told dya earlier, I'll even grab it for you

4 hours ago, weinerboy said:

I don't know Ichigo, maybe you do but I'm reading him based on what I see. I know Ruy however, and I know that when he's town he's not afraid to dig his heels into someone. It's almost sort of a pride thing but not really because I think Ruy is one of the least egotistic people. There were moments that Ruy was displaying that pride such as when he made that reads-list and put himself on it and claimed he was the 'towniest wolf'. scumRuy feels it's necessary to feign a sense of confidence even if he doesn't believe it himself, townRuy is more privy to make mistakes, maybe get some flak but not rush immediately to drop some reads. He might not be the most refined but he's definitely more self-aware than that. Even if it's a matter of Ruy not caring about the game he has and will freeze as scum, and honestly I'd say he freezes way more as it too. There's also this strange interaction I had with im where he just essentially did a shrug and said 'well if people want me then who am I to complain?' and cmon Ruy does not buckle like that so quick for his shoddy input. Who am I reading the more likely? I don't really know right now which is why I want to apply the pressure on one, and while yes people do not like Ichigo and that's cool I personally am not getting shit out of it. 

As to why I feel Ichigo/Ruy isn't w/w? It lies on the Ruy aspect for sure. Ruy would definitely be aware of Ichigo voting him, and would probably even drop a couple of questions here and there, but it's not even acknowledged. He has Ichigo as null despite him voting him for a high majority of the day and calling for his head multiple times. I know you don't have meta on Ruy but do you believe that Ruy if he's a wolf with Ichigo (and with Ichigo actively talking with him) just pretends to ignore that pressure?

@dyachei

Interact with Ruy a bit around page 134, which was my reference wrt this post I made towards dya

Credit to Shinori for the inspirational welcome question.

OK, so I think marth's still town after reading what he has so far. A lot of what he''s been saying rings true to me if some of it is wrong.

So the wagon on him was SB Refa Naana Omega Orihime. I don't think this wagon is pure.

Refa is me and I'm townie!

I think Orihime is town, no clown.

So that leaves SB, Omega, and Naana, spare the banana.

I'm starting to warm to Town!Omega rn because while his d1 was way off in terms of filler to content ratio, I don't know why he wouldn't dogpile AM after the fiasco as scum and instead remain on the magnificent wagon. The wagon on him rn doesn't sit well with me (50% null/Scumreads for me) on top of that so I'm leaning that he's just town pocketed by elemina. This will be subject to change.

SB I was feeling better about but I think the way he started the Marth wagon was shady since the vote post didn't really strike me as feeling strongly about any case. This is definitely in his range as scum imo even if his being overwhelmed is real.

Which leaves Naana. I already think this slot's scum and I think position on the push (3rd) is a spot that's usually scum-oriented on a wagoned villager.

The thing that gives me pause is the wagon on Naana at this point is this:

On 6/19/2018 at 6:39 PM, Conqueror said:

(5) Naana: moonbird, manti, Elemina, Shinori, Red Ryu

Moon's confirmed town and I'm pretty sure Shinori's town as well. But I can't say the same for Manti and Elemina (slot 3!), and on top of that we have Red Ryu, who is literally Wolfing the thread. 

Despite that, I'm keeping my vote where it is right now. I'm a little worried that Ryu might be too easy of a lynch, if that makes sense, but I'd consolidate there if nothing really changes.

I'll try to get a bit more in before work tomorrow but otherwise I should be back a few hours before deadline.

On 6/19/2018 at 10:35 AM, Shattiel said:

Heres a vague reads

Ele - null leaning town on this one

Orihime - lean scum

Laser - town

Omega - lean scum hi

Evan - lean scum til his reads improve

AM - I'll sheep dya's only read

Shinori - Town for now but will change depending on people's flip

Moon - slick entry in the game

AM - Kinda on the fence with this one but I could very well see him as town

Dya - Feels like she's really considering things with how she's not giving much reads?

