Jump to content
Johann

July Legendary Banner Expectations

Recommended Posts

If Hrid is a legendary hero, he'll probably be August's since that's the next one where a red is most likely going to happen, as Ike comes back in September and Ryoma is July's red leg hero. This month...I dunno. It could be Awakening related but I doubt it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

i think they already broke this theory with april LB being Lyn while  april banners are Thracia and Fates respectively. May banner was Genealogy and we got Ryoma. June is the only still related one where it is blazing blade banner and we got hector, but this theory has been debunked twice as previously mentioned. 

Personally I think Lyn was chosen for Golden Week hype since Jugdral and its would-be candidates (Sigurd, Seliph and Leif) just wouldn't bring in that much attention. Sadly, Jugdral will probably be the last country to get a legendary which will probably take longer now since IS showed with Lyn/Hector (and even as early as Fjorm and Gunnthra for that matter) that they are willing to have multiple legendaries from the same game.

But for the most part after every non-seasonal banner that banner's country gets a legendary either within the same month or the next month. They are pretty much caught up now which made me think the next legendary is going to be Awakening. I could be wrong though and they completely catch us off guard by having the legendary be based on whatever the next non-seasonal banner is in August since I'm guessing Hrid might be the legendary for August.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Simpsons138 said:

So, can we all agree that Hríd will be a Earth/Def hero? Mostly to be different from Fjorm and Gunnthrá who are Water/Spd and Wind/Res respectively

There's a case to be made for an ice person being any element except Fire, really, so who knows. I don't mind Hrid sharing an element with one of his sisters since there's nothing wrong with two legendaries on the same team (and from the same game, no less). Only thing certain is that he's a red unit.

6 minutes ago, Azure Sen said:

If Hrid is a legendary hero, he'll probably be August's since that's the next one where a red is most likely going to happen, as Ike comes back in September and Ryoma is July's red leg hero. This month...I dunno. It could be Awakening related but I doubt it.

August will be interesting, since red is the slot with the highest demand among potential characters. I'm kinda surprised they made Hrid a sword guy given how common those are in FE, even within Heroes OCs (it's the most common weapon type among them as of Hrid's introduction).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Simpsons138 said:

So, can we all agree that Hríd will be a Earth/Def hero? Mostly to be different from Fjorm and Gunnthrá who are Water/Spd and Wind/Res respectively

Given the pattern that's gone so far, it's more likely that Hrid will be Wind unless they throw us for a loop, so I'd imagine he'll be Wind/Def if anything.

7 minutes ago, Johann said:

August will be interesting, since red is the slot with the highest demand among potential characters. I'm kinda surprised they made Hrid a sword guy given how common those are in FE, even within Heroes OCs (it's the most common weapon type among them as of Hrid's introduction).

Apparently they need to make the reds as boring as possible. At least Hrid can potentially get a weapon with cool effects unlike Ike and Ryoma just using the weapons from their normal forms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Azure Sen said:

Apparently they need to make the reds as boring as possible. At least Hrid can potentially get a weapon with cool effects unlike Ike and Ryoma just using the weapons from their normal forms.

At least Ike's stats and skills are built for Ragnall, I really wish we got some variation on Raijinto that ditched the DC for something more practical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Johann said:

At least Ike's stats and skills are built for Ragnall, I really wish we got some variation on Raijinto that ditched the DC for something more practical.

Like for example giving him +3 Attack and having something like Vantage or something like that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Simpsons138 said:

Like for example giving him +3 Attack and having something like Vantage or something like that

Yeah, something like that. Nothing about his stats or base kit reflect a counter attacker (especially from ranged), at least not without buffs and/or healing to keep him going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Legendary banner is coming up soon and the new character is going to be blue huh? With the recent banner being Awakening themed I'm going to out on a limb and guess it is going to be Lucina this time. Some people probably won't like that and will get riled up seeing her fifth alt but I find it strange that outside Masked Marth IS (considering how much they seem to love put her into anything FE related) hasn't really been pushing Lucina at all during 2018 plus if I am remember correctly her last alt wasn't until around this time last year for CYL. Since Chrom and both of Robin's genders have already gotten alts this year it would make sense for the third most important character from Awakening to be the next Legendary. I'm going to guess and say she would mirror Lyn and wield an upgraded version of her weapon from CYL called Sturdy Geirskogul (or something along those lines) or make her be the blue colored archer along with a made up bow just like lance since she does relates to bows in spinoffs. And while we are at it make her ride a Pegasus as well since IS seem to be having a lot of fun releasing units riding on Pegasus and Wyverns for most of this year.

