You've just woken up in the Hospital. CYOA

ProfImpossible

45 minutes ago, ProfImpossible said:

(seems like she's kinda into you too)

B.) Ask her to live with you on your orange orchard.

Your heart flutters as you hold out your hand. You tell her you've been working to start an orange orchard which you now intend to name in her honor. Tangelo Orchard you'll call it (although that might be misleading since you have no intention of growing tangelos...) Finally, you say you know you don't have much to offer, but you would be honored if she would deign to call the orchard her earthly home. She looks you over, then smiles and says yes, she would be happy to live with you on your orchard. You're not sure what your partner will have to say about this, but whatever, it's probably fine. He'll be one of your first converts. And now, you are faced with a choice.

A) Live happily ever after on the orchard until some unforeseen cataclysmic event calls you back to battle as an old Saint of Tangelo in a few decades. (LET'S TIMESKIP FOLKS whooooo)

B) Eat an orange and regain your psychic powers (and maybe cause the apocalypse in the process, who knows?)

C) Die happy.

D) Wake up in the hospital.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have truly pondered the meaning of Tangelo.

1 hour ago, Solvaij said:

D) Wake up in the hospital.

You bring Tangelo onto Maximilliano the Wyvern and fly towards the home of Maximilliano the Human, the two of you speaking endlessly of how you will spend the rest of your days raising oranges together. She turns to you, you turn to her. The two of you lean in, and then, in that electric moment-

Boom. You wake up strapped to a metal table. In the hospital.

"Subject has regained consciousness," says a nerd with a clipboard. "Commence testing basic cognitive functions." Some other nerd nods and holds up a small mirror to your face. You instantly recognize the reflection as your own. So far so good with your cognitive functions. You are-

A) Principle Skinner

B) Nowi

C) Markiplier

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

10 hours ago, Solvaij said:

The pegasus knight rolls her eyes, but you can tell she's into it anyway. She says she's not dead, you idiot. This is what really happened....

A) Aum Staff

B) Outrealms nonsense

C) Body double by Invoke magic

D) She's a goddess!! (Looks like you've got a religion now, sport!)

I was actually going to try and manipulate it so that she was an identical sister, and there's a whole family of similarly looking Pegasus Knights we could burn through, but good job I like all these options XD

You appear to be a Vietnam vet in his late 40s (despite the war happening about that many years ago, also yes, you are now confirmed to be male). "What's happening?" you cry. "Where's my goddess? I want to go back!?"

You

A) Hold tight and see where this goes.

B) You haven't ingested any citrus, but maybe you still have your psychic powers in this world.

C) Ask them over for an unforgettable luncheon.

D) Pray to your goddess to help.

At this point, I think I'm going to demand someone draw some official art of our orange obsessed psychic pirate monk that looks like Skinner.

Edited by Jotari

17 hours ago, Jotari said:

A) Hold tight and see where this goes.

Now you remember! You rejoined the army to try and get a new lease on life, and agreed to a set of experimental tests. (side effects may include temporary amnesia, loss of equilibrium and giddiness) If your good at one thing, it's pretending things didn't happen. You're pretty sure this is one of those times. You sit tight and see where this goes.

After a while a nurse comes in and asks what you would like for lunch.

A.) A thin stew consisting of prawns and coconut milk.

B.) Steamed hams.

C.) Oranges, you have an insatiable lust for oranges.

D.) I will dine on mustard flown in from the Orient!

20 hours ago, Jotari said:

At this point, I think I'm going to demand someone draw some official art of our orange obsessed psychic pirate monk that looks like Skinner.

It would be worthy of the refrigerator. But first, let us see what other insanity will transpire, so that it will not be left out of the image.

2 hours ago, ProfImpossible said:

A.) A thin stew consisting of prawns and coconut milk.

Shortly after, whole kitchen is rolled into the room. Walking behind it is a man wearing an apron. His lower body is obscured by the kitchen's island, and his head is covered by a box with the YouTube search bar plastered on the front. The man then proceeds to prepare your stew in front of you while giving a detailed explanation of the process. This level of freshness comes at a cost though, as you will have to actually wait for the soup to be prepared.

A) Try to use your psychic powers to make the time go by faster

B) Worry about Mother

C) Worry about Tangelo

D) Request that Thai Bird's Eye Chilis be added to the stew

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

On 7/2/2018 at 10:57 PM, Jotari said:

I was actually going to try and manipulate it so that she was an identical sister, and there's a whole family of similarly looking Pegasus Knights we could burn through, but good job I like all these options XD

Ah shoot, that didn't even cross my mind! lol

5 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

C) Worry about Tangelo

As you wait for your soup to be prepared, you worry about your citrus-y goddess. Is it possible that it was all a dream? A figment of your imagination? It felt too real. It seems like you've been there before... You're still strapped to the table so the chef feeds the soup to you when he's finished. Then he leaves you alone with your thoughts. Although the nerds with the clipboards said the tests hadn't gone as planned, they still won't let you move. You decide to:

A) Try to use psychic powers

B) Try cross over

C) Yell for a nurse

D) Pray to your goddess

Edited by Solvaij

52 minutes ago, Solvaij said:

A) Try to use psychic powers

You 'forced' to retried your powers after you heard, "The tests seems failed. We have no choice. Prepare the procedure now! We will performing brain surgery!"

But, nothing happen. It seems you lost your power. Then you heard the chef said, "The soup is the last meal that we served. I believe there's no regrets later on." Then the nurses and doctors comes around you. You knew you will 'back' to your precious world before, but you heard, "No anesthetic! We need to know what happen after we disabled the powers." You....

