Special Heroes Coming! Summer's Arrival - June 21, 2018 ~ (VIDEO POSTED)

Coolmanio

13 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Infantry Rush sounds like an incredible support skill. I can see people whaling for that. It applies Heavy Blade to all allies within two spaces. But unfortunately doesn't seem to work on the user.

the skill is nice but has limited use. On a tactics team its useless mostly because only one unit benefits from it. Best candidates Are Sanaki, Marth, Corrin M, Legendary Lucina, Ephraim and Eirika. Those units can provide the buffsneeded around them to make Infantry rush work. 

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm annoyed that first Atk/Spd Plus is given to Nephenee, who I refuse to fodder off, and now it's given to Noire, who is limited and therefore I refuse to fodder off.

I'm also bracing myself for the incoming wave of "Fruit of Iounn". I might need to actually use "d" for eth instead of "dh", though, since "Idhunn" looks really weird.

Atk/Spd Push would be great with the refined original spring weapons (Blue Egg, Green Egg, Carrot Lance, Carrot Axe), assuming either their effects are simultaneous or the healing comes after the damage. (Can anyone test one of those weapons with Fury 1?)

@mampfoid @LordFrigid

Infantry Rush looks like a perfect skill for 1-turn clear runs.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

The problem with that logic is mostly that if colored bows are "now" going to represent magic then we've fucked over Fujin Yumi and original Mulagir for certain, and quite possibly Skadi and Parthia. Fujin Yumi is the "wind god bow", and (unlike Lyn) Takumi canonically wields it in his own game and has just as much right to be green. Mulagir is just Mulagir. Skadi has a case to be a red bow because it's a bow corrupted by dark magic, and while my lore on Archanea is a bit shaky wasn't Parthia supposed to be a bow of flame, giving it a good case to be red?

Not to mention that Lyn being a green bow instead of the normal colorless bows makes two green wind heroes, whereas if she'd just been colorless there wouldn't be that color overlap. I'm just not sure color bows were a good addition.

If we ever get a special version of them. You can think of Swift Mulagir as an "awakened" version of Mulagir that uses its magical powers instead of being purely physical.

Or, perhaps more accurately, a version of Lyn that has Mulagir's favor rather than a version of Lyn simply using Mulagir.

If we ever get Legendary versions of Takumi or Jeorge, you can expect them to be colored.

27 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

What the fuck is atk/spd push

Is that basically Celica's Ragnarok except user takes 1 damage instead of 5

I mean, that basically means that once Ragnarok gets its refine, it'll get upgraded from Atk/Spd Push 1 to Atk/Spd Push 3 (I'm assuming the HP penalty is 5/3/1 as you level up the skill with a static stat boost).

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Atk/Spd Push would be great with the refined original spring weapons (Blue Egg, Green Egg, Carrot Lance, Carrot Axe), assuming either their effects are simultaneous or the healing comes after the damage. (Can anyone test one of those weapons with Fury 1?)

My SF!Camilla healed 2 HP after combat. She ran Green Egg [Spd] and Fury 1, so the healing and recoil are simultaneous.

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If we ever get a special version of them. You can think of Swift Mulagir as an "awakened" version of Mulagir that uses its magical powers instead of being purely physical.

Or, perhaps more accurately, a version of Lyn that has Mulagir's favor rather than a version of Lyn simply using Mulagir.

If we ever get Legendary versions of Takumi or Jeorge, you can expect them to be colored.

I suppose, but it still feels rather lame and again seems like it's there to make Lyn more "special". Considering that she never actually wielded Mulagir in her game and is the only legendary hero to receive a weapon she never canonically wielded (so far). I also highly doubt Jeorge will ever be a legendary hero unless the game goes on, like, forever. Takumi may be slightly more likely, but with legendary Ryoma existing I don't see it as likely anytime soon.

Green Fujin!Takumi and red Skadi!Takumi would've actually made Takumi Emblem more viable with blue as the only missing color, too.

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I mean, that basically means that once Ragnarok gets its refine, it'll get upgraded from Atk/Spd Push 1 to Atk/Spd Push 3 (I'm assuming the HP penalty is 5/3/1 as you level up the skill with a static stat boost).

Interesting. Suppose it's only a matter of time until things like Ragnarok get refined too, I wonder if distant counter weapons (or Dire Thunder) will ever follow.

Edited by Sunwoo

Red mage flier Tana, alright! I might give her Raourblade to use instead of Fruit of Iounn. If I get her.

Where Melissa Fahn at, though?