I could be wrong though (like I usually am) but I can't really think of anyone else who could be a legendary blue hero outside of Micaiah (people seem to be hoping for a Micaiah alt but I don't think that will happen yet but she will get one eventually) and Azura (though even I think it is too soon for another Fates legendary and we don't need to powercreep flying Olivia already) or if they really want to stretch for non-lord legendaries Wing Spear (and I'm talking about the lance not the sword they made up for Heroes) Caeda as a dracoknight or something (though it would be a kick in the teeth for Marth if his wife got a legendary alt before he did). Alm wielding Mila's Bow could count as a blue legendary too I guess but I'm hoping they save Mila's Bow for CYL2 and give it to Celica.

I actually predicted somewhere a few days ago that the next Legendary would be Lucina with a lance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hrid it will be most likely a water or Wind hero; because these are the elements asociated with Ice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have two problems with Lucina as a prediction for this month's legendary:

  • She'd be a third lance. Unless they went a little wild and gave her a blue bow, I don't find this likely.
  • If/When Lucina gets a legendary alt, I think they'd want to give her a Falchion, maybe even the Parallel Falchion. She could even be based on Future Past.

I could always be wrong, though. There aren't many candidates for a likely-female non-lance blue unit.

As for August...I don't think it will be Hrid. One reason is the same as above for Lucina, he'd be a third sword. Additionally, he'd break the gender pattern we've kept to. Yes, patterns can and have been broken, most notably with Hector, but that doesn't mean we should just expect another to be broken. But I also just think people are jumping to conclusions thinking he's definitely going to be a legendary, something I don't think is guaranteed at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Florete said:

I have two problems with Lucina as a prediction for this month's legendary:

  • She'd be a third lance. Unless they went a little wild and gave her a blue bow, I don't find this likely.
  • If/When Lucina gets a legendary alt, I think they'd want to give her a Falchion, maybe even the Parallel Falchion. She could even be based on Future Past.

I could always be wrong, though. There aren't many candidates for a likely-female non-lance blue unit.

As for August...I don't think it will be Hrid. One reason is the same as above for Lucina, he'd be a third sword. Additionally, he'd break the gender pattern we've kept to. Yes, patterns can and have been broken, most notably with Hector, but that doesn't mean we should just expect another to be broken. But I also just think people are jumping to conclusions thinking he's definitely going to be a legendary, something I don't think is guaranteed at all.

I'd have thought they'd give Lyn her Mani or Sol Katti for her Legendary, and if they went with a bow I thought it'd be colorless, but they broke all those molds and made her green...for some reason. I feel like Lucina could possibly follow that and end up with a beefed-up version of her lance from her Brave variant. I'd agree and hope they'd give her Falchion, but I just have a weird feeling that may not happen.

Also yeah I kinda don't think Hrid will be August's Legendary, I feel like Eirika or Celica are more likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not expecting Hrid to be the August Legendary Hero because of this male male female female trend.

But the speculation gets even weirder the closest we're to the reveal (I think it left a week)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'd have thought they'd give Lyn her Mani or Sol Katti for her Legendary, and if they went with a bow I thought it'd be colorless, but they broke all those molds and made her green...for some reason. I feel like Lucina could possibly follow that and end up with a beefed-up version of her lance from her Brave variant. I'd agree and hope they'd give her Falchion, but I just have a weird feeling that may not happen.

Also yeah I kinda don't think Hrid will be August's Legendary, I feel like Eirika or Celica are more likely.

