July Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

The only reason why Robin can’t catch a break in these banners is because there are no other colorless legendary heroes. ): I think the one after this month should be a new colorless. 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Aera said:

The only reason why Robin can’t catch a break in these banners is because there are no other colorless legendary heroes. ): I think the one after this month should be a new colorless. 

Making R/G/B bows was a misstep on their part, if you ask me. We'd have 2 of each color by now if they just made Lyn colorless. I don't know why balancing the amount of time between Legendaries returning isn't that important to them, as evidenced by Lyn and supported by the 2 new blues in 3 months. If the analysis is correct, come late September, we'll have 3 reds, 3 greens, 4 blues, and 1 colorless.

I only summon on Legendary Banners so I suppose by that point I'll have a +10 Robin

Edited by Johann

13 minutes ago, Johann said:

Making R/G/B bows was a misstep on their part, if you ask me. We'd have 2 of each color by now if they just made Lyn colorless. I don't know why balancing the amount of time between Legendaries returning isn't that important to them, as evidenced by Lyn and supported by the 2 new blues in 3 months. If the analysis is correct, come late September, we'll have 3 reds, 3 greens, 4 blues, and 1 colorless.

I only summon on Legendary Banners so I suppose by that point I'll have a +10 Robin

I really hate how they've distributed the colours as well (I'm sick of seeing Robin, as I was initially with Gunnthra). 

Although with possible options for colourless Legendary Heroes in Ylgr and a Staff Micaiah, I'm not too worried. I just wish they'd come sooner rather than later. I can understand why they don't want to touch staffs with how cancerous the 'Razzle Dazzle' combination is, but they need to move towards a more unique direction making Legendary Staffs and units feel unique. There's a lot of potential with staffs that they're (understandably) too afraid to tap into. 

Staff users are low BST so aren't in arena much despite their razzle dazzle prowess, they are very strong in single player content but that shouldn't prevent them from releasing a legendary staff user.  

Also as of now you need either Bridal Lyn (seasonal only) or Genny to make Razzle dazzle.  So necessary skill(s) are as rare as it gets.  

24 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Staff users are low BST so aren't in arena much despite their razzle dazzle prowess

The problem isn't their stat total. It's the same as any other Gen 1 ranged unit, and I see those on defense teams in the upper 740's every now and then.

The problem is mostly in their Special skill slot. The highest-SP skill in that slot for a staff user is Miracle, coming in at only 200 SP, which is a large loss compared to Aether and Galeforce for other units at 500 SP. On top of that, there are no obtainable staff users with a 400-SP weapon, which forces players to use 350-SP weapons and drops the unit another point bin.

Spoiler

Maximum for a standard unit is

• 400-SP weapon
  • 300-SP assist
  • 500-SP special
  • 300-SP passive A
  • 240-SP passive B, using a 300-SP skill here doesn't change the point bin, but can substitute for a 240-SP passive A skill (e.g. Zelgius)
  • 240-SP passive C
  • 240-SP Sacred Seal

Maximum for a staff user is

• 350-SP weapon
  • 300-SP assist
  • 200-SP special
  • 240-SP passive A, using a 300-SP skill here doesn't change the point bin because the weapon slot is capped at 350 SP
  • 240-SP passive B
  • 240-SP passive C
  • 240-SP Sacred Seal

This results in staff users being 4 point bins lower than other units from SP total alone. A legendary staff user with a 400-SP weapon and a 500-SP special would immediately close that gap and score just as high as any other ranged unit of their movement type.

I want Ylgr to be a Gen 2 trainee staff infantry with Ice Mirror and an exclusive weapon. Because why not.

44 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The problem isn't their stat total. It's the same as any other Gen 1 ranged unit, and I see those on defense teams in the upper 740's every now and then.

