Special Heroes Coming! Summer's Arrival - June 21, 2018 ~ (VIDEO POSTED)

Coolmanio

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I actually did Noire's pose.

It's possible.

But it was uncomfortable as hell.

Also my hip now hurts while sitting at my desk.

8 minutes ago, Nowi's Husband said:

Noire hurts to look at, I've never been a fan of the butt and boobs pose like Catria has. 

I did the same for Catria way back when there was some argument in the General thread about her pose.

If I can do Catria's pose, someone more lithe than me can do it, too.

1 minute ago, UNLEASH IT said:

After putting one on all but two of the seasonal banners since launch, I wonder what IS is going to do when they finally run out of busty female characters.

Release a new game.

Duh.

1 minute ago, UNLEASH IT said:

After putting one on all but two of the seasonal banners since launch, I wonder what IS is going to do when they finally run out of busty female characters.

Simple, they will release alternate versions of busty female characters.

39 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I know more guys than girls play this, but even most guys don't just like females, I'm certain.

28 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Outside of gacha, men tend to prefer male characters and women tend to prefer female characters. (I can assure you as a male who prefers female characters on average, I'm very much in a minority when hanging out in male circles.)

I think we are a pretty big minority, if we are a minority at all. Even outside gachas, I gravitate towards female avatars/characters more than males.

The only games that I main as a male avatar/character is Fire Emblem Awakening and Advance Wars Dual Strike (Colin main).

For games that give me a choice, I generally play as female: Fire Emblem Fates, Advance Wars Days of Ruin (Tabitha, Lyn), Pokémon, Fantasy Life (female mage), Skyrim (female high elf), Dynasty Warriors (Wang Yuanji, female edit character), Samurai Warriors (female edit character, Ina, Kunoichi).

Maybe it is just me, but since I will be staring at the screen for a long time when I game, I would much rather look at a pretty lady running around than some dude doing the same thing.

Was going to give this banner a pass regardless but random noire okay then, looks like I have to summon on this banner now, shame I have no orbs saved up

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think we are a pretty big minority, if we are a minority at all. Even outside gachas, I gravitate towards female avatars/characters more than males.

The only games that I main as a male avatar/character is Fire Emblem Awakening and Advance Wars Dual Strike (Colin main).

For games that give me a choice, I generally play as female: Fire Emblem Fates, Advance Wars Days of Ruin (Tabitha, Lyn), Pokémon, Fantasy Life (female mage), Skyrim (female high elf), Dynasty Warriors (Wang Yuanji, female edit character), Samurai Warriors (female edit character, Ina, Kunoichi).

Maybe it is just me, but since I will be staring at the screen for a long time when I game, I would much rather look at a pretty lady running around than some dude doing the same thing.

Yeah, but for things like seasonals, men will gravitate towards females more because they want to see attractive women in these swimsuits and stuff. Females would want attractive guys instead for the most part.

I mean, I admit I'm part of that female crowd too. I've been crying for a summer Ike where he shows his abs as well as his biceps for a change. :P I want to see all those muscles! And I find Summer Freddy super attractive because those abs and the guy is just overall so handsome imo.

This is where I don't mind fanservice. I just dislike it when it's overly done and shoved in our faces where it doesn't need to be. Heroes is a fun little thing with many characters and alts of characters, a reasonable place to throw in some fanservice. And some designs are not over the top (a few are, like two out of three Camillas, Bunny Kagero, etc.).

Edited by Anacybele

In my opinion, the art for the characters all look great, apart from the damage Noire is doing to her spine in her attacking poses. If she does that often, it's no wonder she frequently looks sick and miserable! But I'm happy that SS is getting some representation in a seasonal banner here! It's not a full SS banner (I wasn't expecting one, and I prefer mix banners). I'll probably try to pull for Tana, since I have no flying red mage, and I still haven't managed to get her original self either.

Also, it seems that Cordelia transferred the depression she had in her original art to the fish at the end of her lance. Of course, being stabbed through with a lance seems like a pretty good reason to feel kinda down, so I definitely can see where the fish is coming from.

1 hour ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Outside of gacha, men tend to prefer male characters and women tend to prefer female characters. (I can assure you as a male who prefers female characters on average, I'm very much in a minority when hanging out in male circles.) Gacha this may be reversed for, I'm not sure. The decision to do the gender balance they're doing I suspect has more to do with who spends the most money: even if male and female characters are close in popularity overall, the folks who spend thousands of dollars are more likely to do so for females. Or at least, that's my best guess.

That said I find the complaints about the gender balance in slightly poor taste here. Fire Emblem Heroes is very close to gender parity still (I think. Someone who isn't me can run the numbers, I don't know them offhand). It's certainly far closer than every single Fire Emblem from the original to Radiant Dawn, in which men typically had the advantage of 2:1 or more. If FEH's representation bothers you, then I would hope those games bother you more.

