July Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Eliwood with Aureola sounds like he's joined the priesthood, wouldn't be totally out of character for him, he has a personality that works for a monk. And they could base his outfit on this FE7 epilogue appearance, it is priestly white enough:

CG48.png

And I could totally see Eliwood with Maltet, not like anyone important in FE6 has much to do with it.

That ceremonial garb is the main reason I brought it up. It’s a good match for the tome.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I'm expecting them to make a whole new campaign kind of like the Deliverance DLC where Reinhardt is the protagonist. They'll really ham up sympathy if they can't rewrite him to join your party.

Oh who am I kidding, they'll do like FE12 and FE13 and have all the villains join your side in the main campaign.

I'm torn between having Asbel rip his face off, and doing the "better" thing and actually recruiting him if they actually go ahead with Michalis'ing him.

As for a Deliverance-esque DLC. Hmm... It'd only work for like one battle I'd think, but I might have an idea. Isn't it said somewhere Reinhardt, or at least Ishtar, is working against the child hunts?

"In secret defiance of Grannvale's imperial will, Ishtar tasks Reinhardt with rescuing a group of children destined to dragged off to Behalla where their souls shall be taken. To avoid being found out, Reinhardt moves in swiftly at night, without a single of his standard soldiers besides him (maybe Olwen and Fred). Instead, Reinhardt has recruited an assortment of mercenaries and other dubious individuals to accomplish his task."

Who is in that menagerie I'm not sure. But we could toss in Lifis,  the Dandelion bandits, Shiva, Ralph, Galzus da beast (to be fair, Reinhardt already should make the map easy enough, what could Galzus possibly do to break it more?). If we leave out the Dandelions and need a healer, well Sleuf can be drawn there motivated by some divine force, or Sara can be going on a midnight stroll. Sans Sara, and Reinhardt himself, Homer could be drunk and out by happenstance there, Rein will just whip him into assisting for the moemnt.

Or how about the Magi Squad? Then again, give the Magi Squad their own separate DLC battle, and the Dandelions one too. I'm sure there is another group or two that could also use a sidestory battle.

As FE5 was a spinoff of FE4 featuring one of its side characters, I think we should have a completely new game that's a spinoff of FE5 which stars and is told from Olwen's perspective.

On 7/3/2018 at 10:20 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

To take an optimistic perspective on things, better a character added in a little under par than not added at all. A character that is in the game can still be used and patched up a bit later via weapon refinement. A character not in the game isn't playable at all. They can't let players run out of things to refine, otherwise Divine Dew eventually becomes useless as a resource. It'll take months, but Nanna should get something eventually (and hopefully so will Canas).

That is optimistic, however divine dew is so scarce, they released Finn, Nanna, Canas as such underwhelming characters.  This is unlike early and launch characters who just couldn't keep up with the times.  There hasn't been a weak banner character since...well since Nanna.  Banners have been all strong to super strong characters.  Hardly a mediocre unit in sight.  Unlike last year where they released much more units and power level was all over the place, now there are much fewer units, but their skills and stat lines are carefully thought out and all of them are worth summoning.  

Gonna copy and paste something I wrote in one of the other threads regarding predicting the new hero's element:

• Elements will never go more than 2 weeks without a season. By the time this new hero releases, it WILL be water season, regardless of that hero's element.
  • For this past series of heroes (Robin, Lyn, Ryoma, Hector), the element of the following hero was matched with the newly released hero (ie: Earth/Wind season on Robin's release, then Wind/Water on Lyn's release). If they maintain this trend, the next hero will be Earth.
  • Most Legendary banners are 4 weeks apart, but every third banner is 5 weeks apart. This next hero will be 5 weeks after Hector's, which means we'll end up with 6 straight weeks of Fire season (which started the week before Hector's release). This might not be a big deal but it does seem to mix up what elements are certain to appear by the time of release.
  • I might be over-analyzing, but in the first series (Fjorm, Gunnthra, Ike, Ephraim) consisted of 17 weeks, and of the total number of seasons, Earth and Fire were behind Wind and Water by 1. The next season was Earth and Fire (Robin's release). By the time this third series rolls around, Water and Earth will have had 1 fewer season than Fire and Wind. This suggests that Earth and Water would be seasons on the next hero's launch. Earth would be out of order sequentially, meaning that if this trend holds true, the hero is Earth.
  • Since it's a new rotation of elements, there's plenty of room to surprise us, since the first series was in totally different element order compared to this past one.