The problem is mostly in their Special skill slot. The highest-SP skill in that slot for a staff user is Miracle, coming in at only 200 SP, which is a large loss compared to Aether and Galeforce for other units at 500 SP. On top of that, there are no obtainable staff users with a 400-SP weapon, which forces players to use 350-SP weapons and drops the unit another point bin.

Hide contents

• 400-SP weapon
  • 300-SP assist
  • 500-SP special
  • 300-SP passive A
  • 240-SP passive B, using a 300-SP skill here doesn't change the point bin, but can substitute for a 240-SP passive A skill (e.g. Zelgius)
  • 240-SP passive C
  • 240-SP Sacred Seal

• 350-SP weapon
  • 300-SP assist
  • 200-SP special
  • 240-SP passive A, using a 300-SP skill here doesn't change the point bin because the weapon slot is capped at 350 SP
  • 240-SP passive B
  • 240-SP passive C
  • 240-SP Sacred Seal

This results in staff users being 4 point bins lower than other units from SP total alone. A legendary staff user with a 400-SP weapon and a 500-SP special would immediately close that gap and score just as high as any other ranged unit of their movement type.

I want Ylgr to be a Gen 2 trainee staff infantry with Ice Mirror and an exclusive weapon. Because why not.

nah give her something unique that supports allies. Like a Spectrum-Balm on 2 cooldowns. and then give her a staff with built in Gravity+ and Pain+ and wrathfull effect on it. On top of that you give her a unique C-Skill that lets Units in Cardinal directions with less then 50% HP teleport to a space adjacent to her. Nifl's call or something like that.

4 minutes ago, Hilda said:

nah give her something unique that supports allies. Like a Spectrum-Balm on 2 cooldowns. and then give her a staff with built in Gravity+ and Pain+ and wrathfull effect on it. On top of that you give her a unique C-Skill that lets Units in Cardinal directions with less then 50% HP teleport to a space adjacent to her. Nifl's call or something like that.

I'm trying to be at least somewhat realistic here.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm trying to be at least somewhat realistic here.

I dont think its so unrealistic at all. I mean they know damn well they need to throw somethign good to get people to pull on Healers. Why do you think we get so little healers? Noone cares for them. Low BST low Skill inheritance options. They have nothing going on for them.

Besides this game has thrown us stuff like Black Luna, Regnal Astra, Ostia Pulse (opens up some interesting combos), Karlas Weapon, a Red Tome that lets units teleport around the map etc lately. I dont think its farfetched

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

I dont think its so unrealistic at all. I mean they know damn well they need to throw somethign good to get people to pull on Healers. Why do you think we get so little healers? Noone cares for them. Low BST low Skill inheritance options. They have nothing going on for them.

Besides this game has thrown us stuff like Black Luna, Regnal Astra, Ostia Pulse (opens up some interesting combos), Karlas Weapon, a Red Tome that lets units teleport around the map etc lately. I dont think its farfetched

Ahem. Gravity+ and Pain+ and Wrathful Staff 3 on a 14-Mt staff weapon. Realistic. Sure.

Black Luna, Regnal Astra, and Radiant Aether are all simply Special skills with their cooldown reduced by 1. Vassal's Blade is just a slightly stronger Nameless Blade as it trades an effective +2 damage per hit for -3 HP.

You don't need anything fancy for a staff user to be viable in the Arena. Literally all you need is a 400-SP Gravity+ or Pain+ with either refine already built in and a 500-SP Special skill of any sort, functional or not. That's it. Hell, you can even offset the ranged stat penalty by giving them a 500-SP staff Assist skill.

Elise is already absurdly strong of a unit, even when built to maximize score instead of combat performance. The only thing holding her back in the Arena is her abysmally low score ceiling.

15 hours ago, SlipperySlippy said:

I really hate how they've distributed the colours as well (I'm sick of seeing Robin, as I was initially with Gunnthra). 

I'm quite fond of Legendary Robin (she's easily my best flier), but I'm disappointed that Gunnthra and Hector are spread out even thinner.

