June's Legendary Hero Arrives! Hector: Marquess of Ostia (June 28 ~ July 5)

Coolmanio

11 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Well not literally 'no one' but in general it seems not many people are upset with this.  I'm wondering if it is a guy thing too.  Like I think more people would be upset about a 5th Lucina than a 5th Chrom.  

I'd actually prefer a 5th Lucina right now just because she hasn't gotten an alt this year at all while Hector is scheduled to have a CYL alt in a month or two. Sure, the amount of alts certain characters get is annoying ... but what's equally annoying is the spacing between the alts -- or lack thereof. While I get that a lot of these were likely designed way in advance of CY2 results ... surely, surely they can't be oblivious on how to not bombard fans with the same few characters over and over again by this point?

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I'm pretty sure that wasn't directed at you, as Marth was brought up earlier on this page before your posts and not in a complimentary way.

Sorry, I hadn't known.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm still expecting CYL Hector to have Wolf Beil. I can see him being either infantry or armor if they go that route.

They'll give him a Durandal variant as a way to honor Eliwood, because that's an idea they totally haven't used already. Or they could confirm that Hector x Lyn is canon and give him a Sol Katti variant.

55 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, CYL Hector should get a sword, and if he doesn't, I'm literally going to go wtf. xP

...Uh, I didn't say anything about Marth?

Ah, no, no, that wasn't directed at you! If I leave a double space, it means that I'm...well, done replying to you. It's my fault, I'm sorry, hahah.

2 hours ago, Lau said:

Do you think there's a chance we could see Sword Hector for CYL?

It’s possible. Sword Hector could have a Durandal variant, Runesword (Narcian reference) or an original sword. He could also bring in Rex Hasta as his lance option and there’s...axe again...sigh...Wolf Beil or...Awakening’s Hector’s Axe. I hope Wada Sachiko did Legendary Eliwood. 

8 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

This is FE6 Hector. The popular Hector is FE7 Hector. Also, FE6 Hector really let himself go. I know that beards are considered “in” now but wanting a character just for facial hair is pretty silly. 

Well how about for the actual reason of variety then? As in seeing something different and representing the character in more incarnations than just the one. Love Abounds is really where it should have been done though, the entire plot for those chapters was Hector and Eliwood interacting with their children, should have just made it old Hector and Eliwood instead of throwing around another time travel reference (plus I just think it would be sweeter if it was their actual children that they'd actually spent years raising that they were buying presents for).

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

was Hector and Eliwood interacting with their children, should have just made it old Hector and Eliwood instead of throwing around another time travel reference (plus I just think it would be sweeter if it was their actual children that they'd actually spent years raising that they were buying presents for).

Or they could have gone with FE7 Epilogue Eliwood and Hector. Which are fifteen-sixteen years after FE7, or three before FE6. Remember these?

latest?cb=20111123180128latest?cb=20111123180359

For some reason, they just creep me out. Eliwood especially.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah, please don't use those portraits IS.

Edited by Humanoid

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Or they could have gone with FE7 Epilogue Eliwood and Hector. Which are fifteen-sixteen years after FE7, or three before FE6. Remember these?

latest?cb=20111123180128latest?cb=20111123180359

I actually like that Eliwood. I think the maturing of him into is Binding Blade portrait is real subtle. Hector looks god awful though, looks as if that beard is a big hand trying to consume him. Seriously, does he shave around the edges or something? Because most beards don't grow that way.

16 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Well how about for the actual reason of variety then? As in seeing something different and representing the character in more incarnations than just the one. Love Abounds is really where it should have been done though, the entire plot for those chapters was Hector and Eliwood interacting with their children, should have just made it old Hector and Eliwood instead of throwing around another time travel reference (plus I just think it would be sweeter if it was their actual children that they'd actually spent years raising that they were buying presents for).

The FE6 versions of Eliwood and Hector are rather unpopular. IS probably went for the safer, more...recognizable versions of the characters. Besides, had they gone with the FE6 versions like you suggested, Lyn would be completely out of place since she had no role in FE6. 

@Interdimensional Observer Those epilogue versions of Eliwood and Hector stopped fighting a long time ago. Their outfits could still be used on future variants, though. 

56 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I actually like that Eliwood. I think the maturing of him into is Binding Blade portrait is real subtle. Hector looks god awful though, looks as if that beard is a big hand trying to consume him. Seriously, does he shave around the edges or something? Because most beards don't grow that way.

Also, the upperlip mustache is missing.

59 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

The FE6 versions of Eliwood and Hector are rather unpopular. IS probably went for the safer, more...recognizable versions of the characters. Besides, had they gone with the FE6 versions like you suggested, Lyn would be completely out of place since she had no role in FE6. 

@Interdimensional Observer Those epilogue versions of Eliwood and Hector stopped fighting a long time ago. Their outfits could still be used on future variants, though. 

