About a Jugdral remake...

Chopper...

... how do you think it would work? What plot elements or mechanics do you think will remain or change?

This is just for fun!

So, I honestly believe there will be a Jugdral remake in a few years from now. I didn't think it possible at first but then the Gaiden remake came, and if a Gaiden remake is possible, more so a Jugdral one; Seisen no Keifu is a lot of people's favorite entry in the series as well as one of my personal favorites too, and I'm sure IntSys is aware of the former.

That being said, there are certain elements I don't think will make it in this time and age, but that are nonetheless of critical importance to the plot of the game (mostly the incest bit). So this is how I think (or hope?) the remake could make it: 

1. Genealogy and Thracia chapters will be all in one game. FE4 and FE5 are games that complement each other, so much so it would be hard to sell them separately, as opposed to when they first came out, since Thracia was released 3 years later. Also, they're not really that long because of the limitations of the console back then, and this time the remake would be in the Switch. This is something I've seen done in other games, or like in the remake for Devil Survivor 2 in which they added a whole new arc where there was originally just one, so it is possible.
  2. I don't think the maps will be as big, although I actually liked that and would prefer it to stay. But generally speaking, people didn't seem to like that, so they'll probably make the maps smaller (I don't think they can divide them). This would also fit well with my two-games-in-one idea :P:.
  3. They'll tone down the incest thing, maybe turning them into cousins instead of siblings, since the important part is the blood more than how closely related they are. Although, I know the cousins deal is taken differently according to the country and culture. Where I come from, it's whatever, kinda weird but not considered incest.
  4. There will be no mention of sacrificing babies. They'll probably change it to older children or teens. Nintendo isn't ready to mention babies or toddlers; otherwise, if we were to be realistic, Garon would have tried to kill Corrin off since the beginning instead of locking them up  :P:.

As for the game mechanics, I think they'll stay the same and they'll blend some from both games, like adding that mechanic in FE5 about mounted units being on foot when inside a castle or similar.

But how do you guys think it would go? :lol: would you like a FE4/FE5 remake? Or maybe you think it would never make it into existence?

Edited by Chopper...
My english is not the best, sorry!

I would love a FE4 and FE5 remake, at the same time the idea makes me apprehensive. As I'd worry they might change too much about the game(s). Especially when I think of what was changed from Gaiden to Echoes. While for the most part I appreciate the additional details they added. I do not like that they changed it from Celicae and co. fighting Judah's forces and  Alm and co join forces. To Jedah captures and turns Celicae to a witch while Saber and co are fighting Terrors, Alm save's Celica and they join up with Saber and co.

Now I like most of what Echoes does but things like this make me apprehensive at the thought of a FE 4 & 5 remake.

I'm hoping for a New Mystery localization before anything with Jugdral, but should that day ever come...hopefully they remain as faithful to the original as possible. Though, there's no way they will leave in the incest or sacrificing babies. It's been a long time since I've played, so I can't think of much else at 6 AM, but if they did it as a package deal like you mention, that'd be sweet.

1 hour ago, SavageVolug said:

I would love a FE4 and FE5 remake, at the same time the idea makes me apprehensive. As I'd worry they might change too much about the game(s). Especially when I think of what was changed from Gaiden to Echoes. While for the most part I appreciate the additional details they added. I do not like that they changed it from Celicae and co. fighting Judah's forces and  Alm and co join forces. To Jedah captures and turns Celicae to a witch while Saber and co are fighting Terrors, Alm save's Celica and they join up with Saber and co.

Now I like most of what Echoes does but things like this make me apprehensive at the thought of a FE 4 & 5 remake.

I see. I do not like that either, specially because Celica is one of my favorite characters from the series, but I understand they wanted to be more dramatic... I wish it wasn't all the time about saving a princess but well.

