Lost Hope - Introduction, Information and Signup

Myu

Welcome to Lost Hope.

This is a Fire Emblem based/themed roleplay, aimed towards all different types of people, beginners or experienced. It's been running for a year and 1 month on its previous site, but we decided to move it here after things went south. A few members from the old site, including the GMs, have moved here as well.

And with that, we'd like to present your local GMs:

Myu - Creator, lead GM

Gigavoir - GM

Bill Cipher - GM

The GMs accept or decline applications, and are in charge of character moderation and story. If you have any questions for either of us, PM or hit up the chat thread!

Now, let's get into the real information.

The Setting (map coming soon)

Lost Hope takes place on the continent of Imoris, a large island surrounded by fearsome waters. Its three nations were founded thousands of years ago - many wars have broken out since, leaving relations between the three shaky and weak. They are as follows:

Thyr - The northwestern nation. Thyr is a plentiful region, littered with thick forests and wide, luscious grasslands. It's a peaceful place, with its inhabitants comprising mostly of farmers and city folk residing in the capital. They try desperately to uphold the truce with their less peaceful neighbour, that they are generous enough to bless with much needed crops and supplies. Thyr is currently lead by King Reynold III (Gigavoir) his two heirs being Princess Zira (Myu) and Prince Fyris (Bill Cipher).

Serall - Thyr's northeastern neighbour. There is a saying in Thyr, that describes the people of Serall: "The cold weather chills their hearts and turns them bitter." While the treacherous snowstorms and hard winters may not have an effect on the generally aggressive inhabitants, Thyr's saying is true. Serallians are not to be messed with. Most of the population are soldiers in its huge army, lead by two generals. They are fearsome and often short-tempered. Serall has battled with Thyr over land and more for hundreds of years. Serall is ruled by King Alexander II, who has yet to have any heirs.

Alathil - Serall's southeastern neighbour. Alathil is the final nation, and the most extreme in terms of conditions. It was "built" around an active volcano. There are barely any plants, wildlife is scarce, and water is a prized possession. It has a declining population of around 200 - most residing in the so-called "capital", Ikhiom. They barely scrape by, unable to farm on the dry, cracked ground. Most of their supplies come from  Serall, who will occasionally give Ikhiom a gift of crops from Thyr and barrels of water. They have no ruler.

Now, let's get into the most important part...

The Applications

The application form below is how you get into the roleplay. Characters will be accepted by a GM if they fit the standards - and there's no limit, so feel free to make as many as you want!

Spoiler

Important information to know first: Lost Hope does not feature stats. Battles are done in IC, and should be short and quick.

Any class is free to be used, although Lord and Great Lord are reserved for GMs only. So feel free to make a Heron Laguz or a plain old Mercenary!

Examples of boons and banes: 

Boon: Good at sneaking undetected. Very flexible. Wide knowledge of battlefield medicine.

Bane: Clumsy and careless. Spooks their mount easily. Obsessed with themselves.

A character must not have a boon that contradicts a bane or vice versa. E.G "Quick-footed and slick" and "Clumsy and careless".

Application Form

Name:

Height:

General appearance: (both pictures and descriptions are fine)

Class:

Armour:

Weapons:

Potions and staves:

Miscellaneous:

Personality:

Backstory:

Allegiance:

Relations: (Does your character know any other characters in the roleplay, and if so, how do they know each other?)

Boon: (A good thing about your character)

Bane: (A bad thing about your character)

Sexuality: (optional)

Notes: (optional)

Theme/Battle theme: (optional)

And finally...

The Rules

• Please do not be disrespectful to others when talking out of character. If you have a gripe with somebody, settle it in a civil way.
  • We will not tolerate sexism, racism, or any other form of hateful language unless it is part of a character's personality.
  • Please keep your posts at least one good paragraph long. Low effort posts make it very hard for moderators, and other members to reply to. Try to spice up your vocabulary if you're having problems.
  • Absolutely no godmodding, bunnying or metagaming. Fights must be fair and balanced. 

We hope you have fun participating in Lost Hope! IC will open when enough characters have been accepted. 

Lost Hope has been put on hold until further notice, due to issues with a GM. Characters will still be accepted, but the IC may not start until a lot later. We're sorry for any inconveniences.

Edited by Myu

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here, have a Fyris, madam

Essentials:
Name: Fyris Reynold
Height: (optional)
Appearance:
General apperance: Fyris has distinct short, spiky golden hair and brown eyes. He wears green and blue regal clothes, with a green cloth attached to a single shoulderpad on his right shoulder.
Class: Lord
Equipment:
Armour: Wears light leather armor under his clothes for protection. And also one shoulderpad on his right shoulder.
Weapons: Rapier
Potions and staves: 3 Vulenaries
Miscellaneous: N/A
Nature:
Personality: Fyris is a kind person who is very willing to put the lives and needs of others before his own. He has a desire to be strong so he can protect people, and as such commonly spars with the soldier in the Thyrian army. Unfortunately, he is most certainly not the brightest person in the world and is prone to making stupid and reckless decisions at times. He adores his older sister Zira along with his parents and would do anything for them. Also doesn’t much like you if you’re a massive prick.
Backstory: Fyris was born as the second child of King Reynold and his wife, after his sister. He loved watching the soldiers spar in the barracks when he was a kid, so he decided to train some himself so he could be stronger and protect his family and kingdom. As such, while given an education, he spent more time practicing swordplay than more formal studying. 
Allegiance: Thyr
Boon: Quick
Bane: Excitable 
Sexuality: Bi
Other Notes (all optional):
Notes: Bah
Theme/Battle theme:

Oh boy, here it is! :D

I can't wait to help introduce all of you guys to the world of Lost Hope. We've got a small but dedicated community already, complete with (of course) a fair share of memes and silly inside jokes. This RP started small and a little sloppy in its early days, but over the last year it really has grown, and I'm excited to watch it grow even more on this new platform. 

Cheers!

Essentials:
Name: Vain
Height: 5'9, or 175 cm
Appearance:
General apperance: Vain is rather thin, and most definitely underweight. Her deep blue hair frames her plain mask, which hides her round and attractive face, as well as her heterochromatic eyes, one emerald green and one steel grey. She has a thin shoulderspan, and would have a small bust if she didn't wear armor that completely hides that fact. Her ribs are all visible under her armor and her stomach seems non-existent if she ever removes her armor. Vain is seemingly built to run and only run, with muscular thighs and lower legs, all covered by armor still. She wears black leather armor and a cloak that is black on one side and has organic greens and browns on the other, to blend in with a forest backdrop
Class: Dark Mage
Equipment:
Armour: Leather armor
Weapons: Arcfire, elthunder.
Potions and staves:
Miscellaneous: She can conjure a fireball from thin air.
Nature:
Personality: Vain prefers to act rather than speak, although knows that both can be important at any given time. If at all possible she'll try and get money, either by looting the dead, by swindling dealers, or striking up deals. Her main goal, however, is to try and preserve her bloodline.
Backstory: "I'm called Vain because I used to think everything I ever did was "all in vain," which had stuck and become my unofficial name, the one that I use in place of my actual name. I thought everything was worthless because my entire family died and all that I ever did to try and find out why them, and everyone else that was in my village had died...I still don't know, even. Hell, I don't know where the village was or who lived in it. All I now is tat they are dead and I am not."
Allegiance: Well, if saving a prince gets her paid, so be it.
Boon: Lucky
Bane: Sickly
Sexuality: Bisexual. She prefers women, but knows that she needs a man for a family
Notes:
Theme/Battle theme: 

Essentials:
Name: Exitium
Height: 6', or 182 cm

Appearance:
General apperance: Exitium wears armor made up of several different plates, and with a nice fabric trim to make it warmer for when he's in Serall, but not too much. The Helmet has two horns and covers his entire face aside from a T shaped slit. His red eyes are visibly peering out of them. Under the helmet his face if thin, the face of a noble, not of a killer. His hair is a raven black, and his skin is pale white. He is muscular, always wearing armor and wielding a sword, but isn't too muscular, as he isn't one that fights as much as he rides circles around his foe and blasts them with magic.
Class: Dark Knight
Equipment:
Armour: A form of plate armor that is painted black with red runes decorating it. It's made of aluminum with steel chain under, so it's light and durable.
Weapons: A wind sword with Excalibur, a fire sword with ArcFire
Potions and staves: 2 Elixirs
Miscellaneous:
Nature:
Personality: "Nothing burns brighter than the sins of the many...aside from the sins of the few..." Exitium seems lost more often than not, and mutters to himself often...he will curse passerby's, he'll incinerate anything that stands up to him...the king has done his best to contain Exitium's violence and anger, yet not everything can be rid of so easily.
Backstory: Exitium has worked for the king and country for a total of 4 years now, as a means of dealing with people the king didn't want to. He has servants, he had parents once, but they are dead, and have been for a while. They were found, there intestines sprawled about, their chest cavities collapsed, yet no animal is known to be so savage and there wasn't a single track for miles. Cause of death was unknown. Exitium claims to speak to them every now and then, yet no one is around when he does...
Allegiance: Serall, as the Assassin of the King.
Boon: Clever
Sexuality: As if people are able to pierce the veil of death that surrounds him
Notes: As Exitium walks, it's almost like he floats. He leaves almost no tracks as he walks across snow or mud.
Theme/Battle theme: Normal: 

Battle?: 

2 minutes ago, Snek Overlord said:

Essentials:
Name: Vain
Height: 5'9, or 175 cm
Appearance:
General apperance: Vain is rather thin, and most definitely underweight. Her deep blue hair frames her plain mask, which hides her round and attractive face, as well as her heterochromatic eyes, one emerald green and one steel grey. She has a thin shoulderspan, and would have a small bust if she didn't wear armor that completely hides that fact. Her ribs are all visible under her armor and her stomach seems non-existent if she ever removes her armor. Vain is seemingly built to run and only run, with muscular thighs and lower legs, all covered by armor still. She wears black leather armor and a cloak that is black on one side and has organic greens and browns on the other, to blend in with a forest backdrop
Class: Dark Mage
Equipment:
Armour: Leather armor
Weapons: Arcfire, elthunder.
Potions and staves:
Miscellaneous: She can conjure a fireball from thin air.
Nature:
Personality: Vain prefers to act rather than speak, although knows that both can be important at any given time. If at all possible she'll try and get money, either by looting the dead, by swindling dealers, or striking up deals. Her main goal, however, is to try and preserve her bloodline.
Backstory: "I'm called Vain because I used to think everything I ever did was "all in vain," which had stuck and become my unofficial name, the one that I use in place of my actual name. I thought everything was worthless because my entire family died and all that I ever did to try and find out why them, and everyone else that was in my village had died...I still don't know, even. Hell, I don't know where the village was or who lived in it. All I now is tat they are dead and I am not."
Allegiance: Well, if saving a prince gets her paid, so be it.
Boon: Lucky
Bane: Sickly
Sexuality: Bisexual. She prefers women, but knows that she needs a man for a family
Notes:
Theme/Battle theme: 

Essentials:
Name: Exitium
Height: 6', or 182 cm

Appearance:
General apperance: Exitium wears armor made up of several different plates, and with a nice fabric trim to make it warmer for when he's in Serall, but not too much. The Helmet has two horns and covers his entire face aside from a T shaped slit. His red eyes are visibly peering out of them. Under the helmet his face if thin, the face of a noble, not of a killer. His hair is a raven black, and his skin is pale white. He is muscular, always wearing armor and wielding a sword, but isn't too muscular, as he isn't one that fights as much as he rides circles around his foe and blasts them with magic.
Class: Dark Knight
Equipment:
Armour: A form of plate armor that is painted black with red runes decorating it. It's made of aluminum with steel chain under, so it's light and durable.
Weapons: A wind sword with Excalibur, a fire sword with ArcFire
Potions and staves: 2 Elixirs
Miscellaneous:
Nature:
Personality: "Nothing burns brighter than the sins of the many...aside from the sins of the few..." Exitium seems lost more often than not, and mutters to himself often...he will curse passerby's, he'll incinerate anything that stands up to him...the king has done his best to contain Exitium's violence and anger, yet not everything can be rid of so easily.
Backstory: Exitium has worked for the king and country for a total of 4 years now, as a means of dealing with people the king didn't want to. He has servants, he had parents once, but they are dead, and have been for a while. They were found, there intestines sprawled about, their chest cavities collapsed, yet no animal is known to be so savage and there wasn't a single track for miles. Cause of death was unknown. Exitium claims to speak to them every now and then, yet no one is around when he does...
Allegiance: Serall, as the Assassin of the King.
Boon: Clever
Sexuality: As if people are able to pierce the veil of death that surrounds him
Notes: As Exitium walks, it's almost like he floats. He leaves almost no tracks as he walks across snow or mud.
Theme/Battle theme: Normal: 

Battle?: 

Accepted of course. Glad to see you made it over!

Essentials:
Name: Heath
Height: 5'9", but has a constant slouch/hunch so he seems shorter.
Appearance:6JgMhYL.jpg
General apperance: Heath is pale skinned, has dull blue eyes and his hair is messy, greasy, and in some places matted with blood from years of neglect and abuse. His once white ears have splotches of dried blood on them and definitely don't look white anymore. His "clothes" are nothing more than tattered rags that are barely being held together which luckily still cover what needs to be covered. Whatever color they might have once been, they are not, stained with all manner of dirt, grime, and filth. He is not very muscular or otherwise fit, and his body is covered in many scars accumulated over the years, even a few on his face. His rabbit form is not much better off, his white and black fur covered in filth and matted with dried blood.
Class: Taguel
Equipment:
Armour: None
Weapons: None
Potions and staves: None
Miscellaneous: Beaststone
Nature:
Personality: Heath is fearful, antisocial, and incredibly submissive. He will almost never try to stand up for himself unless pushed to the absolute limit. If given an order or told what to do, he will do his best to do it, as he was trained to believe that if he doesn't he will suffer punishment. He has an inferiority complex, seeing everyone as superior to him. If he feels he wasn't able to meet the standards for an order, even if he actually exceeds them, he will frequently punish himself, even refusing to eat food he doesn't believe he earned. Due to his terrible treatment, he is also quite oblivious when it comes to many things that people would normally know at his age.
Backstory: Heath as a child was happy and carefree, living in the forest with his Taguel family, unaware of the rest of the world. Of course, that peace couldn't last forever, as it came to an end when hunters came looking for one thing in particular: fur. They found Heath's family and quickly surrounded them. Heath, who was only eight at the time, could only watch in terror as his family members were cut down one by one. He was the only one left, sobbing, surrounded by hunters. Seeing how young he was, one of the hunters smiled, and rather than kill him, grabbed him roughly and carried him back with him.

