Special Heroes Coming! Summer's Arrival - June 21, 2018 ~ (VIDEO POSTED)

Coolmanio

5 hours ago, Lushen said:

Tana might as well not have a prf, its bad - especially for a flier.

14 Mt and +3 Spd pretty much makes it a better option than anything other than Raudhrblade+, and it has one of the best non-combat effects in the game, especially for a flier.

The Grand Conquest nodes that gave all fliers Flier Formation showed me just how amazing the 2-range teleportation skills were on fliers. I now have zero intention of ever replacing Grimoire on Nowi, and I can't really imagine replacing Idunn's Fruit, either.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

14 Mt and +3 Spd pretty much makes it a better option than anything other than Raudhrblade+, and it has one of the best non-combat effects in the game, especially for a flier.

The Grand Conquest nodes that gave all fliers Flier Formation showed me just how amazing the 2-range teleportation skills were on fliers. I now have zero intention of ever replacing Grimoire on Nowi, and I can't really imagine replacing Idunn's Fruit, either.

Yea I mean I was assuming Rauroblade.  There's also Rauorowl which has some nice synergy w/ flier teleporting.  Even outside of a flier team, buffs have gotten so easy that blade tomes work for anything.  And the thing about her abillity is there are so many different skills between C, B, and your seal for flier teleportation that you don't really need a weapon to do it too.  The +3 spd is why I'm leaving it for now b/c I don't like blade tomes, but when a viable inheritable tome comes out in the future I'll probably grab it (even like Rauroserpant which would make her res go from meh->slightly bulky.)

Edited by Lushen

4 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Rauroblade

Rauorowl

Rauroserpant

It's a "d" (or a "dh"), not an "o". It's pronounced "th" as in "then".

Same with Idunn's Fruit.

6 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Yea I mean I was assuming Rauroblade.

I still consider Raudhrblade to be a side-grade. The extra damage isn't really necessary when you're that fast. There are a few cases where Raudhrblade would've let Nowi kill something that she couldn't have with Grimoire, but I find myself using Grimoire's effect far more often than that extra damage was necessary.

8 minutes ago, Lushen said:

There's also Rauorowl which has some nice synergy w/ flier teleporting.

The problem is that it's not terribly useful on player phase. Even with Flier Formation, you're rarely going to have more than 1 adjacent ally on player phase, if even.

10 minutes ago, Lushen said:

And the thing about her abillity is there are so many different skills between C, B, and your seal for flier teleportation that you don't really need a weapon to do it too.

Every single one of those options is 5-star-exclusive right now, and the Sacred Seals are still limited to 1 per team. A C-slot skill costs you Hone Fliers (or a different buff), and a B-slot skill costs you Desperation (which is pretty much necessary for tome fliers not named Camilla at the top of Arena Assault).

I'd put a Flier Formation Sacred Seal on every one of my fliers (except Nowi and Myrrh) if I had the option to do so, but I don't, so I personally value those effects on the weapons rather highly.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Every single one of those options is 5-star-exclusive right now, and the Sacred Seals are still limited to 1 per team. A C-slot skill costs you Hone Fliers (or a different buff), and a B-slot skill costs you Desperation (which is pretty much necessary for tome fliers not named Camilla at the top of Arena Assault).

I'd put a Flier Formation Sacred Seal on every one of my fliers (except Nowi and Myrrh) if I had the option to do so, but I don't, so I personally value those effects on the weapons rather highly.

You probably have a lot more fliers then me then lol.  For me, using the seals is not an issue since while I have like 7 fliers, they're not good enough to make a full flier team and I only like 2 of them (valter and innes). 

1 minute ago, Lushen said:

You probably have a lot more fliers then me then lol.  For me, using the seals is not an issue since while I have like 7 fliers, they're not good enough to make a full flier team and I only like 2 of them (valter and innes). 

Yeah, that's true. The more fliers you have, the more you start to notice a lack of teleportation skills (especially after Grand Conquest spoils you).