I still think a jugdral remake is worth it, though :lol:

1 hour ago, Affinity said:

I'm hoping for a New Mystery localization before anything with Jugdral, but should that day ever come...hopefully they remain as faithful to the original as possible. Though, there's no way they will leave in the incest or sacrificing babies. It's been a long time since I've played, so I can't think of much else at 6 AM, but if they did it as a package deal like you mention, that'd be sweet.

Oh... you're right!! New Mystery is such a good, good game! I've been trying to make some of my friends play it, but they're not fond of unofficial stuff. Sadly, though, by the industry standards the Nintendo DS is sufficiently old to be discontinued but not  old enough to make ports of its games. I've only seen them making 3ds remakes for ds games, like for SMT Strange Journey, Radiant Historia, and many others, but frankly I like the game as it is and don't think it needs to be remade. A localized port doesn't look possible... but I believe in miracles :P:

A lot of the random exposition/catch up moments that happen on the maps in the original game would be in cutscenes in a remake and be stuff we actually see.  Moments like the marriage of a certain two characters, the coronation to kinghood for one of the said characters, the story of Velthomer's general strife, and other such moments - all made into scenes we get to view instead of long ramblings from random old dudes we don't care about.  Though I wouldn't mind the ending scene of Chapter 5 staying as gameplay, because

Spoiler

it's cool actually seeing the mages raining Meteors down on all your units, and seeing Arvis casting Valflame on Sigurd.

They would also implement supports as a replacement for the love system.  They might keep the exchange system from the original game - where you could only give money, and only if either your unit was a thief or if they're married - but the remake team might decide that's too outdated a system.  They might also balance things so that those with major holy blood aren't too OP, and so that horseback units aren't the best way to go all the time.  Though I don't see the substitute Gen 2 units being made to be on-par with the ones you get from actually pairing up Gen 1 units; I could even see Corpul and Leen being made into better units just so that you don't have an equal incentive to not pair up Sylvia.  Much to my dismay, as I don't approve of making a 14-15 year-old pregnant.

8 hours ago, Affinity said:

While I like New Mystery, I don't want to see anything done with that right now.  Because the only way I see it coming to the West is if they remake/remaster it again, which is something Marth's games don't really need at the moment after already seeing two DS remakes.

I'd also hope that if and when the time comes to remaster those games, they just make it a package deal just like the original Mystery did with its story and Shadow Dragon's story.

8 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

A lot of the random exposition/catch up moments that happen on the maps in the original game would be in cutscenes in a remake and be stuff we actually see.  Moments like the marriage of a certain two characters, the coronation to kinghood for one of the said characters, the story of Velthomer's general strife, and other such moments - all made into scenes we get to view instead of long ramblings from random old dudes we don't care about.

This is a good point!! Basically every event that is important to the plot should be made into a cutscene. Not with that weird fps that SoV has, though...

They might keep the exchange system from the original game - where you could only give money, and only if either your unit was a thief or if they're married - but the remake team might decide that's too outdated a system.

This is actually a mechanic I hope they keep, because it's very unique how every character has their own money. But it wouldn't make for a smooth gameplay, so in the best of cases they might keep it but change it or improve it.

They might also balance things so that those with major holy blood aren't too OP, and so that horseback units aren't the best way to go all the time.  Though I don't see the substitute Gen 2 units being made to be on-par with the ones you get from actually pairing up Gen 1 units; I could even see Corpul and Leen being made into better units just so that you don't have an equal incentive to not pair up Sylvia.  Much to my dismay, as I don't approve of making a 14-15 year-old pregnant.

Well, it was well known how broken the balance of the first games was, so they will certainly adjust that now. And as for the substitutes, I have played with a few myself since some of them are characters I prefer over the original descendants, so I expect developers to be fair with them this time around.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, those were very very good points!! :lol:

Before I start, I'll say this: the Jugdral games are both among my most disliked games, and they need a lot of fine-tuning to even be presentable gameplay wise. Simply put, if they try to remain too faithful to the original, I'm most likely saying "pass". Anyway...