Nearly as soon as they arrived at the city, he was thrown into and locked in a cage, sold off to a noble as a pet. He was treated cruelly, and as soon as the noble got bored with him he was sold off. This happened over and over to him, being traded from owner to owner. At age ten, he had a slight reprieve when one of the families had a daughter, Amelia, who was his age. She actually treated him kindly and they became friends. Sadly, as soon as her parents found out about him "corrupting" their daughter, they sold him off.

His life continued like this for the next ten years. Being sold off like an old toy nearly every month, always afraid of what his next owner would do to him. The older he got, the worse his treatment seemed to get. Some made him clean, or cook, or sit there and look pretty, or even dance. Some beat him until he passed out, either from pain or blood loss, some starved him until he could barely move, and some made him do much, much worse to satisfy their twisted desires. His most recent owner didn't even deem him worth the effort to sell him for money, and simply tossed him out in the streets of Serall, still in a cage, with nothing but his Beaststone and clothes ((if you can even call them that)), likely to freeze if nothing is done soon.
Allegiance: Serall out of fear, keeping himself alive
Boon: Calm
Bane: Unnaturally unlucky
Sexuality: Homosexual, but hasn't figured it out yet
Notes: Likes animals, and they tend to like him, but he doesn't think they like him.
Theme/Battle theme:

Essentials:
Name: Amelia
Height: 5'8"
Appearance:
General apperance: Amelia has fair skin, her eyes are deep blue and her black hair goes a little past her shoulders, kept out of her face with a black hairband. Her body is well built and quite muscular, leading her to have a masculine appearance, not helped by her flat chest. Her clothes are as plain as they come, and she wears light armor over it. She can be quite intimidating if she needs to be.
Class: Myrmidon
Equipment:
Armour: light leather armor that should hopefully protect her vitals
Weapons: Iron sword
Potions and staves: 1 vulnerary
Miscellaneous: none
Nature:
Personality: Amelia can be hotheaded and impulsive. She has a love for fighting against others, and has a slight cruel streak that is usually only seen in a serious battle. Other times she can be kind and caring, feeling terrible if she accidentally harms someone she doesn't mean to. She is incredibly protective of her country, willing to die to protect it. She can be a bit of a show off when it comes to her strength as well.
Backstory: Amelia was born into a family of nobles, but never was able to enjoy any of the perks that might have come with it. Her parents were both born nobles, her mother Thyrian and her father Serallian. The only reason they had her in the first place was to put to rest rumors that they lived a loveless marriage, and other similar rumors. Made for no reason other than to make a point, she was only really regarded by them as a "thing," a trophy, a token of their accomplishments, and was never shown any affection by either of them. She wasn't allowed to eat meals with them, was forced to wear uncomfortable outfits and look "pretty," wasn't allowed to have toys to play with, wasn't allowed outside unless under tight supervision, and was never even given an opportunity to make friends with others. To make things worse, her main parental figures were the servants told to watch after her, who still didn't treat her well, but if she was ever caught breaking any of the rules her parents were told, and they would personally come in to punish her. Being punished by her parents were some of the only times she ever touched them. She was frequently beaten, first just with hands, and later with more cruel methods.

At age ten her parents bought a "pet" in the form of the Taguel, Heath. When she found out about him she would sneak off to play and spend time with him, and he became her first friend. As soon as they found out, they sold him off. This was the final straw, and Amelia, who had grown to despise her family, ran away first chance she got. Alone, she kept running, trying to get as far away as she could. Eventually she was found and taken in by an old man, a former Thyrian soldier who, despite his age, seemed to be healthy and strong. After seeing him practicing with his sword, she begged him to teach her, where he eventually agreed, teaching her the basics. One day, he was called to return to the army to help deal with some trouble brewing, and she tagged along to the castle town. He made sure she would have some living arrangements, and when the time came for him to go she prayed for him. He never returned, and she learned that he was killed by a Serallian soldier, developing her bitter hatred of the country. Wanting to be able to avenge him, she joined the army, training hard everyday so she may become strong enough to get her revenge.
Allegiance: Thyr forever
Boon: Strong
Sexuality: Bisexual, strong preference for males
Notes: Has a soft spot for shapeshifters, can hold her alcohol very well
Theme/Battle theme:

Essentials:
Name: Markus
Height: 6'1"
Appearance:
General apperance: Markus is a tall, wide shouldered figure. He wears heavy steel armor most of the time, with a helmet that still leaves his face visible. His skin is pale, like most Serallians, and he has short brown hair. For a Serallian knight, his face is quite soft and kind, and his hazel eyes have a twinkle in them.
Class: Knight
Equipment:
Armour: Heavy steel armor
Weapons: Steel lance
Potions and staves: 2 vulneraries
Miscellaneous: A pendant from his parents.
Nature:
Personality: Markus is fiercely loyal to both Serall and its people, willing to risk his life for their well being. He has a kind heart, always looking out for his fellow Serallians. He is very protective of his country and its people, and while he may not agree with their usual cruelty, he would never dream of disobeying an order from a superior. If he notices someone down, he will do his best to raise their spirits. If he believes doing something will help his people, he usually won't hesitate to do it unless it would go against orders or end up harming innocent bystanders. He tends to be easily embarrassed by compliments. However, despite his usual calm and caring self, you would not want to anger him, as he can be quite destructive when angry.
Backstory: Markus had a happy upbringing. He was born in Serall and raised by two caring parents, who took care of him and wanted him to live a happy life. His father is a blacksmith who is renowned for the high quality of his work even by other blacksmiths, and his mother is a high ranking member of the Serallian army. His father wished for him to follow in his footsteps, and his mother agreed, because they both wanted to keep their sweet son safe. However, he always felt drawn to the army so he could protect the country that he so loved. His parents both kept him from joining when he wanted, so that he'll be absolutely sure he wants to join, but after a while they let him join at the age of 18. Since then, he's trained hard every day so that he can be the strongest he can and show his devotion to his country, receiving special training from his mother. He's been gunning for the position of general since he joined, and he wants to make his parents proud.
Allegiance: Serall, no matter what.
Boon: Robust
Bane: Clumsy
Sexuality: Bisexual
Notes:
Theme/Battle theme:

Edited by EeveeWarrior

1 minute ago, EeveeWarrior said:

Essentials:
Name: Heath
Height: 5'9", but has a constant slouch/hunch so he seems shorter.
Appearance:6JgMhYL.jpg
General apperance: Heath is pale skinned, has dull blue eyes and his hair is messy, greasy, and in some places matted with blood from years of neglect and abuse. His once white ears have splotches of dried blood on them and definitely don't look white anymore. His "clothes" are nothing more than tattered rags that are barely being held together which luckily still cover what needs to be covered. Whatever color they might have once been, they are not, stained with all manner of dirt, grime, and filth. He is not very muscular or otherwise fit, and his body is covered in many scars accumulated over the years, even a few on his face. His rabbit form is not much better off, his white and black fur covered in filth and matted with dried blood.
Class: Taguel
Equipment:
Armour: None
Weapons: None
Potions and staves: None
Miscellaneous: Beaststone
Nature:
Personality: Heath is fearful, antisocial, and incredibly submissive. He will almost never try to stand up for himself unless pushed to the absolute limit. If given an order or told what to do, he will do his best to do it, as he was trained to believe that if he doesn't he will suffer punishment. He has an inferiority complex, seeing everyone as superior to him. If he feels he wasn't able to meet the standards for an order, even if he actually exceeds them, he will frequently punish himself, even refusing to eat food he doesn't believe he earned. Due to his terrible treatment, he is also quite oblivious when it comes to many things that people would normally know at his age.
Backstory: Heath as a child was happy and carefree, living in the forest with his Taguel family, unaware of the rest of the world. Of course, that peace couldn't last forever, as it came to an end when hunters came looking for one thing in particular: fur. They found Heath's family and quickly surrounded them. Heath, who was only eight at the time, could only watch in terror as his family members were cut down one by one. He was the only one left, sobbing, surrounded by hunters. Seeing how young he was, one of the hunters smiled, and rather than kill him, grabbed him roughly and carried him back with him.

Nearly as soon as they arrived at the city, he was thrown into and locked in a cage, sold off to a noble as a pet. He was treated cruelly, and as soon as the noble got bored with him he was sold off. This happened over and over to him, being traded from owner to owner. At age ten, he had a slight reprieve when one of the families had a daughter, Amelia, who was his age. She actually treated him kindly and they became friends. Sadly, as soon as her parents found out about him "corrupting" their daughter, they sold him off.

His life continued like this for the next ten years. Being sold off like an old toy nearly every month, always afraid of what his next owner would do to him. The older he got, the worse his treatment seemed to get. Some made him clean, or cook, or sit there and look pretty, or even dance. Some beat him until he passed out, either from pain or blood loss, some starved him until he could barely move, and some made him do much, much worse to satisfy their twisted desires. His most recent owner didn't even deem him worth the effort to sell him for money, and simply tossed him out in the streets of Serall, still in a cage, with nothing but his Beaststone and clothes ((if you can even call them that)), likely to freeze if nothing is done soon.
Allegiance: Serall out of fear, keeping himself alive
Boon: Calm
Bane: Unnaturally unlucky
Sexuality: Homosexual, but hasn't figured it out yet
Notes: Likes animals, and they tend to like him, but he doesn't think they like him.
Theme/Battle theme:

Essentials:
Name: Amelia
Height: 5'8"
Appearance:
General apperance: Amelia has fair skin, her eyes are deep blue and her black hair goes a little past her shoulders, kept out of her face with a black hairband. Her body is well built and quite muscular, leading her to have a masculine appearance, not helped by her flat chest. Her clothes are as plain as they come, and she wears light armor over it. She can be quite intimidating if she needs to be.
Class: Myrmidon
Equipment:
Armour: light leather armor that should hopefully protect her vitals
Weapons: Iron sword
Potions and staves: 1 vulnerary
Miscellaneous: none
Nature:
Personality: Amelia can be hotheaded and impulsive. She has a love for fighting against others, and has a slight cruel streak that is usually only seen in a serious battle. Other times she can be kind and caring, feeling terrible if she accidentally harms someone she doesn't mean to. She is incredibly protective of her country, willing to die to protect it. She can be a bit of a show off when it comes to her strength as well.
Backstory: Amelia was born into a family of nobles, but never was able to enjoy any of the perks that might have come with it. Her parents were both born nobles, her mother Thyrian and her father Serallian. The only reason they had her in the first place was to put to rest rumors that they lived a loveless marriage, and other similar rumors. Made for no reason other than to make a point, she was only really regarded by them as a "thing," a trophy, a token of their accomplishments, and was never shown any affection by either of them. She wasn't allowed to eat meals with them, was forced to wear uncomfortable outfits and look "pretty," wasn't allowed to have toys to play with, wasn't allowed outside unless under tight supervision, and was never even given an opportunity to make friends with others. To make things worse, her main parental figures were the servants told to watch after her, who still didn't treat her well, but if she was ever caught breaking any of the rules her parents were told, and they would personally come in to punish her. Being punished by her parents were some of the only times she ever touched them. She was frequently beaten, first just with hands, and later with more cruel methods.

At age ten her parents bought a "pet" in the form of the Taguel, Heath. When she found out about him she would sneak off to play and spend time with him, and he became her first friend. As soon as they found out, they sold him off. This was the final straw, and Amelia, who had grown to despise her family, ran away first chance she got. Alone, she kept running, trying to get as far away as she could. Eventually she was found and taken in by an old man, a former Thyrian soldier who, despite his age, seemed to be healthy and strong. After seeing him practicing with his sword, she begged him to teach her, where he eventually agreed, teaching her the basics. One day, he was called to return to the army to help deal with some trouble brewing, and she tagged along to the castle town. He made sure she would have some living arrangements, and when the time came for him to go she prayed for him. He never returned, and she learned that he was killed by a Serallian soldier, developing her bitter hatred of the country. Wanting to be able to avenge him, she joined the army, training hard everyday so she may become strong enough to get her revenge.
Allegiance: Thyr forever
Boon: Strong
Sexuality: Bisexual, strong preference for males
Notes: Has a soft spot for shapeshifters, can hold her alcohol very well
Theme/Battle theme:

Essentials:
Name: Markus
Height: 6'1"
Appearance:
General apperance: Markus is a tall, wide shouldered figure. He wears heavy steel armor most of the time, with a helmet that still leaves his face visible. His skin is pale, like most Serallians, and he has short brown hair. For a Serallian knight, his face is quite soft and kind, and his hazel eyes have a twinkle in them.
Class: Knight
Equipment:
Armour: Heavy steel armor
Weapons: Steel lance
Potions and staves: 2 vulneraries
Miscellaneous: A pendant from his parents.
Nature:
Personality: Markus is fiercely loyal to both Serall and its people, willing to risk his life for their well being. He has a kind heart, always looking out for his fellow Serallians. He is very protective of his country and its people, and while he may not agree with their usual cruelty, he would never dream of disobeying an order from a superior. If he notices someone down, he will do his best to raise their spirits. If he believes doing something will help his people, he usually won't hesitate to do it unless it would go against orders or end up harming innocent bystanders. He tends to be easily embarrassed by compliments. However, despite his usual calm and caring self, you would not want to anger him, as he can be quite destructive when angry.
Backstory: Markus had a happy upbringing. He was born in Serall and raised by two caring parents, who took care of him and wanted him to live a happy life. His father is a blacksmith who is renowned for the high quality of his work even by other blacksmiths, and his mother is a high ranking member of the Serallian army. His father wished for him to follow in his footsteps, and his mother agreed, because they both wanted to keep their sweet son safe. However, he always felt drawn to the army so he could protect the country that he so loved. His parents both kept him from joining when he wanted, so that he'll be absolutely sure he wants to join, but after a while they let him join at the age of 18. Since then, he's trained hard every day so that he can be the strongest he can and show his devotion to his country, receiving special training from his mother. He's been gunning for the position of general since he joined, and he wants to make his parents proud.
Allegiance: Serall, no matter what.
Boon: Robust
Bane: Clumsy
Sexuality: Bisexual
Notes:
Theme/Battle theme:

Accepted, of course.

Here come my characters. I'll be adding the rest as the RP progresses.

Spoiler

Application Form

Name: Alexander White-Mane (totally didn't take inspiration from the Grey-manes over in Skyrim.)

Height: 6'2''

General appearance: Alexander, like every Serallian, is pale. His build is surprisingly muscular, having great upper body strength. His elbow-length black (but greying) hair is tied up into a loose ponytail, but is let down at more casual events. He has a stubbly beard that he shaves down every now and then. His eyes are slate blue.