Edited by Larverto
I thought that Tana got a new voice actress but it's still Melissa Fahn, apparently

I’m gonna wait to summon. The seasonal units will return and the five star exclusives aren’t that special. And I’m not trying to get into tier 20, so Legendary Heroes aren’t really needed. So, I’m summoning for Tana and Innes

4 minutes ago, Larverto said:

Red mage flier Tana, alright! I might give her Raourblade to use instead of Fruit of Iounn. If I get her.

Where Melissa Fahn at, though?

That is Melissa Fahn. It's one of many aliases she's used over the years.

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

That is Melissa Fahn. It's one of many aliases she's used over the years.

Yeah, I know now. It's just that Tana's voice sounded a little bit different to me at first. Hearing that voice clip now though, it still sounds like Melissa still voicing her. Also I forgot to google that alias right quick.

Definitely pulling for Tana and maybe Cordelia. Wouldn't be upset if I got Innes. Noire, I never really liked her overly much, so I won't try to get her. Interesting that her first banner is a special. But not completely unsurprising since they did the same thing with Shigure.

I won't pull on this banner, but I like how the skills for units aren't that insane. Plus only one unique unit, that being a flier mage. Reminds me of the older seasonals

At some point, I’ll go all in for Tana and Noire. I’ll just do the full summoning circle for now though, I’m going to wait for the legendary banner. Cordelia and Innes are not particularly impressive to me, but it’s hard to resist the former because... well, thighs. 

I'll dip a little for Tana and Innes, but I don't really need them all that desperately. We'll see what the second summer banner holds. I'm assuming we'll get Camilla and maybe one Hoshidan unit if they decide to be generous.

Edited by Nanima

LOL. Here I am waiting for the datamine when I realize... The banner comes out tomorrow not today : )

I'm expecting Tana to have the best speed among seasonal flier.

Cordelia maybe bulky lance cav

Innes with maybe high attack and somewhat average speed. Say about 33 or 34 speed

Noire I'm thinking of being powercreeped Setsuna

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Infantry Rush looks like a perfect skill for 1-turn clear runs.

I love special reducing skills and this looks cool, but I don't have any infantry units with Galeforce. Infantry rush would have the biggest effect if equipped on the first unit to attack, but usually the first unit is cavalry. 

Spectrum Blow on the weapons is interesting... means that offensive units who don't particularly need any specific weapon now have a new toy to play with (so long as you are a Lance, Bow, or Axe user).

Dull Close is welcome, but not as useful as Dull Ranged. So far, no melee units beyond Laevatein has access to any Bladetome effects, and from my experiences it's usually Cavalry and Fliers who have those boosts anyways. As for Cordelia herself, her having Sturdy Blow may mean that they want her Defense to be better compensated for, given the nature of Dull Close... which totally means her defense will  be slightly better than it is on her other forms, but not by much.

Noire seems like she is going to be close to her Awakening depictions and have good Attack and Speed, but what concerns me is that they might be giving Infantry Rush to the wrong unit, as they gave Defense Ploy to YS!Gaius, who had base 28 Res, and here they may give Inf Rush to a unit who only has average Attack at best.

Innes... where did you get that dragon. I can't exactly tell what he will specialize in, though he should have at least decent Spd if he can double a generic Infantry Mage. Def Feint sounds neat at least, but now I'm afraid it might be a little while before we see a Feint skill on normal units...

Not sure why we now have two personal Red Tomes with some form of movement skill on it, but it does kinda concern me that Iounn or Idhunn or whatever the bloody hell it is says "allies within 2 spaces" as opposed to "Infantry and Armored allies" or similarly specifying the units who can teleport, which means that Cavalry can also be affected. It doesn't sound that big a deal, but remember that the one thing that is hurting Cavalry most these days is how limited their movement has become... so park Tana on a Trench, Forest, or Mountain/River, and so long those issues.

Overall... eh. I'm still gonna summon, but I'm not gonna be buying orbs directly to summon from here.

3 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Tana's weapon, isn't that the name of the final boss of Binding Blade?

Who relearns what fruits are in the epilogue, yes. 

Also a Norse goddess associated with youth and, yes, apples, but that's neither here nor there.

1 hour ago, Larverto said:

Literally four posts after I...

Can I punch someone or something yet?

7 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Tana's weapon, isn't that the name of the final boss of Binding Blade?

They both derive from the same mythological reference, yes.

But Idenn's name is pronounced with a hard "d" and "Iðunn" is pronounced with a soft "d" ("th" as in "then").