Training Mafia 3.0: Advanced - GAMEOVER

Iris

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Fable said:

I really hope you have something better than "I think we should lynch literally the only person that's tried to lynch a wolf all game that we know of". 

Didnt xnad stick a vote to evan pretty early d2 and say he wasnt getting off? I dont think this is a fair assessment. 

15 minutes ago, RADicate said:

That being said i really dont think scum!junk here advertises that theory at the begining of the day unless they were aware i was an investigative. Which could only happen if they suspected something from the overly dramatic athena TR. @Fable @XnadrojX(where are you) did either of you two have suspicions that i had inspected athena beforehand?

VERY IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR MACK: Also dont forget to claim your block tonight @Mackc2; follow your claimed block IF WE LYNCH SCUM. Because that scum that gets left over absolutely has to try to kill me; otherwise i get free inspects. Meaning whoever you block will be cleared if i wind up dying that night. 

IF WE DO NOT LYNCH SCUM: You may either opt to follow your claimed block; or not follow it. It matters not which path you take so long as you claim it the next day should the game not be over. The reason you may choose freely who you block and do not have to follow your block (although you can if you do so desire) is because in the event of a town lynch it is 3v2 and you need to block scum. If scum know 100% who you are blocking it can be worked around. So thus you do you with the block; whether you follow your claimed block or not.

This is very important and needs to be understood as it could clear another player mechanically depending on the situation. This is mechanically optimal play afaict.

MACK IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS please speak them. 

No? 

Haven't really been thinking about PRs past the extra kill we had. 

Just now, RADicate said:

Didnt xnad stick a vote to evan pretty early d2 and say he wasnt getting off? I dont think this is a fair assessment. 

Everyone that wasn't me didn't vote evan until later in the day iirc. 

38 minutes ago, RADicate said:

I was mulling over this idea a bit earlier; decided it was suboptimal. 

The last sentence pings me to no end. Like its actually really bad.

"I hope he doesnt pick me because im town" That modifier should be implied coming from any townie and posting it shows a level of hyperawareness more likely to come from scum. Thoughts on this? Am i reading to deep here? (directed at everyone with that q; including junko)

It did ping me as WIFOM-y yeah.  

On 6/23/2018 at 1:33 AM, XnadrojX said:

Okay the game has gotten.. a lot more complicated than I expected on my first skimthrough.

I doubt Zeonth is scum here honestly, their post feels fine, their responses are pretty okay. Fable has already posted their thoughts which are interestingly similar to mine, which is just anothe reason to TR them ig. I TR Makaze but I have to disagree with their statement where they said Bart/Evan cannot be W/W, their argument is that scum doesn't TR a buddy getting lynched, but following the gamestate they weren't really in much trouble (2 votes isn't a lot tbh) and could easily be shifted off. In fact, I can completely see a Bart/Evan scumteam working out, with Evan saving Bart through their influence. I have no idea what's up with the Zeo wagon, just came suddenly out of nowhere and it makes no sense at all.

##Vote @EvanManManMan

I think this lynch clears up the most slots (For me at least). The interactions between this slot and Zeonth, Makaze, Fable and that other user (sorry can't remember who it was on read through) are much more telling if this guy's alignment is known. And I'm fairly sure this is scum anyways, for reasons similar to my lynch on Bartozio's.

This vote feels villagery, like if it's w/w it's a of excuses being made just to bus. 

On 6/23/2018 at 4:22 AM, Zeonth said:

Alright, I am going to post the rest of my reads, but I doubt any cases will be as strong as the one against Evan, atm. I hope to be awake before DL hits tomorrow to see how Bart replies to my questions for him. As for my lynch, I am going to go ahead and place it on Evan for 2 reasons:

1- To show how serious my scumread on him is and that I wish to clarify my reads on Fable and Makaze by pinning down Evan’s alignment.

2- Slight self-preservation.