A. Panic and begging for anesthetic

B. Laugh and pretend to be insane

C. Tried to rampage even strapped down

D. Passed out

56 minutes ago, illegal knight said:

D. Passed out

You passed out from the shock. Upon awakening, you find the staff were distracted by a lockdown caused by an insane gunman, and upon resuming work got you mixed up with one of their sex change patients. Staring down at your surgically altered body, you feel...

A. Disturbed (wait... how did they mess that up?)

B. Aroused (now I can be the girlfriend)

C. Suicidal (will Tangelo still want me? My life is ruined)

D. All of the above

Edited by Mad-manakete

On 7/2/2018 at 10:57 PM, Jotari said:

I know Speed said we should wait, but I had to. We can do his promoted art later.

Spoiler

TANGELO.thumb.jpg.8064f3bae3e96c821e60f5a214a0916a.jpg

Both arms are deformed given the numerous experiments he's endured.

Now somebody else do Taneglo.

2 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:

You passed out from the shock. Upon awakening, you find the staff were distracted by a lockdown caused by an insane gunman, and upon resuming work got you mixed up with one of their sex change patients. Staring down at your surgically altered body, you feel...

A. Disturbed (wait... how did they mess that up?)

B. Aroused (now I can be the girlfriend)

C. Suicidal (will Tangelo still want me? My life is ruined)

D. All of the above

A and B. You feel quite disturbed, but also slightly aroused. A mirror rests on the bed side table. You pick it up to see your face looks like...it was before. Man, what a crappy sex change. Anyway, it seems you're no longer restrained. You.. 

A) Use your new found freedom to explore the hospital.

B) Hone psychic powers.

C) Hide in the closet (to metaphorically represent your new found sexual confusion, and also to spy on whomever comes by)

D) Will yourself to return to your goddess using a combination of prayer, meditation and psychic powers.

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

D) Will yourself to return to your goddess using a combination of prayer, meditation and psychic powers.

Finally you met the goddess, but the goddess unable to knew you anymore, since you has 'changed'. It will be the last time you meet her even you are so curious about 'another world' before and you glad that now your nightmare has ended, even now you faced another nightmare (the world of Fire Emblem will not appear again). You wish...

A. You became a rich woman

B. You became a more powerful psychic

C. You become a younger and beautiful girl (reverted age)

D. You want to go home since you remembered your mother

Edited by illegal knight

48 minutes ago, illegal knight said:

Finally you met the goddess, but the goddess unable to knew you anymore (stupid goddess!). You demand to "return" to the world before. But the world granted to you wasn't the world where you met the 'reanimated pegasus knight', but instead an another world.

Despise your protest, the goddess doesn't care. Now you must choose your destiny by rebirth to the new world (as a female with no previous powers at all):

A. Lv.1 Mage (Anima)

B. Lv.1 Shaman (Dark)

C. Lv.1 Diviner (Light)

D. Lv.1 Shrine Maiden (Staff)

That's kind of just a rehash of your first post. Sort of just resets everything back to the start. I'd kind of rather if we kept to just the hospital and fire emblem world's. It's not really the same story if you just keep doing continuity reboots 

I must concur with Jotari. It's kinda disappointing to just drop plot threads / character progression like that. Provided, we forgot that Skinner is a ghost, but it feels a little unsatisfying when he(?) keeps getting reset to level 1 unpromoted with no psychic powers.

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I must concur with Jotari. It's kinda disappointing to just drop plot threads / character progression like that. Provided, we forgot that Skinner is a ghost, but it feels a little unsatisfying when he(?) keeps getting reset to level 1 unpromoted with no psychic powers.

He only believed himself a ghost out of the trauma of getting shot in the head...maybe. We haven't quite figured out what the Fire Emblem world is yet, or if it even exists. Or is it the hospital that is the illusion? Let's find out, instead of just stacking more worlds on top that completely void everything that came before.

Edited by Jotari

12 hours ago, Solvaij said:

I know Speed said we should wait, but I had to. We can do his promoted art later.

Reveal hidden contents

TANGELO.thumb.jpg.8064f3bae3e96c821e60f5a214a0916a.jpg

Both arms are deformed given the numerous experiments he's endured.

Now somebody else do Taneglo.

This is amazing, thank you so much.

8 hours ago, illegal knight said:

A. You became a rich woman

You're only regret in life was that you spent too much time searching after trivial things like love, oranges, and an understanding of yourself. You should've spent more time chasing the only thing that matters, money. A wise man once said "money can be exchanged for goods and services", truer words have never been spoken. You spend the rest of your days as rich lady, ain't life great?

That's the end ( I feel like this one has ran it's course, I'll have a new one soon though), thanks to everyone who kept it going (special thanks to Solvaij for the awesome art), and I hope it was fun for all y'all! 

Edited by ProfImpossible
euphony

But...but...we were still in the hospital. And we never even ate of those goddamned oranges! And we never reached an S rank with the Wyvern!

Edited by Jotari

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

But...but...we were still in the hospital. And we never even ate of those goddamned oranges! And we never reached an S rank with the Wyvern!

Tell me about it. I had plans to do a series of posts to gradually make it similar to the old 2000ad story Mazeworld, where the lead character kept switching between being hung (and later being in the hospital post hanging) to a fantasy world with the question of which one was real, until revealing the plot twist... they both were, and things affecting one would affect the other. It might have been tricky to do, but it would have been fun.

Edit: For anyone wondering, the sex change was a reference to the similar sequence Leslie Nielsen's character suffered in "Superhero Movie", albeit with slightly more explanation.

Edited by Mad-manakete

2 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Technically speaking, there's nothing stopping us from starting *another* thread which picks up where this one left off. I volunteer for it, if @ProfImpossible permits and no one contends for the position.

I'll contribute. But I don't see any reason to make a new thread if profimpossible is cool with us just continuing here