July Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

3 minutes ago, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:

1. I didn't know that a Legendary of each colour is represented. Three units for each colour is the only fact I've figured out on my own yet.

2. I just assumed Micky to be blue. Actually it makes more sense to give her an other colour since default Micky is blue already. On the other hand blue is the colour which should have its turn since we had green (Hector), red (FlyerRyoma) and colourless (FGrima) lately. I think Ephraim was the last blue unit iirc. But that says anyone else besides Micaiah can become a Legendary. I just suspected since there has been represented a Legendary Mage lately. Micaiah would make the most sense for this spot to me.

How could you not know after how many legendary banners we've had already?

I know it makes sense for Micaiah to be blue since she's blue already. I just don't like her, so I'd prefer someone else. Also, Gunnthra says hi.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ylgr with blue magic. Just thought of that. I also would prefer her not to be a healer because little sister healer is so overdone these days.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tragic that Ryoma only gets a run alongside two other reds I don't want. and that his next outing will probably be three months away. Green might be good for armour fans with potential for Vengeful Grima, Bold Lissa or Vector but eh, I'm only after ranged armours at this point and Lyn is meh alongside them. Blue is my only hope, needing a good legendary and a good third hero if they decide it's too early to run Spring Catria. So yeah, slim pickings this month, though perhaps it's just as well since I'm sitting on zero orbs at the moment.

Hopefully the new legendary is Cavalry blue bow dancer Palla.

21 minutes ago, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:

I didn't mention Gunthraa in my list because she shares the same class as LALilina. On the other hand it's highly unlikely to see that a fast comeback of LHector...

The in-game bulletin always lists the next time a Legendary Hero is scheduled to appear, and Legendary Hector is scheduled next for the end of September.

We already know we're getting Lyn at the end of this month and Gunnthra at the end of next month, so the next three Legendary Hero banners already have their green Legendary Hero slot filled.

4 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Tragic that Ryoma only gets a run alongside two other reds I don't want.

If it's any consolation, the 3 most probable candidates for non-legendary reds all have excellent skills they can pass on

The cool thing about most likely getting Micaiah as the Legendary is that I can safely throw my orbs at the green heroes for those sweet, sweet merges. I'm not as driven to get Micaiah as I was Hector (although I failed to get Hector BUT ANYWAYS).

All I know is that Legendary Micaiah (or any Miccy alt, for that matter) would make my wallet go RIP.

I do believe Legendary Micaiah makes the most sense, though. She's long overdue her alt.

Well, got 9/12, though most of those were a given or already confirmed. The actual list, of course:

• Legendary Ryoma
  • NY Camilla
  • Chrom (cavalier)
  • Legendary Lyn
  • Winter Lissa
  • LA Lilina
  • Legendary Lucina (wind/spd)
  • Azura
  • Ishtar
  • Legendary Robin
  • Brave Lyn
  • Hinoka (bow)

A lot of great units here, notably some of the finest archers in the game. I think the only "dud" character is Lilina since she doesn't have much for SI. My prediction for the element was off too, and I don't know if it'll be any easier to predict August's hero, though that week's season will include Fire.

@Johann Plan on doing a prediction thread for August's Legendary Hero? I already know it is probably too soon since July's hero was just revealed today but I quite enjoyed your predictions for this month and was wondering if a new thread will be made for August since I am already thinking of next month's hero.

1 minute ago, NSSKG151 said:

@Johann Plan on doing a prediction thread for August's Legendary Hero? I already know it is probably too soon since July's hero was just revealed today but I quite enjoyed your predictions for this month and was wondering if a new thread will be made for August since I am already thinking of next month's hero.

Yeah! Though I'll be waiting at least until the banner itself drops, since 1) the notes include when the heroes will next return, allowing us to predict the colors, and 2) people are usually focused on summoning and other events, so I tend to wait for a lull when people are most interested in discourse.

Just a heads up, we know we'll see Fjorm and Gunnthra, with Robin making a likely return (which will be confirmed or de-confirmed when this banner launches). Should be getting a new red hero since Ike won't be back. Also, since we're catching up on seasonals, I'd expect to see LA Hector and at least 2 spring characters. That we only got 3 seasonals again may imply that this is the new normal.

2 hours ago, Johann said:

Yeah! Though I'll be waiting at least until the banner itself drops, since 1) the notes include when the heroes will next return, allowing us to predict the colors, and 2) people are usually focused on summoning and other events, so I tend to wait for a lull when people are most interested in discourse.