Alexander wears dark, heavy steel armour that covers most of his body. It's worn down and aged, scratches and dents from weapons and creatures littering almost every inch. He has a tattered, grey cape that reaches his knees. 

Class: Great Knight

Armour: Heavy steel armour, covered in scratches and dents.

Weapons: Silver Axe, Steel Sword, Steel Lance (unused)

Potions and staves: None.

Miscellaneous: His lovely crown.

Personality: A strict but fair ruler. Alexander does what's best for his country, even if it involves promoting unsavoury people or risking his relations with Thyr. He tries to keep peace between the two countries, although his eager general tends to make the relations worse at some times. He tends to rely on others to do his dirty work - be it general Tharel or his personal assassin, Exitium.

Backstory: Alexander II was the son of Alexander I (obviously), the previous ruler of Serall. As a young prince, he witnessed a lot of war and conflict, and swore to fix the relations between Serall and Thyr as soon as he became king. And when his father died in a battle with the neighbouring region, Alexander had to take over and fulfil his promise to himself. 

It wasn't so easy. Being a king was hard. Serall was low on supplies after the short conflict, and Thyr refused to give anything to Serall for a while. Alexander had to resort to conflict to gain the crops his country so desperately needed. Serall managed to take a small area of unwanted farming land, but it didn't last long, as Thyr quickly wanted it back.

Years and years passed, with no conflict. Now Alexander is at peace, but he is suspicious of his new general, who is often reported talking to oddly dressed mages and cultists. 

Allegiance: Serall

Relations: A rival of King Reynold III for several years. He met the other king in battle and immediately began competing with him.

Boon: Strong and full of stamina.

Bane: Getting older and weaker as the years go by.

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Notes: DILF.

Spoiler

Application Form

Name: Zira Reynold 

Height: 5'3''

General appearance: Zira has a delicate and thin frame, appearing almost underweight. Her long, dark brown hair is left to sit around her elbows, but her fringe is often tied back with a headband or hair clip. Her face is soft and elegant, and her deep green eyes always show her kindness. Zira wears a pale blue, short sleeved "shirt", with a high collar and buttons leading from the neck to the base. She has two light shoulderplates, should she get into any fights. Her short, white pleated skirt is held up with a leather belt. She wears dark grey leggings underneath and has knee-high leather boots, with wedge heels.

Class: Lord

Armour: Two shoulder plates, and relatively thick cloth.

Weapons: Rapier

Potions and staves: Elixir (1)

Miscellaneous: A ring passed down from her deceased mother - she wears it only on special occasions.

Personality: Zira is a bit of a contrast to her brash younger brother. She prefers studying over fighting, and has barely attended combat schools, choosing to stay and read or write instead. The young princess is terribly kind - too kind for her own good, some would say. Zira trusts everyone and believes that any person, no matter how evil, can be redeemed in some way. She tries to avoid conflict whenever possible, instead deciding to solve anything with words.

Zira has little confidence in herself and her own abilities. She will decline any compliments given, no matter how true they may be.

Backstory: Zira spent her life in the halls and rooms of Thyr's castle, growing up with her younger brother, Fyris, and father, Wilson Reynold. She doesn't remember her mother. The queen died as she was giving birth to Zira's brother. However, she is always told how much she resembles her departed mother, and how she would be proud of Zira. 

Zira never fancied combat as she was growing up. While her brother would spend his hours sparring in the barracks, Zira would be sitting in the castle's library, reading book after book and writing up on various subjects. She still studies to this day, hoping to become an intelligent and well-liked ruler, in case anything should happen to her father.

Relations: Zira is well acquainted with a majority of the residents of Thyr's capital, as she wanders the town square often.

Boon: Calm and patient.

Bane: Too easily forgiving.

Sexuality: Asexual

Spoiler

Application Form

Name: Tharel Sharpe

Height: Dead on 6ft.

General appearance: Pale, with an athletic but muscular build. Tharel takes great pride in his appearance. He is clean shaven and his hair is styled into a neat, short cut that reaches the nape of the neck in length. His eyes are deep, brownish-red, and it seems his eyebrows have also been taken care of. His one discerning facial feature is a small spot just under the left side of his lip.

For clothing, the general barely wears any real steel armour. A noble's outfit, but not a soldier's (for reference, it would be most comparable to Camus/Zeke). A cravat around his neck a high, fur-lined collar, a black long-sleeved coat, tight but warm trousers, ankle-high boots and a dark red cape that hangs just above the ankles. A belt across his waist holds the sheath for his blade.

Class: Paladin

Armour: Nothing much, save for the thick fur that lines his coat, although that doesn't absorb much.

Weapons: Steel Lance, Steel Sword

Potions and staves: None.

Miscellaneous: Has a habit of collecting Aria's scales. He has quite a few locked away in a drawer somewhere.

Personality: To put it bluntly: Not a nice man, unless you're Aria. Tharel is generally egotistical and short-tempered, never taking a loss and always making a fuss. And by egotistical, we are talking about a man who admires and compliments himself whenever possible. A man who has no care for others but himself. 