On 02/07/2018 at 4:24 AM, Johann said:

If the analysis is correct, come late September, we'll have 3 reds, 3 greens, 4 blues, and 1 colorless.

We Know July's Hero is Blue and August's Hero is Red. With Fjorm in August and Ephraim in October, I hope July's Hero to return in September, so we can have a new colorless hero. Well... it's a possibility.

Or October's hero will be a colorless, with Ryoma, Ephraim and Lyn returning in the banner...

23 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Reveal hidden contents

• 400-SP weapon
  • 300-SP assist
  • 500-SP special
  • 300-SP passive A
  • 240-SP passive C
  • 240-SP Sacred Seal

• 350-SP weapon
  • 300-SP assist
  • 200-SP special
  • 240-SP passive B
  • 240-SP passive C
  • 240-SP Sacred Seal

Yeah Miracle with its high cooldown should be like Galeforce/Aether, considering it is a 5CD skill.  Even the AoE skills have higher SP than the norm.

I really thought we were going to get a legendary staff with Nanna, it had been so long since a new healer (Bride Lyn was the last one), that was pretty disappointing.  

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

I really thought we were going to get a legendary staff with Nanna, it had been so long since a new healer (Bride Lyn was the last one), that was pretty disappointing. 

To be true to FE4 and 5, Nanna is not the most staffy Staffbot. Virtually no Magic and a low Staff rank which are compensated for by high movement and ability to defend themselves unpromoted (the Mov being very useful of course). Nanna can't use any legendary or personal staff in Jugdral either, her personal is the Runesword. However, after Caeda's Wing Sword, there is no reason they couldn't have converted the Runesword into a Rune Staff, an Absorb++. Oh well, they can refine one of those for her later.

I'm not sure they'd do two fire in a row. But I'd really like to see Eliwood or Roy. Honestly, Eliwood deserves it more. Gotta have the trio in there and his normal self isn't that great.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

So this isn't entirely about July but if they hold to the female>female, male>male pattern, then August's red hero will be female. Lucina?

If it is Lucina, well she hasn't gotten for all her popularity an alt in a while, so she is fine. But instead of a Falchion, could she get the Noble Rapier for a change? Or if thou must have a Falchion, how about breaking from tradition and doing something crazy with it? Like a Dualblade Falchion- two swords connected by the same hilt pointing in opposite directions.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

So this isn't entirely about July but if they hold to the female>female, male>male pattern, then August's red hero will be female. Lucina?

If they hold to it, yes. Lucina, Eirika, or Celica would be some very notable candidates.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If it is Lucina, well she hasn't gotten for all her popularity an alt in a while, so she is fine. But instead of a Falchion, could she get the Noble Rapier for a change? Or if thou must have a Falchion, how about breaking from tradition and doing something crazy with it? Like a Dualblade Falchion- two swords connected by the same hilt pointing in opposite directions.

So far, the non-DC weapons have had variations on their weapon of choice, so I'd expect something like Swift Falchion or whatever.

Aside, I wish Ryoma had a variation on Raijinto that wasn't DC, because he's not well suited for it. Maybe they intended for you to keep Sakura nearby or something. Meanwhile, Hector, Ike, and Robin have the skills and qualities that make DC weapons and the skill itself natural and excellent for them.

Changing my prediction. Next Legendary Hero is Reinhardt. Same class as the original. Same Dire Thunder. Same statline but with two more points of attack, one more of speed, and one each of Def and Res. Uninheritable C skill that allows other cavs to ignore difficult terrain when nearby.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

To be true to FE4 and 5, Nanna is not the most staffy Staffbot. Virtually no Magic and a low Staff rank which are compensated for by high movement and ability to defend themselves unpromoted (the Mov being very useful of course). Nanna can't use any legendary or personal staff in Jugdral either, her personal is the Runesword. However, after Caeda's Wing Sword, there is no reason they couldn't have converted the Runesword into a Rune Staff, an Absorb++. Oh well, they can refine one of those for her later.

