Who do you want to see as Echo characters?

Jedi

Can’t say I expect it...but I could potentially see 

Impa (shiek)

Celica (Robin) but this would be instead of Chrom (I don’t think the Chrom evidence is strong. He’s from an old game and Ike lost half his costumes so of course Chrom ain’t one no more) 

And someone for F zero. Maybe a villain. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Nym said:

To all of those who said Celicia should be Robin's echo fighter.

Sorry but I don't see it.

She's too different to Robin, yes she uses a sword and magic but that's about it. That's not even the same type of magic in the first place, she doesn't even use tomes because of Valm's magic.

If someone deserve to be Robin's echo fighter, it's Morgan.

I wasn’t picturing them changing the color scheme to give all of it more flaming feels! And arcfire is actually ragnorak 

1 hour ago, NSSKG151 said:

but I believe Celica has plenty of unique things about her to be different than any other mage knight from FE. And wow I wrote more about this then I thought I was going to but hopefully it all made sense.

I do agree and hope she would get her own moveset if she is implemented. Still, with Ganondorf’s existence- as a Captain Falcon semiclone- it’s still a possibility, thus my mentioning it.

Seraphim has about the same trajectory as thoron, elwind is equivalent to excalibur, and arcfire fire/ragnarok by the way. Nosferatu is also in SoV.

For another character I wouldn’t mind seeing as an Echo, it would be Giegue from Mother 1/Earthbound Beginnings dualing a villain and Mother 1 rep. Personally I’d prefer his moveset to use different moves from Ness and Lucas though if he did get in. He’d probably be Lucas or Mewtwo’s Echo

Edited by Arcphoenix

I think "Robin but with recoil damage instead of a durability mechanic" is worthy of being an echo fighter concept. It's about as dynamic as Lucina's non tipper blade. And her sword would just be an okay sword that never breaks. Celica's feasible, I'm mostly concerned with how Robin looks and moves quite different from her. Robin runs and jumps like he's carrying a ton of equipment around, and Celica is a more slender target with a cape you need to animate. If they wanted to represent SoV, they'd either make Celica a standalone character or do an easy Alm Echo of Roy.

Echoes are great and I'm cool with hundreds of them. FE characters could easily echo the entire Smash roster, so I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they added one or two more. I'm down for anyone, don't care if it's Chrom, Hector, Celica, Reinhardt, Merlinus, it's all good.

I would not be remotely surprised to see Shadow, Funky Kong, or Impa pop up.

Medusa would be interesting, Palutena doesn't seem to be using all of her previous custom moves, so Medusa could take some of those and use them herself. 

Dark Samus is another character I'd like to see, but I'm more hesitant on her since she can be more unique and being an Echo wouldn't showcase that. 

Edited by Medeus

2 hours ago, Arcphoenix said:

I do agree and hope she would get her own moveset if she is implemented. Still, with Ganondorf’s existence- as a Captain Falcon semiclone- it’s still a possibility, thus my mentioning it.

Seraphim has about the same trajectory as thoron, elwind is equivalent to excalibur, and arcfire fire/ragnarok by the way. Nosferatu is also in SoV.

Ganondorf/Captain Falcon is probably the biggest oddity out of the smash clones since every other clone is either an expy (Pikachu/Pichu) or are similar enough in body size/proportion (Fox/Falco). Ganondorf is the way he is because I believe he was literally the last character added to Melee and Sakurai decided to add Ganondorf due to his popularity and Captain Falcon was just the closest in body build to him. I could be wrong but I don't think Celica's body build is similar to Robin's.

But yeah, I guess I could see how Celica's spells could emulate Robin's though I still think Celica should be more unique. Though I do remember Erica Lindbeck's tweet claiming she hasn't done any voicework (unless she is lying under contract) for Smash Ultimate so I believe Celica's chances are low regardless.

