• Sophia (FE 6)
    • Zeiss (FE 6)
    • Nino (FE 7)
    • Elincia (FE 9)
    • Kurthnaga (FE 10)
    • Est (FE 11)
    • Est (FE 12)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/2018 at 05:08 AM

Though there are many "Ests" in the Fire Emblem series, not all Ests are created equal. Many Ests, despite their high growth rates often suffer from other problems that inhibit them from being as useful as they could be. Whether it be availability, base stats or even growths, some Ests just don't measure up to their competition  . Place your vote for who you think is the worst Est and feel free to discuss your opinions below.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any reason why the poll is set to close?

Anyway, Corple. A level 1 healer... In a game that has giant maps... That also joins over halfway through the game. Need I say more?

2 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Anyway, Corple. A level 1 healer... In a game that has giant maps... That also joins over halfway through the game. Need I say more?

Wait it's already closed... I thought I had it ending on the 1 of July, or are you remarking that I have it set to close? 

As for the topic, I would agree that Corprie is generally not worth the effort no matter his Father. Truthfully the only reason  I didn't choose him is the fact that he's a healer and won't have to fight often. Well that and Nino exists.

4 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Anyway, Coirpre. A level 1 infantry healer... In a game that has giant maps... That also joins over halfway through the game. Need I say more?

Fixed.  If only the poor guy got a horse.  Maybe he might be ...less bad.

A healer Est sounds pretty unappealing, considering training healers is already one of my least favorite things to do ever in Fire Emblem.

I would vote Coirpre too.  But I never played that far into Genealogy of the Holy War, so I have no other choice but to pick Sophia.

1 minute ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

A healer Est sounds pretty unappealing, considering training healers is already one of my least favorite things to do ever in Fire Emblem.

I would vote Coirpre too.  But I never played that far into Genealogy of the Holy War, so I have no other choice but to pick Sophia.

Hmm, even then I can't really think of why you would need a healer, much less an unpromoted so late in the game when you have at least 3-5 healers who can be "good enough" for most of the game.   

As a side note my Sophia bias wants to defend her so bad, but I just can't see her being useable on HM at all, but she at least has more chapters to contribute to if you do decide to level her than some others *cough ..cough.. Nino.. cough*

5 minutes ago, Sage of the Mist said:

Wait it's already closed... I thought I had it ending on the 1 of July, or are you remarking that I have it set to close? 

I'm remarking about the poll closing July 1st. Why is it even set to close in the first place?

4 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I had forgotten about the infantry part.

Yeah - healers are already hard to train, but Corple takes it to an extent that is clearly not worth bothering with.

2 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I'm remarking about the poll closing July 1st. Why is it even set to close in the first place?

I had forgotten about the infantry part.

Yeah - healers are already hard to train, but Corple takes it to an extent that is clearly not worth bothering with.

Oh, I wasn't aware that polls didn't need a close date I suppose, had I known I would have just made it open forever.

5 minutes ago, Sage of the Mist said:

Oh, I wasn't aware that polls didn't need a close date I suppose, had I known I would have just made it open forever.

Is it possible to fix this?

28 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Genealogy is like the best game to train Healers though. You just need to have them use Return or Warp a bunch. It does cost money, but well worth it if you want to go for the EXP rank. Although Corple still probably isn't all that useful unless Levin's his father.

I think Sophia is generally accepted as the most trash, even though a lot of people, myself included like her. Unfortunately for her though, even if you go to the major trouble of training her, she's still going to turn out pretty mediocre.

Echoes is not in the poll but Shadow Dragon and New Mystery are?

Anyway, the good thing about staff users is that they can make themselves useful even on low levels. And thanks to his Blaggi blood, Corple does at least not need to worry about his staff rank. He does nothing that somebody else can't do better but he can still put in some work no matter who his father is.

Sophia has to be the worst. Nonexistent speed, getting killed by everything in one hit, can only use the inaccurate Flux. And what do you get in the end for all your work? A far shittier version of Lillina, who isn't even that great in the first place.

