Questions regarding save transfers

So I just got a decent enough laptop to use Dolphin on, and have been playing through a translated version of the Japanese version of Path of Radiance to eventually play through Maniac mode (I've been playing on Hard Mode to get myself reacquainted with the game).  Anyway, regarding transferring Path of Radiance clear saves to Radiant Dawn, is it possible to do it on Dolphin?  And if so, will I have to download a Japanese version of Radiant Dawn or can I transfer saves to a localized version of Radiant Dawn?

1 hour ago, bethany81707 said:

I believe transfers are region locked. I've experimented with US/EU copies of both games and I don't even think the EU copy of PoR recognises US PoR save data.

If so, does the Japanese version of Radiant Dawn have an option for English text or am I just screwed in that regard?  If so, then I'll have to download a localized ISO of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.

100% your Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn regions need to align. My North American Path of Radiance save file couldn't transfer with my PAL Radiant Dawn copy.

I'm pretty confident that Dolphin can read Path of Radiance saves for data transfer purposes.

I would recommend playing a North American / PAL Radiant Dawn if you can though - there are many gameplay differences from the Japanese version that probably make it a more enjoyable experience.

7 hours ago, Dean said:

100% your Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn regions need to align. My North American Path of Radiance save file couldn't transfer with my PAL Radiant Dawn copy.

I'm pretty confident that Dolphin can read Path of Radiance saves for data transfer purposes.

I would recommend playing a North American / PAL Radiant Dawn if you can though - there are many gameplay differences from the Japanese version that probably make it a more enjoyable experience.

Alright then.

• 4 years later...