2 hours ago, Jedi said:

I just thought of MGS2 Raiden as a possible one if Konami was willing, would be worth for the goofy taunts alone.

poor raiden, he never gets respect, but I guess there is no colonel volgin to give us some funny victory poses (I don't care if major raidenov is a different character, they knew what they were doing).

I personally thought venom snake would be a cool echo for snake, instead of a guided rocket launcher he could just use his rocket punch, and all his equipment could look more 80s, I also think naked snake could just be an alt.

I also would not complain about the Black Knight/Zelgius as an echo fighter of Ike, I know that BK could have his own moveset easily, but I don't care, smash team probably won't want to put in the effort, so I am willing to compromise.

same with the celica/robin debate even if celica could be her own character, I am willing to compromise.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

Octoling for Inkling, Ken for Ryu, Shadow for Sonic and Chrom for Ike are all pretty easy picks and I support them.

For a more unorthodox choice, I definitely think Micaiah as a Zelda Echo could work. They could redo Zelda's fire moves to have them be light-based aesthetically, Rewarp instead of Farore's Wind, the Black Knight instead of the Phantom, and change the Final Smash (probably something like a buffed up Thani Bomb). Not that I'm expecting this to actually happen, but I think the potential is definitely there.

I suppose I'm fine with any echoes that come in now since I got Daisy.

But I definitely still don't want to see Chrom. We already have two Awakening characters, we don't need a third when the FE series has several games that don't even have a rep.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But I definitely still don't want to see Chrom. We already have two Awakening characters, we don't need a third when the FE series has several games that don't even have a rep

I mean...

Out of the 9 Pokemon in Smash (three of them share a slot because Pokemon Trainer), 6 of them are from Gen 1 so having a third Awakening character wouldn't be so different

And besides, you actually are representing a decent amount of FE with the characters we already have. Marth, Robin and Lucina represents the Archanea games. Ike represents the Tellius games. Roy represents the Elibe games. Corrin represents Fates. That's half of the series' games being represented right there.

Edited by Armagon

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean...

Out of the 9 Pokemon in Smash (three of them share a slot because Pokemon Trainer), 6 of them are from Gen 1 so having a third Awakening character wouldn't be so different

And besides, you actually are representing a decent amount of FE with the characters we already have. Marth, Robin and Lucina represents the Archanea games. Ike represents the Tellius games. Roy represents the Elibe games. Corrin represents Fates. That's half of the series' games being represented right there.

Yeah, and three of them were there in Melee where the only generations of Pokemon that existed at the time were the first and second. The other three came in Brawl and at that point, there were only four generations of Pokemon.

FE has more different worlds/games than Pokemon does generations at this point.

Exactly, we already have three characters representing Archanea. And two for Awakening. Awakening is already well-represented. I just prefer a little more variety.

Edited by Anacybele

Lesse here, first of all, ones that I DON'T think would work:

• Rex for Shulk. They have extremely different playstyles, and Rex wouldn't make sense fighting the same way Shulk does. Yes, he can use the Monado courtesy of Shulk in the game's Challenge Mode DLC, but that's a crappy thing to base his whole moveset around when he uses the Aegis Sword for the bulk of the game.
  • Dark Samus for Samus. Don't get me wrong it could work, but it would be a big disrespect to Dark Samus's abilities; she has a crapload of unique attacks that would be an absolute waste not to be part of a unique moveset. I'd accept it if her Neutral-B was a Phazon Scattershot and her Down-B was a barrier of Phazon tendrils, but then she's not much of an Echo Fighter anymore if even Dr. Mario and Pichu are considered too different for that designation.
  • Dixie for Diddy. This is borderline, since from what I understand they changed Diddy to not use his tail for attacks anymore. Either way she'd be better served with her own moveset.