Along with that, he is quite the megalomaniac. Being a general just isn't enough. Tharel wishes for so much more. To rule over every single nation, and to have everything his way (else he'll have a temper tantrum and break another mirror). He would be willing to do anything to become stronger, even sacrifice those closest to him. 

He is also a sadist, taking pleasure in the suffering of others. He will go around and torment members of the army or even public, leaving them flustered and him content. If you get very close to him, you may experience much worse than just a strange flirting session.

Backstory: Contrary to what people may think, Tharel did not grow up in a privileged household and was not spoiled rotten. Although his parents were relatively high-ranking nobles, he did not receive the noble treatment, save for private tutors.

It was nothing but suffering, as far back as he can remember. His father would do horrible things to the young boy, not limited to just a beating every now and then. Every day was suffering. His parents controlled his life, essentially treating him like some kind of puppet to kick around and assault. However, he had one escape. As a child, Tharel met the Manakete known as Aria. A resident of the castle, almost a royal treasure in the sense that she never left. They became good friends, and he snuck out to meet her whenever possible.

Luckily, the torture stopped when the young man joined the army at the age of 16. Although he pushed himself, training and training until he earned the position he yearned for: general. Just a year ago, the king of Serall had recognized the noble's talents and appointed him, along with another soldier that had defected to the Serallian army.

Allegiance: Serall

Relations: Very good friends with the Manakete, Aria. They have been for years. 

Boon: Strong-willed and loyal to his country.

Bane: Extremely egotistical and yearns for power.

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Notes: My boy. My best boy.

Application Form

Name: Noirma

Height: 170 cm

General appearance: c0f60c9f42d23414b04d7e284f791888.jpg

Class: Maid

Armour: Just her uniform

Weapons: Steel dagger

Potions and staves: Mend

Miscellaneous: She has a penchant of singing.

Personality: While she can be very dedicated towards her job and while she can be very nice towards others, she does have her darker side. One that mainly focusses on cutting, stabbing and blood, lots of blood. She seems to be nicer towards men then women.

Backstory: Born in a familiy of 6 childeren and raised in Ikhiom where their parents couldn`t care for them and send them out as soon as they could. Noirma`s 'tenacy' to kill any small animal that she encountered, including her little brother`s pet rabbit,  didn`t help the matter. While her siblings did their own things, she traveled to Serall for work. She has gotten a job a maid of the royal familiy there...............Did anyone notice the large amount of dead birds around the royal palace?

Allegiance: Even though she works for the Serallian royalty, she is still loyal for her birthplace of Alathil

Relations: She is a servant of Alexander. As she is quite lowranking, she doesn`t expect him to know her name.

Boon: Deft

Bane: Unlucky

Sexuality: Bi-curious androphilic

Notes: She might be the unluckiest person in the world

Theme/Battle theme:

Edited by E-drago
TOO MUCH MAIDS!

5 minutes ago, E-drago said:

Is it working now?

Yep. So she's good to go. I'm deciding to be lenient with acceptance for now, but later on you might have to make it a bit more juicy.

4 minutes ago, E-drago said:

In which way?

Generally, just more information. Yours is fine enough, but I feel like we have to set a nice standard for the people here... Eheh.

I see. The existance of more than one Lord means there will be more than one "story routes" because each route needs their own lord. It made us more curious and hard to wait... :D:

Btw....about Tharel's Boon and Bane, I don't understand how it works since he is not a special or unique characters like the kings and the lords.

Edited by illegal knight

12 minutes ago, illegal knight said:

Allow me give a one....

Essentials:
Name: Valeria
Height: 5'7"
Appearance:
General apperance: (like the pic.)
Class: General
Equipment: Large Shield
Armour: Wears heavy armor (like the pic.)
Weapons: Iron Lance, Iron Axe
Potions and staves: 1 Elixir
Miscellaneous: Hoplon Guard
Nature:
Personality: A stern lady in armor who won't tolerates any undiscipline behaviours. She seems too hard from outside but she is truly gentle inside. She willing to protects any allies since she afraid that she might lost any precious friend that so dear for her.
Backstory: Valeria born in the military family which served the royalties since her great great grandmother. Her maternal family distinguished as having the most natural talent as armour knights while their unique bloodlines made their appearance would be never seems bulkier or muscular when they not wearings their heavy mails.
Boon: Sturdy
Bane: Slow
Sexuality: Straight
Notes : she has innate and unremovable Armor Shield as her personal Skill.

images(2).jpeg

She seems nice! Valeria is accepted.

IC will start when we have one more member!

On 6/23/2018 at 5:11 AM, Myu said:

She seems nice! Valeria is accepted.

IC will start when we have one more member!

Thanks. And sorry, Valeria has been canceled her registration since I have no idea if the character's Skills are forbidden here.

Edited by illegal knight

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2018 at 7:12 PM, Poimagic said:

Is it still possible to join this, or is it full right now?

Myu is currently thinking that moving the RP to here was too hasty, and is currently ignoring this while she is contemplating how much she really wants to move here from the more toxic forum that we came from.