Legendary Hero Battle: Hector

Rafiel's Aria

@Zeo

Really nice bonus clear.

Matthew held his position even against a lot of enemy specials and his teammates covered his back when reinforcements tried to surround him. Excellent teamwork again, where everyone got a part to do.

Well done.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Wow, got my second abyssal clear already. 

dunno if I'm supposed to tag anyone for this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not entirely certain either actually.

Can say that was a really smooth looking clear though. The enemies went down without too much problems and its always nice to see Fmorgan being used too.

20 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Wow, got my second abyssal clear already. 

dunno if I'm supposed to tag anyone for this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You cleared this one rather easily~ I liked that use of Pivot with Hinoka for both getting her out of range and using WOM~

Before I forget again...Celica’s grand adventure continues.

Plus a bonus second one-turn, because I wanted to have some fun with Catria’s Whitewing Lance refinement (what I really need to do is finish merging her...I had her all the way up to +5, and then IS went and released Tana).

Spoiler

• 3 months later...

Let's take apart the Legendary Tin Can!

@mampfoid @Landmaster @mcsilas @kirauza343 @ruruo @Azuris @Sasori @daisy jane @Robert of Normandy

Music: Alien Manifestation - from Nier: Automata

This almost turned into a one-turn clear. I am sure Reyson was more than psyched to take on Hector, but simply surviving was already an impressive feat. Scratching up his face did help  Reyson's husband with taking some sweet vengeance though! Not much to say about the rest of the fight, except that Tibarn sweeped the house. Naesala picked off a few of the more stubborn blues. I still don't know why Intsys is so obsessed with Lance armours. They are in almost every LHB and I hate it.

Anyway, I am having a lot of trouble clearing Marth's LHB with the birbs. The space is just so tight and there so many annoying blues (including another freaking Lance Armour!! ugh). I'll continue fiddling around for a while or even change up the team slightly to make it work. Hopefully I'll have something to show you guys by the end.

15 hours ago, Nanima said:

This almost turned into a one-turn clear. I am sure Reyson was more than psyched to take on Hector, but simply surviving was already an impressive feat. Scratching up his face did help  Reyson's husband with taking some sweet vengeance though! Not much to say about the rest of the fight, except that Tibarn sweeped the house. Naesala picked off a few of the more stubborn blues. I still don't know why Intsys is so obsessed with Lance armours. They are in almost every LHB and I hate it.

Yeah, bulky armors (often enough with wary Fighter on top) became an annoying standard. At least your Naesala didn't have much trouble with this one. 

A beast one-turn clear would have been awesome, but your clear was still great! Tibarn had barely enough HP in some moments, but survived thanks to his support. 

Good luck with Marths map! 

I had beaten this before with a guide, but now I have a chance to beat it on my own and I wanted to do a bit of a theme~ Some Legendary (and a Mythic) Heroes, including a new face!

Not much needed, just Atk Smoke on Alm, Escape Route still working wonders on Tiki, Drive Def on Yune to help Tiki out, and I can't remember why Marth needed Drive Spd, but I think it was to keep Tiki from being doubled at a point (his Breath of Life was needed before but I changed the strategy so it didn't matter much here).

I honestly like mostly their movement quotes, they're so similar to each other it sounds like they're talking to each other: "What's my move?", "A solid move" - "For our future", "It's your future" - "I am mystery", "I'm...okay"

20 hours ago, Nanima said:

Music: Alien Manifestation - from Nier: Automata

Anyway, I am having a lot of trouble clearing Marth's LHB with the birbs. The space is just so tight and there so many annoying blues (including another freaking Lance Armour!! ugh). I'll continue fiddling around for a while or even change up the team slightly to make it work. Hopefully I'll have something to show you guys by the end.

That first turn was great, the map went from swamped to almost empty and Reyson's the MVP for surviving Hector! Tibarn with Desperation is crazy powerful. The birbs took a lot of damage but overall handled most enemies without a problem

Yeah, I'm still trying to beat Marth myself without having to resort to using Reinhardt or something boring like that, and there's just such little space to work with, not to mention my best units are mostly dragons, haha. Good luck with you clear, I'm sure you'll get it!

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, bulky armors (often enough with wary Fighter on top) became an annoying standard. At least your Naesala didn't have much trouble with this one. 

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't Lance Armours. Naesala can power through reds quite easily, but struggles against blues most of the time (thankfully not here). And yeah, the Wary Fighter ones are the worst, and the reason I likely won't complete Marth's map this time around.

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

I had beaten this before with a guide, but now I have a chance to beat it on my own and I wanted to do a bit of a theme~ Some Legendary (and a Mythic) Heroes, including a new face!