Donald Trump - Town tone ++1

JC - Town

Naana - scum

The rest are null

Just want to bring this up, this is the closest we've got for a reads list from shattiel so far, mid d1.Consider how it has progressed into an omega tunnel today,  I think its wolfy that he hasn't given any take on Evan or orihime today.  You'd think town reconsiders their progression after a scum! midwife flip but nope. 

##Unvote

##Vote @Shattiel

so technical issues hindered me from being able to post throughout the day and i very well may knock dafuq out while reading (i just worked for 15 hours lol) so if i ghost my bas it stands, my thoughts are that there is scum within the pool of omega, ichigo, naana and ruy. naana still stands as the player id feel least confident about lynching, but i do like shinori's case as a whole on naana, plus i feel like theres a general lack of urgency with the play. it just kinda feels like they dont mind just letting the thread take its course. omega has been playing better since i had my back and forth with him last night, but itd be naïve of me to think that a scum!omega wouldnt take the opportunity to step his play up if he thinks the case highlights faults in his play (which it does, town or scum), so ultimately i think the up in quality of his play becomes AI since he was made light of his lack in quality. but really, i think theres a strong connection there to flipped scum that CAN'T be ignored. im not gonna pretend im not sheeping the ichigo case that is public info at this point, but i like it and i think it fits. that and i think his flip gives A TON of information. and for ruy, its tough because i got a soulread of town on wolfy while he was in the game but ruys contribution has been incredibly shallow, and while i dont expect milestones from ruy, as of pg 137 or so it just feels really shallow, almost like hes phoning in contribution. and thats not a matter of him being a sub and not as well read up, his reads on the current events that he was able to experience were really shallow too. i thought his reads list was wack and felt like a chore more than something serious.

ill be back and either decide to read the influx of posts or somebody can give me a tl;dr of current events and save me the headache :)

1 minute ago, Donald Trump said:

so technical issues hindered me from being able to post throughout the day and i very well may knock dafuq out while reading (i just worked for 15 hours lol) so if i ghost my bas it stands, my thoughts are that there is scum within the pool of omega, ichigo, naana and ruy. naana still stands as the player id feel least confident about lynching, but i do like shinori's case as a whole on naana, plus i feel like theres a general lack of urgency with the play. it just kinda feels like they dont mind just letting the thread take its course. omega has been playing better since i had my back and forth with him last night, but itd be naïve of me to think that a scum!omega wouldnt take the opportunity to step his play up if he thinks the case highlights faults in his play (which it does, town or scum), so ultimately i think the up in quality of his play becomes AI since he was made light of his lack in quality. but really, i think theres a strong connection there to flipped scum that CAN'T be ignored. im not gonna pretend im not sheeping the ichigo case that is public info at this point, but i like it and i think it fits. that and i think his flip gives A TON of information. and for ruy, its tough because i got a soulread of town on wolfy while he was in the game but ruys contribution has been incredibly shallow, and while i dont expect milestones from ruy, as of pg 137 or so it just feels really shallow, almost like hes phoning in contribution. and thats not a matter of him being a sub and not as well read up, his reads on the current events that he was able to experience were really shallow too. i thought his reads list was wack and felt like a chore more than something serious.

ill be back and either decide to read the influx of posts or somebody can give me a tl;dr of current events and save me the headache :)

Ichigo/Snike (Refa) claimed mason, shit's on fire yo

2 hours ago, Omega. said:

WITH THIS REVELATION

WE ARE IGNORING ELEMINAS OPINION FOR REST OF DAYPHASE

HE HAS WANTED TO DUNK VILLAGERS ALL DAY. HIS OPINION I SUGGEST WE ALL PUT IN THE TRASH TODAY AT LEAST.

THIS IS ALSO GOOD BECAUSE REFA AND I WERE MINDMELDING. SNIKE YOU ARE MY NEW RIDE OR DIE. ICHIGO YOU TOO

quote because itll be annoying

lol nice shitting on elemina bro she STAYS tryna ride town into the dumpster