Just a heads up, we know we'll see Fjorm and Gunnthra, with Robin making a likely return (which will be confirmed or de-confirmed when this banner launches). Should be getting a new red hero since Ike won't be back. Also, since we're catching up on seasonals, I'd expect to see LA Hector and at least 2 spring characters. That we only got 3 seasonals again may imply that this is the new normal.

Thanks for the heads-up. Somehow I keep forgetting that they announce when legendaries return in the notifications.

To quote something as well:

On 7/15/2018 at 10:33 AM, Simpsons138 said:
  1. After every second hero, the gender is changed, so with two males done (Ryoma and Hector), the next hero is going to be a female
  2. Due to announcements, Blue is going to be the color of our Legendary Hero
  3. They are usually important characters in their games, not necessarily Lords like Grima and Ryoma
  4. In this case, the next hero will be from a newer game than Hector, being Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, Awakening, Fates or Echoes
  5. Multiple characters from the same world can be Legendary Heroes so long as they're important characters
  6. There's a chance the character is an OC from FEH

So from this quote:

1. Still true, Legendary Hero was a Female
  2. Blue Archer
  3. Lucina is an important character in Awakening
  4. Awakening is newer than Blazing Sword
  5. F!Grima was already there, both Grima and Lucina are important
  6. Not a FEH OC, but still can happen

Now to wait until they say what color is the next Legendary Hero, Red or Colorless

11 hours ago, Simpsons138 said:

To quote something as well:

So from this quote:

1. Still true, Legendary Hero was a Female
  2. Blue Archer
  3. Lucina is an important character in Awakening
  4. Awakening is newer than Blazing Sword
  5. F!Grima was already there, both Grima and Lucina are important
  6. Not a FEH OC, but still can happen

Now to wait until they say what color is the next Legendary Hero, Red or Colorless

Something not mentioned there is that they all used a weapon they could canonically use in their primary class. Robin/Grima was debatable, but Lucina unquestionably breaks this trend.

People were also expecting the new legendary to be flying or armored since no legendary that shared a color had yet to share a movement type, but we now have two blue infantry. Of course, this one had to be broken eventually.

Ok so we got the following line-up:

• AUGUST: Fjorm, Gunnthra, Robin, New Red
  • SEPTEMBER: Ike, Hector
  • OCTOBER: Ephraim, Lyn
  • NOVEMBER: Ryoma, Lucina

Going by this, September should be another blue, and October is shaping up to be another red, unless August's hero breaks convention and makes a second appearance sooner than normal.

29 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Looks like Ryoma returns in November, Lucina in November, Lyn in October, and Robin next month.

We're looking at:

July
Red - Ryoma
Blue - Lucina
Green - Lyn
Grey - Robin

August
Red - ???
Blue - Fjorm
Green - Gunnthra
Grey - Robin

Sept.
Red - Ike
Blue - ???
Green - Hector
Grey - ???

Oct.
Red - ???
Blue - Ephraim
Green - Lyn
Grey - ???

Nov.
Red - Ryoma
Blue - Lucina
Green - ???
Grey - ???

August's will be red, guaranteed.
September will be another blue unless Fjorm gets run twice in a row.
October will likely be another new red unless August's gets rerun before getting back to Ryoma again. Or Ike gets run twice in a row.
Assuming the above is correct, November is the first chance for a new colorless. Ryoma and Lucina are confirmed and the green can be Gunnthra. If the gender pattern is kept, they will be female.

EDIT: Barely ninja'd...

Edited by Florete

So we are getting Fjorm, Gunnthra, and Robin next month so the next new legendary hero has to be red. Assuming IS doesn't break the gender pattern between releasing two males and then two females so...Eirika maybe? It's probably too soon to be thinking about it but for some reason she is the first female I thought of who could probably be a red legendary hero especially if there is a new heroes banner focused on Sacred Stones characters later in August.

If we're sticking with the male, male, female, female pattern...I'm betting on female Corrin with the Yato.

I really want it to be Marth though.

Just a preliminary list of potential heroes we might see next month (for those of you contemplating your orbs), I'm just gonna drop this here and I guess start the next thread with analysis like tomorrow or something:

• New Red, Brave Roy, Reinhardt (sword), Lene
  • Fjorm, Spring Catria, Brave Lucina, Ninian, Nephenee, Shiro, Sumia
  • Gunnthra, LA Hector, Grima (M), Spring Alf, Spring Sharena
  • Robin, Takumi, Faye, Spring Kagero, Maribelle