##Vote @EvanManManMan

This feels less convincing, self- press I get and is NAI but other reason feels "I'm wolf reading Evan guys and I'm super cereal about it!" which is tonally awkward to me.  

2 minutes ago, Fable said:

This vote feels villagery, like if it's w/w it's a of excuses being made just to bus. 

Inclined that an evan vote there couldve been done considerably easier from a scum POV if they wanted to bus. If we are going off the notion that this is a townie slot; that means zeonth has to be scum fypov (with junko); is this enough to move Xnad>Zeo in your personal priority list?

1 minute ago, Fable said:

This feels less convincing, self- press I get and is NAI but other reason feels "I'm wolf reading Evan guys and I'm super cereal about it!" which is tonally awkward to me.  

Eh; zeo naturally types a bit tonally awkward if you have ever had convos with him over discord. Not gonna read too much into that personally

3 minutes ago, RADicate said:

Inclined that an evan vote there couldve been done considerably easier from a scum POV if they wanted to bus. If we are going off the notion that this is a townie slot; that means zeonth has to be scum fypov (with junko); is this enough to move Xnad>Zeo in your personal priority list?

I'm still analyzing but not inclined to vote bomb moss really atp. 

It was stream of thought pretty much. Can't really defend it, it was just a thought that came to my head so I put it down 

In response to Mack's point about Evan, I think evan's last post was before the wagon on him started and at the time zeoneth had just three votes and I think only fable was voting him. I think athena and fenrir moved onto evan as well who were a big component of the zeoneth wagon. The point about seeing evan as a viable counterwagon is interesting but town could have definitely done it too as town knows they're town for sure and it's not like that's the only reason zeon voted evan. This is what's frustrating me so far, it feels like all the points could come from either town or scum and while i'm trying to look for stuff that is more likely to come from scum i can't find anything.

Junk is hard to analyze for me cuz he hasn't interacted much, he didn't get involved in the evan wagon nor the Zeo stuff.

Like he doesn't want to actually get involved with the thread which like could be a style thing but it does bother me. 

Okay I think Zeonth is the best vote for today. To start with for reasons I have already explained Rad is town. I also think Junk is town based on tone as I explained earlier his play style doesn't match scum Junk and he doesn't have a mentor so we can't chalk it down to that. That leaves Xan, Fable and Zeo, I don't see a Xan fable scumteam because Fable was just sitting on Evans lynch and I don't think they actually expected it to go anywhere if that is the case then Xan is not only screwing over Evan with that vote swap but also fable and I don't see someone actively screwing over both their scumbuddies. Which leaves scumteam of Zeo/Fable which I personally find more likely or Zeo/Xna as the only scumteam option, so among my options Zeo ends up as locked scum. 
##Vote: @Zeonth

1 hour ago, Mackc2 said:

@Zeonth Who is scumteam and it should go without saying but why?

At the moment, I am mulling over the possibility of a Junk + Fable/Xand. Junk, I need to look over his posts more thoroughly first, but he's basically just the thought based on flips. I highly expected Bart/Athena as top two scum with you as another high ranking one, Mack. With the former both being town, you are the obvious choice for me to go after and lynch today. Meaning, it's likely not correct, or at least not optimal this night. If you are scum (I will still consider the GF possibility) then I can see you with Junk. 

As for Fable/Xand, Fable is still suspect based on previous reasoning with Evan/Maka. The possibility of an Evan buss is still a thing, even if Maka was town, and Fable's not been completely cleared from it imo, just he became less scummy until the last two flips. 

Xand is suspect atm as his content has dropped a lot and I can't keep a townread on someone from two days ago after the situation has changed this much. 

Okay claims are to be had, I'm a Vanilla Townie.

