Other Bisexual/Gay characters?

In Fates we have two bisexual characters who are not Corrin, Niles and Rhajat. If there were more bisexual characters who do you think they would be and why? This is ignoring the fact that you would miss out on children obviously.

Rinkah: I believe that Rinkah could have been a bisexual character. In Japanese history, women would sometimes take on male roles in society. Becoming a blacksmith was a male role. When a female would take on a male role in society she became a third gender. This third gender was expected to marry a woman as opposed to a man. Due to this history, I think that Rinkah, a potential blacksmith, could be in a relationship with a woman, as a sort of reference.

Soleil: So I don't really think that I need to explain this one here. She clearly likes girls, so she should be able to be in a relationship with one.

Azura/F!Corrin: I could see this one, because the two don't become girly besties. They develop a close and serious relationship that could become more intimate. She's also path neutral.

Silas: He's a nice guy whose pretty dreamy, and a childhood best friend of Corrin. He could at least maybe cross that line with Corrin, even if he wouldn't have a relationship with other guys. (But as long as he's bi you may as well make some other options) He's also path neutral so he gives gay guys a sweetheart no matter which path they choose.

Benny: He doesn't really look like he'd be into guys, but his personality says otherwise. A strong woman would be a good match for him, but I could also see him forming a strong bond with a guy.

Kaden: He's cute and weird. That's all I have to say about him.

Keaton: Again, kind of cute and weird. He could be gay too.

I've always thought Azura and Silas were good choices, considering their roles and connection to Corrin.

Also I've seen people suggest Scarlet, and I probably would've paired F!Corrin with her in one of my runs if I'd had the option.

Azura, Silas, Jakob, Felicia, Mozu, and Kaze should've been options regardless of gender since they're on all routes.

Soleil is a given with how much she likes girls. Rhajat makes sense since she's some sort of Tharja reincarnation, who was infatuated with Robin regardless of gender. Niles was just kinda...random, and the implications of the abused sexual deviant being bi/pansexual are quite unfortunate, but he's handsome so at least there's that.

The Corrinsexuals should've also been options regardless of gender. Reina and Asura give that older woman/older man option to those who are into that. Scarlet has that tomoyish look that a lot of LGBT girls go crazy over(including me) and emulate. Izana is feminine, eccentric, and wears make-up which, while stereotypical, does represent a select subset of the gay male community and appeals to those who are into that style; Fuga on the other hand is the opposite, very straight-laced and masculine, and would appeal to those guys who really dig the manly/bear look. Throw Flora and Yukimura in there too for just the hell of it to round out the Corrinsexuals.

Edited by Talcinel

1 hour ago, BlueBloodEmblazer said:

Rinkah: I believe that Rinkah could have been a bisexual character. In Japanese history, women would sometimes take on male roles in society. Becoming a blacksmith was a male role. When a female would take on a male role in society she became a third gender. This third gender was expected to marry a woman as opposed to a man. Due to this history, I think that Rinkah, a potential blacksmith, could be in a relationship with a woman, as a sort of reference.

That actually sounds somewhat similar to how Native Americans would view gender, at least in that gender wasn't binary.  I don't remember for certain, but I think your gender was partially based off of your role.

Anyway, who I'd think would be bi/gay:

• Obviously Soleil would be bi, or just outright gay.  Goddamn you, Japan; homosexuality is not a phase.
  • Corrin's retainers, particularly Jakob.  Dude has crazy worship for Corrin.  Actually probably anyone who joins in all routes; I could see all of those characters being gay for someone.
  • The Corrinsexuals I could also see being bi.
  • Setsuna, if only because she just doesn't seem to care about anything, and thus I don't see her caring about the gender of the person she's bangin'.
  • Hana, she has spent so much time with Sakura that she could've developed feelings for her.
  • I think I could see Orochi being bi, maybe.
  • Leo just seems like he might be bi.
  • Anna definitely could be; with so many Annas around, at least one of them's bound to swing different ways, and there's already been enough plot convenience so us coincidentally getting the one Anna who's bi isn't so far-fetched.

