Who do you want to see as Echo characters?

Jedi

Perhaps an odd topic, but since they've been given a classification now. 

Along with Daisy's introduction as one, I feel a number of characters who may have not had chances before suddenly do. My personal hope is that Shadow the Hedgehog becomes one, but i'm gonna go over some cases that have hints and then some I might wanna see. 

Hint's we have to go off. 

Shadow
is not seen as an AT in Sonic's website trailer despite the fact he's always been prominently seen with Sonic in his trailers 

Knuckles is in his place, and Shadow was reportively never seen as an AT 
Has properties similar to Sonic and while i'd be annoyed having him lack his unique Chaos powers, if this is how I get Shadow so be it. 

Chrom 
Ike's Chrom colors are absent currently 
Robin's Final Smash hasn't been shown, and most trailers did show Final Smashes 

Chrom has been joked about being too similar to Ike to put into Smash 4 via Palutena's guidance, "Might get his chance another day" 

Dark Samus 
Samus's Dark Samus Alt is noticably absent 
Dark Samus AT has not been seen 

Dixie Kong 
Diddy Kong seemingly no longer uses his tail for his attacks (this one is the weakest one but I felt it's worth pointing out)

Some Echoes I'd want include Ken (Street Fighter) and Zack (Final Fantasy Crisis Core) . 

What about you guys?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping for Chrom personally, half because I want the memes to end and half because I like Chrom. I expect Chrom to be an Echo Fighter of Ike. He could be an Echo Fighter of Roy but I think Ike's fighting style fits him better.

Other than that there's no Echo Fighters I want, at least that I can think of at the moment.

Edited by Azure Sen

Shadow would be neat.

But I wouldn't get my hopes up about some of these.

Other characters besides Robin had their Final Smashes missing from their videos too, not just Robin. And Ike's lack of a Chrom palette could be due to him being split between PoR and RD now. Had to make room for red, blue, and green variants of both for multiplayer reasons. Also, we already have two Awakening characters, why a third when other FE games have no reps?

Also, there are probably a lot of ATs missing that we haven't seen. Just because one wasn't shown doesn't mean it's a playable character.

Oh, and Fox and Marth still have their Wolf and Roy palettes respectively.

I'm still not sure Dixie would be an echo, but I suppose it's possible if Diddy no longer uses his tail since Dixie lacks one.

Edited by Anacybele

It would be too long to list all of them but I want an Echo fighter for everybody even if it sounds impossible for some fighters (like Shulk, does anyone else use the monado or someone with a weapon similar to him in XC2?)

Edited by Nym

8 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I could see Rex as an echo fighter for shulk

Can he use the monado arts too?

Edited by Nym

Octoling for Inkling is my first pick. I like the design way more, and they play exactly the same so it would make a lot of sense.

Dark Samus would be cool. If we can get one more dark character after her we can have a dark trio.

Skyward Sword Impa could work as an echo for Sheik.

It's a bit of a shame Alph appears to be an alt again. He could have been an echo with some different Pikmin.

Jeanne for Bayonetta.

On the other hand, some echoes I don't want to see:

Any FE character. I want a unique default female FE character, like Edelgard or Anna or Lyn. Sure, we could get that and an echo fighter like Chrom, but I want to hear the backlash when we get 8 Fire Emblem characters. Just stick to what we have unless we get a fully unique newcomer. I'd be cool with characters like Chrom or Azura being assist trophies, though.

Dixie Kong. I honestly don't think this will happen, but people keep bringing it up. I believe part of the reason Dixie didn't get into Brawl was because she was too different from Diddy to make it in late like Wolf. I don't think Sakurai will see Dixie as similar enough to Diddy to echo him, and I really don't want it, either.

9 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I could see Rex as an echo fighter for shulk

From what I've heard about how Rex fight's him being a Shulk Echo would be very untrue to how he actually fights and would lack his "Blades"

1 minute ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

well you got me there

I more of meant how they could wield the Monado and Aegis sword similarly in their moveset.

Unfortunately, if no one can use the monado arts, Shulk is doomed to have no echo fighters.

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

From what I've heard about how Rex fight's him being a Shulk Echo would be very untrue to how he actually fights and would lack his "Blades"

fair enough

lets make him a full character then

Yeah, i would actually be pissed if Rex was an Echo Fighter for Shulk because Rex fights nothing like him. Like, you can't even try to make them fight similarly. Rex can use the Monado but the canonicity of the Challenge Mode DLC is up for debate.

There is one character who can serve as Shulk's Echo Fighter but that would be a spoiler for Xenoblade 2.

Spoiler

Malos has a Monado and generally the same Monado Arts as Shulk so he could easily be an Echo Fighter. Plus, that would mean having a Xenoblade villain in Smash and Smash could always use more villains. I see Malos being a stronger, bulkier version of Shulk with a different Final Smash.

39 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Dark Samus 
Samus's Dark Samus Alt is noticably absent 
Dark Samus AT has not been seen

17 minutes ago, Florete said:

Dark Samus would be cool. If we can get one more dark character after her we can have a dark trio.