-Do something about the money system - it is just too limited as is

-Tone down the holy weapons

-Get rid of Pursuit - it's nothing but a massive unbalancing gimmick

-Get rid of fatigue

-Nerf status effects

-Make Xavier easier to recruit

-Get rid of the no guaranteed hit or miss thing Thracia has going

-Do something about the over-reliance on capture

-Nix healing staves being able to miss - this shouldn't even be a thing, and is totally inexcusable game design

@Levant Mir Celestia Ill agree with you that fe4 and 5 especially are broken as fuck, but i'll disagree that that makes them bad games. the maps are tediously big in four, and status staves are stupid in both, though more stupid in 5, but i like infiniwarp. fatigue is bad as it is too, but is salvageable as a mechanic that discourages overuse. that being said, i still enjoyed my first run of fe4, and am enjoying my run of fe5. maybe its harder to see its faults on the first run but i digress. also, if they nix pursuit, then weight needs rebalancing, more than it needed in the original. either way, they probably should do most of what you mentioned in your post.

8 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Before I start, I'll say this: the Jugdral games are both among my most disliked games, and they need a lot of fine-tuning to even be presentable gameplay wise. Simply put, if they try to remain too faithful to the original, I'm most likely saying "pass". Anyway...

-Get rid of fatigue

-Nerf status effects

-Nix healing staves being able to miss - this shouldn't even be a thing, and is totally inexcusable game design

Yes, as I said before, the first games are the most unbalanced and broken gameplay-wise, something that was highly criticized back them, but IntSys no longer has such a severe problem (basically, since Shouzo Kaga left the studio. The games his own studio made later, TearRing and Berwick, were also criticized for the same thing, though).

As for my part, I have no doubt the remake would improve the gameplay to make it a lot more balanced and reasonable, since when it comes to said gameplay, they have been doing a great job with the remakes so far (this is my believe, anyway, but they no longer get the same backlash for it).

Thank you very much for commenting your thoughts :lol:!!

Edited by Chopper...

3 hours ago, (s)ad touch said:

@Levant Mir Celestia Ill agree with you that fe4 and 5 especially are broken as fuck, but i'll disagree that that makes them bad games. the maps are tediously big in four, and status staves are stupid in both, though more stupid in 5, but i like infiniwarp. fatigue is bad as it is too, but is salvageable as a mechanic that discourages overuse. that being said, i still enjoyed my first run of fe4, and am enjoying my run of fe5. maybe its harder to see its faults on the first run but i digress. also, if they nix pursuit, then weight needs rebalancing, more than it needed in the original. either way, they probably should do most of what you mentioned in your post.

I would imagine weight needs to be better balanced regardless - I mean, axes having 18 to 20 weight with one exception while other weapon types are much lighter on average is nuts. And then there’s the magic types - fire magic is heavy to the point where the weight penalty erases the WTD penalty the wind user would suffer. That’s disgusting.

10 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

-Get rid of fatigue

-Nerf status effects

You're not going to say anything about the gigantic maps that FE4 has? Especially since you've said that you don't like them in the past.

1 hour ago, NinjaMonkey said:

You're not going to say anything about the gigantic maps that FE4 has? Especially since you've said that you don't like them in the past.

I would, but I don’t think IS is going to do anything about them given their track record...

I'm very opposed to the idea of nerfing legendary weapons. They are supposed to be legendary so of course they are extremely powerful. Its when these supposedly godly weapons become only slightly better than the alternatives that I get annoyed with their power.  The way Genealogy is currently handling their legendary weapon is gameplay reinforcing the lore rather than moving against it. 

In a remake they should really change the persuit system. Having a units ability to double depend on a skill is just nonsense that cripples units just because they don't have the persuit skill. 

The tyranny of ponies should end. Either lower the stats of mounted units, increase the stats and moves of footies or give more anti cavalry weapons to the enemy.

