Shadow Dragon - Full Content Patch - v1.2 released 7/8/18

[account inactive]

Can I just say thank you so much for this.

Shadow Dragon was one of my first FE games and a game hat I hold dear and the fact that I can now experience everything in one playthrough (minus the sacrifice, RIP Frey) just makes me so happy.

Now I have something to do for the summer anyway.

Thanks again :)

I got an error using the patch with Archs synch patch.

[7:56:14 PM] An error has occurred: xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

Does this mean the Rom is invalid? Or is it something else?

2 hours ago, Dandragon said:

I got an error using the patch with Archs synch patch.

[7:56:14 PM] An error has occurred: xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

Does this mean the Rom is invalid? Or is it something else?

I'm unable to replicate this glitch, and judging by the error message, you're using the wrong ROM. Make sure the ROM - BEFORE you patch it, just completely unaltered - matches these values and use the linked website to check:

Original CRC32: 4CE55236
Original MD5: 5B7A037DFF5A904078404922642A01E8
Original SHA-1: 5174FBAB0C159CE247CCF133A8103B79FAE1435F

http://onlinemd5.com/

I've updated the patch so that no enemies in Prologue 1 scale up, and only two of the enemies in Prologue 2 scale up - 3 and 4 have everyone scaled, but by then you'll have an army of five, a cache of vulneraries, and be in an outside map with lots of terrain to play with.

This update also includes a fix to glitched Pegasus Knight animations in the FE11FCPWithGraphics.xdelta variant.

I've uploaded a fixed version to RH.net, but they take a while to process updates, so you can find the fixed version here until then:

EDIT: Update live on RH.net page

APPLY THIS TO A CLEAN ROM; DON'T APPLY IT TO YOUR ALREADY-PATCHED ROM.

Also, existing saves are compatible, but I would restart the current chapter you're on - load the save made after you clear one chapter and before the next starts.

Edited by Cirosan

2 hours ago, JamesBCrazy said:

Crashing on Prologue 4 decoy scene on Normal difficulty. Trying to see what's causing it.

Please specify which version of the patch you're using, and provide a save file for me to test with. Also try other variants of the patch and see if they work - your save file is compatible between patches; just restart the current chapter (load the save made after the last chapter ended and before the next chapter began).

Okay, I did a little more testing on both Desmume and my flashcart (DSTWO).

On patch version 1.0, the game softlocks at the decoy scene (when the enemy soldier talks to the captain.) Skipping the cutscene does not help.

On 1.1, the game softlocks on flashcart, but not on emulator.

I'll keep trying and see if I can find out what's actually causing this.

Edit. The issue i was having was resolved. Now i'm just wondering why none of the stats i encountered so far have changed to the fe12 versions when using the sync patch

Edited by bcbbb

This is pretty neat, I'm so glad I can play FE11 with the FE12 map sprites without having player units with their FE12 growths. That was so broken and made the game way too easy.

I haven't played this yet but I have one question, are playable ballistae still red? Because that triggered me a lot in the sync patch. 

You have done the Lord's work, good sir. I'll admit I probably like Shadow Dragon a fair bit more than most, but having all it's inane flaws fixed up is going to be great. I'll definitely be showing this off to my (very small) Twitch audience! Thanks for all the work you've been putting into this, and congratulations on finally finishing all of it!

EDIT: Found a minor graphical bug while streaming it where Cain's critical animation made the game freak out. This was done on Version 1.1 on Brutal/Hard 2 difficulty, in DeSmuME 0.9.8. This is using the patch that includes the graphical updates but not the Sync Patch (FE11FCPWithGraphics). See the glitch in action below:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/281670448

Edited by MegaTheGamer

A major update is now available on the download page which, among other things, addresses the problem with red friendly ballisticians. Shamelessly copying from the changelog:

- Fixed a major bug with battle animations in the FE11FCPWithGraphics variant
- Friendly ballisticians will no longer appear red in the FE11FCPWithGraphics and FE11FCPWithSyncPatch variants
- All patches will no longer trim ROMs and leave them at the original 64mb size to be compatible with certain emulators

Barring further issues, this should be the last update for this patch. Famous last words, I know.

Oh, and pinging for convenience - @MegaTheGamer, this update fixes the animation glitch you found. I'm glad you were able to laugh it off in the Twitch clip; I've seen much angrier reactions to glitches.

Edited by Cirosan

Oh hey, thanks for the heads-up. I don’t think was another response but to laugh it off, lol. No point getting angry about a glitch, especially one so minor. As long as they don’t corrupt my saves or something, I just find them funny.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 14/02/2019 at 1:40 PM, Master X said:

Can the game be patched using an android patcher? because I wanna play it on my phone too..

Can some one link an already patched rom? Want to play it on my phone too...

• 2 months later...
On 5/24/2020 at 12:18 AM, Cooligno1234 said:

There is a form to get a four Elysian Whip in the game? becuase i only have 3 and the 3 Pegasus Knights are Promoted( Sheeda, Catria, Palla)

1) Necropost
2) AFAIK, no. You could only get 3 Elysian Whips from Online Shop in the normal game, so its consistent.

15 hours ago, Kruggov said:

1) Necropost
2) AFAIK, no. You could only get 3 Elysian Whips from Online Shop in the normal game, so its consistent.

Oh, no problem in my next game i will use the pegasus sisters only because i've never seen a Triangle Attack that was not on YouTube

Edit: sorry fot the necropost

Edited by Cooligno1234
Apologize the necropost