Really, a lot of characters could be bi or gay.  The only ones I can't see being either are the massively heterosexual ones like Hinata or Laslow.

• I find F!Corrin's supports with Scarlet and Flora more convincing as a romance than M!Corrin's, so these two.
  • Azura/F!Corrin is just as glaringly obvious as the version you can make canon. (Don't tell me the one single mention of being m!Corrin's "lady friend" rather than "friend" in chapter 5 makes any substantial difference when the entire rest of the game is the same for both.)
  • Kaze and Felicia, mostly because I could see it and it would be nice (you could just make it "Corrin's retainers" in general but I don't care about Jerkob).
  • Orochi is definitely bi, and even knowing Fates "had" to let people pair anyone male with anyone female, I'm still baffled she and Kagero aren't canonically together.
  • In the same way, you will pry Hana having feelings for Sakura out of my cold dead hands, and I could very well see Sakura returning these feelings.
  • Elise decides to recruit people into the army and immediately goes for the lady who's dressed to seduce, telling her she's "way too pretty". I rest my case.
  • She gets it from big sis Camilla, clearly. (Yes, I know, Camilla, but if they write her as "liking strong women" and being flirtatious/possessive with them, they give up the right to protest if I read into that, even if it was for fanservice.)
  • I could see Leo as well, but I think he would have trouble coming to terms with it, considering some of his dialogue.
  • Selena has never been straight, either in Ylisse or in Nohr.
  • And I wouldn't particularly have considered Rinkah, but the blacksmith reasoning above sold me on it, give me that societal third gender option.

I second everything everyone else said. Seriously, at least Felicia, Jakob, Azura, and Silas should've been bi. I especially think that the "all paths" characters should've been bi. I agree with Hana/Sakura and they were honestly up there with one of the first S supports I did when playing through the same sex mod. And tbh, with Anna locked behind a pay wall, she should've been bi as well. For self-indulgent purposes, I'd really love it if the "obvious" pairs (Selkie/Velour, Leo/Takumi, Camilla/Hinoka, etc) had also been bi. I just think they're fun ships and S-supports as a whole are self-indulgent pandering. Honestly, I think everybody had the potential to be LGBT, but it might be because I'm viewing them as an LGBT person myself. 

In terms of personalities I do not think that several of the characters would have been bi. Soleil would have been fine to be bi, but overall the romantic options for characters are not necessary in general. Many of the S supports in general just really do not make sense considering the support that they come off of. I feel like bi/gay options would fall into the same category of some of these. Yes, some of them could be good, but overall I feel like they would fall into the generic, unnecessary category. Also this is coming from a straight, male perspective. 

I don't see the "Corrin-sexuals" being bi, as some suggest. They're only called that because for whatever reason, IS decided they should get very few supports, not because they have a strong bond with Corrin.

I'm going to conservatively stick to characters known to flirt with same gender characters or otherwise have a strong fixation. Soleil and Camilla come to mind, and Silas/Azura for their closeness with the avatar. Felicia and Jacob are also highly devoted but it's a little telling that they join first with the opposite sex avatar.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't see Charlotte mentioned at all, and I feel like given her primary motivation for flirting with men, she could just as easily do so with ladies like f!Corrin or Camilla to achieve her ends and maybe find love at the same time. 

Also agree about Silas, Kaze, Soleil, Rinkah, Scarlet, and hell plenty of others.

TBH? I feel like the best solution is probably to pull something along the lines of what Heroes did and just make everyone bi. Let players decide what the characters' sexuality is since we already get to decide who they hook up with anyway; why place further limitations on it? 

Honestly, disregarding Soleil, who actually flirts with her other female supports except Nina, a lot of this sounds like grasping at straws imo. Ignoring her, about the only character who could have a good argument for being bisexual is Camilla...