I don't think any changes to the script should be required. Are the child hunts really that much worse than Garon and Co publicly massacring Hoshidans when they enter the capitol? The incest doesn't have to be changed either because its so clear that the games judges it negatively. Incest manages to breed back Satan into the world so why would its depiction be cause for controversy? Its hardly a ringing endorsement. Heroes also mentions these darker aspects and could do so just fine. 

Some better production values would be nice. The story was held back occasionally because the technology to properly show things wasn't there yet. The game also used the Shadow Dragon conversations system of it usually just being the lord who chats with his strategist whenever they take a castle. They can try a more interesting approach in a remake. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Not much will be changed about Genealogy. They won't change the incest, goodness knows Fates had plenty of that, and while it was never "technically" blood siblings, the fact that it was there at all means there would be little to no problem with the villain being conceived from an incestuous relationship. It's not like the game was even all that in your face about it in the first place. It doesn't exactly hide that Deirdre and Alvis are siblings, but it doesn't really revel in the fact either. You're expected to know by just paying attention, which isn't what the people that make these ratings do. They just do a quick search to see if there's any swearing or gore and then go on their way. The only thing I can see possibly getting removed is the reference to Leen getting raped, and in the same vein that could stay in as it's not all in your face either.

Regarding Gameplay, I expect they'll tone down the weapon weight penalties and maybe change the crit formula to a more series standard version, but everything else, the large maps, the broken holy weapons, OP Sigurd, money system etc will probably be retained as is. If they kept the Dread Fighter loop, Nosferateau killing Duma in Shadows of Valentia and the copy and paste maps in Shadow of Valentia, then I doubt they'd change anything that was seriously a part of the original game. As people have said, there'll probably be more plot scenes featured via the likes of Memory Prisms or something, and we'd no doubt get support conversations.

On the subject of what I personally would like to see, Thracia's movement stars on foot units would be boss. Changing Pursuit so it's a skill that works in synergy with a natural ability to double by lowering the threshold would gel well with my desire for continuity, even if it'd make little practical difference to the game. And as controversial as it might be (and I don't think will actually happen given Shadows of Valentia), I'd actually like to see an Avatar, so long as you can choose a minor holy blood to give them to open up a whole bag full of blood combinations that could let the player use some of the inaccessible Holy Weapons.

On the subject of Thracia, I'm much less certain how that will go down. As the bullshit in it would probably not be the thing they'd stay loyal to as...well it's just bad, even if the game is fun. What exactly they do and do not decide to change is a lot harder to guess though, primarily the forced deployment limits and inability to reposition units. It's really, really weird in the context with the rest of the series, but it's an important mechanic for a handful of interesting maps, Chapter 19 being the most obvious. I'd personally get around that one by adding an extra Gaiden into the game where you control Dorias as the lord instead of Leif.

Edited by Jotari

On 24/06/2018 at 2:15 PM, Jotari said:

And as controversial as it might be (and I don't think will actually happen given Shadows of Valentia), I'd actually like to see an Avatar, so long as you can choose a minor holy blood to give them to open up a whole bag full of blood combinations that could let the player use some of the inaccessible Holy Weapons.

On the subject of Thracia, I'm much less certain how that will go down. As the bullshit in it would probably not be the thing they'd stay loyal to as...well it's just bad, even if the game is fun. What exactly they do and do not decide to change is a lot harder to guess though, primarily the forced deployment limits and inability to reposition units. It's really, really weird in the context with the rest of the series, but it's an important mechanic for a handful of interesting maps, Chapter 19 being the most obvious. I'd personally get around that one by adding an extra Gaiden into the game where you control Dorias as the lord instead of Leif.

I would like it, I love customizing characters, adjusting them to create one that would fit my tactics. But maybe what IntSys really should do is make the Avatar character optional for future entries and remakes (not talking about the actual gameplay, which can be done with Robin, but in regards to the plot, which seems to be what some dislike the most). Before Fates, I thought it would be too complicated or heavy in size for them to make both a route with an avatar and another without it, but since Fates exists I know it's more than possible; it wouldn't even have to change the story that much (provided they don't make the avatar as fundamental to the plot as Corrin). Also, I've played other games doing similar stuff. Some would still be unhappy but it could work.

