Teen Choice Awards

Lushen

So FEH was nominated for the Teen Choice Awards for some reason.  Now you might be thinking - there's no way we can beat Mario, BotW, Overwatch, and Fornite.  But there is.  Unlike the aforementioned games, we might actually get something for getting them to win and most people probably dont have any incentive to vote for the game.  So retweet, maybe we'll get lucky.  So far we've got over twice as many votes as Fortnite - but this is the first day.  Of course we may not get orbs even if it wins, but we can hope.

Edited by Lushen

Heh, mildly amused that they tag in the subreddit's Twitter instead of the official one (presumably because there's no official English one). Would be nice to get some award orbs since we didn't get any for SXSW (even if my teen years are now a decade-and-a-half past) but alas I am not on the Twitters.

It would have been an honest vote too because I've played the other titles for maybe a total of three hours combined.

Why should we vote for FE Heroes over Loz Breath of the Wild or Mario Odyssey?  I mean, it's a good game by mobile standards, but it's not a pinnacle of human achievement like Breath of the Wild.  But then again, seeing the categories on that site, I find it hard to take these "awards" seriously.  "Choice Hissy Fit"!?

It's this page, right?  According to Wikipedia, it's for people aged 13 to 19.  But I logged in with Facebook, with my (over 19) account and it didn't stop me from voting BotW.

I don't know where you got those statistics, but it's amusing that it's doubling Fortnite.

3 hours ago, Lushen said:

Of course we may not get orbs even if it wins, but we can hope.

Sounds like a pretty corrupt reason to vote for it.  But honestly, I wouldn't even hope.  How would Nintendo/IS even know who voted for them?

9 minutes ago, Electric-Gecko said:

Sounds like a pretty corrupt reason to vote for it.  But honestly, I wouldn't even hope.  How would Nintendo/IS even know who voted for them?

They give all players free stuff whenever there's a bug or the game receives a reward

Edited by silveraura25

I did the 'retweet' kind of vote for Odyssey. At least I'm 20.

As for why I went Odyssey over Heroes, Odyssey was a fun romp I have a massive playtime on and wanted to replay right after, while Heroes is a game I feel almost negatively addicted to and get legitimately disgusted by some of the designs and decisions.

4 hours ago, Electric-Gecko said:

Yea, I mean to be entirely honest I have very little repsect for award shows and I kind of think they're bringing it upon themselves to put a mobile game who has previously given us rewards for winning award shows as a nomination. And to me having a retweet event to determine the winner is just silly.  Especially when they probably don't even verify that the submission is from a teen (I'm 23).  For one thing twitter has a demographic bias from many different angels.  I do think FEH is better than most of the games up there though - perhaps BotW is higher quality but that game is probably too old to win as a single player title.

Edited by Lushen

I'd like to note that you can vote up to 10 times per day, per platform (so 10 times on Twitter & Facebook each). Also, despite what others have said, the only age restriction listed in the FOX rules is that you have to be 13 or older. So anyone of any age above 13 can vote.

I think it would be hilarious if FEH won and beat out Fortnite! But I also have no intention of voting in something so stupid and pointless. I don't even Twitter, since I'm of the opinion that Twitter is mostly garbage.

But go FEH! Free orbs would be nice!

I wonder if IS would celebrate in any way if heroes won?

I really don't care about teen choice awards, but it seems funny enough to see a very japanese game win an american awards show, then again persona V did pretty well at the game awards last year, though one could argue that the game awards isn't the most mainstream awards show out there.

23 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I wonder if IS would celebrate in any way if heroes won?

I really don't care about teen choice awards, but it seems funny enough to see a very japanese game win an american awards show, then again persona V did pretty well at the game awards last year, though one could argue that the game awards isn't the most mainstream awards show out there.

Last year we got 2017 feathers and 20 orbs - but for a different rewards. IIRC this happened twice but I cant remember what the award shows were.  I think DICE was one of them.

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:47 AM, Glennstavos said:

Do they slime people at these things?

I want to see a developer get slimed.

Double Dare-style? That would be awesome lol.

To self: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Way to go there, showing your age by understanding the reference... :lol:

18 hours ago, UNLEASH IT said:

but you can never underestimate the power of obsessive weeaboos.

I will take that as a compliment. Waifus for laifu for weeaboos!

22 hours ago, Astellius said:

I'd like to note that you can vote up to 10 times per day, per platform (so 10 times on Twitter & Facebook each). Also, despite what others have said, the only age restriction listed in the FOX rules is that you have to be 13 or older. So anyone of any age above 13 can vote.

I thought I can only retweet it once and that is it. Time to get back to voting!