Having the Legendaries duke it out was pretty cool. You can really tell their power level on this map. Marth and Tiki really worked hard to take out most of the enemies, while Alm sniped and Yune waited until the end to start her lightshow. Really great how she finished off Hector with Glacies. A wonderful clear!

2 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Yeah, I'm still trying to beat Marth myself without having to resort to using Reinhardt or something boring like that, and there's just such little space to work with, not to mention my best units are mostly dragons, haha. Good luck with you clear, I'm sure you'll get it!

I sure hope so, though at this point I am prepared to wait until a rerun where I have access to more broken skills/Naesala merges.

14 hours ago, Landmaster said:

That's a nice collection of legs you're fielding against Hector, he should feel honored. Yune seems really useful, debuffing and doubling everybody. Best part is the beaming dragon armor lady, it's becoming a classic. Who needs Bold Fighter? 

@mampfoid @mcsilas @Landmaster

I'm glad this finally came back because I wasn't able to clear the Abyssal difficulty of this last time but this time... this time Hector is going down!

But first, an overdue themed clear that I never got around to posting last time.

Ursula is our Sword and Cav check of which there are a lot of in this map. Also provides a healthy dose of Savage Blow to just about everyone on the map.

Lloyd is our sole res tank to dissuade the Green Mage Cav from attacking first and with the help of Close Def he can tank and counter kill the dragon. He's also the only unit other than Nino capable of doubling things without a breaker. Oh, and he's def stacked to make sure Hector attacks Linus instead of him.

Nino in here really made me wish for an owltome. Blade was just so useless in this fight with no one able to buff her. She needs a stack of Ursula's savage blow, support with Lloyd, the Drive Atk from Linus, and Flashing Blade just to barely get the kill on the Green Mage Cav. So happy she has her refine now. Other than that, she was helpful for being the only one who could deal with the weakened Hector and getting rid of the blue fridge in a timely fashion.

Linus is there to be an annoying cockroach being the only unit with passable defense and Sol to self sustain. He hits like truck too so that's a plus.

--------------------------------------

Heh... My Hector is faster

...than the entire map.

So what's the thing that comes mind when you think about Hector? His amazing defense and attack? Distant Counter? Armads? OHO? But what about his amazing 51 spd? That's right with the help of hefty spd stacking we can unlock Hector's true potential. A being revered and feared by all.

Ok, so most of everything is pretty self explanatory but you might be wondering why L!Lyn is running Spur Spd instead of Spd Tactics and that's because Spur Spd with rally Spd is actually better by 1 point and that 1 point is what we need to reach the all important 51 spd stat because any lower than that and Hector will be unable to double the Peg Knights.

As for the non-Hectors, well, I didn't need to change a thing really. They were perfect as is.

The Lyns take a beating with OG!Lyn having a scuffle with dragon and Axe Cav meanwhile L!Lyn softens some enemies for Hector.

Eliwood stays well protected by the lords while he stands there and looks pretty, filling the party with determination.

--------------------------

On 4/29/2019 at 9:23 AM, Landmaster said:

Woah, that was pretty epic. Marth and Tiki do the brunt of the work with Yune just debuffing everyone and Alm sniping wherever he can. And who knew a teleporting dragon could so useful? Seeing Tiki beam around like that neat.

I think I accidently erased the mesage I was about to post while my youtube video was taking hours to load. So my replies on everyone's clears will be a bit shorter now.

@Nanima
I fully agree blue armours are a big pain. My Sharena team hates them. Also surprised Reyson did not get one shot by Hector.

@Landmaster
Nice new addition of Yune. Her debuffs probably saved the day a few times. Its hard to be sure of that. LMarth is also nice to see. Reminds me to take my old one out more. I'm also pretty jealous of your Alm. He's been avoiding me.

@NegativeExponents-
Cool thumbnail. Also 51 one speed on Hector of all things is kinda insane. Not entirely sure how you pulled it off.

Meanwhile I was a bit bummed when Winter Eirika showed her face this legendary banner instead of Alm. But she's what I got so I might as well build a team around her. So Its Miracle man Seliph and two strong little girls. it was a bit of a puzzle to get all on 57 atk, but now they all got a neat little boost.
@mampfoid @Robert of Normandy

Edited by Sasori

3 hours ago, Sasori said:

Meanwhile I was a bit bummed when Winter Eirika showed her face this legendary banner instead of Alm. But she's what I got so I might as well build a team around her. So Its Miracle man Seliph and two strong little girls. it was a bit of a puzzle to get all on 57 atk, but now they all got a neat little boost.

Interesting theme. Good work on the clear! Seliph kept taking hits and kept on trucking.

On 4/28/2019 at 2:51 PM, Nanima said:

Very nice! Almost looked like you were going for a one turn, you took out so many guys on turn one.

Edited by Robert of Normandy

On 5/1/2019 at 12:20 PM, NegativeExponents- said:

I'm glad this finally came back because I wasn't able to clear the Abyssal difficulty of this last time but this time... this time Hector is going down!

