Special Heroes Coming! Summer's Arrival - June 21, 2018 ~ (VIDEO POSTED)

Coolmanio

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

It’s almost like these are the opinions of different groups of people.
It’s almost like the fandom and the playerbase aren’t monolythic.

Yeah. People don't want a full awakening or fates  banner, but they are mad because it's not a full awakening or fates banner.

8 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

You know a Summer Seth would've been nice. Maybe replacing Cordelia, so he can actually have a lance.

Oh yeah, I'd have totally pulled for him. And I think he's actually pretty well liked thanks to how good he is in his own game (and how many people ship him with Eirika). And he's not bad in Heroes either.

I always wanted a lance Seth too. Didn't like that he got a sword since that wound up making him get kind of shoved aside for units like Xander, and later CYL Roy and Sigurd. Other DC sword units outclassed him too.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah. People don't want a full awakening or fates  banner, but they are mad because it's not a full awakening or fates banner.

Feel free continuing doing whatever you’re doing.

Sacred stones finally gets seasonals, that's nice, but still a pass for me. I don't have enough orbs to waste here.

What happened to Innes' hair though?

Edited by Korath88

28 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I feel like it's perfectly reasonable to see them here. 

Why not Ephraim or Eirika instead though? I don't even like Eirika and I'm saying she'd have made more sense. They're popular and from Sacred Stones and neither have seasonal alts. Sure, they do have normal alts, and Ephraim's even a legendary and also getting a CYL, but seeing a seasonal would be nice too.

And they're definitely fine with using characters who already got alts to make money. Cordelia is clearly there to make money. And we have two seasonal Lyns too.

I'll use my free pull on a blue though, if I get one. Cordelia is someone I like and find very relatable, at least. I wish she was a different color or at least had a tome or something though, to make her more different from regular Cordelia (and Summer Robin since their weapons look the same).

Edited by Anacybele

56 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I already explained. They're generally not popular characters. Cordelia is the only one here who is. There's a lack of Ephraim (and Eirika for that matter) despite it featuring the game he's from even though he's very popular. Cordelia already got a seasonal, so she's a boring repeat. And two characters are from Awakening which I'm certain a lot of people don't want more of at this point. Especially in a summer banner which it already had one completely to itself!

It'd be a little less weird if more than just Cordelia here was popular, at least.

Also, I would've expected Ike or Soren seasonals before any of these. But as I said, I shouldn't be surprised because IS does weird choices a lot lately. *cough* Bride Sanaki*cough*

All of your points are contradictory. You complain that Cordelia got a second alt in the same breath that you wish Ike and Ephraim got more alts. You complain that popular Awakening characters got alts, but then denounce Tana and Innes because you don't deem them popular enough. Maybe you should just admit your approval of the character choices is purely based on what you wanted and not what "makes sense".

Edited by NekoKnight

Sees Tana: Well, it had to happen eventually, I guess.

Sees Tana is red tome: Oh wow, this might actually sell me on a bikini! Certainly not a tasteful one as per my inclination, but hey, I can't expect IS to be that generous!

Sees her art: Never mind, passing.

Just now, NekoKnight said:

All of your points are contradictory. You complain that Cordelia got a second alt in the same breath that you wish Ike and Ephraim got more alts. You complain that popular character Awakening characters got alts, but then denounce Tana and Innes because you don't deem them popular enough. Maybe you should just admit your approval of the character choices is purely based on what you wanted and not what "makes sense".

None of that is contradictory.

Ike and Ephraim don't have seasonal alts. They have normal ones. Cordelia already got a bride seasonal.

There are characters I would deem popular enough though. I'd say...anyone who made the top 75sh in either CYL. Maybe.

So from reddit- info on weapons:

Spoiler

Innes' weapon (beach flag+): when initiating, during combat +2 to all stat

Tana's weapon (eden's/idun's?? fruit): If hp >50%, guidance effect for all movement types. Spd+3.