Based on these factors, I still maintain that the hero is most likely Earth.

1 hour ago, Johann said:

Gonna copy and paste something I wrote in one of the other threads regarding predicting the new hero's element:

• Elements will never go more than 2 weeks without a season. By the time this new hero releases, it WILL be water season, regardless of that hero's element.
  • For this past series of heroes (Robin, Lyn, Ryoma, Hector), the element of the following hero was matched with the newly released hero (ie: Earth/Wind season on Robin's release, then Wind/Water on Lyn's release). If they maintain this trend, the next hero will be Earth.
  • Most Legendary banners are 4 weeks apart, but every third banner is 5 weeks apart. This next hero will be 5 weeks after Hector's, which means we'll end up with 6 straight weeks of Fire season (which started the week before Hector's release). This might not be a big deal but it does seem to mix up what elements are certain to appear by the time of release.
  • I might be over-analyzing, but in the first series (Fjorm, Gunnthra, Ike, Ephraim) consisted of 17 weeks, and of the total number of seasons, Earth and Fire were behind Wind and Water by 1. The next season was Earth and Fire (Robin's release). By the time this third series rolls around, Water and Earth will have had 1 fewer season than Fire and Wind. This suggests that Earth and Water would be seasons on the next hero's launch. Earth would be out of order sequentially, meaning that if this trend holds true, the hero is Earth.
  • Since it's a new rotation of elements, there's plenty of room to surprise us, since the first series was in totally different element order compared to this past one.

Based on these factors, I still maintain that the hero is most likely Earth.

Micaiah's canon element was Darkness tho 

29 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Micaiah's canon element was Darkness tho 

If you wanna wait for Dark season to roll around, by all means

I'm expecting Micaiah to be a Earth Blessed because of how the franchise associates Earth Stuff with Darkness (specially Medeus and the Earth Dragons)

6 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I'm expecting Micaiah to be a Earth Blessed because of how the franchise associates Earth Stuff with Darkness (specially Medeus and the Earth Dragons)

The association of the Earth Dragons with Darkness is because of the Divine Dragons. Divine = Heaven, so you have Heaven vs. Earth, Heaven and Earth is a Classical elemental/universal dichotomy, be it Platonism, Christianity, or Chinese and Japanese spirituality. Tellius's Affinity system made Heaven and Light separate things, and made Heaven's mirror opposite in terms of stat boosts, Earth, continuing this dichotomy within FE.

(What this means for Ike's horoscope I don't know. Do Elincia and Lethe being his opposite bode well or poorly for his relationships with them? Does Soren being Dark hint at good relations? Bah, horoscopes are junk, as KentxFarina point out.)

If they wanted to be mean to Micaiah, they could give us a different RD Legendary Blue. Begnion Central Army Commander Zelgius with the Wishblade (the BK might start with S Lances, but his cap is actually SS- having two SS ranks is very unique in RD)! Because Neph isn't getting it now, Levail is too busy licking Zelgius's feet clean for anyone to care about him, and as pretty as they might be, Crackers!, Sigrun, and Fiona stand what chance of getting into FEH for the time being?

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The association of the Earth Dragons with Darkness is because of the Divine Dragons. Divine = Heaven, so you have Heaven vs. Earth, Heaven and Earth is a Classical elemental/universal dichotomy, be it Platonism, Christianity, or Chinese and Japanese spirituality. Tellius's Affinity system made Heaven and Light separate things, and made Heaven's mirror opposite in terms of stat boosts, Earth, continuing this dichotomy within FE.