Thracia is to me the strangest game in the series when it comes to gameplay, but I actually like it's uniqueness. It's too frustrating, but fun. I don't think all of it would stay intact, thought, since its difficulty is sort of dated (this may sound weird but I believe games in general are a lot easier nowadays). If my two-games-in-one idea were to really happen, I think they would adapt Thracia to be more like Genealogy somehow.

46 minutes ago, Chopper... said:

I would like it, I love customizing characters, adjusting them to create one that would fit my tactics. But maybe what IntSys really should do is make the Avatar character optional for future entries and remakes (not talking about the actual gameplay, which can be done with Robin, but in regards to the plot, which seems to be what some dislike the most). Before Fates, I thought it would be too complicated or heavy in size for them to make both a route with an avatar and another without it, but since Fates exists I know it's more than possible; it wouldn't even have to change the story that much (provided they don't make the avatar as fundamental to the plot as Corrin). Also, I've played other games doing similar stuff. Some would still be unhappy but it could work.

Thracia is to me the strangest game in the series when it comes to gameplay, but I actually like it's uniqueness. It's too frustrating, but fun. I don't think all of it would stay intact, thought, since its difficulty is sort of dated (this may sound weird but I believe games in general are a lot easier nowadays). If my two-games-in-one idea were to really happen, I think they would adapt Thracia to be more like Genealogy somehow.

I'd rather they just do a decent job writing and including the avatar. Despite what their record shows, it's not an impossible task.

30 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I'd rather they just do a decent job writing and including the avatar. Despite what their record shows, it's not an impossible task.

That too, but I don't think the hate that the avatar receives is really in its writing more so than just the fact they are seen as an outsider to the game, a meddlesome character. This is something I find very weird, but anyway. I like your idea, it would be awesome, provided you can give them minor holy blood :lol:. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

On 6/24/2018 at 5:17 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm very opposed to the idea of nerfing legendary weapons. They are supposed to be legendary so of course they are extremely powerful. Its when these supposedly godly weapons become only slightly better than the alternatives that I get annoyed with their power.  The way Genealogy is currently handling their legendary weapon is gameplay reinforcing the lore rather than moving against it. 

Then I'd say to compensate, they don't make them readily available to just slaughter chump armies.  1st Gen does this fairly well by only giving those weapons on Chapter 4-5 (except for Gae Bolg, though that doesn't see much use either since Cuan leaves at the beginning of the next chapter), meaning you only get to use them towards the end.  But then in the 2nd Generation, you literally get one towards the beginning of the second chapter, and on one of the already dodge-tanky Isaachians to boot.

Making them not readily available doesn't necessarily mean making them show up only towards endgame.  I'm more thinking that they should be even more crazy expensive to repair, or that money isn't as available.  Just something so that you don't go "oh hey, I can just use this holy weapon on all these chumps and then fix it right up after several rounds in the Arena and some gifting from a thief".  Because while that's a neat little power fantasy, it's not actually all that fun in a strategy game.

4 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Then I'd say to compensate, they don't make them readily available to just slaughter chump armies.  1st Gen does this fairly well by only giving those weapons on Chapter 4-5 (except for Gae Bolg, though that doesn't see much use either since Cuan leaves at the beginning of the next chapter), meaning you only get to use them towards the end.  But then in the 2nd Generation, you literally get one towards the beginning of the second chapter, and on one of the already dodge-tanky Isaachians to boot.

Making them not readily available doesn't necessarily mean making them show up only towards endgame.  I'm more thinking that they should be even more crazy expensive to repair, or that money isn't as available.  Just something so that you don't go "oh hey, I can just use this holy weapon on all these chumps and then fix it right up after several rounds in the Arena and some gifting from a thief".  Because while that's a neat little power fantasy, it's not actually all that fun in a strategy game.