Why is everyone just gobbling up RAD's claim? The only questioning of it I see is Zeonth's which was dropped right after RAD gave some weak reply to it. Like, here's the logic:

It's pretty much a 4v2 rn, a townie just needs to be lynched for scum to win, assuming Mackc2's claim is fake or he misses the scum. Cop is one of the easiest PR to fake, since you know everyone's alignments anyways. On top of that, his inspect is for 2 other people who are already dead, making the MyLo PoE pool for scum even wider. Even if Mackc2 is Town, RAD inspecting him as such just makes him more likely to believe RAD. As scum, claiming Cop here just puts you in a good spot, as the consequences of not dying at night and thus being suspect is missing as it's basically the last day, and if he doesn't get lynched he isn't getting RBed/JKed or whatever potential role that could stop kills would be. 

It even fits in setup-wise. The current revealed roles are 1 Mafia Tracker,1 1-Shot Vigilante, and a bunch of VTs.

Having both another Cop and Roleblocker in the Town's possession seems a little powerful, even with the Mafia Tracker imo, especially since the game MyLos on Day 4 and you need a  night to identify someone through tracking and then kill them the next night. 

That leaves 3 Mafia, 1 being a Tracker, a 1-Shot Vigilante, a Roleblocker, and then VTs. 1-Shot Vig + RB against Mafia Tracker in a game that starts as 3v10 seems pretty balanced to me, but 1-Shot Vig + RB + Cop vs Mafia Tracker seems a bit difficult. Of course, scum could have another PR, like a Godfather to protect them from the Cop, but then Godfather + Tracker vs 1-Shot Vig + RB + Cop still gives town 2 very powerful PRs in the Cop and RB, and swing potential in the 1-Shot Vig, while all scum gets is one member being covered from the Cop. For reference, most 3v10 setups I see played on MS give town either a single strong PR in something like a Cop/JK/RB, and maybe alongside a weaker PR, while giving scum something like a Rolecop or (like here) Tracker. Cop, RB and 1-Shot Vigs are all pretty powerful PRs in their own right, and the only revealed scum being a Tracker so far honestly makes RAD's claim make the game look unbalanced to Town's side.

Cop being very easy to fakeclaim, all of their inspects being town and 2 of them being dead, being MyLo and even the setup spec all work against RAD's claim, making me find it hard to believe it. And it even isn't possible for RAD/Mackc2 to be V/W because Cop!RAD doesn't inspect Scum!Mackc2 as Town, while Scum!RAD can inspect RB!Mackc2 as Town. I don't know why all of you are believing RAD's claim just like that tbh.

Considering Scum!RAD: Maybe I can see Fable being a possible scum partner, but I've read Fable and although there's nothing about them that screams Town, I've not found their tone to come from scum and no one is presenting logic to tell my gut otherwise, so this slot is really screwing with me rn, doesn't help that nobody really has a good case on them for either Town or Scum. Zeonth questioned the claim, but dropped it soon after which pings me, but then again the fact he questioned it where no one else did and that he looks good from the flipped players rn makes me not want to consider him for a lynch really highly. Since Mackc2 can't be Scum when RAD is Town, that leaves either RAD/Mackc2 W/W or RAD/Mackc2 W/V, which could go both ways honestly, since he just kinda took it in at day start. I'd look here if I didn't know much of anything else. And Junk, who suspiciously lapped up the RAD think real fast, but him proceeding to throw out the possibility of Mackc2 GF makes it even more possible that RAD/Junk is scum trying to open the lynchpool as wide as possible. But as with Fable, I've read them as Town for most of the game and I don't see convincing cases for them either way really. 

My own reads on Junk and Fable aside since I'm probably confbiased on that side myself, RAD/Junk/RAD/Fable > RAD/Mackc2 > RAD/Zeonth are the teams in order of likeliness if RAD were scum (Fable/Junk > Mackc2 because 1-Shot Vig vs Mafia Tracker makes the Mafia Tracker really redundant as opposed to RB + OS Vig vs Mafia Tracker)

I'm going to read back on the interactions and the EoD Votals to look for more associations, but I really don't like how RAD's claim got believed so easily. I'm hedging more towards the RAD scum theory for now because I don't really remember Zeonth/Fable/Junk teams having scummy interactions off the top of my head.

