Who do you want to see as Echo characters?

Jedi

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For characters confirmed so far:

• Hilda or Princess Midna for Zelda
  • Impa for Sheik
  • Demise for Ganondorf
  • Saria for Young Link

If these following characters were by chance to make it in, I would also want to see them get Echoes:

• Daruk/Darunia
  • Mipha/Ruto
  • Urbosa/Nabooru

Zack Fair as a Cloud Echo would be a dream come true, but judging how Square has been...it seems like a pipe dream.

I would love to see Celica as a Robin Echo, but then I'd have to hide from the backlash "Fire Emblem has too many charactersss" ugh it's awful.

Idk if this has been mentioned, but I saw a leak that's looking rather plausible atm, and it has Gardevoir as a new Pokemon rep. That's great, not my preferred choice for a gen 3 rep, but I've always liked Gardevoir. But then it says that Gothitelle would be an Echo. I really don't want it to be true. I don't want Gothitelle anywhere near me. I really don't like its design...

11 hours ago, Lau said:

I would love to see Celica as a Robin Echo, but then I'd have to hide from the backlash "Fire Emblem has too many charactersss" ugh it's awful.

I'll never get over the hatred on Fire Emblem while ignoring the amount of Mario & Pokemon characters.

8 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I'll never get over the hatred on Fire Emblem while ignoring the amount of Mario & Pokemon characters.

I think the main draw is that the Mario and Pokémon series are the top two most popular (and profitable) franchises of Nintendo, so it sort of “deserves” them and most give them a pass. Meanwhile, while Fire Emblem has come a long way in recent years, it doesn’t quite have the same standing power of the former two franchises. Thus some might find the abundance of characters jarring in comparison. There are some people who still call Fire Emblem a “niche” series, which makes me want to throw my computer every time I hear that cringey complaint. Like seriously... this isn’t the Brawl era anymore lol. Oh, there’s also the equally groan-worthy whining of too many “anime” characters. End me.

I’m actually impartial to the whole debate because I love all three franchises.

10 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I think the main draw is that the Mario and Pokémon series are the top two most popular (and profitable) franchises of Nintendo, so it sort of “deserves” them and most give them a pass. Meanwhile, while Fire Emblem has come a long way in recent years, it doesn’t quite have the same standing power of the former two franchises. Thus some might find the abundance of characters jarring in comparison. There are some people who still call Fire Emblem a “niche” series, which makes me want to throw my computer every time I hear that cringey complaint. Like seriously... this isn’t the Brawl era anymore lol. Oh, there’s also the equally groan-worthy whining of too many “anime” characters. End me.

I’m actually impartial to the whole debate because I love all three franchises.

More or less my sentiment

I'm not against anyone's inclusion, but don't tell me that someone deserves to get in more than the other. Everyone's fair game as far I'm concern

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

More or less my sentiment

I'm not against anyone's inclusion, but don't tell me that someone deserves to get in more than the other. Everyone's fair game as far I'm concern

That's exactly how I feel. I may not care about some franchises (Mario, Metroid, DK, etc), but I'm always happy for the fans that wanted a particular character.

But god forbid someone bangs on about slots, relevancy and how 'interesting' characters have to be to get into Smash.