It's certainly possible. With Lyn it seems like they've decided to go and link Mulagir to her as her 2nd ultimate weapon. Unlike Geirskogul, Mulagir is a weapon that already exists in FE canon, so I don't think it's as likely they'll take that route with Lucina. Sol Katti was never nearly as big a deal as the Falchion, anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Legendary Lyn was a huge missed opportunity. Takumi should have been the Green Bow (I mean he does shoot wind/light, afterall), with Lyn being the Red Bow, wielding Sol Katti AND Mulagir, which would function as the first bow with built in close counter.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Etheus said:

I think Legendary Lyn was a huge missed opportunity. Takumi should have been the Green Bow (I mean he does shoot wind/light, afterall), with Lyn being the Red Bow, wielding Sol Katti AND Mulagir, which would function as the first bow with built in close counter.  

So, basically you wanted Lyn to be like Nameless from the Fate Stay Night series and shoot swords from her bow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NSSKG151 said:

So, basically you wanted Lyn to be like Nameless from the Fate Stay Night series and shoot swords from her bow?

That idea made me think in a picture of a Bow shooting Falchions xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Troykv said:

That idea made me think in a picture of a Bow shooting Falchions xD

Hey, a bow shooting Falchions would make it the first bow to be super effective against dragon units. That should totally be a future alt for Marth or Lucina.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

So, basically you wanted Lyn to be like Nameless from the Fate Stay Night series and shoot swords from her bow?

His real name isn't a spoiler anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

His real name isn't a spoiler anymore.

I know, sometimes he is referred to as EMIYA and in other games like Fate Extra they call him Nameless but really it has been years since I was invested in that series so I don't really know what they tend to call him these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

So, basically you wanted Lyn to be like Nameless from the Fate Stay Night series and shoot swords from her bow?

I was thinking just close counter with the swords while attacking with Mulagir during player phase or when attacked by a ranged foe. But sure, that would be hilarious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Random guesses:

Green

- WinterLissa

- LALilina

- BowLyn

 

Red

- NYCamilla

- ExaltedChrom

- FlyerRyoma

 

Blue

- LegendaryMicaiah (my guess for new hero)

- SpringCatria

- Ishtar (wouldn't make much sense because she would share class with Micaiah, but I have no real other physical blue unit who comes in mind)

 

Colourless

- SpringKagerou

- BowHinoka

- FGrima

 

Let's see how many right guesses I will have...

 

Edit: It almost matches completly with the list of OP.

Edited by Hecatia Lapislazuli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You forgot to add legendaries for colors other than blue. There's always one legendary for each color in each legendary banner.

Wait, we're getting a blue hero? For certain? Well damn... That means it can't be Hrid because he has a sword. :( That's really disappointing.

I have no idea who this one could be then. I suppose Micaiah like others are saying, but I hope not, I don't want her. Same with Lucina. I've already been skipping the last few new banners aside from one, I'm ready for another that I'd want to pull someone from.

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You forgot to add legendaries for colors other than blue. There's always one legendary for each color in each legendary banner.

Wait, we're getting a blue hero? For certain? Well damn... That means it can't be Hrid because he has a sword. :( That's really disappointing.

I have no idea who this one could be then. I suppose Micaiah like others are saying, but I hope not, I don't want her. Same with Lucina. I've already been skipping the last few new banners aside from one, I'm ready for another that I'd want to pull someone from.

1. I didn't know that a Legendary of each colour is represented. Three units for each colour is the only fact I've figured out on my own yet.

2. I just assumed Micky to be blue. Actually it makes more sense to give her an other colour since default Micky is blue already. On the other hand blue is the colour which should have its turn since we had green (Hector), red (FlyerRyoma) and colourless (FGrima) lately. I think Ephraim was the last blue unit iirc. But that says anyone else besides Micaiah can become a Legendary. I just suspected since a Legendary Mage hasn't been represented lately. Micaiah would make the most sense for this spot to me.

Edited by Hecatia Lapislazuli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...