But first, an overdue themed clear that I never got around to posting last time.

Ursula is our Sword and Cav check of which there are a lot of in this map. Also provides a healthy dose of Savage Blow to just about everyone on the map.

Lloyd is our sole res tank to dissuade the Green Mage Cav from attacking first and with the help of Close Def he can tank and counter kill the dragon. He's also the only unit other than Nino capable of doubling things without a breaker. Oh, and he's def stacked to make sure Hector attacks Linus instead of him.

Nino in here really made me wish for an owltome. Blade was just so useless in this fight with no one able to buff her. She needs a stack of Ursula's savage blow, support with Lloyd, the Drive Atk from Linus, and Flashing Blade just to barely get the kill on the Green Mage Cav. So happy she has her refine now. Other than that, she was helpful for being the only one who could deal with the weakened Hector and getting rid of the blue fridge in a timely fashion.

Linus is there to be an annoying cockroach being the only unit with passable defense and Sol to self sustain. He hits like truck too so that's a plus.

--------------------------------------

...than the entire map.

So what's the thing that comes mind when you think about Hector? His amazing defense and attack? Distant Counter? Armads? OHO? But what about his amazing 51 spd? That's right with the help of hefty spd stacking we can unlock Hector's true potential. A being revered and feared by all.

Ok, so most of everything is pretty self explanatory but you might be wondering why L!Lyn is running Spur Spd instead of Spd Tactics and that's because Spur Spd with rally Spd is actually better by 1 point and that 1 point is what we need to reach the all important 51 spd stat because any lower than that and Hector will be unable to double the Peg Knights.

As for the non-Hectors, well, I didn't need to change a thing really. They were perfect as is.

The Lyns take a beating with OG!Lyn having a scuffle with dragon and Axe Cav meanwhile L!Lyn softens some enemies for Hector.

Eliwood stays well protected by the lords while he stands there and looks pretty, filling the party with determination.

--------------------------

Woah, that was pretty epic. Marth and Tiki do the brunt of the work with Yune just debuffing everyone and Alm sniping wherever he can. And who knew a teleporting dragon could so useful? Seeing Tiki beam around like that neat.

Thanks! Yeah, beaming Armors can be unexpectedly useful~

The Black Fang seems disadvantaged at first, aside from Ursula sniping away the early threats, but they come back to dish out damage of their own. Nino and Linus help Ursual getting rid of Hector’s goons in the middle, while Lloyd was keeping that left corner in check and he even finishes off the lance, that was awesome!

I see 51 Spd Hector, I click. He is tanking. He is doubling. He is serving Hector awesomeness! Just perfection! Poor L!Lyn takes a lot of bullying from that Lance Flier, while OG!Lyn keeps the bottom of the map empty of foes. Eliwood lends a hand where he can and is a great cheerleader, Epic clear, made it look like it wasn't even an Abyssal clear!

On 5/2/2019 at 4:24 PM, Sasori said:

Thanks! The debuffs from Yune were pretty helpful in the beginning mostly when Tiki was doing her tanking and the lowered Res helped her do some more damage~

Unfortunate you couldn’t get Alm but we see you’re making the most out of Eirika. Making nice use of those buffs by giving everyone the same Atk stat, just awesome. Seliph is able to tank foes on all sides, back to back, while Sanaki snipes and Myrrh handles the right side. Not often Myrrh is run with her native Fury but she really benefits from those stats it gives. Eirika of course keeps everyone healthy~ Great work and I hope you manage to get Alm!

On 2.5.2019 at 10:24 PM, Sasori said:

I fully agree blue armours are a big pain. My Sharena team hates them. Also surprised Reyson did not get one shot by Hector.

We need to find out where they make them and attack them with can openers. And yep, Reyson must be proud that he is tough enough in this game to survive one (1) hit from one of the strongest guys out there. Totally worth all the broken bones. xD

Meanwhile I was a bit bummed when Winter Eirika showed her face this legendary banner instead of Alm. But she's what I got so I might as well build a team around her.

Sorry to hear you couldn't get Alm, but ooh boy, those are some nice stat boosts! Good job on getting them all to line up. Your Seliph is so strong and durable. He took on a lot of the forces by himself. Sanaki burned her way through the lines and Myrrh ate all those pesky blues, while Eirika kept everyone alive and buffed. I loved the final duel between Seliph and Hector so much. What a great firework show. Well done!

On 3.5.2019 at 12:14 AM, Robert of Normandy said:

Very nice! Almost looked like you were going for a one turn, you took out so many guys on turn one.

Yeah, I am sure Reyson would have wanted to do that, but alas he lacks the power. haha;;

15 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Revisited this one too.