The incarnation of them that are playable characters are undoubtedly more popular, since it's where they're actually protagonists, but do you really think people would say "Hell no, I'm not going to pull for this character I like because he has a beard now!" People don't hate FE6 Hector or Eliwood (though I can imagine people calling foul on FE6 Eliwood fighting on account of his illness). It's not like changing the designs is even something outside their scope, they gave Ryoma a Kinshii out of nowhere, that's way stranger than using an actual incarnation of Hector we've seen before. Not to mention Exalt Chrom, a completely original design. Hector's also called Marquis of Ostia, that's what his role in FE6 is, so that design would make complete sense. Now if it were the choose your own legends variation of Hector, then I think you'd have a point, because that's the actual version of Hector the fans voted on, but this is just one varation they'd selected for the Legendary Hero. Assuming the CYL Hector will be Blazing Blade Hector again, that means we're going to have four Hectors with the exact same basic design instead of utilizing what the series actually gave us in regards to the character.

Why are you even talking about Lyn? This is a Hector exclusive event. It had no connection to Lyn or Eliwood at all.

11 minutes ago, Aera said:

Also, the upperlip mustache is missing.

That's exactly what I mean by hair not growing that way. He must very meticulously shave to make it look like that.

Edited by Jotari

10 minutes ago, Jotari said:

That's exactly what I mean by hair not growing that way. He must very meticulously shave to make it look like that.

Oh! I thought you meant the shape of his beard from his chin. 

You can tell that the beard wants to go to his lips. I think that’s why it’s awkward to look at.

There's gonna have to be something drastically different about CYL Hector to make me stop giving IntSys the side eye.

If CYL Hector isn't on a pegasus, I'm going to riot.

Edited by saisymbolic
words

The only person I really really want from this banner is Legendary Hector.  I already have several of the other units, and I don't really care about the remainder.  Leif or Female Morgan would be welcome surprises, and I wouldn't say no to a LA!Lyn either.  On the other hand, I'm desperately seeking Female Corrin, Summer Innes, and Summer Roy, so...I think I'm going to focus my few F2P orbs on those banners instead.

I like hector, he's legitimately a favorite of mine.

While he stands to need more variety in unit design, I'm just kinda happy that FE didn't get cancelled back in like 2013.

besides i haven't checked, but do we know if he references the curse of the Armads?

2 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

Besides, had they gone with the FE6 versions like you suggested, Lyn would be completely out of place since she had no role in FE6. 

I wouldn't mind a 30-year-old Lyn. Being the analogue of half-Asian, she'd look no different than if she were 18.

Hector’s stats are out:

Spoiler

47 hp, 40 atk, 23 spd, 38 Def, and 26 res

A super boon in atk, and a super bane in res

The image didn’t seem to load. Odd

Edited by Poimagic

I wonder, if we still get the free CYL pull. I'm actually thinking maybe CYL Hector might have DC built-into the weapon, instead of another A skill? Otherwise, everyone would be getting free Distant Counter and I feel they want to keep that as a premium skill.

But yeah, this Hector is pretty good, ironically, both my Hectors are Fire blessed already anyway so this new one would fit...except for the green stacking. 

Also L!Hector actually looks his age

Edited by mcsilas

12 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I wonder, if we still get the free CYL pull. I'm actually thinking maybe CYL Hector might have DC built-into the weapon, instead of another A skill? Otherwise, everyone would be getting free Distant Counter and I feel they want to keep that as a premium skill.

But yeah, this Hector is pretty good, ironically, both my Hectors are Fire blessed already anyway so this new one would fit...except for the green stacking. 

Also L!Hector actually looks his age

Steady Breath is still a premium skill. And they gave out free Takumi (but they would have to 5*). Let’s hope for a free pull because I want Celica for free. ):

Edited by Aera

If i can get lucky enough to get this hector now or before CYL i might grab a CYL ephraim depending on his stats. L! Ephraim still eludes me to this day, despite me going for him on every legendary banner he's on.

But lets be real here, this L!Hector is absolutely a powerhouse... 40 attack at base? Built in Wary Fighter with easy requirements? Slap Bold Fighter on him and you have a legitimate monster

2 hours ago, saisymbolic said:

There's gonna have to be something drastically different about CYL Hector to make me stop giving IntSys the side eye.

If CYL Hector isn't on a pegasus, I'm going to riot.

Have him a Pegasus that Florina is riding. Vengeance!

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I wouldn't mind a 30-year-old Lyn. Being the analogue of half-Asian, she'd look no different than if she were 18.

Maybe legendary Lyn is 30 year old Lyn.

Edited by Jotari

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Have him onto if a Pegasus that Florina is riding. Vengeance!

A lance-wielding Hector on pegasus with a beard? Now I would pay for that one.