My predictions for the inevitable FE tropes in this game

Here’s my list of predictions of the staples of the FE series in Three Houses:

-Loli Manakete (pretty much confirmed)

-Character archetypes (i.e. Jagen, Est, Cain and Abel, Gordin, and Gharnef)

-Comic relief in the form of most support conversations

-Normally mediocre villains

-A dragon being the final boss

-Anna making an appearance in some way

That’s pretty much it for me. What do you guys see happening among tropes like these?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• - Byleth walks in on Edelgard taking a bath. Twice. Their supports aren't about anything else.
  • - sparring sparring sparring sparring spa-"I'll defeat you next time!"
  • - "What you did on the battlefield was reckless." "Is that my thanks for saving your life?"
  • -"Wh-what are you DOING? Don't you know this is a BATTLEFIELD!?" <-- the classic GBA support starter
  • - "My coffee maker is the reason for all this...?" "Yes, the ancient texts refer to it as...the Fire Emblem."
  • - "Help! Brigands!"
  • - "Aw shucks ahm just a lowly commoner, but if'n you need help, I'll join yer cause for saving mah village"
  • - "I'm an ancient dragon that's thousands of years older than you and important to the plot...but can I call you Big Brother?"
  • - the womanizing guy that's actually quite the wallflower.
  • - the overly devoted knight/servant that doesn't believe in personal space and devotes themselves entirely to their lord with an menial task or chore.
  • - the shy, reserved dancer/singer
  • - the race of beast people/manaketes that have no fur or fangs until they transform, leading you to wonder how could these guys ever be persecuted with how well they blend in.

14 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Well aren't we being pessimistic?

I'm interpreting this as a fun, light-hearted jest. FE can get really tropey, that's just a fact. But it can still be enjoyable to see old tropes make a return. p: I, personally, am looking forward to 3H's Anna. Also looking forward to Cain/Abel.

Main lord is a sword lord.

There will be at least one unit with big revealing cleavage.

That is all I can think of now.

proper loli manakete or riot

I can say that this does at least look to not be using too many non fire emblem tropes, so I will take it, I'm good with fire emblem tropes, but if we have too many bathroom incidents or accidental groping of the local tsundere leading to a rather humorous beating of our hero (not quite so humorous as the beating caused excessive bleeding of the liver, the local healer responded to the trauma with and I quote "dammit man, I'm a priest not a doctor!") I will need to have a word with someone.

Hey, as long as the loli Manakete is not clothed like a jailbait, I'm all for it. Now if there's a shota Manakete that is clothed like Nowi, I...
Yeah, here my reaction "I...". Total blue screen.

Personally, I think that atfer Echoes, they become better at everything, big times, look at that, four main character, no one look like anime crap with crap clothing. Animu doesn't have any sort of place in my Fire Emlem. Same with Animu 'humor', that isn't funny.

But I'm breaking the fun of the topic ignore me.

Also Tsundere are errors of nature and shouldn't exist, Yandere are better written than them. That's how stupid tsunderes are.

... I thought it was 'predicting', as in 'predicting with a lot of humor/sarcasm in it, I mean, I read some posts and... well no offense, if that can be called an offense, but it seems more about lightheartedness and nice sarcasm than serious. :/

But fine, maybe I was seemingly too 'butthurt', it wasn't my intention, honest, so here's a prediction, one I'm sure there will, cleaveage(s). Echoes had some of those, so I can't see why this Fire Emblem wouldn't.'

Edited by B.Leu

1 hour ago, B.Leu said:

... I thought it was 'predicting', as in 'predicting with a lot of humor/sarcasm in it, I mean, I read some posts and... well no offense, if that can be called an offense, but it seems more about lightheartedness and nice sarcasm than serious. :/

But fine, maybe I was seemingly too 'butthurt', it wasn't my intention, honest, so here's a prediction, one I'm sure there will, cleaveage(s). Echoes had some of those, so I can't see why this Fire Emblem wouldn't.'

Fair enough, I suppose.

Just about every character being oblivious in one, if not many of their support relationships.

A group of baddies that is elite among the enemy army (Four Riders, Four Fangs, etc).

The creepy reclusive dark mage that gets the fanboys going.

An overly obedient pegasus knight.

That's all I've got for now that wasn't previously mentioned.

A cameo from the older Fates siblings and Elise in some fashion, with a joke being told at Takumi's expense. 

At least one Tsundere character, either of the Lethe variety or the Severa variety. 

One of the knights is super serious and the other is SUUUUPER LOOUUUUD!

