Legendary Hero Battle: Hector

Rafiel's Aria

Hector's here! Time to whip out those Triangle Adept Tobins and Selenas! Brag about those sweet cav clears, and show off those theme, meme, and hero teams!

I realized there wasn't a topic made for this yet. I've started one before. I can start one again! (Note: I'll edit in maps and infernal enemy stats and such after I upload this post. I have issues starting topics with a lot of pictures embedded....)

SF will not let me submit a post with pictures in it period because it sticks me in a verification loop. Reasons why I shouldn't be allowed to start topics. Here are links to pictures, and as soon as I figure out how to post pictures again, I'll edit them in. Sorry for the inconvenience! 

Hard

Normal

Lunatic

Infernal

Edited by Rafiel's Aria

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took a few tries, but I managed to clear it with my usual Elincia/Corrin/Azura/Camilla flier team.

Was a bit worried about Hector himself at the end, but Blarblade+Desperation on Corrin let her kill him before he could attack.

@Rafiel's Aria Thank you so much for starting the topic. I almost start this by myself, it's too boring for a person like me who skip this banner.

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Zeo Like always, This map is hard but not too hard.Azura and Roy take care of downstair. And the couple take care of upstair. Only 2 tries with positioning and done!!

@Ginko No problem. >.> I wish I could figure out the pictures issue. I'll fiddle with it on my work computer tomorrow and see if I can make it prettier.

In the meantime, here's my clear. More of the same old tricks. I did get the chance to give Lucius a shiny new upgrade however. He's had Sakura's Fear+ for a while. I finally gave it a refine because Mia needed a little extra help tanking things. Turns out, it was pretty useful for the rest of the clear as well. Everyone got to do a little something this time around. ...I also changed out Lucius's staff because I thought it'd be useful. Turns out he didn't need to heal. lol This was a lot less ragey than some of the LHBs. Thank goodness.

Finally, someone got around to it. I was busy today, and probably will be busy in the upcoming months, so please feel free to make these on your own.

Beat this with Lilina Kagero Lucina Azura. Lilina has been a Hero Battle champ lately.

Second attempt with Airzura, SF!Nino, Shigure(flier) and Lilina cleared it. I brought Lilina initially to beat Hector forgetting that armads doesn't block doubles if he's alone but she ended up pulling her weight regardless.

This LHB wasn't as bad I thought it was going to be. 

I find it funny how Roy is the one dealing the finishing blow to Hector.

Here is my Infernal clear of this map.

Edited by tobuShogi

Tried it first with Airzura, H!Nowi, Hinoka and Bunmilla. After about 2-3 tries I switched in B!Sanaki instead of Bunmilla and cleared it immediately.

Turns out H!Nowi needs a Bladetome, full Flier buffs and a charged Moonbow to one-shot Lector.

Edited by Nanima

Honestly it was easier than I had thought in the beginning.
I used cav Team (BLyn, Magehardt, Xander, VLilina). Lyn killed the flier, Xander used Reposition to keep her safe and killed the green mage knight and archer in first Enemy phase.
Then the green manakete appeared I had serious trouble to take it out. Had to change my team from VLilina to Exalted Chrom who could oneshot it. Rest was easy. Xander ORKOed Hector without taking any damage.

3 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Brag about those sweet cav clears

Horses are our salvation, and Reposition is the harbinger of judgement.
I did it with my tried and tested team of Xander, Reinhardt+2, Lyn, and Dark Azura (who could have been easily substituted by any other dancer, I presume):
Screenshot_20180628-151353.png

Fegrima was done with Nino and three dancers.
Lyn was done with a dancer and three horses.
Ryoma was done with Nino and three dancers.
Hector was done with a dancer and three horses.

The next one will be done with Nino and three dancers, likely.

This Legendary Hero Battle was pretty easy... My Team:

Legendary Ike: Ragnell, Reposition, Radiant Aether, Warding Breath, Quick Riposte 3, Def Tactic 3, Distant Def 3 SS;
Mage Eirika: Gleipnir, Reposition, Moonbow, Swift Sparrow 2, Desperation 3, Atk Tactic 3, Res Tactic 3 SS;
Legendary Lyn: Swift Mulagir, Reposition, Luna, Laws of Sacae, Desperation 3, Spd Tactic 3, Spd Smoke 3;
Bride Ninian: Fresh Bouquet (Spd), Dance, Glimmer, Atk/Res 2, Chill Atk 3, Res Tactic 3, Def Tactic 3 SS.

Nowi Emblem vs Hector, only Nowi fought but the Tactics and Ally Support buffs from Witch Nowi keep it from being a solo.  I thought it was cool how it worked out though.

Solo version in spoiler tags cause I didn't come up with it on my own, just ripped off other guys on Youtube.  

Spoiler

Edited by Nowi's Husband

Uh, first I thought the carpets were all defensive terrain. 

My clear has to wait. While it's done and recorded, my vimeo space is full and I've still decide what to do about it. 

@Rafiel's Aria Thanks for opening the topic, good to know @SatsumaFSoysoy is not alone doing these. 

Your clear was nice, it was good to demonstrate the synergies of your team. Even Galeforce came into play. 

Fear looked really useful here, another good skill underappreciated by me. 

@Ginko Shiro didn't look like he was hurt much by Hector's blow. Shiro tanking and killing units in the upper half of the map and Roy keeping the lower half clean. No big problems for your crew again. Congrats! 

