June's Legendary Hero Arrives! Hector: Marquess of Ostia (June 28 ~ July 5)

Coolmanio

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I have to say is this.

10 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

EDIT: It's fucking Hector.

*facepalm*

You know, IS, Elibe pandering all year REALLY isn't any better than Awakenohr pandering all of last year. Poor Eliwood.

EDIT: It's also kind of annoying that this year's non-Veronica CYL winners, due to just timing and stuff, are getting a lot more cool shit than Ike, Roy, and heck ... even Lucina at this point ever got. How did number one and two male favorites last year get less pandering than Hector, number three favorite male by all technicality did? Because timing. 

Edited by Sunwoo

So it really was the most obvious pick in Hector. I hoped it would be someone a bit more interesting like the Nifl brother, or at the very least, older Hector from FE6, but any Hector does still make sense. Also, this kills everyone's theory that each game would only get one legendary since both Lyn and Hector are obviously from the same game.

I'm not into him though, so I'm pulling a few colorless for Elise. I still really would like to have her.

Edited by Anacybele

Also, no New Year's Camilla but Leif instead? Huh. I'm not super interested in Tharja, and I already have a perfect Leif (and a built neutral Ike). Will likely skip reds. Why does blue have to have two characters I already have good copies of and a character I still need aaaaaaaa

EDIT: Also, I just realized no Christmas Lissa either. The heck? I'll probably skip green then, since I only wanted to pull green for Lissa.

EDIT2: Jeez, what the hell am I even pulling for on this banner? Colorless for Roy (wouldn't be upset at getting Grima, wouldn't cry about getting a better Elise), and blue for Ephraim. This banner ... feels very lackluster for me.

Edited by Sunwoo

NOOOOO! I JUST USED SO MANY ORBS TODAY! WHY DIDN'T I WAIT FOR THIS VIDEO TO DROP. :( Man, that stinks. I really hope I can get him. I'm honestly surprised that they'd do two characters from a single series, especially Hector. Then again, he's very popular. I-I hope that this at least means Eliwood gets to be a Legendary Hero. He's really gotten shafted and it makes me sad, as he's my favorite of the trio. Still though, this is awesome. I didn't even finish the video though, so Idk who the other characters are. Idc, because I'm summoning only for Hector.

2 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Another Hector, really? Cyl for him is feeling less and less special. I feel that we're at the point where this is after they got the results. Either way I'm going to skip the banner.

I just hope CYL Hector has a totally different weapon for a change. Repeats of Armads are boring. Also why I hope any other Ikes planned don't have Ragnell and instead use another weapon color entirely.

Another thing, why do Ephraim and Hector get souped up versions of their weapons while RD Ike just gets the same old Ragnell as his PoR self? RD Ike is starting to feel kind of snubbed here. And I totally love Ephraim.

Edited by Anacybele

Why don't they want Hector to move more than one space and wield something other than an axe? Why is his A-slot always DC? Why isn't Winter Lissa on this banner?

Might skip and pull for more Summer!Xander, to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Another Hector, really? Cyl for him is feeling less and less special. I feel that we're at the point where this is after they got the results. Either way I'm going to skip the banner.

I just hope CYL Hector is actually a different color. If they make him a green armor a 4th time, yikes.. He's basically powercreeping himself every few months this year at that point.

Isn't this the same guy who is getting a CYL2 self sometime in ~September?

Okay, this begs the question, how long in advance did they plan out the legendary heroes? If they thought of this all the way before CYL2, then wow the fans really picked terribly for them. If not, IS must be getting lazy or pandering to a certain crowd, or both.

11 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Another Blazing Blade character?

And yet again, it is Hector. I like the guy, he is the only lord who I would shed a sincere emotional tear for if they all got hit by an ICBM (burned in a fire and kicked off a cliff I can't say), but this is too much.

I'd actually prefer Legendary Lucina here. Or just about anyone else.

Hector and Lyn are becoming the Mewtwos of FE- catering endlessly to the Gen 1-obsessed fans. They're no better than those who need an endless bombardment of 13-14 characters to keep being interested. 

