Legendary Hero Battle: Hector

Rafiel's Aria

Not gonna lie, I took far too long to figure this one out.  After failing to nail Infernal with Amelia, LA!Lyn, Sharena and F!Celica, I switched Amelia with Hardin after summoning him.  From the start, I knew I had to have to have Celica and Sharena tackle the left side (keeping that green mage cav from joining the fight was essential with my team being heavily blue), while Lyn and Hardin took the right.  I initially tried to instigate on the right and pull back, letting Hardin take the brunt of the blue and colorless wave, but that pesky spawned in Green Cav put a wrench in that plan.

I learned that to win, I'd have to push hard on the right, but for that to work, I needed to bolster Hardin's defences.  I stacked things up with a Fortify and Spur, and for more consistent punch-back, I gave Hardin Bonfire.

The final key was to get Reposition on everyone.

Because of course that was the final key.  Had to sacrifice a Bartre and, sadly, a Gunnthra for that to Hardin and Sharena, respectively.

The result, this.

Forgive me for the thumbnail, I know it's busy, but I didn't know how else to fit everyone in.  Also, old Tyrant Hardin was used because of Gradivus being in full view, as opposed to Heroes' art.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Hilda said:

Actually that Threaten SPD might as well have been empty. Anna had enough spd to double that lance unit with brazen atk/spd and it wasnt needed for the Flying Sword user either.
I actually had Galeforce running on Alfonse first so he did quad the horse unit, but i swaped it out for Luna to make it more Inheritance friendly. Brash Assault Desperation combo only was needed then on the Dragon and Hector.

Ah, I forgot about Brazen. Brazen skills didn't arrive to my head yet. Galeforce would have been fun on Alfonse, but he needed a damage special for Hector. 

4 hours ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

Because of course that was the final key.  Had to sacrifice a Bartre and, sadly, a Gunnthra for that to Hardin and Sharena, respectively.

Your armors are pretty impressive, I'm tempted to pull for them even if I'm not a big armor fan. Also Steady Breath on Celica seems a good choice, she is able to aether herself back to full health often enough.   

Wait, you sacrificed Gunnthrá for Reposition (which she previously inherited?)? Also your 4* Sharena got some expensive SI (Steady Stance, Slaying Lance+), why don't you give her the promotion? 

I like your approach, congratulations!

22 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@NegativeExponents- Nice FE7 clear! Also I love it when "Tears" from KOF started- brings back memories! (What version of Tears is this?)

Also, what was Eliwood's special? Again, fun to see Hector's retainers battle their boss along with the other FE7 lords

Thanks!

I used this cover of “Tears”. I was debating between that or the arranged version but I felt that the cover was better suited.

Eliwood’s special is Aether. He’s been glued to that thing ever since Legendary Lyn’s map.

On 6/30/2018 at 12:44 AM, Rafiel's Aria said:

I thought your opening looked pretty smooth to me. You had an armor so it was going to take a little longer to get to the fighting, but it looked fine! Man. LA!Eliwood is such a fabulous unit. Probably one of my favorite free units we've gotten, and you really made him shine here. He and Matthew worked REALLY well together. It's nice Hector has his friends to keep him in check. XD Even Serra really shined! I don't really play the game with sound on all that often, so hearing her VA kinda' made me want to promote her. It's way too perfect! 

Yeah I guess you’re right. I just get impatient not being able to get immediately into all the action.

Eliwood rocks and that’s not just my blatant favoritism speaking! All of the free armors so far have been really great honestly.

Understandable, I do the same but sometimes I just turn off the bgm and leave on the voices to hear the VA’s. Kate Davis does a spectacular Serra. You should definitely listen to some of her quotes if you haven’t already.

Edit: 

The final key was to get Reposition on everyone.

@Selena4Lyfe I sorta feel your pain. I’ve been eyeing my Brave Lucina and Nino for that reposition of theirs. Thankfully I’ve been able to find some alternatives whenever I felt I needed reposition.

That was a cool clear! For a second there I actually thought “Wait. Did you not actually beat it?” since it looked like you were gonna lose to that Lance Armor but good to see I was proven wrong.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Ah, I forgot about Brazen. Brazen skills didn't arrive to my head yet. Galeforce would have been fun on Alfonse, but he needed a damage special for Hector. 

Your armors are pretty impressive, I'm tempted to pull for them even if I'm not a big armor fan. Also Steady Breath on Celica seems a good choice, she is able to aether herself back to full health often enough.   

Wait, you sacrificed Gunnthrá for Reposition (which she previously inherited?)? Also your 4* Sharena got some expensive SI (Steady Stance, Slaying Lance+), why don't you give her the promotion? 

I like your approach, congratulations!