(What this means for Ike's horoscope I don't know. Do Elincia and Lethe being his opposite bode well or poorly for his relationships with them? Does Soren being Dark hint at good relations? Bah, horoscopes are junk, as KentxFarina point out.)

If they wanted to be mean to Micaiah, they could give us a different RD Legendary Blue. Begnion Central Army Commander Zelgius with the Wishblade (the BK might start with S Lances, but his cap is actually SS- having two SS ranks is very unique in RD)! Because Neph isn't getting it now, Levail is too busy licking Zelgius's feet clean for anyone to care about him, and as pretty as they might be, Crackers!, Sigrun, and Fiona stand what chance of getting into FEH for the time being?

That makes sense!

That also makes a bit fun that both of the Radiant Dawn Protagonists have "Evil" Affinities.

Yeah, in fact, the only classes that can get Two (or more) SS Ranks are the Light Priestess (and the similar Saint Class), Chanciller (this is the Class with the Three SS), Black Knight and Vanguard (and technically Order's Incarante, but the Goddess is Enemy Only).

Edited by Troykv

Another thing is that these patterns are still fare game:

1. After every second hero, the gender is changed
  2. Characters are important characters in the story, not necessarily Lords
  3. Most of them use a weapon they can use upon promotion (sans Ryoma)
  4. The hero is going from new to old and repeat, next hero is a newer game hero

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That would piss me off quite a bit. Zelgius getting three versions in the game already sounds absurd. Although having him in his red armor is cool.  

I would like Tauroneo to wield wishblade. 

I think we already know the attribute for the next Legendary Hero, here's my thoughts about it:

1. Attributes and Elements don't repeat back to back, so the next hero won't be a Fire or Attack hero
  2. Blue already has 2 elements and attributes, Fjorm is a Water/Speed while Ephraim is a Fire/Defense
  3. Elements do tend to re-appear quickly

So from this, we know that the next attribute will be Resistance, but what is the element? Honestly, it's a coin toss as to what it can be, but I can try to analyze who could be the next Legendary Hero based on a few patterns:

1. After every second hero, the gender is changed, so with two males done (Ryoma and Hector), the next hero is going to be a female
  2. Due to announcements, Blue is going to be the color of our Legendary Hero
  3. They are usually important characters in their games, not necessarily Lords like Grima and Ryoma
  4. In this case, the next hero will be from a newer game than Hector, being Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, Awakening, Fates or Echoes
  5. Multiple characters from the same world can be Legendary Heroes so long as they're important characters
  6. There's a chance the character is an OC from FEH

With all that settled, let's get to the possible heroes:

1. Corrin: This makes sense since mostly Female Corrin could be a blue dragon with her own personal weapon, something like Torrential Breath or Silent Breath, her outfit based on her Nohr Noble class and having Draconic Hex as a C-Skill, which can act as both Poison Strike and Savage Blow, I know it's broken but almost all Legendary Heroes have broken personal skills
  2. Micaiah: The second Radiant Dawn unit, she could have Thani albeit could be a stronger Thani with a similar but powercreep effect like negating horse and armor buffs and same damage mitigation from ranged units in armor or horse, her outfit would be based on her Light Priestess class in Radiant Dawn
  3. Celica: The only other CYL 2 winner that doesn't have an alt as a Legendary Hero, her outfit would be of her Princess class, saving Rigain for CYL unless IS pulls a 180 on us, being a blue mage with a different spell aside from Ragnarok would be amazing for Celica, not gonna mention a colored bow on her because she can't use bows in Echoes
  4. Azura: She's a very, VERY important character in fates, she can have her Diva outfit from Warriors and have a personal skill that will boost her ally's stats when she uses Sing, with a personal weapon to deal bonus damage against Dragons, this could make her the best dancer in the game as well, if she's given stats like PA!Azura and such

That's just my personal game, it's hard to say if the hero will be Wind or Earth

Edited by Simpsons138
I needed to be specific with Celica

8 minutes ago, Simpsons138 said:

Celica: The only other CYL 2 winner that doesn't have an alt, her outfit would be of her Princess class, saving Rigain for CYL unless IS pulls a 180 on us, being a blue mage with a different spell aside from Ragnarok would be amazing for Celica, not gonna mention a colored bow on her because she can't use bows in Echoes

I could see them giving her Seraphim, which would be a blue spell.

