Doctor Seuss Mafia - X-Site Summer Invitational (Day 5 - *YLO)

Iris

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

no i DID base my case and main push on you due to your association or lack thereof with am. and it did work. it was just wrong

The underlined contradicts itself.

Associations are so easy to misread that basing an entire lynch off of them from D1 is usually trash. You can make damn near anyone look like a wolf due to how they did or didn't treat AM. She dropped the "Omega's ignoring me" line and you fell flat on your face for it. I don't know what Jinrou is, but him using level 0 meta to justify a misread on AM doesn't say much. If you want to push, push. Just don't do it for bad reasons. Orihime did the same thing; it's not like the whole wolfteam is just going to misread her off meta or whatever.

Shattiel was being read V by near everyone D1. Now she's being spun as a wolf due to associations. If she's V and we mislynch her after abandoning a widely-agreed upon V read and/or sheeping Naana when Naana was marked BEFORE D2 (AKA he was marked while he was calling Shattiel V), then that will be a dumbass play on our part. Need more focus on individual wolfiness.

Also, the fact that wolves blew up Naana last night shows points to them probably not fearing this village at all. I would have always tried to get 3 or 4 villagers marked before burning. Makes sense, because we know 5 villagers have been wagoned thus far.

so he said that cuz i was rallying for him but alpha was on about ruy being obvscum and outed so he was like why not vote outed scum. but of course that becomes a matter of why say not switching when he wasnt voting at all, which is dumb, but his stated stance was let outed scum (ruy from his perspective) die. tbh whats stopping him from being apathetic horrible obnoxious town? i would love to see him lynched but i know for a fact ive seen worse town play. so i see no concrete alignment indication from that, all i see is him saying no, im not gonna vote sb over outed scum.

but using the word "switching" IS weird. but then again are we really gonna call that scummy? and get to the fucking point and tell me why before just insinuating if yes

1 minute ago, Omega. said:

Also, the fact that wolves blew up Naana last night shows points to them probably not fearing this village at all. I would have always tried to get 3 or 4 villagers marked before burning. Makes sense, because we know 5 villagers have been wagoned thus far.

The only alternative to this I can see is if there's some kind of variant that the arsonist is where he HAS to alternate between marking and burning. If that's the case, that's a pretty dank modifier on the role and one that should be used more often.

9 minutes ago, Omega. said:

Associations are so easy to misread that basing an entire lynch off of them from D1 is usually trash. You can make damn near anyone look like a wolf due to how they did or didn't treat AM. She dropped the "Omega's ignoring me" line and you fell flat on your face for it. I don't know what Jinrou is, but him using level 0 meta to justify a misread on AM doesn't say much. If you want to push, push. Just don't do it for bad reasons. Orihime did the same thing; it's not like the whole wolfteam is just going to misread her off meta or whatever.

Shattiel was being read V by near everyone D1. Now she's being spun as a wolf due to associations. If she's V and we mislynch her after abandoning a widely-agreed upon V read and/or sheeping Naana when Naana was marked BEFORE D2 (AKA he was marked while he was calling Shattiel V), then that will be a dumbass play on our part. Need more focus on individual wolfiness.

So why do you think they primed naana in the first place then? because not fearing the village both a) doesn't really fit the profile of a lot of the scumspects, and b) doesn't make sense after a wolf lynch on d1 when they prime

1 minute ago, Omega. said:

i was just being a jerk in that i lead the charge, the charge was just a misread

to be fair it was also based on you being uncharacteristically subdued in your play and actually thinking i might be scum because i read terrible horrible early ele play as scummy, so the associations were in line with what i thought was suspicious-if-towny play. and i mean if youre really up to derailing wagons on players feel the fuck free but if not why are you even bothering to stomp on my train of thought here? youre not offering anything any better outright so what even is the point of this conversation aside from you just criticizing my scumhunting?

no. she was being v read by near everyone d1 for tone and is being spun as a wolf cuz active lurking, plus association. like after enough thought i was too preemptive in going for shatt, it was too easy.

Day 3: Automated Votals from #5317 to #5334

Shattiel (4): Shinori, Snike, LaserGuy, Mello
Orihime (2): Dyachei, JohnCarter
Ryanyb (2): Shattiel, Donald Trump
LaserGuy (1): EvanManManMan
Magnificence Incarnate (1): Omega.
Mello (1): weinerboy
Not voting (6): Elemina, Ichigo , Magnificence Incarnate, manti, Orihime, Ryanyb

Phase ends in 45h51m. Hammer at 12.

<Beta v2.0.4>

1 minute ago, JohnCarter said:

So why do you think they primed naana in the first place then? because not fearing the village both a) doesn't really fit the profile of a lot of the scumspects, and b) doesn't make sense after a wolf lynch on d1 when they prime

I'm surprised Naana was primed when people thought he was wolfy. My only guess is that they were making a safe play on a villager who never gets doused.

I personally would have doused Naana (no homo) many times in a vacuum but didn't here because I thought he was firmly on the wolves' mislynch list. Maybe the wolves thought he was spewed V due to being a counterwagon to AM.

4 hours ago, Shinori said:

How do we know naana was arsonist death again? Was it in flavor? 

4 hours ago, Shinori said:

Like sb easily could have been primed n1 by arso as well.

Or some other potential killing role. 

3 hours ago, Shinori said:

I could probably be convinced to go to marth. 

@Omega. you still feeling weiner boy scum? Cause I felt my interaction with him yesterday made me start scum reading him. 

I feel my reads otherwise have been fairly off punt so far this game setting  as I'm not dead yet and most people in thread have town read me as well as most of the dead slots also town read me so I'm probably going to reevaluate my reads on a few people. 

These were all towards @Omega. Are you ignoring me for any specific reason?

2 hours ago, weinerboy said:

What I'm really looking for is a game you were in where you were scum if you're willing to give that.

Scum game; I got shot night 2 by the SK.  Scum team won.

Scum game; Lynched D3. This was a multiball game. We lost.

Scum game. Scum won in 4 person Lylo at the end of the game(I was last scum alive).  I was Baroness von bon bon.  (anonymous game)

Town game. Town won.

Town game. Town won.

Responding to the rest of this post in my next post.

9 minutes ago, Shinori said:

Scum game; I got shot night 2 by the SK.  Scum team won.

Scum game; Lynched D3. This was a multiball game. We lost.

Scum game. Scum won in 4 person Lylo at the end of the game(I was last scum alive).  I was Baroness von bon bon.  (anonymous game)

Town game. Town won.

Town game. Town won.

Responding to the rest of this post in my next post.

I don't feel it necessary to go through these for you, so can you summarize your typical scum/town plays? 

1 hour ago, JohnCarter said:

ah yeah, this brings up a few things I touched on actually. like the elemina thing you mentioned

@Elemina you've dropped off a bit, you ok??

I'm alright I was streaming till now and got twitch affiliate so I have not read anything, just saw the notification here, tbh I'm gonna read up tomorrow and will be present as I have nothing going on

I'm looking at the flips and I need to re-think things