Doctor Seuss Mafia - X-Site Summer Invitational (Day 5 - *YLO)

Iris

9 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

swag. honestly i thought your plays been fine all game i just think its wack to make calls on something, have a bunch of people say otherwise, and just let the town youre playing for sit in what you think is a bad read. i look forward to your case.

@Magnificence Incarnate only vaguely remember a couple of your posts from toDay, but from what ive seen people scumreading you have basically just said you were making pushes yesterDay toward not-am but i dont really see that cuz your activity was sparse. are you caught up? whats your read (and why's would be nice) on omega, myself, and sb (this one in particular cuz im having a real hard time understanding)?

Yeah I'm caught up.  The argument that I've seen is that I pushed you as a counter to AM and that's about it.  I currently read omega as town that people are easily stacking their votes on. This is more because I'm familiar with his style but I've played a couple of games with him before where he looked for interactions between two people and voted them to gain reads and he was town in both games. I think the wagon gaining traction so fast looks sus and a couple of voters on it are in my scum reads.

I srd you for your ele case and your shift to midwife after the wagon gained traction,  but I don't think you open today as scum going into a Tdome with Omega so I've dropped the read, more likely to come from town.  

SB is a scum read because during d1 he signed off naana and midwife as town when they were the most talked about players in the game, then stuck his vote on omega for reasons I found shallow. Also he has been kinda pushing the scum! Ori line of thought today which is some p scummy tinfoiling when ori is a risky play today. 

Shattiel is another scum read because he didn't really progress with his reads and completely ignored Evan /orihime even though he listed them as scum reads during d1. Also he was off wagon, pushing the naana lynch while waffling on midwife. 

Ryu looks like a good lynch to be too given that he was off wagon and his content is basically tunnelling on naana while having the rest of the players as null. 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

so i kinda read ori's positiion on am like omega's position on elemina, like that in their NAI logic reading them should be piss easy. but it really does stir up wifom so that conversation is almost useless to have without specific context imo

like, I see what you're trying to say, but it doesn't work when you're voting Omega

4 minutes ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

srd you for your ele case and your shift to midwife after the wagon gained traction,  but I don't think you open today as scum going into a Tdome with Omega so I've dropped the read, more likely to come from town.  

what was so bad specifically about his shift to AM in comparison to the other 10+

it works cuz you can say that, regardless of alignment, you have ABSOLUTE conviction about a particular read on a player. i think omega was using the ele thing as a hard crutch to justify a scumread on me (and soup), and see ori using it as a thing to counter the ensuing wagon that was forming on am, who according to her, was playing to their town meta. i bet outside of game, you ask ori and omega about their thoughts on am and ele's metas respectively and theyll give you REALLY confident answers, and that just translates into their reads of them regardless of their (ori and omega's) own alignment.

5 minutes ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

Yeah I'm caught up.  The argument that I've seen is that I pushed you as a counter to AM and that's about it.  I currently read omega as town that people are easily stacking their votes on. This is more because I'm familiar with his style but I've played a couple of games with him before where he looked for interactions between two people and voted them to gain reads and he was town in both games. I think the wagon gaining traction so fast looks sus and a couple of voters on it are in my scum reads.

I srd you for your ele case and your shift to midwife after the wagon gained traction,  but I don't think you open today as scum going into a Tdome with Omega so I've dropped the read, more likely to come from town.  

SB is a scum read because during d1 he signed off naana and midwife as town when they were the most talked about players in the game, then stuck his vote on omega for reasons I found shallow. Also he has been kinda pushing the scum! Ori line of thought today which is some p scummy tinfoiling when ori is a risky play today. 

Shattiel is another scum read because he didn't really progress with his reads and completely ignored Evan /orihime even though he listed them as scum reads during d1. Also he was off wagon, pushing the naana lynch while waffling on midwife. 

Ryu looks like a good lynch to be too given that he was off wagon and his content is basically tunnelling on naana while having the rest of the players as null. 

so because people dont seem to realize i literally grouped ele and am as scum from pg 16 in the thread, and never let up. ele was just the hotter one for me to push because people were vocally sus of am so it was like why. but its a moot point now i guess.

regarding omega i cant dispute the wagon buildup and voters being sr argument, but all ill say about the looking for interactions and voting to gain reads is... well i dont think omega's near dumb enough to be unable to do that as  wolf. what do you think of omega's stark lack of acknowledging am, as well as am actually pointing that out as early as pg 19? i think its peculiar that am decided to point that out so early in the game in hindsight, but more worth noting is the fact that am was a popular, but not necessarily THE popular, wagon for most of the Day and yolo spent most of the day being relatively rogue and not even acknowledging its existence. imo town!yolo talks to people on am's wagon and, if not convinced by it (he says himself he was p much apathetic of it for the whole Day), ACTIVELY tries to steer conversation elsewhere, rather than passively like how he conducted himself.