You can get a holy weapon in the actual first chapter of Gen II if you made Levin Arthur's father.

30 minutes ago, Jotari said:

You can get a holy weapon in the actual first chapter of Gen II if you made Levin Arthur's father.

To further trivialize the already piss-easy Chapter 6, that's right.  Combine that with the fact that he's got critical from Levin and could easily rack up 100+ kills, he could easily one-shot just about every enemy in the game without even needing to be seriously hurt.  Further enabling him to more easily murder his entire extended family.

Though I will say that living a power fantasy in that chapter in particular and destroying Lex's useless 1-range-only brother is just so satisfying after the soul-crushing end of Chapter 5.  I wouldn't mind if they kept that chapter easy in a remake just for that purpose.

A remake of these games is one of the things I look forward to most in the coming years, as they are some of, if not my favourite Fire Emblem games. Regarding my hopes and expectations/predictions, I'll tackle this in pieces:

First, the story, characters, script, and everything related. I really hope that they do not make many changes to the stories, including the details such as incest and child hunts mentioned. While some of these things could be altered without too large of an effect on the overall story, they still contributed to the mood or atmosphere of the story. They could change hunting babies and children, killing them in the masses and cruelly kidnapping them to kidnapping teens or older children, but the added detail that it was young children being killed makes the story darker, and adds to the characters such as Julius while also even adding to the plot. I'm honestly not sure what Nintendo and Intelligent Systems will choose to do regards these darker details and themes, but I've said what I hope for them to do. 

I also think that they will likely add in supports, which would help flesh out many characters and would be a nice addition to the love system already present. There are already quite a lot of character conversations with the chapters, but support conversations would really be nice, and seeing characters slowly grow closer through conversations would be quite an improvement to the love system that doesn't have much effect out of gameplay. 

We'll also obviously get the first official translation for the games, and I also wouldn't be surprised if they added voice acting. 

I don't think they'll make any major changes to the soundtrack, just increase the quality, maybe add some complexity or instruments here and there. 

The graphics will obviously get a huge boost from the originals, and from past remakes, as this will likely be on the Switch. It will be really interesting to see how this will look with 3-D or high-quality animations, especially if they add in fully animated story cutscenes like they have with many of the recent installments. 

One addition that I think would be quite nice, which would relate to gameplay and graphics would be making the castle towns to be fully explorable and 3-D, kind of like the My Castle from Fates, the villages from Echoes, or hopefully like what we see from the trailer for Three Houses, with what seems to be 3-D, explorable castles and areas, exactly how I would like the castle towns to be in a remake. 

I hope that the art style will be nice and fit the dark atmosphere of the games. An art style similar to Echoes would fit well, I think, or they could keep the old art style Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776 had, which I would be all for. 

Finally, regarding the gameplay, I do think that they will do something regarding the large maps in Genealogy. I was personally quite fond of the massive map, but I know that many others do not share my opinion. However, I do not think that they can simply make the maps small, nor split the maps into multiple chapters, particularly for chapters such as chapter 9 of Genealogy and others, where there is movement and things happening throughout the entire maps. However, I do think that there are ways to fix the issues present with the large maps without actually changing the maps. For example, to decrease the length of enemy phases, they could incorporate buttons to speed up or even skip the enemy phase like in other games, and/or implement a way for legions to move all at once. For instance, imagine a legion of 10+ dracoknights (or anything else) making a direct path for the player's units. Normally, you'd have to watch each individual unit move in the exact same path to get closer to your army. However, what if all the units in the legion could just all move as one legion, just all moving at once? I think ideas such as these would work well and could fix many issues without actually changing much or creating more issues. 

Some people disliked the absence of a trading mechanic, however, including one would honestly break the game and devalue the usefulness of gold, inciting even more changes to fix the many new problems that that solution would create. I suppose there may be a way to make a trade mechanic work well, but I think the remake should stay without one; I think it simply makes more sense and does the game good leaving one out. 

