If Chrom is In As An EchoFighter, What's Going to Happen to Robin's Final Smash?

So this is something that I thought of when it was noticed that Ike's Chrom Alt was gone during th E3 demo

Now nobody outside of Nintendo knows why, but it's always fun to speculate a little

so my theory is that if Chrom is a player character there will be another character taking his spot, however if there is no player using Chrom, he'll still show up in the final Smash. SO my speculation is that if Chrom is on the field he'll be replaced by Lucina, as long as no one is playing as her. So now I've reached the part where I have no guess as to who or what will show up, unless Robin's final smash involves summoning Grima for a field wipe or something along those lines. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd  probably  be Grima attacking, similar to Heroes. But I doubt Chrom will make it; since he's a "regular" sword lord; nothing has changed since the last title; thus I believe Robin's smash is the same. 

I imagine that Robin's final smash will either be replaced by summoning Grima's head to use Expiration or instead of Chrom coming in to assist another character (or even groups of characters since Shulk's and Megaman's final smash has more characters jumping in to attack) such as Frederick/Lissa/Cordelia/Owain will come in and assist Robin instead.

If Chrom does make it in as an Ike Echo, then I'd put Morgan in his place in Robin's Final Smash (Since children). If Grima is involved at all, then we're not playing the same Robin, so much of the dialogue would change.

Edited by Altrosa

3 minutes ago, Altrosa said:

If Chrom does make it in as an Ike Echo, then I'd put Morgan in his place in Robin's Final Smash. If Grima is involved at all, then we're not playing the same Robin, so much of the dialogue would change.

Damn, you just ninja'd me. x_x

Not sure how I'd feel about though. I'd much rather have Morgan as a playable skin. But I can see them using Grima for his new FS. Everyone who cares about Awakening knows about Grima at this point.

Edited by Baron the Shining Blade

57 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

So this is something that I thought of when it was noticed that Ike's Chrom Alt was gone during th E3 demo

Just gonna go ahead and say that Ike losing his Chrom alt means nothing when Marth and Fox still have their Roy and Wolf alts respectively.

That, and the fact that they had to make room for RD Ike.

As for the anwser to the question, a new Final Smash would involve Grima or Morgan, as others have mentioned before.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Just gonna go ahead and say that Ike losing his Chrom alt means nothing when Marth and Fox still have their Roy and Wolf alts respectively.

That, and the fact that they had to make room for RD Ike.

As for the anwser to the question, a new Final Smash would involve Grima or Morgan, as others have mentioned before.

to add, meta ridley was confirmed in the ridley trailer, he was not however in the E3 demo, so we may very well see more alts in the future, 8 alts was the standard in 4 and they probably didn't want to do any less even for a demo.

I feel that expiration makes the most sense, not that canon matters much in these situations, Ike has no equivalent to great aether in his games or even recent games, at least expiration could be a nod to something.

or they could just use a chrom alt for the final smash if he is an echo fighter, because everyone is required to have at least 8 alts for 8 player smash, and there would be no feasible situation where you would run out of chrom alts because you can at best have 7 chroms and 1 robin, that still leaves you with 1 chrom for the final smash.

Clearly, when Chrom joins the Smash, Alfonzo is in charge of helping in Robin's Final Smash.

Seriously though, I agree that perhaps he'd simply be replaced with Morgan or so. Or perhaps Robin gets a new final smash. I think the latter would be much more interesting, more so if Grima is involved.

Then again, it wouldn't matter much unless Chrom is actually confirmed to be playable... actually, it's also possible for Robin to get a new FS, but Chrom remains unplayable.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

If Chrom was an Echo Fighter, they would have already changed his Final Smash to show this. Since they haven't, I'd say that it's a safe bet that Chrom isn't a playable character.

I highly doubt Robin would us Grima in any form since Smash Robin doesn't appear to be possessed by Grima at all. 

My guess would be that we'd just get something based on one of their warriors moves. Morgan could happen, but I'm not sure.

Just now, NinjaMonkey said:

If Chrom was an Echo Fighter, they would have already changed his Final Smash to show this. Since they haven't, I'd say that it's a safe bet that Chrom isn't a playable character.

Have we seen Robin's final smash? The whole reason "Chrom is an echo fighter" picked up steam is we didn't see the final smash at E3 anywhere.

7 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Robin's is one of the few final smashes we haven't seen-- which is the biggest aspect of this theory. If we do see it and it's the same, then the theory is pretty well shot down.

1 hour ago, ZeManaphy said:

It'd  probably  be Grima attacking, similar to Heroes. But I doubt Chrom will make it; since he's a "regular" sword lord; nothing has changed since the last title; thus I believe Robin's smash is the same. 