I have two fully outfitted flier teams right now (with a third on the way), and it's kind of annoying that I can't repeat Sacred Seals across teams at the very least.

10 hours ago, Lushen said:

Fjorm seems like she'd be in a x-mas banner.

It would have been funny having her poorly adapted to warm weather and using bikini tho. Speaking of her, shouldn't she be participating plotwise in these paralogue antics by now?

17 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Yeah she did, since she found her way to me. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I guess it didn't take much to powercreep last year's, since only Corrin ever stood out as especially strong even back then.

Hell yeah!  Good to hear you got Stripdelia.  I got Tana and I'm working on 'Delia next. 

I'm considering foddering off Hinoka's Hone Fliers to Summer Tana so she replaces my -Atk Halloween Nowi.

5 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Hell yeah!  Good to hear you got Stripdelia.  I got Tana and I'm working on 'Delia next. 

I'm considering foddering off Hinoka's Hone Fliers to Summer Tana so she replaces my -Atk Halloween Nowi.

Thanks! Good luck getting her too, she's a babe. I want the other girls as well, but I'm low on orbs and going to wait to see the next banner first. Don't want to be empty-handed if we actually do get Summer Camilla.

I'd just toss Fortify Fliers on her for cheaper, unless you really don't care about that Hinoka. If she'd be your only Hone carrier on a team then she'd get less buffs herself, and if she's not the only one then you don't really need 2 Hones anyway.

...Honestly, yeah, I'm not particularly finding Tana comfortable in the context of having her. She'll probably be tooled for a blade build and thrown onto a Flier-based GC team. Probably not as one of the lead 8.

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 3:52 PM, Alkaid said:

Thanks! Good luck getting her too, she's a babe. I want the other girls as well, but I'm low on orbs and going to wait to see the next banner first. Don't want to be empty-handed if we actually do get Summer Camilla.

I'd just toss Fortify Fliers on her for cheaper, unless you really don't care about that Hinoka. If she'd be your only Hone carrier on a team then she'd get less buffs herself, and if she's not the only one then you don't really need 2 Hones anyway.

I pulled her!  I put the Brave Lance+/L&D3/Galeforce//Desperation set on her and she does really well with that. 

Since last years summer banners are both up now I am really starting to wonder if July's special heroes banner is going to be another beach banner. Maybe they will do something different this time like a fireworks festival or maybe even another Hoshido themed banner like a summer yukata themed banner and they will also throw a random Nohrian character like Elise just for the fun it.

1 hour ago, NSSKG151 said:

Since last years summer banners are both up now I am really starting to wonder if July's special heroes banner is going to be another beach banner. Maybe they will do something different this time like a fireworks festival or maybe even another Hoshido themed banner like a summer yukata themed banner and they will also throw a random Nohrian character like Elise just for the fun it.

It'll probably be a summer banner.  Maybe theyre releasing both now to try and get people to spend all their orbs before the second banner from this year pops up.

Considering they've split the current summer banner, I am not sure they will base the second one on just one game again either. It'll probably be Fates and another game.. as much as I'd love if they stopped drip feeding us Hoshidans one banner at a time and had something like Nohrian Summer for thrm too. The other game might be Tellius or Echoes as has been guessed before. As for Fates units.. probably Camilla since there's no way she isn't getting a swimsuit at some point. The other could be a Hoshidan if we are lucky, but I am expecting someone like Niles or maybe a Nohr second gen like Ophelia. 

Now that I think about it all the seasonal banners this year have been split with at least two games represented like @Lushenand @Nanima said. So I guess the next special banner will have at least two games represented again. One will probably be Fates and the other could potentially be any country but Awakening (they wouldn't have two new consecutive summer banners with Awakening characters on both would they?). Then again I'm usually bad at predicting new banner units in general.

Was going to say the NY banner was single-game, but I checked and it started on the last day of last year. Technically correct then, the best kind of correct.