Yeah, I mostly agree, although I've sorta gotten used to those sorts of complaints around here. In any case, I did a quick count, and I got that the roster had 129 men (I could be off by one or two, it wasn't a meticulous count), which is out of 259 characters currently in the game. So, indeed, that's pretty much a 1:1 ratio. I'd say you're probably right, females on the banner probably bring in more money via the gacha aspect. This is a game that's designed to make money after all, so it's expected that they would make decisions with that in mind. The parity here is certainly much better than in other gacha games.

Plus, as you point out, the FEH universe has much more male than female characters overall. One way to keep the parity in the long run is to release more alts of the females than males.

48 minutes ago, Othin said:

This isn't an FE8 banner. We've gotten plenty of seasonal banners with two units from one game: Performing Arts, Halloween, and Love Abounds all had 2/2 splits, and the second Spring banner had the same 2/1/1 split as this banner. The only seasonal banners we've ever gotten that had all the characters from one game were last year's summer and winter banners. I think they're done with single-game seasonal banners, and are now going for a mix.

Given that we're getting two summer banners a year, it's likely that we'll get more FE8 summer characters eventually, just not a full banner. And Eirika and Ephraim are certainly top candidates for future FE8 seasonals. But this would have been a terrible time to release more alts of them, it would have just set off the same kind of backlash as characters like Lyn have gotten.

I prefer the seasonal banners to come with a mix myself. I think it would be fine to release alts of Eirika or Ephraim now though, so I disagree with you there. One of the main issues with the release of Legendary Lyn was that she already had 4 variations, and that it was coming right at the heels of the LA banner. Too much favoritism on one character in too short a time frame.

Meanwhile, Eirika and Ephraim only have a single alt apiece, and it's been awhile since those alts came out. I doubt too many people would complain if they got each got a seasonal variant, especially since there haven't been any for them yet.

23 minutes ago, Thane said:

I think I'm less of a fan of Noire's outfit than her pose. What is that thing on her leg?  

Still getting her though. She and Cynthia have been on the top of my list for the longest time together with the Laguz royals.

It is a sail. For her leg. Sail away, Noire's leg, sail away!

20 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Make more (e.g., Loki), and make alts of pre-existing ones (e.g., Camilla).

Edited by Astellius

1 hour ago, NoblePink said:

It's too late in this case but if there's any banner leak in the future can it be in a separate thread?

Also about the complaints about certain poses. I do think that action poses (like attacking/injured art) allow some degree of "flexibility" beyond what people think as "anatomically comfortable". Plenty of real life examples out there:

2018-06-18T181144Z_110020494_RC1FC4197370_RTRMADP_3_SOCCER-WORLDCUP-TUN-ENG.jpg.7d05024fbf625efd4a6e28acb4bfa676.jpg

I just came across this pic while looking at my news feed. To be clear though I don't really care about T&A's, I'm more of a kawaii-kei person more than sexy-kei. But all those broken back/spine comments feels wrong to me. 

I personally think Noire's pose is possible for her specifically; because of how her body (slimmy, but actually decently strong and quite cursed as far as I know) it's, and also, it adds some extra silly flavor to the seasonal art, which is fun xD

Edited by Troykv

The most I can see myself caring to try and get is Cordelia, just cause I like the idea of having the lance from her conversations with Robin.

Noire... I mean, I like Noire a little, but not so much that I must have her in a swimsuit. I'd rather have her in her normal Archer attire, and this more or less guarantees that we aren't gonna get that.

Tana... I just hope her base Speed and base Attack don't make ToD!Nowi look like a joke.

Innes... I mean, he looks impressive... but I am not impressed by his weapon at all. It may as well be called Decorated Driftwood for how unimpressive it looks.

All in all, the only thing I can say good about this banner is that it's impossible for any of these units to be carrying a unique Valor skill, so I can hold off on getting orbs for summoning  to try for the Legendary banner and maybe try for YS!Robin to finally get Lance Valor...

I actually ... kinda like Innes. So I might try for him (vaguely). Noire I love as a character, and I think her face/artwork is drawn nicely, but I just am not a fan of the girls drawn like that without at least ONE guys in a tight, bulging speedo). If they had her and one guy like that, I'd maybe go for both, because EQUALITY. Hahah. But they didn't and do I need an archer? not really.

So maybe just Innes, I like his artwork a lot, and I could always use more axe users, I'm always lacking on green's to choose from, and some more mixed teams for my Res/Spd/Atk tactic-loving self would be great!

3 minutes ago, Astellius said:

apart from the damage Noire is doing to her spine in her attacking poses.

If I can do that pose without hurting myself, someone more flexible than me can do it more easily.

Actually, one of the stretches I do when I actually do exercise involves twisting about that far (probably why I can do the pose in the first place). You sit with one leg out straight and the other knee up. Take the elbow of the side with the knee up and put it on the inside of the knee that is up and use that to help force the twist to happen at the waist (instead of the shoulders and neck) as you put your other hand down behind you and twist to look backwards. Repeat for the other direction.