(*still waiting for the SA-X to be recognized as even a Trophy*)

While I understand why Dark Samus is the Metroid character a fair amount of people jump to for New Smash Fighter(those that haven't been shouting Ridley for years anyways), I'd still prefer a non-Samus Metroid rep, which was why I wasn't really bothered by Ridley's inclusion despite saying continuously I was tired of people asking for him - at least he's way more unique than pretty much any other possible Metroid rep. I mean, we have the six Hunters from Prime Hunters, the three from Corruption, and the SA-X in addition to Dark Samus as options, yet Dark Samus is the only one that gets mentioned at all. Rundas had a small group pushing for him during the Ballot, but that was it, and I'd say Ghor would be a more interesting option due to being a more unique character. If we absolutely must have a Metroid Echo Fighter despite the series offering at least ten potentially unique possible Fighters, then the SA-X is basically the only way to go since it's literally a Samus 'clone' in the home series, while Dark Samus, if her unique attacks as an Assist Trophy are an indication, would probably be made into a unique Fighter rather than an Echo.

7 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

It's possible still for Rex to be a Echo character of Shulk considering what they showed on Treehouse. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0YTEPYAzuI

6 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

oh yeah i forgot about that

he could just borrow the monado!

The Monado isn't Rex's weapon though. That'd be like giving Marth Mercurius instead of Falchion. If Rex is going to be in Smash, there are three weapons he can pull from: the Aegis Sword, the Catalyst Scimitar and the Dual Sycthes. That second one involves a spoiler Blade though not that Sakurai would care.

That's why i'm 100% against Rex being Shulk's echo because if anyone's going to be Shulk's echo, it's

Spoiler

Malos, because he's got a Monado.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The Monado isn't Rex's weapon though. That'd be like giving Marth Mercurius instead of Falchion.

Not to be that guy, but Mercurius was his Prf in FE1 as well as Falchion, so it wouldn't be entirely weird. Rest of your examples check out though.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If Rex is going to be in Smash, there are three weapons he can pull from: the Aegis Sword, the Catalyst Scimitar and the Dual Sycthes. That second one involves a spoiler Blade though not that Sakurai would care.

If Rex does get in and has some sort of Driver/Blade mechanic, then I don't want him to have any Blade switching because having more than one special mechanic would be messy and complicated. He should just stick with Pyra for his main moveset with Mythra being involved in his Final Smash. But I digress...

I only want characters to be echo fighters if there's no way they're getting in with a unique moveset, like Daisy. I also don't want dozens of them to be added (especially not as DLC) just so Sakurai can say he included more characters, but two or three more should be fine.

If there is any echoes character I want to see in Smash Ultimate it would be Chrom if only to see the silly memes about him and Smash come full circle. Also, I would see it as a chance for him to get back at the KI crew for mocking him in Palutena's Guidance.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The Monado isn't Rex's weapon though. That'd be like giving Marth Mercurius instead of Falchion. If Rex is going to be in Smash, there are three weapons he can pull from: the Aegis Sword, the Catalyst Scimitar and the Dual Sycthes. That second one involves a spoiler Blade though not that Sakurai would care.

That's why i'm 100% against Rex being Shulk's echo because if anyone's going to be Shulk's echo, it's

Reveal hidden contents

Malos, because he's got a Monado.

Spoiler

Arent the Aegis's monados though? What with Ontos most likely being Alvis, Malos HAVING a monado, and Mythra granting Foresight, along with many other hints the game throws at you?

Plus Rex can use monado arts thanks to shulk being available to use in challenge mode

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

If Rex does get in and has some sort of Driver/Blade mechanic, then I don't want him to have any Blade switching because having more than one special mechanic would be messy and complicated. He should just stick with Pyra for his main moveset with Mythra being involved in his Final Smash. But I digress...

They wouldn't have to all out. Just have him switch between Pyra and Mythra. Keep it simple.

Edit:

@DisobeyedCargo

Spoiler

Arent the Aegis's monados though? What with Ontos most likely being Alvis, Malos HAVING a monado, and Mythra granting Foresight, along with many other hints the game throws at you?

I think it's more accurate to say that the Monado is an Aegis Sword. However, Rex is never seen using Monado Arts at any point during the game. And the Aegis Sword has it's own abilities that differentiate it from Shulk's Monado. 

As for Rex using the Monado in the Challenge Mode DLC, again the Monado is not Rex's weapon. Just because he can use it in the Challenge Mode DLC does not mean that he should use it in Smash.

Edited by Armagon

Celica for Robin, if she even has a chance and isn't given a completely different spellset. Also Alm for Link, if that counts? I've also considered Plusle and Minun as an Ice Climber-esque character. These may all be great stretches though.

18 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

Celica for Robin, if she even has a chance and isn't given a completely different spellset. Also Alm for Link, if that counts? I've also considered Plusle and Minun as an Ice Climber-esque character. These may all be great stretches though.

Celica can easily be an Echo Character of Robin but Alm being one of Link woudn't work because Alm doesn't throw bombs.

Edited by Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Celica can easily be an Echo Character of Robin but Alm being one of Link would work if it wasn't for the fact that Alm doesn't throw bombs.

Alm could work as a Roy Echo probably, just have his FS be the Duma stab.