Cordelia's weapon (shell harpoon/lance+): same as Innes

Noire's weapon (coconut bow+): effective against flying. same as Innes weapon

Just now, Anacybele said:

None of that is contradictory.

Ike and Ephraim don't have seasonal alts. They have normal ones. Cordelia already got a bride seasonal.

There are characters I would deem popular enough though. I'd say...anyone who made the top 75sh in either CYL. Maybe.

That's an absolutely pointless distinction. Alts are alts, or do you not think the 5 Lyns count because 1 is a legendary and 1 is a CYL character?

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:
2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Reveal hidden contents

Tana's weapon (eden's/idun's?? fruit): If hp >50%, guidance effect for all movement types. Spd+3.

I believe Tana's Weapon is exclusive to her.

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Reveal hidden contents

That's...both underwhelming yet overpowered. We know who IS is showing favoritism to.

Oh more blues to pull from. I just successfully summoned Bride Ninian on the Bridal Banner after sniping blues and occasionally greens for the past week which raised my pity rates to 5.75% ( my highest record). I dont actually mind the character choice but I can actually picture Edelgard wearing a beach hat with a towel and bikini playing with Byleth while Dimitri and Claude surfing. Gotta go back to saving orbs.

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Yeah, it gives the stat boost that prfs has.

It's pretty much a reverse Grimoire.

Yes. Summer Tana was made for mixed teams. Maybe she will have a Tactic Skill. Maybe she will be the 2nd Spd Tactic unit.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

5 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

That's an absolutely pointless distinction. Alts are alts, or do you not think the 5 Lyns count because 1 is a legendary and 1 is a CYL character?

It is not. And they do. She has two seasonals and two normal alts in addition to her normal version. That's a lot.

Ike and Ephraim just have two normal ones each when you count Ephraim's eventual CYL alt. No seasonals here even though they'd make a lot of money. Also, seasonals have the potential to be much more different than normal variations. Ike's and Ephraim's current alts are generally similar to the normal versions save for CYL Ike having an axe.

I’m pretty sure Innes and Tana were added because of the fact that they are such good units made them popular in Heroes. Innes is arguably the best infratry archer in the permanent pool and arguably the best infantry archer overall.

Edited by Water Mage

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It is not. And they do. She has two seasonals and two normal alts in addition to her normal version. That's a lot.

Ike and Ephraim just have two normal ones each when you count Ephraim's eventual CYL alt. No seasonals here even though they'd make a lot of money. Also, seasonals have the potential to be much more different than normal variations. Ike's and Ephraim's current alts are generally similar to the normal versions save for CYL Ike having an axe.

We already have 3 Ikes and we will have 3 Ephraims in some months. We don't need more of them (at least for now). I am with the team of "Cordelia didn't need another alt", but the others deserves some spotlight. I am sure there are a lot o people like me who got interested in Sacred Stones after playing Heroes.

8 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I’m pretty sure Innes and Tana were added because the fact that they are such good units. Innes is arguably the best infratry archer in the permanent pool and arguably the best infantry archer overall.

How is he the best? All I can see from his stats is that he has okay everything except Def which is terrible.

I'd say Bride Cordelia is the best infantry archer due to her potential brave bow quadding. Checking now, she has the same Atk, but slightly better Spd. So yeah, she's better.

EDIT: Vax, probably because she has a modest swimsuit instead of being blatantly sexualized. I actually like this Tana art for that reason, it's good to see some not-sexualized women sometimes. Shame I don't care about her enough as a character to want to pull her. Nor would she fill a niche I can't already fill.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

What’s so bad with her art? Genuinely curious.

Looks like she's flashing. When you remove the arousal from summer art, it just becomes vaguely disgusting.

Not like I was overly fond of her more womanly redesign, but I have nothing against that part.

For balancing the number of alts, I would argue that legendaries count but CYL doesn't, because legendaries are chosen by IS just like regular seasonals, but CYL is "earned". It's like if you win say $100 for an arts competition at school. Then your parents give your brother $100 "to make it fair". Well, you both now have $100, but it's hardly fair because one person earned it, the other was gifted it.