when you say signed off, you mean like chose to ignore them in regards to sb's d1? cuz if thats so thats interesting, and i could actually see one wolf, but not both, between sb/omega. agreed with tinfoiling too, sb is a really hard slot for me to read cuz i find myself being able to follow his logic really well, but at the same time, i have played enough games on sf with him to know i NEVER scumread him and ive even been scum with him when i townread him lol

gotta say ive been hard tonereading shatt as town so maybe its worth isoing after toDay, but i get incredibly lazy but p towny in bursts vibes more than anything. but idgaf about shatt at least for toDay, so get back to me toMorrow earliest if you wanna follow up on shatt

you seem keen to look at the am wagon for votes. omega is completely absent from not only the am wagon EVER, but hardly makes mention of him if at all

1 hour ago, Donald Trump said:

and for ruy, its tough because i got a soulread of town on wolfy while he was in the game but ruys contribution has been incredibly shallow, and while i dont expect milestones from ruy, as of pg 137 or so it just feels really shallow, almost like hes phoning in contribution. and thats not a matter of him being a sub and not as well read up, his reads on the current events that he was able to experience were really shallow too. i thought his reads list was wack and felt like a chore more than something serious.

this is my rationale for scum!ruy i posted on pg 164 @Magnificence Incarnate, i think i said id quote it for reference

22 minutes ago, JohnCarter said:

what was so bad specifically about his shift to AM in comparison to the other 10+

The other 10+ are after the scum slip and at that point you vote am or stay an idiot whereas Gorf's vote was wash before that and it came after lots of suspicion already formed on AM so its not too hard to see a bus there. 

9 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

so because people dont seem to realize i literally grouped ele and am as scum from pg 16 in the thread, and never let up. ele was just the hotter one for me to push because people were vocally sus of am so it was like why. but its a moot point now i guess.

regarding omega i cant dispute the wagon buildup and voters being sr argument, but all ill say about the looking for interactions and voting to gain reads is... well i dont think omega's near dumb enough to be unable to do that as  wolf. what do you think of omega's stark lack of acknowledging am, as well as am actually pointing that out as early as pg 19? i think its peculiar that am decided to point that out so early in the game in hindsight, but more worth noting is the fact that am was a popular, but not necessarily THE popular, wagon for most of the Day and yolo spent most of the day being relatively rogue and not even acknowledging its existence. imo town!yolo talks to people on am's wagon and, if not convinced by it (he says himself he was p much apathetic of it for the whole Day), ACTIVELY tries to steer conversation elsewhere, rather than passively like how he conducted himself.

when you say signed off, you mean like chose to ignore them in regards to sb's d1? cuz if thats so thats interesting, and i could actually see one wolf, but not both, between sb/omega. agreed with tinfoiling too, sb is a really hard slot for me to read cuz i find myself being able to follow his logic really well, but at the same time, i have played enough games on sf with him to know i NEVER scumread him and ive even been scum with him when i townread him lol

gotta say ive been hard tonereading shatt as town so maybe its worth isoing after toDay, but i get incredibly lazy but p towny in bursts vibes more than anything. but idgaf about shatt at least for toDay, so get back to me toMorrow earliest if you wanna follow up on shatt

you seem keen to look at the am wagon for votes. omega is completely absent from not only the am wagon EVER, but hardly makes mention of him if at all

I should check that,  that can be easily missed in the thread. 

I think the only wolfy thing he has done is avoid AM yeah but  his reads mostly match up with what I know of his meta like his stance on you/me or the way he reads soup.  I've never played with scum omega though. 

I've townread Sb in his scum games and yeah he has a very villagery tone as wolf. He has been in a slump though wrt reads as town.  He mostly didn't talk about AM and naana in pages 40-45 and 62-65(can't remember which page,  phone posting is a bitch) while making an off read on Dya so its sketchy.

I don't have much else to say on shatt given that I've not played with him to know the lazy town vibe that you're talking about. 

so i hate meta reliance but all i can say is that omega is like the virtual opposite of what he say elemina is. he is extremely capable of feigning a process of acquiring reads, and matches tone well. i choose not to read him off play in isolation when we play together because yolo's play itself being town/scum is super ambiguous.

the more i think of it tho the more i like the sb/omega v/w train of thought tho

4 hours ago, Mello said:

Everyone's voting him, yet you have no read on him yet? If you had to take a guess what would you say? Do you usually townread him quickly as town or scumread him quickly as scum? Just to get a better idea of how to read him. 

I normally can townread him super fast if he's town if he's scum it takes me a bit.