Thanks for the complement.  Also, Sharena will be promoted soon, but for now I'm trying to save up a surplus of feathers to contribute to a few projects.  In the meantime, I'll keep trying to make her as strong as I can while still at 4 stars.  :^_^:

@Rafiel's Aria Ha! Thanks. And for the plug as well! The more people that see Matthew's potential the better. I really was looking forward to this particular legendary battle because I was indeed looking at the fight in a similar context as you, Matthew being ready to spar with Hector and despite not being the strongest in combat, he's hardened up due to all those (possibly forced) sparring matches with Hector and this was just one taken to the apex. Never the less, I hope you continue to enjoy these clears. The Legendary Battles are by far the hardest content in the game right now and the funnest to tackle with this team.

@NegativeExponents- The theme I used was "Mechanical Rhythm" from Xenoblade Chronicles. Wasn't intending on using both it and the song before it, but both of them were so fitting for the battle I simply couldn't choose one over the other.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170304043051

@mampfoid @mcsilas @Alexmender @Ginko @kirauza343

I wasn't expecting to be able to do this, but I'm going to call you guys back to this topic one last time for one more clear. 

I've really been playing around in my head when it comes to my Morgan team. Ripping it up from the bottom and starting fresh or continuing to go on with what I have. Replacing Amelia with L!Hector who's far and away a superior unit who would have more synergy with my team. But I've chosen the hard route. I want to make this team work and so I'm going to lock them in. Supports and all. I didn't think I'd be able to beat a Legendary Map with this team as I haven't been able to yet but perseverance (and the right combination of buffs and spurs) wins the day. The battle is gone, but this was recorded on the last day, may I present to you my M!Morgan team clear.

Guess it's time to deck out Priscilla and Amelia finally.

@Zeo Amelia got butt hurt so many times but Prisilla save her ass. Grima's Truth is such a great tome. It save Morgan's life with it's debuff. For some reason, I recommend you might change his special to be Moonbow/ Luna since he didn't deal much damage to scale with Glimmer. Funny to watch Amelia hurt again and again lol but nice work!

Edited by Ginko

@Zeo Wow that was a clutch moment, I was not sure how you would handle the part where Ninian was alone in front if that green dragon and Morgan in front of Hector. Morgan barely surviving with 1 HP was a great, but also Amilias fight against the Sword Cav was pretty cool. I didn't notice Chill Res on Morgan before, too bad only Morgan really profits from it on this team (until you build also Priscilla).  

Nice clear, I'm glad you went through the effort! 

@Zeo @mampfoid @Rafiel's Aria @Ginko @NegativeExponents-

A bit late but I finally had time to record a few clears in the last day. It started with one theme clear, then evolved to a few different clears with different teams.

First off is a clear with the two Legendary FE7 Lords, Hector and Lyn- featuring an all-stat Tactic strat and Sakura.

Team is L!Hector (+Def/-Spd), L!Lyn (+Res/-Def), Sakura (+Res/-Def) and Siegbert (+Spd/-Def).

Music is Blooming Villain from Persona 5. It's amazing how well the music matches up to key moments in the video, so definitely have a listen to it @mampfoid

Not much to say, fully boosted Lector tanks really well with both the buffs and the Thunder Armads. Sakura was also pivotal with healing him back up, and Physic+ was the perfect staff as her placement dictated where the lance reinforcement would spawn.

----

Video #2 is an idea that evolved from the first one- a Tactical Assault team with a Tactician trainee Katarina! 

Team is +Spd/-Res Katarina, +Res/-Def L!Lyn, +Spd/-Def Sogurd and +Atk/-HP B!Ninian.

Music is Will Power from Persona 5

Again, using the all stat Tactic skills to buff Katarina's bladetome assault. B!Ninian's Guidance was also key as the team ended up in the bottom left corner.

-------

Third video is a (mostly) Assassin Emblem team- with Katraina, the Black Fang's Linus, the ninja Saizo and... a masked dancer who tried to 'dispose' of a certain slipperu creature if that counts?

Team is +Spd/-Res Katarina, +Spd/-Res Saizo, neutral Linus and +Spd/-HP PA!Azura.

Music is Keeper of Lust from Persona 5

I love using Linus- I don't have an optimal Raven but Linus works for me. In one of my alternate clears, he was able to finish off Hector with Luna, even when he had high health! Luna is great for Infernal stat boosted units.

Also this is the debut of my newly promoted Saizo, so I'm finally on the debuffing dagger train @Zeo! I look forward to using his Smoke Dagger more and more in PvE. Also Draw Back OP - mostly because I had no Reposition left but it turns out Draw Back is perfect for this map.

-------

Lastly, I have a FE7 theme team of the main characters in their alt form but this post is getting a bit long and I need to re-render it so that will have to wait tomorrow :)

----

Also @Zeo you better give Ninian Hone Spd 3 (from a spare Matthew after you complete him?) or something :P

But yeah nice clear, even if Amelia and Priscilla don't have much skills inherited yet (but sometimes that's all you need). Morgan had some close calls there but great to see you pull it off- never underestimate Spurs! Also Soul Eater music!