And for the love of St. Elimine, why couldn't we have gotten Uther instead?! Or Durbans?!

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Omg. CYL Hector had better have a 4th version of Armads. Funniest. Thing. Ever. At least his attack animation is cool. 

Green this time around is actually pretty tempting, but I'll have to try and pass. I think I've got everyone except for Leif, Tharja, and F. Morgan. Leif would be nice, but I don't really need Tharja, and Ike I definitely don't need. I wouldn't mind getting F. Morgan or a better copy of LA!Lyn. I also would really like a Myrrh that isn't -DEF... Hm... This is a tricky banner. I don't really have a big enough stash...so I suppose I'll just have to keep waiting. 

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And yet again, it is Hector. I like the guy, he is the only lord who I would shed a sincere emotional tear for if they all got hit by an ICBM (burned in a fire and kicked off a cliff I can't say), but this is too much.

I'd actually prefer Legendary Lucina here. Or just about anyone else.

Hector and Lyn are becoming the Mewtwos of FE- catering endlessly to the Gen 1-obsessed fans. They're better than those who need an endless bombardment of 13-14 characters to keep being interested. 

And for the love of St. Elimine, why couldn't we have gotten Uther instead?! Or Durbans?!

While I clearly would want the first double rep to be Awakening, if it had to be Blazing Blade, I would've preferred Eliwood.

Oh my goodness. I really should've saved my orbs. Just finished the video, this is a freaking good banner. I just hope my luck doesn't turn out like it did with the Lyn one. 150+ orbs and not a single five star character. Yet the last two normal banners I got five star characters with free orbs. Haha, why does this happen? Also Thunder Armads? I didn't think they'd have an upgrade from Berserk Armads, although strength might be relatively the same. I'm surprised they didn't just implement a counter into the weapon. Not that Hector needs more reason to be OP. Also, I'm surprised people are complaining about more Hectors. Lyn has a ridiculous amount of characters, so this isn't necessarily a surprise. Granted, they should be doing this for more popular characters like Ike, Ephraim, and Celica. Hector only has as much as Roy now. 

I can live without Hector but boy does green look great this time: steady breath, merges for Myrrh, and a Hector that might let me sacrifice my old one for distant counter.

I'll also pull colorless:  I'd love an F!Grima that isn't -spd (not that the one I have is bad at all) and I've been dying for Elise for ages (so naturally if I get a 5* colorless it'll be Roy).

Red and blue are pretty hard passes even if I'd love F!Morgan: more mage fliers are great but Bridal Ninian covers blue already for me.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Another thing, why do Ephraim and Hector get souped up versions of their weapons while RD Ike just gets the same old Ragnell as his PoR self? RD Ike is starting to feel kind of snubbed here. And I totally love Ephraim.

One reason: 

Built-in Distant Counter.

Now for what I think?

I think these guys are fucking lazy. Not only do they make Hector have ANOTHER Armored Axe unit, with ANOTHER version of Armads, but they even go out and make it that he has to be the ONLY character that can EVER come with Distant Counter. 

Seriously, Hector has become extremely unoriginal.

Hector.... with Distant Counter.... and yet again Armads with one of his new mood swings.... how original, but hey, whales now have their prime candidate for maximum scoring, buy buy buy. I'm going to be perfectly honest, I'm severly disappointed, though it fits the current content blandness. Seriously, though, not even Winter Lissa (also no NY! Camilla, but V!Lyn? I'm confused) makes this an easy skip after the first full circle (even though I want Myrrhs, but sniping on legendary banners is trash). Also quite the underwhelming picks for me personally, though objectively still quite decent.

I know I'll never pull Hector, as always, so I'll wait for his banner with Matthew. Hope someone is happy about this banner, coz I am certainly not and REALLY need a FEH channel soonish....

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

One reason: 

Built-in Distant Counter.

Now for what I think?

I think these guys are fucking lazy. Not only do they make Hector have ANOTHER Armored Axe unit, with ANOTHER version of Armads, but they even go out and make it that he has to be the ONLY character that can EVER come with Distant Counter. 

Seriously, Hector has become extremely unoriginal.

Well, maybe people will tire of him.