@LordFrigid Ha, Escape Route for a second Reposition, very clever. Congratulations! I didn't use any special skills or moves this time. 

I'm looking forward to see Caeda killing Hector #3 herself. 

@Hecatia Lapislazuli I thought you would make an Hector emblem clear after your legendary pull today. Congratulations on that btw!

@tobuShogi perfectly timed Vantage kill in one hit by Camus! Also Roy's showdown with Hector was very close, nice to watch, congratulations! 

@Ginko You know, I had a feeling Shiro would have no problems dealing with Hector but I gotta say it was still hilarious. I know Marisa and Shiro are different colors, but your clear was a huuuuge help in figuring out how to solve this with my regular team (or at least how to handle the first enemy phase). Your team made this look easy! (Also, if it's not too much trouble would you mind tagging me in the future? I really enjoy these)

@Rafiel's Aria It's still so weird to me to see Lucius as such a powerful attacker. Nice use of Miracle there, and isn't Thani so much fun?

@LordFrigid Cool way of using Escape Route there! Your Caeda is a force to be reckoned with.

@tobuShogi Clears like this make me wish I had a Brave Roy to mess around with. Nice job!

I felt like this was was a really nice difficulty: challenging but not infuriatingly so (or maybe I'm just more used to these battles now). It took some experimenting with different skills and positioning, but I eventually managed it with my regular ladies (the first Legendary Battle I've been able to complete with them).

@Rafiel's Aria Very nice clear! It was very impressive to see Mia tank so much stuff and the use of Miracle to survive the manakete was awesome!

@kirauza343 That was a close one! Celica surviving with 1 Hp was really tense but seeing your team tear through the map was pretty nice. Marisa is certainly a very strong tank being able to stand against the DB flier and kill it back!

@mampfoid Hope you can solve the Vimeo space issues, I want to see how you clear this in 1 turn considering Hector's Omnibreaker. 

----

@Zeo @SatsumaFSoysoy @DefyingFates

This one took a few tries and some skill changes (Hone Fliers in particular was necessary here) but in the end it wasn't that hard to solve. The blue armor was the worst part as I had to restart at least 4 times because I was unable to kill it without two consecutive Aethers. 

Took a while, but I did it with my initial Arena Assault Team, all of them +10: 

• S!Corrin: Fury, Desperation, Threaten Res, Iote's Shield, Sealife Tome+Speed, Reposition and Aether, +Spd -Def
  • S!Robin: Distant Counter, Renewal, Threaten Def, Drive Attack, Deft Harpoon+Speed, Reposition and Glacies, +Atk -HP
  • S!Tiki: Fury, Renewal, Threaten Attack, Close Defense, Melon Crusher+Def, Reposition and Ignis, +Atk -Res
  • PA!Azura: Triangle Adept, Wings of Mercy, Drive Res, Drive Def, Urdr, Sing and Dragon Fang, +Atk -HP

I thought you would make an Hector emblem clear after your legendary pull today. Congratulations on that btw!

Thanks and lol!

If I did that challenge - which I know it will never ever happen - I would need a fourth one for my Hector Legendary Team. Alterntative I could use my Valentine's Hector to have a Hector team, but it would turn into pain...

I managed to not spend my entire morning on this hooray! It took a few tries but not nearly as many as Ryoma's map.
Soren was the only one who needed a bunch of skill swapping and vIke only needed a quick c skill change.

@Rafiel's Aria I love your Lucius by the way, your clears are fun.

I used a f2p video that used L!Ike, Olivia, B!Lyn and tailtiu for lunatic and infernal, this one was pretty easy next to Ryoma's which took me a couple of days to clear infernal.  The orbs gave my B!Roy a merge so he is +1 now.  I keep hoping S!Tana will come home every time I pull red. 

@kirauza343 Hey! thank you, I'm glad my clear help you inspired and clear this map too. To be honest, Siegbert can tank Hector with his remaining 16 HP too but it was no fun if I let him do that lol. Also if I let both of them in Hector's attack range, he scare and ignore my Shiro then target Siegbert instead. That's why I forced him to attack Shiro in the vid. I don't know why those mages rush to downstair and suicide to Roy. It will be more challenging if they run to Shiro.

Your team surprise me too, you are doing so good with retreat, positioning and juggle them good. Marisa tanking on 1st turn really steal the show. 

I will start tagging you next time then, no problem at all. (I don't have too many people to tag anyways) 

Cheers

Edited by Ginko

ReinLyn + 2 dancers trivialized the map, especially since the AI is passive (none of the enemy units move until you get into their attack range or attack them), making it easy to take out 2 units at once in a single turn before THE ENEMY makes a move.

@kirauza343 Nice to see Marissa tanking so much stuff in the beginning, killing even a Lance in the process. You don't care very much about WTA in this clear. Having Celica and Marissa low on HP without dying is a bonus. Funny how you used the map design to your advantage, Hector nearly gave up the hunt before dying to Celica. 

@Alexmender Hector's new Armads made it only necessary to kill the sword and the bow first. The anti-cav lance with Guard made it impossible to solve everything on Player phase. My Oscar could survive a hit, but its buff-ignorance raised difficulty. Perhaps I'll try again to do a PP-only clear. 

Eirikas clear was glorious like always. I can imagine positioning to keep the buffs alive was difficult, interesting use of Hone Fliers in this case. 

Reprisal on that Axe cav made him one of the major enemy damage dealers, even with WTDA. 

Great double Aether in the Knight in the end, congratulations!