Now that I think about it all the seasonal banners this year have been split with at least two games represented like @Lushenand @Nanima said. So I guess the next special banner will have at least two games represented again. One will probably be Fates and the other could potentially be any country but Awakening (they wouldn't have two new consecutive summer banners with Awakening characters on both would they?). Then again I'm usually bad at predicting new banner units in general.

I'm hoping for 2 more SS units and 2 more Awakening units because I really want Ephriam and Eirika but I doubt that's going to happen.  If not I'll just blow my 600 orbs on more Innes.

2 hours ago, Lushen said:

I'm hoping for 2 more SS units and 2 more Awakening units because I really want Ephriam and Eirika but I doubt that's going to happen.  If not I'll just blow my 600 orbs on more Innes.

Holding out for a chance to part 2 of Sacred Stones/Awakening on the beach huh?

11 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Elise though would actually make sense for the fact that in her supports with Azura it's brought to light that Mikoto had a kimono made for Elise to help Azura feel better about not being able to see her new little sister when she heard of Elise's birth.

2 hours ago, Liliesgrace said:

Elise though would actually make sense for the fact that in her supports with Azura it's brought to light that Mikoto had a kimono made for Elise to help Azura feel better about not being able to see her new little sister when she heard of Elise's birth.

That is kind of why I specifically mentioned Elise even though I put a strikethrough because I was joking about it because I did knew that Elise had a support in Fates about kimonos but I forgot with whom she had it with.

8 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Holding out for a chance to part 2 of Sacred Stones/Awakening on the beach huh?

Well you never know.

The reason I want part 2 is because I feel totally gyped out of 2 sacred stones summer units. Now that would be fine if they just decided to do 2 from each game but instead they choose 2 more awakening units. So the image as far as I can tell is that fates/awakening is worth 6 units but ss is only worth 2. I thought we were past this with IS.  I don't need perfect representation, but at least give me a full ss banner not a half a one...

Edited by Lushen

1 hour ago, Lushen said:

Well you never know.

The reason I want part 2 is because I feel totally gyped out of 2 sacred stones summer units. Now that would be fine if they just decided to do 2 from each game but instead they choose 2 more awakening units. So the image as far as I can tell is that fates/awakening is worth 6 units but ss is only worth 2. I thought we were past this with IS.  I don't need perfect representation, but at least give me a full ss banner not a half a one...

I know the feeling. Certain games or specific characters in these games are just held as more profitable. It still sucks to see faves get snubbed though. I mean, Hoshido never got a full banner either, and probably never will at this point. 2/2 rep is at least better than nothing, but it does leave bitter taste when you see other games/characters over and over. 

Still, I think this will change more over time. Even the biggest Lyn fans will likely feel a bit tired of her after the 6th alt or so. They'll have to come up with something else at some point.

Edited by Nanima

25 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Still, I think this will change more over time. Even the biggest Lyn fans will likely feel a bit tired of her after the 6th alt or so. They'll have to come up with something else at some point.

I'm the kind of guy that can eat nothing but cheese pizza for dinner for months straight. I get sick of washing the pizza wheels (I have two) long before I get sick of eating the pizza. (I don't believe in dishwashers.)

You can give me dozens of Lyn alts and I won't get sick of them as long as they are different and pretty. Ninian and Peri alts, too, please. More Sawashiro Miyuki wouldn't hurt, either.

27 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm the kind of guy that can eat nothing but cheese pizza for dinner for months straight. I get sick of washing the pizza wheels (I have two) long before I get sick of eating the pizza. (I don't believe in dishwashers.)

You can give me dozens of Lyn alts and I won't get sick of them as long as they are different and pretty. Ninian and Peri alts, too, please. More Sawashiro Miyuki wouldn't hurt, either.

Hm, personally I feel selfish for wanting my top fave (Takumi) to have more alts. He has had 2 alts to himself, while other characters of comparable popularity have received less or none. I guess it's because my other faves tend to be less popular and only really have a shot at one alt at the most (or are not even in Heroes yet), so I understand the feelings of resentment that get stirred up whenever a really popular character keeps getting one alt after another.