• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, XnadrojX said:

Oh my god u suck
##Vote Fenrir

:P

Bit of a lazy entrance imo. There's tons of game-relevant stuff to talk about.

Like for example, why hasn't SB posted a shitpost? Is it to shield his mentee Bartozio from an untimely RVS death? Is this alignment indicative?

A wealth of topics is available and yet you go for a pun incorporating the game's terminology.

Oh, also I can't help but scumread people who use emoticons. It's an ailment quite common in my family.

1 minute ago, athena_57 said:

Bit of a lazy entrance imo. There's tons of game-relevant stuff to talk about.

Like for example, why hasn't SB posted a shitpost? Is it to shield his mentee Bartozio from an untimely RVS death? Is this alignment indicative?

A wealth of topics is available and yet you go for a pun incorporating the game's terminology.

Oh, also I can't help but scumread people who use emoticons. It's an ailment quite common in my family.

I mean this would be game-relevant stuff, but I don't think "tons" is an accurate amount of the game-relevant stuff before my post if you ask me.

Maybe SB just hasn't gotten on yet?

Maybe there is a wealth of topics, but I don't see any. Could you bring some up for me?

2 minutes ago, XnadrojX said:

I mean this would be game-relevant stuff, but I don't think "tons" is an accurate amount of the game-relevant stuff before my post if you ask me.

Maybe SB just hasn't gotten on yet?

Maybe there is a wealth of topics, but I don't see any. Could you bring some up for me?

I'll gladly bring up topics.

Bartozio and I have been opposing alignments in all 3 games I've played in. Does this mean we have a higher or lower than random chance to roll opposing alignments?

Perhaps this happening 3 times indicates it isn't random, but rather a law of nature and thus it will happen again.

Or perhaps 4 is a large enough number we can reasonably expect the law of large numbers to kick in.

In other words, what is the correct incorrect way of applying probability theory? 

Don't say "Just random...", cause that's a cop out.

14 minutes ago, athena_57 said:

I'll gladly bring up topics.

Bartozio and I have been opposing alignments in all 3 games I've played in. Does this mean we have a higher or lower than random chance to roll opposing alignments?

Perhaps this happening 3 times indicates it isn't random, but rather a law of nature and thus it will happen again.

Or perhaps 4 is a large enough number we can reasonably expect the law of large numbers to kick in.

In other words, what is the correct incorrect way of applying probability theory? 

Don't say "Just random...", cause that's a cop out.

Stating a fact isn't a cop out though. 

Saying you have a higher than random chance to roll opposing alignments because you were rolling opposing alignments before is a logical fallacy.

Saying you have a lower than random chance to roll opposing alignments because you were rolling opposing alignments before is also logical fallacy.

The laws of probability says that each individual roll is independent of one another, what are you trying to pull here?

Also, you mentioned "a wealth of topics", this is just one topic and is pretty irrelevant to the game state on top of that.

4 minutes ago, XnadrojX said:

Stating a fact isn't a cop out though. 

Saying you have a higher than random chance to roll opposing alignments because you were rolling opposing alignments before is a logical fallacy.

Saying you have a lower than random chance to roll opposing alignments because you were rolling opposing alignments before is also logical fallacy.

The laws of probability says that each individual roll is independent of one another, what are you trying to pull here?

Also, you mentioned "a wealth of topics", this is just one topic and is pretty irrelevant to the game state on top of that.

I was joking.

In any case, you've earned yourself a townread. Good job.

This Votals Is My Shitpost
(1) XnadrojX: Fenrir Aesir
(2) Makaze: Rapier, Zeonth
(2) Fenrir Aesir: Junk, XnadrojX
(1) Bartozio: Mackc2
(2) Fable: Makaze, RADicate

(1) RADicate: SatsumaFSoySoy
(1) Junk: athena_57

(3) Not VotingBartozio, EvanManManMan, Fable

With 13 alive, it takes 9 to hammer.

You have ~2 days and 15 hours until deadline at 6/20, 7 pm EDT

Edited by Conqueror

4 minutes ago, athena_57 said:

Hm, I bring up the possible alignment indicativeness of shitposting mentors and quite soon afterwards Conq pops in. :thinking:

If they were alignment indicitive; which way do you think a shitposting mentor would make a player lean? Scummy? Townie?

Or would that depend on the mentor?

Or maybe depend on the player? 

4 minutes ago, RADicate said:

If they were alignment indicitive; which way do you think a shitposting mentor would make a player lean? Scummy? Townie?

Or would that depend on the mentor?

Or maybe depend on the player? 

I think it's largely NAI, but in some cases (mentor-dependent) I'd raise my eyebrow if the mentor didn't shitpost.

20 minutes ago, athena_57 said:

##Vote: Mackc2

For dropping in to make a not particularly productive comment, then leaving. Feels like he felt obliged to post, but didn't want to do anything.

You are exactly right, I want the conversation to get started so I can make meaningful comments cause currently I don't see anything that I can analyse seriously 

2 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

You are exactly right, I want the conversation to get started so I can make meaningful comments cause currently I don't see anything that I can analyse seriously 

If you want the conversation to start, isn't it more useful to post a question, rather than a statement?

Also, could you answer my above question wrt entrances?

6 minutes ago, athena_57 said:

If you want the conversation to start, isn't it more useful to post a question, rather than a statement?

Also, could you answer my above question wrt entrances?

I believe an entrance would be non alignment indicative because it's forced regardless of alignment but I can give it a look 

3 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

@athena_57 Wait, why is it only weird SB hasn't shitposted yet? Why are you not expecting me to shitpost? What the hell man?

Also, what made you think XsonajX's reaction to you was towny?

He seemed to be getting actually annoyed and didn't bother hiding it. I'd expect newer scumplayers want to hide their emotions. Do you agree/disagree?

3 minutes ago, athena_57 said:

He seemed to be getting actually annoyed and didn't bother hiding it. I'd expect newer scumplayers want to hide their emotions. Do you agree/disagree?

Disagree, I feel like being annoyed at someone trying to start an interaction with you is more likely to come from scum tbh. It felt to me like he was only reacting to you out of neccesity and broke it off as soon as possible, which is weird when you're at a point in the game where every bit of interaction you can get out of people is welcome information.

Vote: XnadrojX

You suddenly dropping a townread on him also felt weird to me, but your reasoning is good enough that I don't suspect you for it anymore (sheep me though).

3 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Disagree, I feel like being annoyed at someone trying to start an interaction with you is more likely to come from scum tbh. It felt to me like he was only reacting to you out of neccesity and broke it off as soon as possible, which is weird when you're at a point in the game where every bit of interaction you can get out of people is welcome information.

Vote: XnadrojX

You suddenly dropping a townread on him also felt weird to me, but your reasoning is good enough that I don't suspect you for it anymore (sheep me though).

Okay

##Vote: XnadrojX