Hector just left himself wide-open for your ladies. Caeda carved through his armour like a hot knife through butter. It was especially impressive to see Minerva tank and counter-kill the red cav. Excellent clear! 

22 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Revisited this one too.

@Landmaster @mampfoid @Sasori @daisy jane @Nanima

Not much to say here, wasn't nearly as tricky to figure out as Marth's.

That was great, nice use of the Savage Blow chipping to get the other kills in. Minerva is awesome tanking the Sword Cav!

On 3-5-2019 at 12:14 AM, Robert of Normandy said:

Interesting theme. Good work on the clear! Seliph kept taking hits and kept on trucking.

Its what Seliph does best.

Also that was a powerful Finish from Minerva despite the weapon triangle disadvantage.

On 4-5-2019 at 3:50 AM, Landmaster said:

Thanks! The debuffs from Yune were pretty helpful in the beginning mostly when Tiki was doing her tanking and the lowered Res helped her do some more damage~

Unfortunate you couldn’t get Alm but we see you’re making the most out of Eirika. Making nice use of those buffs by giving everyone the same Atk stat, just awesome. Seliph is able to tank foes on all sides, back to back, while Sanaki snipes and Myrrh handles the right side. Not often Myrrh is run with her native Fury but she really benefits from those stats it gives. Eirika of course keeps everyone healthy~ Great work and I hope you manage to get Alm!

Thanks. It probably won't be on this run, but my hope is that Lalm will just be as ever present as FGrima. I'm bound to run into him eventually.

I believe I often see Myrh with the anti arrow skill, but i'm not entirely sure. Never really used her before other then getting her to lvl 40. But she was tanky enough for Abyssal and Sanaki appreciated the +5 damage.

21 hours ago, Nanima said:

We need to find out where they make them and attack them with can openers. And yep, Reyson must be proud that he is tough enough in this game to survive one (1) hit from one of the strongest guys out there. Totally worth all the broken bones. xD

Sorry to hear you couldn't get Alm, but ooh boy, those are some nice stat boosts! Good job on getting them all to line up. Your Seliph is so strong and durable. He took on a lot of the forces by himself. Sanaki burned her way through the lines and Myrrh ate all those pesky blues, while Eirika kept everyone alive and buffed. I loved the final duel between Seliph and Hector so much. What a great firework show. Well done!

Thanks It was fun to see how high the stats could go. A potential of 72 atk for sanaki was pretty cool even if it did't lead to one shotting.

Seliph turned out to be quite the happy accident on my part. Unlike Roy I did't plan for him to become my project, but he turned just as reliable.

Sorry for the late replies, had this topic in my browser tabs too long.

On 1.5.2019 at 6:20 PM, NegativeExponents- said:

The fangs intrude Hectors palace! How could they sneak him up that way?  

Nice anti-WTA finisher with Lloyd, after the greens took over Hector. 

On 1.5.2019 at 6:20 PM, NegativeExponents- said:

That's hilarious and I love it! (reminds me a bit of my attempts to make Cherche fast). Really a great idea. 

Is it another FE7 themed clear by accident? 

Didn't think it was possible to make Hector double everyone on this map. Almost forgot about Beserk Armads, but you show how great it can be with Special Fighter. 

Congrats! 

I'm sorry you didn't get Alm. Hope next time you are more lucky. 

ATK/SPD+2 on Myrrh? Ah I get it, it's to hit the 57 ATK exactly. Nice way to buff a team all over the map. 

Seliph is really hard to kill and get one-rounds Hector just like that. Sanaki got a nice 100% against the sword cav in the beginning. 

Congrats! 

On 4.5.2019 at 4:17 AM, Robert of Normandy said:

Not much to say here, wasn't nearly as tricky to figure out as Marth's.

Oh, a Astra-Anti-WTA finisher, nice! Congrats! 

• 8 months later...

Finally beat this one after letting it sit uncleared after all this time. Just never had a strong bow unit that could deal with all those pegasus knights and mage units until NY!Anna came along.

• 6 months later...
On 2/6/2020 at 8:27 AM, NSSKG151 said:

Finally beat this one after letting it sit uncleared after all this time. Just never had a strong bow unit that could deal with all those pegasus knights and mage units until NY!Anna came along.

Only one Anna?! I'm shocked 😛 Looks like bombing everyone with Glacies is really fun.

I'm not really sure why the quality on this is so bad. It looked fine on my computer. 

I forgot what Catria's special quotes were until I did this. I miss using Luna. 

Well, I finally did it. I cleared Legendary Hector's battle on Abyssal. This is the first Abyssal I've ever cleared, and I did it with no guides. +10 Brave Lyn, +10 Reinhardt, +3 Brave Ike, and a Brave Edelgard, with Summoner Support on the first three with heavy skill investment.

• 5 months later...