6 minutes ago, Astellius said:

It is a sail. For her leg. Sail away, Noire's leg, sail away!

I'm pretty sure that's a kite. Bow flier Noire confirmed.

While I am a fan of Noire, I may just do the free summon for now and wait until Summer 2. I am a little upset that we keep getting 3:1 banners, but of course I get that female characters probably sell more. I hope for Summer 2 that we get more than 1 male character. If nothing then I will try to save up for CYL2, but knowing me I will cave in and summon on one of the banners.

46 minutes ago, XRay said:

Ha, this is my logic, too.

Unless romance is involved in the game, I will always choose the a male over a female character, just because I find them more interesting to look at xD

42 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I mean, I admit I'm part of that female crowd too. I've been crying for a summer Ike where he shows his abs as well as his biceps for a change. :P I want to see all those muscles! And I find Summer Freddy super attractive because those abs and the guy is just overall so handsome imo.

Most of your posts somehow manage to involve Ike / Frederick, lmao.

Anyways, kind of a surprising, but slightly disappointing banner for me at least besides Tana and Innes. Innes’ attractiveness makes up for the lack of the second male character in the banner. 

33 minutes ago, Astellius said:

I prefer the seasonal banners to come with a mix myself. I think it would be fine to release alts of Eirika or Ephraim now though, so I disagree with you there. One of the main issues with the release of Legendary Lyn was that she already had 4 variations, and that it was coming right at the heels of the LA banner. Too much favoritism on one character in too short a time frame.

Meanwhile, Eirika and Ephraim only have a single alt apiece, and it's been awhile since those alts came out. I doubt too many people would complain if they got each got a seasonal variant, especially since there haven't been any for them yet.

It would be one thing if it was just their alts so far, but Ephraim also has a CYL alt on the way. So he'd end up with 4 total variations after that, more than even Ike.

I'm torn on this and I don't know what to do exactly. On one hand, Tana is one of my favourite Sacred Stones characters, and I am pretty fond of both Innes and Noire. They are bound to be awesome units too, and have some nifty skills. On the other, there's something about Tana's art that bothers me, and it's not even the bellybutton. The swimsuit just looks weird to me. Not really a fan of the strings that make up Noire's bikini either. (And before someone says "You just hate fanservice.", I am still in love with B!Tharja's dress. This bikini just doesn't look appealing in any way.)  As for unit types, I have all four of these slots filled already (even if my H!Nowi is -Spd. I don't think Tana is going to be very fast, she'll likely be bulky like her normal self). I'll wait until we see the actual trailer first, but for now it looks like I'd prefer trying to break my pity rate on the Bride banner while I can.

Edited by Nanima

I thought it would be something without awakening or fates, my hope was Sigurd or Caeldori (if someone of the new games), but this is disappointing.
Maybe we will see something like radiant dawn or gaiden in the next  summer banner, without fates or awakening.

Cordelia winks again... I NEED her. I went to great lengths to get her Bridal version because she winked and now this one does too. Guess I'll get Cordelia Emblem when the 4th one comes and winks one more time. 

Tana looks extremely cute but I'll wait to see her stats before deciding if I'll pull for her or not. 

Innes reminds me of Dio which is a good thing. If I get Cordelia early he's next on the list.

Noire...Er, her art is nice but I don't like her pose and I wasn't the biggest fan of her in Awakening. She's a completely new unit and she's the one I'll skip.

I suppose if this Tana is better than Witch Nowi, I'd be fine with having her. I'd rather have her than a sexualized loli, as cute as Nowi tends to act sometimes.

15 minutes ago, Aera said:

Most of your posts somehow manage to involve Ike / Frederick, lmao.

Yeah, sorry about that... They just happen to be good examples to use to explain my points sometimes. xP

Noire... Could you not have waited a couple more banners so my orbs could recover after sniping for your mother? Oh well. Looks like there's finally an archer I like enough to want to use.

1 hour ago, XRay said:
1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but for things like seasonals, men will gravitate towards females more because they want to see attractive women in these swimsuits and stuff. Females would want attractive guys instead for the most part.

This is where I don't mind fanservice. I just dislike it when it's overly done and shoved in our faces where it doesn't need to be. Heroes is a fun little thing with many characters and alts of characters, a reasonable place to throw in some fanservice. And some designs are not over the top (a few are, like two out of three Camillas, Bunny Kagero, etc.).

I mean why not

waifus sell, playerbases have a substantial amount of people who wanna play with more hot ladies. why not?

Kinda related.  I posted this on reddit https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeWgB_JHDsFgZqnVum1K08cHaX6Xt5aZ8bX18SEflERK5XQaA/viewform

Basically I'm looking to see if people actually seem to prefer females to males and awakening/fates units to classical units.  Obviously reddit is not indicative of the larger community but if, as I suspect, it is an even split then that does tell you something.  Especially considering the people who are most likely to spend (at least in the west) are probably active within the community.