That wasn't the reason he didn't get into Smash 4-- he was excluded early on due to being too conceptually similar to Ike. Complaints about swords are entirely from a vocal sector of fans, and to my understanding have never been brought up or referenced in any official interivews. Now, what are Echo characters again?

7 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I highly doubt Robin would us Grima in any form since Smash Robin doesn't appear to be possessed by Grima at all. 

My guess would be that we'd just get something based on one of their warriors moves. Morgan could happen, but I'm not sure.

Have we seen Robin's final smash? The whole reason "Chrom is an echo fighter" picked up steam is we didn't see the final smash at E3 anywhere.

I'm pretty sure Chrom was shown in the Everyone Is Here trailer with Robin, and Robin had the final smash aura. I could be wrong. 

Either way, I think they'll just change the character to another one if Chrom is in the game and is in the match. I think they've done something like that before.

2 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Now, what are Echo characters again?

It's a new official designation for some clone characters. So far the only confirmed Echoes are Dark Pit, Lucina, and Daisy. 

The exact line between an Echo and a "regular" clone aren't clear, but it seems that Echoes aren't being counted as separate characters in the roster. Exactly what that means I'm not sure, as I don't believe any of the Echoes have been playable at any of the demos yet.

Just now, Robert of Normandy said:

It's a new official designation for some clone characters. So far the only confirmed Echoes are Dark Pit, Lucina, and Daisy. 

The exact line between an Echo and a "regular" clone aren't clear, but it seems that Echoes aren't being counted as separate characters in the roster. Exactly what that means I'm not sure, as I don't believe any of the Echoes have been playable at any of the demos yet.

It was a rhetorical question; I know perfeclty well what they are. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

You all are missing the biggest point; we haven't seen Luigi's Final Smash either, which means that he has a new one and E. Gadd using the Poltergust 5000 is definitely getting in as a newcomer.

IF Chrom is actually playable then Robin will just use magic or whatever for his Final Smash.

I'd honestly love to see Grima as a final smash just for the sheer spectacle, even if Expiration simply turns out to be an expy of Aura Storm.

When Chrom joins the battle, Alfonzo is in charge of the Robin's final Smash. Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"

In all seriousness, I'm expecting it to be Chrom -> Another Awakening character if Chrom is already in the fight. I'm specifically imagining someone from the early game might get picked. Who knows, it may even be Virion AxeLissa

I'd expect Robin to use their Awakening move from warriors or something original Sakurai makes up.

I think Chroms chances of being an Echo are decently high since all the jokes at his expense of being too similar to Ike along with the Lucina and Robin trailer.

Sure it'd be another Awakening character, and I'm not the biggest fan of Awakening (I like Chrom though). But recall that we have 6 gen 1 Pokemon. I don't think that particularly matters.

21 minutes ago, Wolfpack said:

I'm pretty sure Chrom was shown in the Everyone Is Here trailer with Robin, and Robin had the final smash aura. I could be wrong. 

I just watched the trailer on Gamexplain's channel and didn't see Robin's FS or any FS aura.

Unless you meant the bit in the character overview, but that only focused on how Robin now has a meter to show weapon usage remaining.

3 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I just watched the trailer on Gamexplain's channel and didn't see Robin's FS or any FS aura.

Unless you meant the bit in the character overview, but that only focused on how Robin now has a meter to show weapon usage remaining.

it's been a bit since I watched it, so it might just be my mind thinking about Robin's first reveal in SSB4

58 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

There was a list of changes to the fighters during the direct though. Changes like updated Final Smashes. Now of all the characters to get a changed Final Smash, Robin wasn't one of them. Therefore, using basic logic skills, we can deduce that Robin's Final Smash hasn't changed at all from what it was originally.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

23 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Robin's is one of the few final smashes we haven't seen-- which is the biggest aspect of this theory. If we do see it and it's the same, then the theory is pretty well shot down.

That wasn't the reason he didn't get into Smash 4-- he was excluded early on due to being too conceptually similar to Ike. Complaints about swords are entirely from a vocal sector of fans, and to my understanding have never been brought up or referenced in any official interivews. Now, what are Echo characters again?

Ah,but it was. In the very interview addressing why he wasn't. I'm on mobile now and don't have it on me, but the general idea, to my memory, was that even though they could have made a moveset for him, he wouldn't stand out when compared to the rest of the swords cast, which is where the "just another sword" thing comes from. 

Palutena& Viridi trolled 'em so hard that peeps actually went with their interpretation it seems lmao

I'll verify this with the actual interview in question for you when I get home

31 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

There was a list of changes to the fighters during the direct though. Changes like updated Final Smashes. Now of all the characters to get a changed Final Smash, Robin wasn't one of them. Therefore, using basic logic skills, we can deduce that Robin's Final Smash hasn't changed at all from what it was originally.

don't you think they'd want to give us a surprise at somepoint

I'm pretty sure we haven't seen all of the characters yet