Now, ones that could be neat:

• Octoling for Inkling, though I could just as easily see it being an additional alt color with no gameplay differences. Ridley seems to have eight colors not including Meta Ridley, so it seems like some characters will have unlockable costumes independent from the standard 8 palettes.
  • Funky Kong for Donkey Kong, with his Up-B replaced with a surfboard twirl, and a new Final Smash.
  • Impa for Sheik, as others have mentioned. My secret hope is for her Naginata from Warriors, but if she ever got any Warriors moveset it would be her Giant Blade, alas.
  • Ninten could work as a Ness Echo, but it'd feel like a waste to have three MOTHER characters ALL sharing the same basic set. I'd sooner see the Masked Man with his own unique moveset than another Ness derivative.
  • If Shulk got any Echo, it could probably be a certain spoiler character who has been mentioned already and that WOULD be pretty cool, but I don't see Xenoblade getting a second rep that isn't either Elma or Rex.
Edited by Anomalocaris

On 6/14/2018 at 10:18 PM, Armagon said:

I'm gonna throw something if i see another person say that Rex should be an echo of Shulk. The two fight nothing alike, the Aegis Sword has it's own abilities that separate it from Shulk's Monado and Rex has the whole Blade mechanic thing. You can't make them fight similarly even if you tried. 

Boi you and me both know I don't like Smash.

I feel like with them announcing this as a thing there will be several echoes in the roster. I think Dixie may be added as a Diddy echo with a few changes so she uses her hair where he uses his tail. Funky works as a DK echo quite easily. Impa could work as a Sheik echo (SS design) or an Ike echo (HW design - unlikely). Dark Samus is highly probable. Shadow depends on Sega but given how close they are to Nintendo now I could see it. 

As for FE, I honestly would prefer no echoes since we already have enough FE (semi) clones, but if there is one I hope it's Celica and not Chrom. Chrom doesn't make sense as an Ike echo to me since he taught Lucina to fight and she has Marth's moveset... and do we really want a fourth character with Marth's moveset? I know Smash breaks canon all the time but that plus the fact that he would be Awakening's third rep when we don't even have a second Archanea rep in Tiki or Caeda for example, Lyn has been deconfirmed again, and other fan favourites like Hector are unlikely to be added, would make me incredibly salty. Celica on the other hand can easily take Robin's moveset and apply aesthetic changes to the spells (thunder>Thoron: fire>Ragnarok, Elfire: Aura, Elwind: Seraphim, Nosferatu: same but with light effects) and replace the durability gimmick with a self-damaging gimmick.

For wild card picks I would love the totally impossible Micaiah echo based on Zelda and Isaac from Golden Sun also based on Robin (thunder>Thoron: Gaia>Grand Gaia, Elfire: Ragnarok, Elwind>Retreat, Nosferatu: Sap).

On 6/15/2018 at 12:09 AM, Nym said:

To all of those who said Celicia should be Robin's echo fighter.

Sorry but I don't see it.

She's too different to Robin, yes she uses a sword and magic but that's about it. That's not even the same type of magic in the first place, she doesn't even use tomes because of Valm's magic.

If someone deserve to be Robin's echo fighter, it's Morgan.

Smash doesn't prioritize accurate character representation as much as people seem to think; heck, Celica's deal could be weaker projectiles without durability/having them be a bit more powerful but be stuck damaging herself a la Pichu. They'd just need to move her arm dow a bit in her idle animation so it doesn't look like she should be carrying a tome.

EDIT: Actually, y'know what, let's rig up a poll for this: https://strawpoll.com/4f7b281g
Ike/Chrom, Celica/Robin, Alm/Roy, and Other as options.

Edited by The DanMan

4 hours ago, Book Bro said:

I feel like with them announcing this as a thing there will be several echoes in the roster. I think Dixie may be added as a Diddy echo with a few changes so she uses her hair where he uses his tail. Funky works as a DK echo quite easily. Impa could work as a Sheik echo (SS design) or an Ike echo (HW design - unlikely). Dark Samus is highly probable. Shadow depends on Sega but given how close they are to Nintendo now I could see it. 

