Favorite Dancer (refresher unit)

Favorite refresher unit  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite refresher unit in the Fire Emblem series?

• Feena
    • Sylvia
    • Lene
    • Laylea
    • Lalum
    • Elffin
    • Ninian
    • Nils
    • Tethys
    • Reyson
    • Leanne
    • Rafiel
    • Olivia
    • Azura
    • Luara

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/21/2018 at 05:00 PM

The dancer class is iconic of the Fire Emblem series and I was wondering that, even though they're numerous units with the ability to refresh a unit, if anyone had a favorite(s) that they wanted to share and converse about.

Guidelines:

• Give some sort of explanation as to your pick, it doesn't have to be long.
  • Reasons can range from gameplay performance, aesthetic, availability or  just overall appearance and personality.
  • Be respectful 

I was so close to voting for Ninian because of her design, impact on the story, support convos (esp. with Eliwood), and utility in FE7. However, I ended up choosing Reyson because I'm a huge fan of the Herons, and his own story is very unique. He is also an outstanding unit obviously, and his design as a somehow simultaneously feminine and manly heron prince is great. Go Reyson!

Gameplay-wise I tend to prefer the dancers who are able to take hits when needed thus Tethys, Ninian and Nils stood out for me from the games I've played. Tethys in one playthrough was able to take a hit from a berserker without facing a crit-rate which was something none of my other units could do hilariously enough, just because of that moment I kinda have to vote for Tethys the Tank. 

Azura's role in the story of Fates doesn't make much sense, but the story makes no sense either so I don't really hold it against her. I really enjoy her aesthetic though, both in her costume and her animations, and I enjoyed her icy yet witty personality in supports (in Japanese, she's kinda more open in English so that part of her charm is gone to me).

Gameplay and story wise, I love Reyson, Leanne, and Rafiel because they're useful overall and the story they have is just interesting.

Design goes to Ninian because of how graceful she is and just how kind and sweet she is. Also because her relatioship with Eliwood...love it!

If we're talking personality, and personal preference overall...I can't help but love Azura. Fates Story aside, which honestly made characters look bad when they were actually pretty good(like support Xander), She's graceful, beautiful, and is probably the one dancer that I actually used in battle the most. Not a powerhouse, but could at least take a good hit. 

I have more than one but I'm going to pick Azura because I play Fates the most.
Feena because she has a super playful personality. Most of her dialogue makes me laugh because of how silly she can be. 

Reyson because he is pretty much the opposite of what he looks like. 

Azura because she so serene and I think she's very attractive. Also she has some moments with her supports that are very cute(like the one with Kaden).

I voted Leanne because I like her gameplay wise and storywise.  I like how she bosses Tibarn and her brothers around and I like how she is able to refresh more then one person at once if placed right, though I like her brothers for the same reason, plus I like her supports with Naesala.

@eclipse

14 minutes ago, eclipse said:

This isn't a debate because Reyson in heron form is the best. :P:

Regardless, off to General FE with you~!

Can't fully tell if you're being serious or not, but if so how would I move this to the general thread?

Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, Sage of the Mist said:

@eclipse

Can't fully tell if you're being serious or not, but if so how would I move this to the general thread?

Thanks in advance.

Already did the move!

8 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

...I'm sorry, who's Luara?

So first things first I meant Lara, not Laura so I apologize for any confusion. Anyways, she's from Thracia 776. She doesn't start as a dancer but can promote into one.

Nils is just so adorable, hence part of my Sig. He also has a little depth and comes off to me as much stronger a character than Ninian. :Nils:

Reyson however is better on the whole. He perfectly blends his rough Tibarn-emulating personality with his frail, beautiful appearance (which isn't overly trappy) and graceful behaviors and Galdrar magic. He has some depth, with significant plot importance and screen time as well.

Ninian. I've never played game(s?) that she's in, except for Heroes.. and I really like her in Heroes. I spent nearly $100 trying to get her when she first dropped, and never managed it. I got lucky though and picked up her Bridal Alt and I am in love. I love her (Heroes?) design and I'm just a huge fan of ice/snow motifs in general. If not Ninian, then Inigo. I know in the main games he isn't actually a dancer, but I've always adored and enjoyed his character. I was so happy and proud of him when his dancer alt got added to Heroes. Seriously, a huge victory. 

If I had to pick from a main game I've actually played though, I'd say Olivia. I think her character is a picked exaggerated at times but I love pink-haired girls and I love her supports.

15 minutes ago, nyainou said:

Ninian. I've never played game(s?) that she's in, except for Heroes.. and I really like her in Heroes. I spent nearly $100 trying to get her when she first dropped, and never managed it. I got lucky though and picked up her Bridal Alt and I am in love. I love her (Heroes?) design and I'm just a huge fan of ice/snow motifs in general. If not Ninian, then Inigo. I know in the main games he isn't actually a dancer, but I've always adored and enjoyed his character. I was so happy and proud of him when his dancer alt got added to Heroes. Seriously, a huge victory. 

If I had to pick from a main game I've actually played though, I'd say Olivia. I think her character is a picked exaggerated at times but I love pink-haired girls and I love her supports.

Ninian, as well as her younger brother Nils are  from Fire Emblem 7 or Blazing blade, a prequel  to the Japanesse only game Fire Emblem: Binding Blade.

Reyson, not much of a contest. He's so cool because he looks graceful and kind like other herons, but is more the opposite because of how much time he spent with Tibarn. He even wants to be more like Tibarn. :P

Also, he punched Oliver! You go dude! That part was amazing and funny. XD