I know we're all excited about our lady axe lord, but...

Just catching up with this, and definitely enjoyed the read. Dunal's points are excellent. I go back and forth on how much I like the Con system (beyond that it's certainly superior to using Str as Con) but you do a good job of defending its merits well.

Seeing someone try to attack the Con system as "unfair" by using Florina, one of the most powerful units in FE7, cracks me up. Florina is actually one of the best arguments for the system working as intended. She's really good despite this "unfair" stat (Bartre having 3 base speed is way more "unfair" btw), and the Con stat gives her a very real use for all of Slim, Iron, Steel, and Javelins out of the gate which is great. (Compare Oswin or Heath who aren't likely to touch Slim.).

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Just catching up with this, and definitely enjoyed the read. Dunal's points are excellent. I go back and forth on how much I like the Con system (beyond that it's certainly superior to using Str as Con) but you do a good job of defending its merits well.

Seeing someone try to attack the Con system as "unfair" by using Florina, one of the most powerful units in FE7, cracks me up. Florina is actually one of the best arguments for the system working as intended. She's really good despite this "unfair" stat (Bartre having 3 base speed is way more "unfair" btw), and the Con stat gives her a very real use for all of Slim, Iron, Steel, and Javelins out of the gate which is great. (Compare Oswin or Heath who aren't likely to touch Slim.).

Yeah, well, what about Isadora, huh? She's screwed over by her low con, as if her being worse than the men stat wise wasn't bad enough. And I think the fact that we have weapons that have weights that are at least twice the con ratings of certain characters is nothing short of godawful game design. 

Isadora is awesome, her speed goes through the charts if she levels. She is one of the few characters who won't get doubled by the speedier mini bosses at end game (like the swordmaster, assassin and nomad trooper). Making her invaluable to me, Silver weapons don't weigh her down as much as they're lighter than Steel (something I always find amusing). By the time she is recruited you should have a body ring or two in the convoy giving her one of these is certainly an option. Though even without doing so she will get enough speed to double regardless of what she's using, chances are she will cap speed (again provided she is allowed to level up).

5 minutes ago, SavageVolug said:

Isadora is awesome, her speed goes through the charts if she levels. She is one of the few characters who won't get doubled by the speedier mini bosses at end game (like the swordmaster, assassin and nomad trooper). Making her invaluable to me, Silver weapons don't weigh her down as much as they're lighter than Steel (something I always find amusing). By the time she is recruited you should have a body ring or two in the convoy giving her one of these is certainly an option. Though even without doing so she will get enough speed to double regardless of what she's using, chances are she will cap speed (again provided she is allowed to level up).

Except for the part where her lousy 6 con limits what she is capable of using - and her speed cap doesn’t do jack nor shit to make up for this. Also, FYI, there are only two body rings, and one of those is easy to miss, with the other being a lategame acquisition. And second, she can’t afford being weighed down if she’s to avoid doubling from Morph Lloyd or Morph Uhai.

Edited by Shadow Mir

. . .alright.

This is the Three Houses subforum.  Not General FE.

This inane argument has gone on long enough.