Though we know little yet of it, I do think that the formation mechanic present in Three Houses could work really well in a Genealogy remake, including visually representing each unit as an army, as that would really fit with Genealogy's story. 

I also agree with what you said about borrowing mechanics from Thracia 776 to add to Genealogy of the Holy War in the remake of the games, and vice-versa.

They could also add small chapters or sidequests to the games, or NPC's within the castle towns or something to make the castle towns feel more alive, though I'm not too sure on that last one. I'm also not sure if they will add items such as vulneraries in, but I'm leaning towards no. 

I personally hope that they don't decrease the difficulty, particularly with Thracia 776, though I suppose a difficultly option couldn't hurt things.

I am also very against adding an avatar, no matter how relevant to the story, even if it were like Mark, because it simply would not fit into the story at all, and would only hinder it, in my opinion. Also, what impactful purpose would it serve to the gameplay, story, or anything at all?

I suppose they could do with some balancing, though I didn't find too much at fault with the balancing as it is. Maybe just make fire spells do more damage and/or wind spells weaker. As it stands, wind, fire, and thunder tomes are all the same save for weight, making the only reason to not use wind is for magic-triangle reasons, but normally wind tomes have a distinct and clear advantage over the others. A lot of people seem to want changes with the Pursuit skill, but I'm not too sure where I stand on that. I personally didn't have any issues with doubling dependent on a skill, but I don't know. I am also mostly against legendary weapons being nerfed, because they are really supposed to be overpowered, and I didn't find them too game breaking. 

They could maybe add in a few weapons or items, such as maybe killer weapons, weapons that reverse the weapon-triangle, etc.? 

Lastly, I suppose they could make it less easy to boss-grind somehow. 

That's really all I can think of right now, so I'll end it here.

When it comes to a remake I think the writers should switch around the dynamic between Julius and Manfroy.

As it is now the brat king Julius is the careful one who wants to dispatch of Julia right away while we are supposed to believe that the evil mastermind Manfroy who has manipulated everyone has suddenly gone senile and insists to keep their biggest threat alive just for a cheap laugh. 

Those roles should be reversed. Instead the haughty and childish Julius should send Julia after Celiph because he thinks its hilarious while Manfroy, the sensible adult in the room would advice caution and suggests just killing the girl who's Julius biggest threat. 

2 hours ago, hanhnn said:

I want Ovo to have a bigger role there in the remake.

He's supposed to be even more powerful than Reinhardt.

According to where? Virtue of the fact that he appears in Genealogy and Reinhardt doesn't?

On 7/3/2018 at 9:04 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

When it comes to a remake I think the writers should switch around the dynamic between Julius and Manfroy.

As it is now the brat king Julius is the careful one who wants to dispatch of Julia right away while we are supposed to believe that the evil mastermind Manfroy who has manipulated everyone has suddenly gone senile and insists to keep their biggest threat alive just for a cheap laugh. 

Those roles should be reversed. Instead the haughty and childish Julius should send Julia after Celiph because he thinks its hilarious while Manfroy, the sensible adult in the room would advice caution and suggests just killing the girl who's Julius biggest threat. 

I mean, Julius is haughty and childish, yes, but he is also Loptyr at this point. There's essentially no reason for him to spare Julia; he's the one that knows the threat Heim's bloodline can pose, as opposed to Manfroy who obviously sees the blue-haired boy reconquering the continent as the far bigger threat. In addition, to spare Julia without drawing the Dark Warlords' ire, one has to take the long way around to Velthomer, while Julia's both endangering herself and others, then take on three mages with Hel and Manfroy's Fenrir. He probably considered it unlikely one would even reach him before Julia died or caused serious damage; on the other hand, Loptyr had the privilege of being personally destroyed by Heim. It's mentioned in chapter 10 how Julius considers Heim's blood more of a threat than Seliph also iirc, so it's not entirely out of the blue. He's less of a brat in this game than Thracia, too, so it's not as inconsistent as it seems, at least within Genealogy.