Jump to content
Peter The Cool

What happens to Thria at the end of the game?

Recommended Posts

Thria is the territory of Lycia that had , Hector's half-brother, Orun in power as the marquess. But, since Orun dies, who become ruler? Does the title go to Liina, or the the game not say?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably the same as with Santaroz when their marquess died. The League lord meet to pick a new lord.

Orun is weird. You'd think his status as Hector's half brother would have given him a spot in Blazing Sword. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Orun is weird. You'd think his status as Hector's half brother would have given him a spot in Blazing Sword. 

Not necessarily; Orun may be Hector's half-brother, but he's a minor character as far as the plot goes. From a narrative standpoint, Blazing Sword is really more of a side story to Binding Blade anyway; it's unlikely that characters like Orun would have had much relevance to Blazing Sword's plot.

Blazing Sword was a separate and mostly self-contained series of events that involved a relatively small number of people, and that didn't really affect the entire continent as a whole other than the death of Hector's brother and the elevation of Eliwood and Hector as major political figures in the Lycian League.

Edited by GamerX51
Point clarification and ease of reading edits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, GamerX51 said:

Not necessarily; Orun may be Hector's half-brother, but he's a minor character as far as the plot goes. From a narrative standpoint, Blazing Sword is really more of a side story to Binding Blade anyway; it's unlikely that characters like Orun would have had much relevance to Blazing Sword's plot.

Blazing Sword was a separate and mostly self-contained series of events that involved a relatively small number of people, and that didn't really affect the entire continent as a whole other than the death of Hector's brother and the elevation of Eliwood and Hector as major political figures in the Lycian League.

But Orun is practically alone in his status as a relative of a Binding Blade character that's not expanded upon. Every time Blazing Sword had to shove a relative of a Binding Blade character into the plot they did it. 

A lot of minor character like Giese, the twins or Niime got their relatives shown in Blazing Sword so its odd that Hector with his new status as main character wouldn't get the same treatment when the player already knows he's got a brother who's also a lord. Orun being a side character would have been fine and rather justified since he barely exists in 6. Just a squire who rides up to Eliwoods camp one day and insists to help his bro out would have done the trick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

 Every time Blazing Sword had to shove a relative of a Binding Blade character into the plot they did it. 

Giese, the Twins, and Niime were characters whose stories in Binding Blade were intimately tied to the stories of their parents, which were being told in Blazing Sword. Orun has no similar Narrative thread to connect him to the events of Blazing Sword other than the fact that he's Hector's half brother.

Putting him in Blazing Sword would have taken narrative focus away from Hector, which would have been a bad idea from IS's perspective.

Edited by GamerX51

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, GamerX51 said:

Giese, the Twins, and Niime were characters whose stories in Binding Blade were intimately tied to the stories of their parents, which were being told in Blazing Sword. Orun has no similar Narrative thread to connect him to the events of Blazing Sword other than the fact that he's Hector's half brother.

Putting him in Blazing Sword would have taken narrative focus away from Hector, which would have been a bad idea from IS's perspective.

Focusing on him a large deal would have taken the narrative focus away from Hector, but the fact that he allegedly doesn't exist at all in Blazing Blade when he's the main characters brother is egregious. It'd be like if Marth turned out to have a brother in a sequel set thirty years later who just never happened to be have been mentioned in the previous game. Reverse the continuity of the two games and the brother comes out of bloody nowhere. You'd think there'd be a single reference to him in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All Orun needs is one or two lines where Hector or Uther brings him up. Then he wouldn't be completely out of the blue.

My belief is that Thria falls under another house's sovereignty (Ostia? Pherae?) at least until the end of the war.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless Orun had an heir (hard to say, Binding Blade itself doesn't flesh out Orun beyond being Hector's half-brother), it's likely Thria went under direct Ostian administration. Considering what happens to Santaruz, Caelin if Lyn leaves Lycia, and I think Cromwell (or whatever the name was for the house Priscilla and Raven come from), it seems that is the norm for the Lycian League if one territory ends up with its Marquess dead and with no heirs.

You know, I find it kinda amusing. Binding Blade barely mentioned anything about Orun at all. Come the prequel, instead of fleshing out Orun considering his importance lore-wise, they instead give Hector a new brother and develop him instead over Orun. Considering all other characters who in Binding Blade were only mentioned or simply exist by logical conclusion, who ended up having some importance in Blazing Sword, I do find it a bit bizarre Orun wasn't one of them. More so when you consider his situation mirrors the Araphen Orphanage's caretaker, who does appear in Blazing Blade. Well, it's only heavily implied Lucius is that guy, but if he truly is, then he becomes a big contrast to Orun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish the game talked more about about the Lycian League, and the other marquess. The only thing we know is that if Roy and Lilina get together they make the Lycian Kingdom, and I feel like that is a missed opportunity. We hardly see anything government related in Fire Emblem, this could have been a cool time to see how the marquess run the country. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having not played FE6 yet, so this bit of information is news to me. Although on examination of the script, Orun is only spoken of in one chapter and is dead before ever being seen. The chapter seems rather fillery too.

 

If I had to guess, besides being so forgettable, having Orun would undermine the Hector-Uther bond that FE7 hammers home. If Hector has another brother, even a half-brother, who is still alive in FE7, then it makes the death of Uther not so terrible for Hector, since he would still have a sibling alive.

Of course, Uther doesn't exist at all in FE6 right? If anything he is the unnecessary brother. Although you couldn't quite just remove Uther and insert Orun in his place. Since there can be no brother death, and therefore Orun cannot be Hector's older brother. I'd expect Ostia, the leading territory of Lycia, to go to the eldest son as his "gift", and I'd assume his shared parent to be the father who bequeathes his fiefs to his sons, in this case the unshared mother would be Thrian. Unless they made Orun older than Hector but a bastard, that could upset the rules of inheritance. An interesting alternative scenario.

 

It might be in FE6's best interest in a remake to retcon Orun into a cousin, that'd resolve the issues created by FE7, since a cousin is not the same as a brother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Having not played FE6 yet, so this bit of information is news to me. Although on examination of the script, Orun is only spoken of in one chapter and is dead before ever being seen. The chapter seems rather fillery too.

 

If I had to guess, besides being so forgettable, having Orun would undermine the Hector-Uther bond that FE7 hammers home. If Hector has another brother, even a half-brother, who is still alive in FE7, then it makes the death of Uther not so terrible for Hector, since he would still have a sibling alive.

Of course, Uther doesn't exist at all in FE6 right? If anything he is the unnecessary brother. Although you couldn't quite just remove Uther and insert Orun in his place. Since there can be no brother death, and therefore Orun cannot be Hector's older brother. I'd expect Ostia, the leading territory of Lycia, to go to the eldest son as his "gift", and I'd assume his shared parent to be the father who bequeathes his fiefs to his sons, in this case the unshared mother would be Thrian. Unless they made Orun older than Hector but a bastard, that could upset the rules of inheritance. An interesting alternative scenario.

 

It might be in FE6's best interest in a remake to retcon Orun into a cousin, that'd resolve the issues created by FE7, since a cousin is not the same as a brother.

They could have given Uther's plot line to Orun only instead of dying, he just becomes too inform to rule the likes of Ostia. Hector still goes through the arc of having to accept responsibility that he never expected and his brother doesn't get hit so hard with the ludicrously fast working soap opera disease of tragedy (although I do rather like that they killed Uther despite that whole plot line being monstrously pushed to the side).

 

Also my spell checker insists Orun is better spelled as itunes...

 

Edited by Jotari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...