14 minutes ago, Simpsons138 said:

Celica: The only other CYL 2 winner that doesn't have an alt, her outfit would be of her Princess class, saving Rigain for CYL unless IS pulls a 180 on us, being a blue mage with a different spell aside from Ragnarok would be amazing for Celica, not gonna mention a colored bow on her because she can't use bows in Echoes

Does Fallen!Celica not count as an alt to you?

On 15/7/2018 at 12:33 PM, Simpsons138 said:

I think we already know the attribute for the next Legendary Hero, here's my thoughts about it:

1. Attributes and Elements don't repeat back to back, so the next hero won't be a Fire or Attack hero
  2. Blue already has 2 elements and attributes, Fjorm is a Water/Speed while Ephraim is a Fire/Defense
  3. Elements do tend to re-appear quickly

So from this, we know that the next attribute will be Resistance, but what is the element? Honestly, it's a coin toss as to what it can be, but I can try to analyze who could be the next Legendary Hero based on a few patterns:

1. After every second hero, the gender is changed, so with two males done (Ryoma and Hector), the next hero is going to be a female
  2. Due to announcements, Blue is going to be the color of our Legendary Hero
  3. They are usually important characters in their games, not necessarily Lords like Grima and Ryoma
  4. In this case, the next hero will be from a newer game than Hector, being Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, Awakening, Fates or Echoes
  5. Multiple characters from the same world can be Legendary Heroes so long as they're important characters
  6. There's a chance the character is an OC from FEH

With all that settled, let's get to the possible heroes:

1. Corrin: This makes sense since mostly Female Corrin could be a blue dragon with her own personal weapon, something like Torrential Breath or Silent Breath, her outfit based on her Nohr Noble class and having Draconic Hex as a C-Skill, which can act as both Poison Strike and Savage Blow, I know it's broken but almost all Legendary Heroes have broken personal skills
  2. Micaiah: The second Radiant Dawn unit, she could have Thani albeit could be a stronger Thani with a similar but powercreep effect like negating horse and armor buffs and same damage mitigation from ranged units in armor or horse, her outfit would be based on her Light Priestess class in Radiant Dawn
  3. Celica: The only other CYL 2 winner that doesn't have an alt as a Legendary Hero, her outfit would be of her Princess class, saving Rigain for CYL unless IS pulls a 180 on us, being a blue mage with a different spell aside from Ragnarok would be amazing for Celica, not gonna mention a colored bow on her because she can't use bows in Echoes
  4. Azura: She's a very, VERY important character in fates, she can have her Diva outfit from Warriors and have a personal skill that will boost her ally's stats when she uses Sing, with a personal weapon to deal bonus damage against Dragons, this could make her the best dancer in the game as well, if she's given stats like PA!Azura and such

That's just my personal game, it's hard to say if the hero will be Wind or Earth

I'm not sure if IS would use Corrin in a non-Water Element.... Have I reasons to believe a Water Season would repeat just after one season? It's possible (Robin's case), but unlikely.

If the Hero is indeed a Blue Unit with Resistence Boon; the character would need to be Earth to fit the current trend (because I doubt they would repeat Res/Wind too soon)... But if for some reason they decided to give the next legendary a Speed or Defense Boon; it would perfectly be a Wind Elemental

Edited by Troykv

I'd still like the Nifl brother or Marth. Marth wouldn't be blue though. My guesses are the Nifl brother, Corrin, or Micaiah. In the case of the latter two, I can probably skip the banner. Don't want them.