Some throwaway NPC double-crosses the heroes and soon after is a greasy smear on the ground; nonetheless this event has ramifications for a significant part of the game. 

A true Nabarl/Navarre archetype which has been missing from Fates and Awakening.

A gimmicky "hub" where units can be interacted with. 

Bandits involved in the slave trade; someone will be recruitable in this chapter. 

Maggie and Rose are even more flamboyant than ever. 

8 hours ago, Affinity said:

The creepy reclusive dark mage that gets the fanboys going.

Did we really have this in Fates? Rhajat is just a Tharja clone, but is much more fun, and she LARPs the "evil witch in the woods" gimmick while Tharja actually is that witch. Nyx had a lot of depth, but was she really that popular?

17 hours ago, B.Leu said:

Hey, as long as the loli Manakete is not clothed like a jailbait, I'm all for it. Now if there's a shota Manakete that is clothed like Nowi, I...
Yeah, here my reaction "I...". Total blue screen.

Personally, I think that atfer Echoes, they become better at everything, big times, look at that, four main character, no one look like anime crap with crap clothing. Animu doesn't have any sort of place in my Fire Emlem. Same with Animu 'humor', that isn't funny.

But I'm breaking the fun of the topic ignore me.

Also Tsundere are errors of nature and shouldn't exist, Yandere are better written than them. That's how stupid tsunderes are.

Truer words have never been spoken

Archetypes are a given

And I'm waiting for my staple Loli Manakete, TYVM!

Big chested female is pretty likely~ And of course a guy with girls throwing themselves at him while he couldn't give less of a damn~

But hey, I wouldn't be complaining about humorous supports, I'm pretty easy to entertain

Of course, then I say cleavage, I don't mean Fates, I mean Mathilda and Sonya, like, something that has to be contained a minimum and not something made out of gun like Fates, I stress this out.
Someone will have to explain me why Sonya won the lottery then her 'kind' didn't, eh.
This Fire Emblem seems to have the same artstyle than Echoes, to I really think it's a fair guess.

I can't believe I actually spent two posts talking about cleavage in Fire Emblem. Oh well.

3 hours ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Truer words have never been spoken

A fellow person who enjoy good writing. I would propose you a handshake, but alas, we are on the internet.

On 6/19/2018 at 1:57 PM, Glennstavos said:
  • - Byleth walks in on Edelgard taking a bath. Twice. Their supports aren't about anything else.
  • - sparring sparring sparring sparring spa-"I'll defeat you next time!"
  • - "What you did on the battlefield was reckless." "Is that my thanks for saving your life?"
  • -"Wh-what are you DOING? Don't you know this is a BATTLEFIELD!?" <-- the classic GBA support starter
  • - "My coffee maker is the reason for all this...?" "Yes, the ancient texts refer to it as...the Fire Emblem."
  • - "Help! Brigands!"
  • - "Aw shucks ahm just a lowly commoner, but if'n you need help, I'll join yer cause for saving mah village"
  • - "I'm an ancient dragon that's thousands of years older than you and important to the plot...but can I call you Big Brother?"
  • - the womanizing guy that's actually quite the wallflower.
  • - the overly devoted knight/servant that doesn't believe in personal space and devotes themselves entirely to their lord with an menial task or chore.
  • - the shy, reserved dancer/singer
  • - the race of beast people/manaketes that have no fur or fangs until they transform, leading you to wonder how could these guys ever be persecuted with how well they blend in.

These...were...amazing. And so true. XD 

I definitely agree with brigands and the commoner. And there has to be one "this is a battlefield" support. Lol. I'm hoping for a different take on the dancer/singer (closer to Nils being happy-go-lucky). 

And of course the child mage character who's a prodigy (hopefully closer to Delthea and further away from Ricken/Clone!Ricken).

5 hours ago, SerCaladran said:

What about Lute?

I guess I never considered her the "child" prodigy so much as Ewan. I consider Lute closer to Miriel. But speaking of Ewan, I WANT HIM BACK. Lol. 

Edited by Sunsurge

Lets add a few more....

- Someone's Father is going to get super murdered.

- The Adorable, yet extremely naïve Loli/Shota Mage/Cleric will be a must play character.

- Pegasus and Draco Knights are still going to be very popular.

- Falchion clone mark 3143, beta.4 will be the Lords Uber weapon.

- Your favourite character is going to be killed.

Welp this shall be interesting. (Rest in Peace FE6 Hector).

38 minutes ago, MyBoyHector said:

- Your favourite character is going to be killed.

Well that's just a given