That is correct but yeah I thought they would pull a wingsword and give her a staff version of her personal weapon.  They had a great opportunity with Nanna and completely blew it. 

14 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

hey had a great opportunity with Nanna and completely blew it. 

To take an optimistic perspective on things, better a character added in a little under par than not added at all. A character that is in the game can still be used and patched up a bit later via weapon refinement. A character not in the game isn't playable at all. They can't let players run out of things to refine, otherwise Divine Dew eventually becomes useless as a resource. It'll take months, but Nanna should get something eventually (and hopefully so will Canas).

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

Changing my prediction. Next Legendary Hero is Reinhardt. Same class as the original. Same Dire Thunder. Same statline but with two more points of attack, one more of speed, and one each of Def and Res. Uninheritable C skill that allows other cavs to ignore difficult terrain when nearby.

Sounds like Lector pessimism. Although Rein IS Blue and an older addition (which if Lector was preplanned pre-CYL2 polling would mean their choosing last year's populars for LHs), and to a degree important in his original game.

*Sigh* FE's swordlord love bites it again. I'd accept something a little strange like a Lance Sigurd- Awakening did push this to a small degree.

2 hours ago, Johann said:

Aside, I wish Ryoma had a variation on Raijinto that wasn't DC, because he's not well suited for it. Maybe they intended for you to keep Sakura nearby or something. Meanwhile, Hector, Ike, and Robin have the skills and qualities that make DC weapons and the skill itself natural and excellent for them.

Well they could have done something to reference Rajinto's +4 Str, any offensive skill could be thrown on his blade. Similarly, I wish there is one day an Xanfried and Ikell who have Def skills in their signature personals over DC, just because they both offered Def bonuses in their base games.

I'm expecting the August Hero to be Lucina (it's the character that would fit the best the current trend)... It's funny how I'm so confident in the August Hero; but I can't say the same about the July Hero.

So...blue and earth this time..? Legendary Eliwood with Aureola or Maltet. Although Legendary Reinhardt would be more likely. Legendary Lyn is covering wind and Hector is covering fire for some reason, that leaves earth or water for Legendary Eliwood. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

14 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sounds like Lector pessimism. Although Rein IS Blue and an older addition (which if Lector was preplanned pre-CYL2 polling would mean their choosing last year's populars for LHs), and to a degree important in his original game.

*Sigh* FE's swordlord love bites it again. I'd accept something a little strange like a Lance Sigurd- Awakening did push this to a small degree.

The only thing Hector and Reinhardt have in common is they are the Lords of their respective games.

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

The only thing Hector and Reinhardt have in common is they are the Lords of their respective games.

It is going to be weird when FE5 gets an international remake or they could just perpetuate the FE12 mistake, and everyone who has played FEH goes "where is Reinhardt?" and come to realize that for whatever importance he has, he is not all he is cracked up to be. Same to smaller extents with Ursula and Karla.

33 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

So...blue and earth this time..? Legendary Eliwood with Aureola or Maltet.

Eliwood with Aureola sounds like he's joined the priesthood, wouldn't be totally out of character for him, he has a personality that works for a monk. And they could base his outfit on this FE7 epilogue appearance, it is priestly white enough:

CG48.png

And I could totally see Eliwood with Maltet, not like anyone important in FE6 has much to do with it.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It is going to be weird when FE5 gets an international remake or they could just perpetuate the FE12 mistake, and everyone who has played FEH goes "where is Reinhardt?" and come to realize that for whatever importance he has, he is not all he is cracked up to be. Same to smaller extents with Ursula and Karla.

I'm expecting them to make a whole new campaign kind of like the Deliverance DLC where Reinhardt is the protagonist. They'll really ham up sympathy if they can't rewrite him to join your party.

Oh who am I kidding, they'll do like FE12 and FE13 and have all the villains join your side in the main campaign.

Edited by Glennstavos