The problem with Laguz and Beast units...

Ronman5

14 hours ago, Usana said:

Anyways even baring that I tend to prefer the Strike option simply because we are looking at a smallish pool and it would be easier to get a variety of weapon options if the pool was shared. And to me Strike doesn't sound any worse than Breath. Though again I like variety and it is easier to have a large number of options from a shared pool than individual pools, particularly when unit count for each individual pool would be low'ish.

Agreed. Even if we were to look at the grand total of dragon laguz and bird laguz, we only come out to about 6 of each. Not all of these characters would be released simultaneously and several of them would likely have signature weapons, so inheritable weapons would be an incredibly shallow pool.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/17/2018 at 1:55 PM, NekoKnight said:

Agreed. Even if we were to look at the grand total of dragon laguz and bird laguz, we only come out to about 6 of each. Not all of these characters would be released simultaneously and several of them would likely have signature weapons, so inheritable weapons would be an incredibly shallow pool.

I'm really hoping when Laguz/Beast units launch they introduce some of the unpopular ones (Lyre, Janaff, Chambray, Kyza, Ulki) in the 3-4★ pool.

So many of them are going to be locked behind 5★, the royals undoubtedly will:

• Tibarn
  • Naesala
  • Caineghs
  • Kurthnaga
  • Nailah 

And the popular ones...

• Selkie
  • Velouria
  • Keaton 
  • Ranulf 
  • Lethe
  • Reyson
  • Leanne

Wouldn't even be surprised if they lock Vika or Lyre behind 5★ status considering the unknown factor "waifu potential". At least, if Karla and Lene have showed us anything it's a possibility.  

3 hours ago, SlipperySlippy said:

I'm really hoping when Laguz/Beast units launch they introduce some of the unpopular ones (Lyre, Janaff, Chambray, Kyza, Ulki) in the 3-4★ pool.

So many of them are going to be locked behind 5★, the royals undoubtedly will:

• Tibarn
  • Naesala
  • Caineghs
  • Kurthnaga
  • Nailah 

And the popular ones...

• Selkie
  • Velouria
  • Keaton 
  • Ranulf 
  • Lethe
  • Reyson
  • Leanne

Wouldn't even be surprised if they lock Vika or Lyre behind 5★ status considering the unknown factor "waifu potential". At least, if Karla and Lene have showed us anything it's a possibility.  

Well, considering how most banners are 3 characters where only one character demotes, it's more likely than not they will stay 5* locked whether they are popular or not.

Edited by NekoKnight

Given they just recently broke bow colors into 3 and will probably do the same with daggers and healers some day, I find it hard to believe in the whole "Colorless Melee".  I've also heard that they will be grouped in terms of their clan so hawk/crow laguz will be green for example.  Issue with that is, all the flying units would be the same color.

So I'm pretty sure they'll just be random colors with their given move type.  Maybe beast units will have 3 movement or dragons 1.

I don't see a problem with adding laguz.  In the OP you mentioned there are only 30-40 laguz.  Um, that's a lot.  You do realize we only have a small fraction of that as manaketes.

As for them having to add a new system, I mean, that would be really wise because IS would have something new to sell - they'd make a fortune.

59 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Maybe beast units will have 3 movement

I just thought of this again just now, but assuming that they use the same system as the current dragons (where the unit transforms at the beginning of combat and reverts after combat), having beasts be able to move 3 squares in their human form is kind of weird.

34 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I just thought of this again just now, but assuming that they use the same system as the current dragons (where the unit transforms at the beginning of combat and reverts after combat), having beasts be able to move 3 squares in their human form is kind of weird.

Maybe one way to get around all of this would be just to have beast units stay transformed.

That'd be odd, though. I'd prefer the manakete style transformations we have, so probably not a way to do it.

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

9 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Maybe one way to get around all of this would be just to have beast units stay transformed.

That'd be odd, though. I'd prefer the manakete style transformations we have, so probably not a way to do it.

Maybe their sprite can transform when you touch them on the map, and once you move them or the turn ends, they transform back into their human form.

Literally all they have to do is come up with a "breath" equivalent like claws or fangs and fit it into the Weapon Triangle (or make them Neutral). I really want to see Taguel, Kitsune, and Wolfskin make an appearance~

7 hours ago, XRay said:

Maybe their sprite can transform when you touch them on the map, and once you move them or the turn ends, they transform back into their human form.

I feel like that would be really cute. I want this to happen now >.<

• 2 years later...