@mcsilas It's never too late to see these fun clears from you ^^. Hector team don't need a healer if you give him Aether, that's what I see. I need that green Lyn!! she will be part of my LA! Roy then my Shiro and Siegbert will be more scary than ever.

Katarina Unlimited Blade Works offense looks deadly with old style Hit and Run strategy.

Saizo is helpful too on 3rd clear. Chip damage and debuff to support the team.

Last but not least, all Persona 5 songs!! I'm going to use these song too but they are too long and doesn't fit my clear. I'm not good with video editting so my insert song will depend on my video duration.

Cheers!!

Edited by Ginko

@Zeo Wow! The battle of attrition Amelia had while M!Morgan was destroying the upper side of the map, it is a delight to see how that team has a fantastic synergy between each other. It was full of clutch moments like Morgan getting to exactly 1 Hp fighting Hector or Amelia tanking a Wo Dao boosted special. Bravo, that clear was super cool!

@mcsilas Wow so many clears!

The music was worth to wait until I arrived home (I usually don't have my headphones with me), but it was not exclusive to the first clear. Perhaps I liked the second track more. Is Persona worth to play? I played only very few console titles. 

Nice clears overall and a showcase of units I don't have, so it's good to see them in action. Missing L'Ector, Llyn, Katerina, Saizo (not promoted) and flying Ninian, where especially Katarina eluded me often. 

Newest Hector is really a monster with all those buffs, Katarina was made for this blade tome and Saizos first Savage Blow is pretty satisfying to see. 

Linus is cool, I promoted him for his TTs, but he won't get his refinement because already Raven got his. Anyway great to see him fully built and in action. 

Big congratulations! 

@mcsilas Bah! I wanted to use Blooming Villain! I just wasn't sure of when I wanted to use it. Kinda was thinking about it for Oliver and my Morgan team but decided against it. I'll still use it though. 

The theme was perfect for the first battle. That Hector is a hulking fortress that, with tactics buffs would make even my Matthew blush. It also reminds me of how sad I am that I don't have L!Lyn (darn you having all the Lyns! I didn't get the chance to respond to you pulling LA!Lyn but you better believe I'm jealous! Belated grats by the way.) Probably my favorite clear of the bunch. A lot of times the music synergized with the battle.

I always marvel just a little bit whenever I see red bladetome mages as I technically don't have a built one of my own. She put in quite a bit of work there. Impressive work using her and L!Lyn as meatshields as well having just enough HP left to finish the fight. After using my Matthew team for so long I'm not used to repositioning people out of danger all that much, we just tank everything, even Genny. Seeing someone else do that with not-so-tanky units takes me back a bit sometimes.

Eeeyyy! Welcome to the dagger club! Saizo is a pretty good choice. Close Counter is something you should strongly consider giving him if you're going to build him up. Most people say he's superior to Matthew in that regard. He can't deal with Magic as well as Matthew can, but for all intents and purposes as an offensive unit or exclusively physical tank? Saizo is superior. Katarina still put in a lot of work here but Saizo was cool to see and yeah, Linus is basically Raven if you don't have Raven. No harm in building him up. I did and he's great.

All in all fantastic clears, though I'm biased to the first. Also I just have Ninian Hone SPD 3 a short while ago lol. I forgot I had a spare Eirika. That extra point of speed actually makes quite a bit of difference. You wouldn't believe how much.

@Zeo Hey fellow -Spd Lyn buddy! (Besides LA!Lyn my Bride Lyn is also -Spd haha.) I'm glad I completed it, I just needed a blue armour the most for general use- Lyn Emblem was a side effect. Thanks and yeah it's an amazing coincidence how the different parts of the song match up to what happens on the screen. Also the rocking guitars really seem to fit a Hector-focused map since he's a man of action, so I felt this was the best type to bust out Persona 5 songs haha

I should've named the Katarina/L!Lyn/Siegbert one Desperate tactics- because both Siegbert and L!Lyn have Desperation AND the Tactic skills, while the trainee Tactician also has Desperation haha

I always found a fondness for Saizo for some reason in Heroes. I was neutral to him in Fates but his Heroes stat spread really intrigued me (he was annoying to kill back in the early 10th Stratum quests) so I wanted to build Saizo for the longest time and finally promoted him a few weeks ago as a prize for helping out in the Linus GHB. I could've used my +Atk Sothe but I felt Saizo would he more fun to use for this clear. Yeah I'm a bit torn on who to give Close Counter to right now- it's either Halloween Henry or Saizo (hence the filler HP+3 skill in case I ever decide).

