June's Legendary Hero Arrives! Hector: Marquess of Ostia (June 28 ~ July 5)

Coolmanio

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was kinda hoping M!Grima was one of the other units because I was thinking to myself today about how I wanted to give my regular Hector vengeful fighter. Other than that I'm starting to want OC's for legendary heroes because of how uninspired most of these heroes come off as, at least Armoured Axe Xander would have been different from his other versions. That being said, I want: Leif, Winter Tharja, Myrrh and Brave Ike.

Oh, nice, Leif is there instead of NY Camilla. I'd like to get a DEF+ NY!Camilla but since I already have her and I don't have Leif, this is nice. Definitely going for red so I can try to get Winter Tharja. (And Leif, to a much lesser extent)

Valentine Lyn and Legendary Ephraim is back, so I'll pull on blues to get them. Morgan would be nice but I already have Summer Corrin, but if I get Morgan I won't complain.

Greens... Oh boy, I kinda want Hector but I already have a DEF+ RES- Brave Ike (though Steady Breath fodder would be cool, I guess), and I have a decent Myrrh too. I might actually skip green this time.

Valentine Roy and Elise are both back, so I'll probably pull on colorless for them.

All in all, definitely pulling for red, and will go for either blue or colorless. Leaning towards blue since I have Robin already and Elise is in the regular summoning pool.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Well, maybe people will tire of him.

Okay everyone, let's place some bets. Who thinks the next Hector for CYL2 will end up being a green armored unit with another Armads, and have Distant Counter? Cause at this point, Hector is just unoriginal. 

Ugh. His art and skill set look great, but I was really hoping they wouldn't do anything like this anywhere near this soon.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Another thing, why do Ephraim and Hector get souped up versions of their weapons while RD Ike just gets the same old Ragnell as his PoR self? RD Ike is starting to feel kind of snubbed here. And I totally love Ephraim.

It's because Ike has a Distant Counter weapon, which is already considered a full power set. It's the same reason Grima and Ryoma are the others to keep their old weapons.

Why is Leif always paired with units I don't want?

Might try for green. Maybe. I don't want Myrrh badly enough to risk a wheel of five reds. (Though after Summer Tana, I don't see that happening, but you never know.)

Wow, I wouldn't be surprised if Hector Emblem is going to be a mono-axe armored team; there's still the CYL2 Hector on the way. Lyn may have a lot of alts but IS has been creative with her at the very least (to the point that she can be a team that has color balance AND/OR can abuse Tactic skills).

As for the banner itself, this is a pretty strong banner overall, especially in green and red for those who are looking for either strong units or great fodder units (Tharja as CC and VF; Hector has DC and VF; both Ikes have Breath skills, Myrrh is a powerful enemy phase tank). Blue and colorless are the weaker colors overall if only because the main reason people would pull those colors is if they actually like the units.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Okay everyone, let's place some bets. Who thinks the next Hector for CYL2 will end up being a green armored unit with another Armads, and have Distant Counter? Cause at this point, Hector is just unoriginal. 

Nah, maybe he'll use Armads as a green armored mage with close counter.

God. This is so boring. You made the same unit 3 times, IS. Why.
I don't even like Hector, but if I did I would be even more upset. This is so dumb.
Not gonna pull on it regardless, but.

Just now, Sophie said:

God. This is so boring. You made the same unit 3 times, IS. Why.
I don't even like Hector, but if I did I would be even more upset. This is so dumb.
Not gonna pull on it regardless, but.

I like Hector, but wish it was bearded Daddy Hector, since this Hector is pretty much the same as OG Hector.

Fucking Hector again. The same guy who’s already getting another alt in couple of months. Because CYL doesn’t mean anything.

At least the rest of the greens is appetising. I might even pull.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I like Hector, but wish it was bearded Daddy Hector, since this Hector is pretty much the same as OG Hector.

Wanna bet that's gonna be the CYL version? The version of Hector that kept Armads instead of returning it.

1 minute ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Ah so it really was the obvious Hector. I like Hector and I do wanna summon him, but I have VERY bad luck when it comes to Hector. The game refuses to actually summon him. I'll try to get him, but my luck will likely be dismal.

Don't forget that Hector is going to be a focus unit on the BHB banner after the LH banner ends so you'll have another chance at him... provided that you still have orbs, that is.

2 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Ah so it really was the obvious Hector. I like Hector and I do wanna summon him, but I have VERY bad luck when it comes to Hector. The game refuses to actually summon him. I'll try to get him, but my luck will likely be dismal.

Want mine? I have the other two. Don't think the normal one was even a focus unit.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Fucking Hector again. The same guy who’s already getting another alt in couple of months. Because CYL doesn’t mean anything.

At least the rest of the greens is appetising. I might even pull.

I need more Cecilias for my +10 project, so I'll go for Greens.

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

Wanna bet that's gonna be the CYL version? The version of Hector that kept Armads instead of returning it.

Not only has he been an Axe every time, but he's been wielding Armads every time, with Distant Counter.  Three units have Distant Counter, and they're all Hector.

7 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

One reason: 

Built-in Distant Counter.

Now for what I think?

I think these guys are fucking lazy. Not only do they make Hector have ANOTHER Armored Axe unit, with ANOTHER version of Armads, but they even go out and make it that he has to be the ONLY character that can EVER come with Distant Counter. 

Seriously, Hector has become extremely unoriginal.

And Hector still getting souped up Armads while still coming with DC as his A is okay? I don't see much of a difference here except where the DC is listed on his skillset.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Want mine? I have the other two. Don't think the normal one was even a focus unit.

Hero Fest 1, CYL-themed Voting Gauntlet, and the first TT mini banner. He is also going to be a focus unit on the upcoming BHB banner on 7/5.

Edited by Roflolxp54

It's even worse because his outfit is pretty much the same between all his alts as well. But, now that I look at his C-slot, I take back what I said and might pull green for mixed team shenanigans and red for skill fodder. 

Still kinda miffed, though. I WANTED W!LISSA GDI  

Edited by saisymbolic
grammar

Just noticed my most hated lords are both Fire Elemental. This is very cursed.
I wish they would just be more creative. It just makes me hate him more since they're being so damn uncreative with him.

I'm really surprised Brave Ike was chosen over W!Lissa and F!Robin, considering he was on a legendary  banner before. I'm tempted to pull for green because I've never had a Hector before, but I'll probably be pretty broken by Ike. I'm tired of these Legendary Heroes being powered up variants of their regular kinds. ( Especially Hector because all his varaints  are with axes. ) When will we see Fjorm's brother?

Edited by ZeManaphy

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I need more Cecilias for my +10 project, so I'll go for Greens.

I actually can’t +10 mine yet, even theoretically, so yeah. Cecilias are always good.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And Hector still getting souped up Armads while still coming with DC as his A is okay? I don't see much of a difference here except where the DC is listed on his skillset.

Normal Hector, Valentine Hector, and now Legendary Hector. All have an Armads and a Distant Counter. It's become a Heroes staple now.