Top 5 Final Fantasy Spells that would fit AMAZINGLY with Fire Emblem:

1. Osmose: Absorbs an enemy's weapon durability
2. Ultima: 20 Might, Ignores defense but has a measly 40 hit
3. Reraise: Automatically revives a unit the next time they die
4. Libra: Reveals the enemy growths of an enemy unit
And the most important one:
5. Banish: Dark Magic that banishes an enemy to the Outrealms, preventing them from being revived

I doubt the Raise/Arise/Reraise spells could really fit with FE. Resurrection in FE tends to be a very special and rare affair, even when it is present.

I'm not sure enemy growths really matter for something like Libra to exist. I could see Libra working if Fire Emblem did things like Super Robot Wars. As in, you can't see enemy stats, weapons, items if applicable, skills, etc., unless you either fight them once, or use the Scan Seishin. If FE did that, then yeah, Libra could be as useful as Scan does for SRW.

If I could suggest a spell, maybe one like Reflect. Or Dispel, for the games that have an enough amount of possible buffs.

4 minutes ago, Roxas said:

What is libra supposed to do

Depends on the game, but it basically lets you check enemy stats, elemental weaknesses, and sometimes a short description of the enemy is included. Fire Emblem already gives us that for free, hence why I think Libra would be useless unless FE concealed enemy info.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Top 5 MORE Final Fantasy spells that would fit AMAZINGLY with Fire Emblem:

1. Haste: Raises an ally's speed by 5 temporarily

2. Rasp: Damages an enemy's weapon durability

3. Vanish: Turns an ally invisible, preventing attacks from successfully hitting them for one turn

4. Quick: Allows an ally to move twice in one turn

5. Delta Attack: Deals a guaranteed critical hit if three other wielders surround the enemy

if I may suggest a list of my own.

• Holy: Only useable by light magic welders or similar class  (ex saint, bishop, sage) Mt of 15 Hit rate of 90%
  • Poison or bio: deals damage and inflicts periodic  damage on the enemy.
  • Death ( technically already a spell) When cast there is a users skill/2% chance of killing the opponent out right, otherwise does damage as usual 
  • Protect: Halves incoming physical damage for one turn.
  • Reflect: Any magic (tomes and staves) cast on the recipient of the spell backfires.
  • Mini: Inflicts mini states, strength  and  defense are reduced by half for 4 turns.
  • Blind: Halves enemies accuracy/hit rate for the duration of battle.
  • Meteor: 50/50 chance to attack all enemies on screen or do absolutely nothing Mt: 30, cannot kill or crit
  • Wall: Creates a physical wall anywhere on the map and can be up to 5 tiles long, has 50 HP and can be broken, good for holding chokepoints and protecting allies
  • Slow: Halves targets speed and reduces their mov by 2

Lol I think I went over five.

Edited by Sage of the Mist
Just added a little info

On 6/20/2018 at 7:15 AM, ViceTOLUCT said:

Top 5 MORE Final Fantasy spells that would fit AMAZINGLY with Fire Emblem:

1. Haste: Raises an ally's speed by 5 temporarily

2. Rasp: Damages an enemy's weapon durability

3. Vanish: Turns an ally invisible, preventing attacks from successfully hitting them for one turn

4. Quick: Allows an ally to move twice in one turn

5. Delta Attack: Deals a guaranteed critical hit if three other wielders surround the enemy

AMAZING? Really? Let me see...

1. Haste...spd +5 for 1 ally? Nah! Unecessary! Rally Spd has been exist : +4 spd for more than 1 ally at once. Much more usefull than "haste".

2. Rasp... reduce wpn durability... I see... good for bossbusing. And prepare the extra cost for repair or rearms since the enemy unit will also have it.

3. Vanish....WHAT??? One turn cannot be hit??? Whoa!! It's just isn't only "amazing" idea, but you just aiming your own gun to your own head! Because how can you able to face the massive numbers of enemy unit with that "amazing" skill? By "amazing dispell"? Final Fantasy has phoenix down, etc, Fire Emblem is not! Turn-the-chessboard-over, sir!! Then you will understand.

4. Quick. Not necessary at all. Bard/dancer/songstress still able to do their job. Beside, Galeforce Skill also work so well.

5. Delta attack... most important what? Delta attack need 4 men with critical damage only, while Fire Emblem's Triangle Attack by 3 same Skill-users has basically dealt more than critical damage + able to critical. By fully respect, sir: did you even really played Fire Emblem?

9 hours ago, Sage of the Mist said:

if I may suggest a list of my own.

• Holy: Only useable by light magic welders or similar class  (ex saint, bishop, sage) Mt of 15 Hit rate of 90%
  • Poison or bio: deals damage and inflicts periodic  damage on the enemy.
  • Death ( technically already a spell) When cast there is a users skill/2% chance of killing the opponent out right, otherwise does damage as usual 
  • Protect: Halves incoming physical damage for one turn.
  • Reflect: Any magic (tomes and staves) cast on the recipient of the spell backfires.
  • Mini: Inflicts mini states, strength  and  defense are reduced by half for 4 turns.
  • Blind: Halves enemies accuracy/hit rate for the duration of battle.
  • Meteor: 50/50 chance to attack all enemies on screen or do absolutely nothing Mt: 30, cannot kill or crit
  • Wall: Creates a physical wall anywhere on the map and can be up to 5 tiles long, has 50 HP and can be broken, good for holding chokepoints and protecting allies
  • Slow: Halves targets speed and reduces their mov by 2

Lol I think I went over five.

Most of those Skills were already existed in the World of Fire Emblem. You only renamed it with the Final Fantasy's version.