On 6/21/2018 at 6:59 AM, Iris said:

Phase End.

End of Day 1 Votals

SatsumaFSoysoy (6): Junk, Mackc2, athena_57, Makaze, Bartozio, Fenrir Aesir
athena_57 (2): SatsumaFSoysoy, Rapier
EvanManManMan (1): Fable

Fable (1): EvanManManMan
Bartozio (1): XnadrojX
Makaze (1): Zeonth

Not voting (1): RADicate

On 6/24/2018 at 12:23 AM, Iris said:

Day 2: Automated Votals from #425 to #755

Bartozio (2): Junk, Mackc2
EvanManManMan (5): Fable, XnadrojX, Zeonth, athena_57, Fenrir Aesir
Zeonth (2): Makaze, Bartozio
Not voting (1): RADicate

Phase ends in 0h6m. Hammer at 8.

Vote history:

Reveal hidden contents

athena_57 (2): Zeonth -> EvanManManMan

Bartozio (2): Fable -> Zeonth

EvanManManMan (1): Fable

Fenrir Aesir (2): Zeonth -> EvanManManMan

Junk (1): Bartozio

Mackc2 (1): Bartozio

Makaze (3): Zeonth -> EvanManManMan -> Zeonth

XnadrojX (2): Bartozio -> EvanManManMan

Zeonth (1): EvanManManMan

<Beta v2.0.4>

On 6/26/2018 at 11:59 PM, Iris said:

Day 3: Automated Votals from #750 to #924

Bartozio (5): athena_57, Junk, Mackc2, RADicate, Zeonth
RADicate (3): Bartozio, Fable, XnadrojX

Vote history:

Reveal hidden contents

athena_57 (1): Bartozio

Bartozio (1): RADicate

Fable (2): Bartozio -> RADicate

Junk (1): Bartozio

Mackc2 (1): Bartozio

RADicate (1): Bartozio

XnadrojX (1): RADicate

<Beta v2.0.4>

Day 1 Wagon has Junk on Satsuma, Zeonth on Makaze and Fable on EvanManManMan. None of them are voting together, and 2 of them are on vanity wagons. 1 of them are on the lynch of the day at 6 votes.

Day 2 Wagon has Junk on Bartozio, Zeonth and Fable both on EvanManManMan. Zeonth and Fable are voting together, and Junk is alone with Mackc2. 2 of them are on the lynch of the day at 5 votes.

Day 3 wagon has Junk and Zeonth both on Bartozio, and Fable on RADicate. Junk and Zeonth are voting together, and Fable is alone. 2 of them are on the lynch of the day at 5 votes.

The wagonocomics imply that if RAD is Town, the scum have really wonky voting patterns. Day 1 implies that none of them want to associate with one another, but then Day 2 has 2 of them on the scum lynch of the day, with Fable sticking there very early and Zeonth "self-preservedly" shifting to Evan. Then Day 3 has Fable alone on RAD, which devalues the RAD/Fable theory I had above, but Junk and Zeonth both voting Bartozio together after Day 2's seperation makes me feel like something's off.

So if RAD is Town, Fable/Zeonth is probably the team, with Fable/Junk being the next best possibility. 

As opposed to Scum RAD, which would make Junk being scum much more possible, as Junk's already hurt by Evan flip and the Bart wagon, as he spent 2 days sticking on Bartozio while Scum!Evan flips and RAD proceeds to pull this in LyLo.

I'm not considering athena_57 in this because I'm assuming they're basically a universal TR of everyone, since everyone seems to TR them and no one is telling me otherwise.

##Vote @RADicate

I'm willing to stick here or on Junk > Mackc2 > Fable in that order (Votals make me put Fable/RAD lower than Mackc2/RAD rn)