Edited by BrightBow

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Genealogy is like the best game to train Healers though. You just need to have them use Return or Warp a bunch. It does cost money, but well worth it if you want to go for the EXP rank. Although Corple still probably isn't all that useful unless Levin's his father.

I think Sophia is generally accepted as the most trash, even though a lot of people, myself included like her. Unfortunately for her though, even if you go to the major trouble of training her, she's still going to turn out pretty mediocre.

I think the disdain for Corple stems form the fact that he isn't needed by the time you get him, that and Genealogy is horse emblem so he can't really keep up.

As for Sophia I guess  I consider her  to be more useful than some Ests solely due to Sophia having more chances to train then others. That and hitting res and constant 1-2 range is never a bad thing. Again I have a major bias in Sophia's favor so take what i'm saying with a grain of salt.

5 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Is it possible to fix this?

Unless it's possible to edit a poll after it has been put up, then no. My apologies.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Echoes is not in the poll but Shadow Dragon and New Mystery are?

Anyway, the good thing about staff users is that their performance generally isn't all that much affected by their level. And thanks to his Blaggi blood, Corple does not need to worry about his staff rank. He can put in some work no matter who his father is.

Sophia has to be the worst. Nonexistent speed, getting killed by everything in one hit, can only use the inaccurate Flux. And what do you get in the end for all your work? A far shittier version of Lillina, who isn't even that great in the first place.

Est and Jessie are the "ests" of both games so I consider that spot to apply to echoes as well. Sorry about the confusion.

3 minutes ago, Sage of the Mist said:

I think the disdain for Corple stems form the fact that he isn't needed by the time you get him, that and Genealogy is horse emblem so he can't really keep up.

As for Sophia I guess  I consider her  to be more useful than some Ests solely due to Sophia having more chances to train then others. That and hitting res and constant 1-2 range is never a bad thing. Again I have a major bias in Sophia's favor so take what i'm saying with a grain of salt.

Unless it's possible to edit a poll after it has been put up, then no. My apologies.

Oh major Sophia bias is certainly a thing, I've trained her myself, I know. But to get her anyway useful you need to give her a few body rings to stop her tomes letting everyone double her. Because three con is just crazy low. A meager 30% speed growth doesn't help either and she will have some major accuracy problems for a long, long time, which means she oes have plenty of time to train her up, but it's not going to be an easy training. It does help that her competition for Dark Magic is pretty low, though, with Lugh being the only real other option (as Niime will almost certainly be a staff bot more than a Druid).

Oh major Sophia bias is certainly a thing, I've trained her myself, I know. But to get her anyway useful you need to give her a few body rings to stop her tomes letting everyone double her. Because three con is just crazy low. A meager 30% speed growth doesn't help either and she will have some major accuracy problems for a long, long time, which means she oes have plenty of time to train her up, but it's not going to be an easy training. It does help that her competition for Dark Magic is pretty low, though, with Lugh being the only real other option (as Niime will almost certainly be a staff bot more than a Druid).

Every time i've used her I  just promote her and have her act as more of a staff bot than a combat unit.  That and Roy's support unit.  Again i'm not trying to say shes worthwhile, I just think pepole overstate her weakness a bit too much. 

7 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Does it? What does Dark Magic do that the other schools of magic can't do better? I suppose there is Nosferatu, but given how frail she is and that she has terrible skill and only an average growth I doubt this helps her all that much.

Edited by BrightBow

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Does it? What does Dark Magic do that the other schools of magic can't do better? I suppose there is Nosferatu, but given that she has terrible skill and only an average growth I doubt this helps her all that much.

i was trying to be charitable. There is Apocalypse though, although on Sophia that'd probably half her speed.

Edited by Jotari

Just now, BrightBow said:

Does it? What does Dark Magic do that the other schools of magic can't do better? I suppose there is Nosferatu, but given that she has terrible skill and only an average growth I doubt this helps her all that much.

Not to mention she would have to survive an attack to use it at all...which isn't happening unless its a enemy mage and even thats not garenteed. Also I don't think @Jotari

or I are trying to say she's a good unit or even mediorcre we're just listing the few positives she does have.