As for FE, I honestly would prefer no echoes since we already have enough FE (semi) clones, but if there is one I hope it's Celica and not Chrom. Chrom doesn't make sense as an Ike echo to me since he taught Lucina to fight and she has Marth's moveset... and do we really want a fourth character with Marth's moveset? I know Smash breaks canon all the time but that plus the fact that he would be Awakening's third rep when we don't even have a second Archanea rep in Tiki or Caeda for example, Lyn has been deconfirmed again, and other fan favourites like Hector are unlikely to be added, would make me incredibly salty. Celica on the other hand can easily take Robin's moveset and apply aesthetic changes to the spells (thunder>Thoron: fire>Ragnarok, Elfire: Aura, Elwind: Seraphim, Nosferatu: same but with light effects) and replace the durability gimmick with a self-damaging gimmick.

For wild card picks I would love the totally impossible Micaiah echo based on Zelda and Isaac from Golden Sun also based on Robin (thunder>Thoron: Gaia>Grand Gaia, Elfire: Ragnarok, Elwind>Retreat, Nosferatu: Sap).

I wonder if Sakurai will have in mind create echo-fighter from characters that aren't from the same franchises.

11 hours ago, Troykv said:

I wonder if Sakurai will have in mind create echo-fighter from characters that aren't from the same franchises.

Falcondorf exists, so I'd say there's a definite possibility.

If Alm becomes a Roy clone, where would his sword's sweetspot be? Marth's is at the tip, Roy's is at the base, and Lucina's goes along the whole blade. Dead center I'm thinking?

Edited by Arcphoenix

4 hours ago, Arcphoenix said:

Falcondorf exists, so I'd say there's a definite possibility.

If Alm becomes a Roy clone, where would his sword's sweetspot be? Marth's is at the tip, Roy's is at the base, and Lucina's goes along the whole blade. Dead center I'm thinking?

Dead center could work. And since flames don't really work for Alm, they could be replaced with a teal glow a la Scendscale, and his Neutral B could still be like Flare Blade but with said glow plus the shimmering glints of light like it did while charging it in Melee. But would a full charge do recoil damage? Or could it have a shorter charge that does less damage than Flare Blade but no recoil?

Move name changes:

• Flare Blade --> "Scendscale α" (as an opposite to Ragnarok  Ω, and I'll stress again the actual Scendscale is just perfect for his Final Smash, what with all of them now being quick, sometimes-cinematic finishers)
  • Double-Edge Dance --> "Double Lion" (the end of the up combo already kind of resembles it. Maybe Alm's could be slower like we're used to before Ultimate sped the others up, but stronger, like that one custom move)

My number one hope is the Octoling for the Inkling. While they could just be an alt costume, I'd love to see the little aesthetic changes, like replacing the Splattershot with the Octoshot. Could also have the Agent 8 outfit as an alt costume, along with the Neo Octoling Armour. Final smash could be different too, maybe the Deepsea Metro train chugging along the stage and knocking anybody in its way off.

Skyward Sword or Warriors (heck even OoT could work, basically any Impa that's not an older woman) Impa for Sheik would be lovely. 

And for a really out there choice, BotW Zelda as Pokémon Trainer echo fighter, being able to swap between Champions. Revali for a floaty ranged style, Daruk for a heavy, hard hitting style and Mipha for a light, swift style. 

4 minutes ago, Myu said:

And for a really out there choice, BotW Zelda as Pokémon Trainer echo fighter, being able to swap between Champions. Revali for a floaty ranged style, Daruk for a heavy, hard hitting style and Mipha for a light, swift style. 

That wouldn't be an echo fighter. It would be a similar concept but completely different moves.

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

That wouldn't be an echo fighter. It would be a similar concept but completely different moves.

Ah, yeah. Whoops. Kind of forgot about that. None of them use fire or vines or anything...

On the topic of Pokémon, any Dragon Type as a Ridley echo would be really cool.

I wonder if the Black Knight has any mild shot of being the Ike echo now that I've thought about it more. Same sword teacher etc.