As for Linus, it helps that I love his art and voice lines - RIP Lloyd :( ...That reminds me, I specifically didn't use Dance on Linus when he had to tank the flier because if I used Axura's buffs on him, Desperation wouldn't activate and the sword cavalier would KO Linus.

@mampfoid Thanks! Persona is very worth it, but it's a VERY long JRPG though haha. But do get to try it, Persona 5 has some of the best UI interface design I've seen an dthe music in all the Persona scenes are always top quality! I hope you get Katarina in the inevitable New Power banner, I hope she gets a good weapon! And yeah Double Savage Blow is always satisfying to see. Yeah Raven is better but you can always go for the defensive route for Linus to be different :)

@Ginko Thanks, glad to see people find my clears fun. I was disappointed i didn't get to make one for Lyoma, so I hope the map comes back. These LHBs also almost always come at busy periods for me, hence the lateness. Also a lot of my clears take long haha (maybe because I don't use merges?) so Persona music is perfect haha. I even have to use extended versions for some of them!

As for Aether, I'll think about it when I get the fodder haha.

------

@Rafiel's Aria @NegativeExponents- 

Now we move on to what was technically my first clear of the LHB.

Team is +Def/-Spd L!Hector, neutral LA!Eliwood, +Atk/-Def Bride Lyn and +Res/-Def Bride Ninian)

Music is New Order from the King of Fighters XIV (although this was a slight remix of the XI version). Also fittingly named since Hector is the new Marquess.

I couldn't find the reason why, but around the 0:57 mark, if I put Eliwood on the right of Hector, the archer survives Hector. Probably something to do with the positioning? Well anyway...

Originally, the map ended with Eliwood tanking the sword cav (removing the need for Bride Lyn to have Miracle), then advancing towards the red mage as he activated Glacies, but I couldn't replicate that ending anymore since I forgot the exact position. In the end, this ending happened but also was more interesting with the Guidance play and Lyn contributing offensively with exact damage.

Poor brides though hanging on to 1 HP in the end! Speaking of Miracle, Ostia's Pulse and Quickened Pulse helped to reduce the cooldown (didn't want to spend SP on Rehabilitate+ since I'm planning to give her a better heal skill)

11 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid Thanks! Persona is very worth it, but it's a VERY long JRPG though haha. But do get to try it, Persona 5 has some of the best UI interface design I've seen an dthe music in all the Persona scenes are always top quality! I hope you get Katarina in the inevitable New Power banner, I hope she gets a good weapon! And yeah Double Savage Blow is always satisfying to see. Yeah Raven is better but you can always go for the defensive route for Linus to be different :)

Persona sounds interesting, but I won't buy a PS for it (after buying a 2DS just for Awakening). 

21 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Now we move on to what was technically my first clear of the LHB.

Nice theme, but I expected LA!Hector to be honest. ;-) 

Nonetheless, epic legendary Hector encounter. Some close calls, but the brides are primary there for support. 

27 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I couldn't find the reason why, but around the 0:57 mark, if I put Eliwood on the right of Hector, the archer survives Hector. Probably something to do with the positioning? Well anyway...

Strange, none of the enemies has a skill equipped that would mess with Hectors ATK or with the DEF of the archer. 

10 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Nice theme, but I expected LA!Hector to be honest. ;-) 

Well this was my first time trying out L!Hector in a real battle, and I couldn't resist a mirror match :P

10 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Strange, none of the enemies has a skill equipped that would mess with Hectors ATK or with the DEF of the archer. 

Ah I think I mistyped that. I forget the sequence of events- maybe an enemy AI switches attacking order so Hector's Vengeful Fighter deactivated,

Or maybe it was a positioning thing and the deny-followup effect didn't take into effect. It confused me, too.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I think we can conclude that Ursula is secretly S Tier

Speak of the devil.

Brotel's strategy uses 5* vanguard Ike (neutral) with a Quick Riposte 3 seal, 4* Olivia (neutral), 4* Ursula, and 5* BH Lyn (neutral) with Draw Back and a Savage Blow 1 seal.

If you have Savage Blow upgraded to 3, then there's a work around involving having Olivia equip Hone Atk 1 and a Drive Def 2 seal. It'll change some things slightly, but otherwise, everything should work.

Ursula for CYL3. A chance at another healer with a legendary staff even though she doesn't uses staves in Blazing Blade or they could screw over everyone by making her the first unit with 2-3 range.

I really like this map; I'm excited to see it back even with Abyssal mode. I ended up following a similar route as I did for Infernal: starting on the right then maneuvering down and to the left. Cut it real close in a couple of places but damn I feel so accomplished right now managing this without resorting to my flier team.

Lots of interesting inheritance here, especially for making sure Marisa can handle her first batch of enemies (mainly making sure her defense was high enough for her to still be able to double the lance flier) and so that Cherche can survive the sword flier. I knew Atk Smoke on Marisa was a great choice!

Edited by kirauza343