Trailer Song Lyrics

Anyone able to make out all the lyrics in the trailer? It starts out easy, but then once the characters start talking about it and music gets quieter I have a harder time making it out.

Here's a link to youtube to right before the singing starts  to trailer start since the embed seems to disable that functionality.

And here's what I came up with:

"Reach for my hand, I'll soar away, into the dawn, though I wish I could stay, here and cherish all these peaceful days, I fear the end of dawn, born as my weakness." 

Everything after "I wish I could stay" I'm very uncertain about, and especially the last part. I also saw a lyrics video on youtube that interpreted the words rather differently. Anyone here got any ideas, and/or have the lyrics been officially revealed anywhere?

Edited by Mad_Scientist

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 'all these' part is the only part I'm uncertain about, everything else sounds to me the same as you wrote. I don't know what else would make sense there that sounds close enough so 'all these' is probably correct.

Everything after 'days' sounds pretty clear except the word 'weakness,' which fades at the end making it hard to be absolutely certain if that's the word.

What's this other video you saw?

5 minutes ago, Florete said:

What's this other video you saw?

Here, though I'm pretty confident she's wrong about a lot of these, plus the lyrics don't seem to really make sense as she has them figured. But this was the only thing that came up so far when trying to search for the lyrics.

Edited by Mad_Scientist

"all these" kind of sounds like "all the", though I suppose they may not be overly relevant, I would say "all these" makes the most sense given the context, the song appears to be about a departure, perhaps following someone else at the cost of leaving a loved one behind, I could see it in the context of war, leaving loved ones in the name of a greater good, if you use "all the" in an interpretation it could be in reference to a hellish war where a full day of quiet is a rare thing, then there is the "all these" which could be interpreted as anticipation of the day when you must leave, perhaps a departure after dawn and fearing that you won't make it back.

sorry if this is a jumbled mess, but that is how I see it interpretation wise.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

1 hour ago, Mad_Scientist said:

Here, though I'm pretty confident she's wrong about a lot of these, plus the lyrics don't seem to really make sense as she has them figured. But this was the only thing that came up so far when trying to search for the lyrics.

The reason I wanted to see this is that sometimes we can have a tendency to hear what we expect, so I might have been hearing the same as you because I had just read it and was expecting it. But now that I see this interpretation, 'end' really does sound like 'edge' as in her video. The rest of it sounds the same though, so I think the line is 'I fear the edge of dawn.'

I think she's definitely wrong about 'your cherished heart,' though. My first time hearing it I even thought I heard 'heart,' but I'm pretty sure I can hear an 'L' sound in there, and I don't hear 'your,' not even slurred in some way.

The last word does still sound more like 'weakness' than 'leader' to me but it's hard to tell.

Hmm, might be edge after all, like you said it's hard to tell. And yeah the last line I think is the one I wondered the most over. Well that and the "these peaceful days" but like you I can't think of what else would fit, while "edge of dawn" would also kinda fit the lyrics.

32 minutes ago, Mad_Scientist said:

Hmm, might be edge after all, like you said it's hard to tell. And yeah the last line I think is the one I wondered the most over. Well that and the "these peaceful days" but like you I can't think of what else would fit, while "edge of dawn" would also kinda fit the lyrics.

ooh if it's edge, that completely changes the context, with edge implying the beginning rather than the end.

I've been listening to it on repeat and this is what I hear(BTW i totally just made an account to see if I can figure this out with the community)

Reach for my hand, I'll soar away

Into the dawn though I wish I could stay

Hear and cherish all, in peaceful days

I fear the edge of Dawn

born as my ---

I have no idea what it says after that. It sounds like two words. Maybe because I listen to the song and see my interpretation at the same time that I feel a bit confident to sing with these lyrics but the last part is what is really messing with me. I have no idea what they could be. I heard "disgrace" "lee way" I heard some word with a "Z" in it that didn't even sound like an actual word. Yeah i'm at a lost with the end. 

Honestly I thought it said "end of dawn" but if you listen closely, there is an extra sound to the end of the word and I'm pretty sure she said "edge"

I listen to it on .5 speed several times and this is what I came up with:

Reach for my hand

I’ll soar away

Into the dawn

Though I wish I could stay

Here in cherished halls

In peaceful days

I fear the edge of dawn

Born as my wings decay

Still pretty iffy about the “decay” part, but it’s the closet thing I could make out that made sense.

EDIT: On second thought, the last line kind of sounds like “Born as my liege ablaze”, but I’m not sure what to think of that...

Edited by Ambur Price

On 6/15/2018 at 11:07 PM, Mad_Scientist said:

"Reach for my hand, I'll soar away, into the dawn, though I wish I could stay, here and cherish all these peaceful days, I fear the end of dawn, born as my weakness." 

i hear:

Reach for my hand,

I'll soar away,

into the dawn,

though I wish I could stay,

here in cherished halls, 

live peaceful days,

I fear the edge of dawn,

born as my ---

the whole song reminds me of Norse mythology. It reminds me of the heroes when they died in battle. It was said that when they died they were carried off of the battlefield by glorious battle maidens called Valkyries (that covers the first three lines.) The heroes are then taken to Valhalla which was a sacred place for the great heroes of the Norse people. Valhalla was an enormous hall in Asgard which covers the here in cherished halls line. There the men who had died in battle would drink and have fun until they were called upon for fighting (that about covers "live peaceful days".) "I fear the edge of dawn" is, when following this train of thought, refers to Ragnarok. In case you don't know Norse mythology very well, Ragnarok is essentially  a very large battle between good and evil in which almost every god dies and only a few are left alive. Also, if this is in fact following Norse mythology after all, then I think that the goddess shown in the trailer is likely Freyja as that would make to most sense given the first 20-30 seconds of the trailer which are used to describe her. mainly as "the mother of all life. Freyja is the goddess of fertility. And the trailer also mentioned that she was "the arbiter of every soul." Although this isn't exactly what people think of Freyja, she actually has a great interest in human warriors. She reigns over the land of Folkvangr where the valiant men who died in battle also reside. It is said that the most brave and heroic warriors who died in battle would be split between Valhalla and Folkvangr. Unlike Valhalla however, Folkvangr is a field where the dead warriors gather and spend their time before Ragnarok.

I'm not sure about the last word because none of what I have heard from people so far has made sense to me in the context of the song

On 6/19/2018 at 2:40 AM, Ambur Price said:

Though I wish I could stay

Here in cherished halls

6 hours ago, lbmatx said:

though I wish I could stay,

here in cherished halls, 

Ooh interesting, having listened to it again now it does sound more like "here in cherished halls" rather than "here and cherish all".

After listening to it a bunch of times at 0.75x speed, this is what I'm most consistently hearing:

"Reach for my hand,

I'll soar away

Into the dawn,

Oh, I wish I could stay

Here in cherished halls,

In peaceful days.

I fear the end of dawn born of my weakness"

For a while I thought it was either though I wish or no I wish, but I'm pretty sure it's just that the end of the word dawn is mixing into the oh.

The more I listen to it, the more it seems like she's saying "born of" not "born as", because I definitely hear more of a v sound at the end of that word than a z sound. When you don't focus on it, it sounds like as because that's how the word starts and the ending is harder to hear, but if you just listen to that word is sounds more like of (which also makes more sense in context of that line, born of my weakness makes more sense than born as my weakness)

Edited by illyth
I relistened to it at .50x and realized the only reason I thought she was saying witness was because it made more sense if the word before it was as, but I'm pretty sure it's of

After listening to this a billion times on .5 speed, I’m only pretty sure about a couple of things about the last line:

1. It definitely rhymes (or at least near rhymes) with days. Not only because that’s what it sounds like, but also because it would make sense with the rhyme scheme the songs has.

2. After “Born as my...” it is three syllables. I thought I was imagining it at first, but I can’t even make it out to be two syllables. (I also still her as, but whatever)

Edited by Ambur Price

I've been listening at different slowed down speeds, and also tried to use vocal removal and vocal reduction in Audacity to get rid of the backing track. The voiceover and sound effects were still present though. What I ended up with was basically this:

Reach for my hand
I soar away
Into the dawn
Oh, I wish I could stay
Herein cherished halls
In peaceful days
I fear the edge of dawn
Born as mine each day

It was actually pretty different from what I heard on my first listen. I thought it was something like this first:

Reach for my hand
I soar away
Into the dawn
Oh, I wish I could stay
Herein cherish all
New peaceful days
I fear the end of dawn
Born as I'm here today

I'm really unsure about the last line. I somehow doubt that they would try rhyming on the same word (day/days or day/today), and it could also be "born as my". I just seem to hear either an m or n sound right after "my", but it could also be the start of the next word. Or just something else entirely. It was quite difficult to try making out the last few lines, and at some points it felt like I just heard whatever I wanted to hear/thought it was. It definitely sounds like "end of dawn" to me in the trailer at normal speed, but when slowed down I can hear what I think is the dg sound in edge. Both words would make sense so..

• 4 months later...

I've listened to it as well, and here's what I came up with.

Reach for my hand, I'll soar away,

Into the dawn, oh I wish I could stay.

Here in cherished halls, in peaceful days

I fear the edge of dawn born as my leige waits.

I noticed that a lot of people had "though" after the phrase "Here in cherished halls". I listened to that a few times, and I don't hear any beginning consonants.That last line is tricky to hear, though! I slowed it down more than I care to admit, and showed it to my other Fire Emblem obsessed friends. This is what we came up with together. If anyone has the official lyrics, please let me know!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KREW123

Reach for my hand

I’ll soar away

into the dawn

though I wish I could stay

Hear/Here (in) cherished halls 

these peaceful days

I fear the end/edge of dawn

born as my decay.

That’s all I could makeup from what I heard 

• 3 months later...

Is there already official lyric comes out yet?

If not, here for what i hear :

Reach for my hand, I'll soar away

Into the dawn, though i wish i could stay

Here in cherish halls, in peaceful day

I fear the end of dawn, born as my witness

What i hear is "Witness" in "Born as my witness".

The English lyrics are kinda similar to the Japanese ones in the recent sample they showed us:

Reach for the dawn, until I can soar.
In my comfort, I trust yet tremble.
Light passing through stained glass; silver candle-lights shimmering.
The lined up smiles are dazzling, bound to their own whereabouts.
I was burned by the mark of power; my true face hidden behind a mask.
Like a nameless small flower, I always wanted to gaze at your side.

From what I can tell it seems to be about the Goddess or perhaps Sothis(if they're not the same that is).

Funnily enough, the other music sample is named " Fódlan’s Dawning Wind", so it's likely related to Byleth in some way since they seem to be the wind representation from the Japanese title of the game.

Edited by Sushi_Cat