6 minutes ago, Jotari said:

It does help that her competition for Dark Magic is pretty low, though, with Lugh being the only real other option (as Niime will almost certainly be a staff bot more than a Druid).

Raigh to match a base Niime in Magic and Spd (21 and 16 respectively), the two stats they care about, takes until 20/6, and he'll have less Skl actually. Sophia only takes until 20/3 to match the base Magic value, but 20/13 to match the Spd, and 16 isn't excessively fast I would think.

I point this out just to say Niime isn't totally useless as a combat unit statistically compared to her rivals.

i was trying to be charitable. There is Apocalypse though, although on Sophia that'd probably half her speed.

She like Niime has 4 Con promoted, Raigh has 5. Apo weights 12. -8/7 AS, Raigh at 20/20 is dropping to 15 AS, Sophia to 10 AS. At a lower level, it is indeed halving her Speed.

6 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I suppose there is Nosferatu

There is like one chapter, 14 where you can buy it (the same chapter provides the Silver Card). At only 6 Wt, you don't have to fear being doubled too much whilst using it. Raigh or Sophia and Niime with a bunch of C16 Angelic Robes could feasibly Nostank, on paper, maybe not on Sacae, but 16x, Ilia and the Bern finale at least. 

Sophia. 

Nino at least isn't terribly crippled(She's still crippled) by her weapon type. Sophia never gets trained up to dominate the battlefield(Or at least do relatively well) like a lot of Ests do, she gets trained up purely to survive. 

Or bench her. Much easier to just bench her. 

Edited by Slumber

1 minute ago, Slumber said:

Sophia. 

Nino at least isn't terribly crippled(She's still crippled) by her weapon type. Sophia never gets trained up to dominate the battlefield like a lot of Ests do, she gets trained up purely to survive. 

Or bench her. Much easier to just bench her. 

Eh, I would say she and Nino are pretty much tied for worst. 

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Raigh to match a base Niime in Magic and Spd (21 and 16 respectively), the two stats they care about, takes until 20/6, and he'll have less Skl actually. Sophia only takes until 20/3 to match the base Magic value, but 20/13 to match the Spd, and 16 isn't excessively fast I would think.

I point this out just to say Niime isn't totally useless as a combat unit statistically compared to her rivals.

She like Niime has 4 Con promoted, Raigh has 5. Apo weights 12. -8/7 AS, Raigh at 20/20 is dropping to 15 AS, Sophia to 10 AS. At a lower level, it is indeed halving her Speed.

There is like one chapter, 14 where you can buy it (the same chapter provides the Silver Card). At only 6 Wt, you don't have to fear being doubled too much whilst using it. Raigh or Sophia and Niime with a bunch of C16 Angelic Robes could feasibly Nostank, on paper, maybe not on Sacae, but 16x, Ilia and the Bern finale at least. 

Out of the three, Raigh sounds like the only one thats even somewhat feasible, and thats only if his Def is above average, the other two are better suited for healing than combat.

Edit: All three have problems with speed and luck as well which means there is a real possiblity of being doubled or crit-ed

Edited by Sage of the Mist
added more info

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh I didn't mean to imply Niime was a bad attacker, after all, i t's that Magic stat that helps her be such a good staff bot for the staves that let magic determine range. It's just that due to her near exclusive access to a high stave rank, she's a much more effective staff bot than offensive unit.

Ests are "meh"

I've never really bothered training them, their just too squishy and I don't like taking the risk with them as they usually end up dying if a scary faced brigand looks at them

1 minute ago, Captain Karnage said:

Ests are "meh"

I've never really bothered training them, their just too squishy and I don't like taking the risk with them as they usually end up dying if a scary faced brigand looks at them

For the most part I would agree, but Delthea and Zeiss are legitimently good units who can contribute right off the bat and only get better as the game progresses.

1 hour ago, Sage of the Mist said:

For the most part I would agree, but Delthea and Zeiss are legitimently good units who can contribute right off the bat and only get better as the game progresses.

I would say you’re being very, very, VERY generous to Zeiss - he is nigh unusable unless you gimp a better unit...