Favorite Fire Emblem Weapon

Dr. G

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

What? Where did you ever think it wasn't? The Falchion in Awakening is the SAME Falchion from Archanea. 

Cause the design looks different? Then I need to show you Owain and Lucina's B Support:

The design of the weapon change is explained in that it is only the guard and pommel were altered, whereas the blade of Falchion remained the same. 

That conversation you just posted is where I saw this confirmed, actually. It and the design heavily implies that Marth's Falchion became quite worn and a new Falchion was forged to replace it. That's why Chrom and Lucina's Falchion looks extremely different. It's even bigger than the original in addition to having a different guard and pommel. The blade is longer and possibly a bit broader too. So the blade WAS changed.

Lucina and Owain may say "same spirit" and such, but so much appears to have been changed from Marth's Falchion that it honestly may as well be an entirely different Falchion.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And the Falchion used to defeat Grima is not the same sword that was used to defeat Medeus, is what I'm saying. So please re-read what I said.

It's the same sword, it's just been reforged becusse only the blade itself is unbreakable cause it's nagas fang

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

1 minute ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

It's the same sword, it's just been reforged becusse only the blade itself is unbreakable cause it's nagas fang

Reforged = different sword. Also, if you compare Marth's Falchion to Chrom and Lucina's, like I said, the blade is also different. It's longer and maybe a bit broader.

Edited by Anacybele

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Reforged = different sword. Also, if you compare Marth's Falchion to Chrom and Lucina's, like I said, the blade is also different. It's longer and maybe a bit broader.

They literally say the blade is the same, that is still nagas fang, the same one on Marth's version of Falchion. 

14 minutes ago, Kubson said:

I love Brave weapons, they are always useful for dealing lots of damage and let slow units double for once.

I love brave weapons, I just wish they had a tad more durability since your usually getting off all four attacks.

Edited by DisobeyedCargo
Sorry mods, clicked edit post but the quote went into new post

20 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

They literally say the blade is the same, that is still nagas fang, the same one on Marth's version of Falchion. 

And yet in artwork, the blades still look different? I'm talking about the actual blade part too, not the rest.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And yet in artwork, the blades still look different? I'm talking about the actual blade part too, not the rest.

That's just something they don't explain and you have to take their word for it.  Silly, I know.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

1 minute ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

That's just something they don't explain and you have to take their word for it.  Silly, I know.

Yeah, I guess so.

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:39 AM, Slumber said:

PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Yup, I seriously love this axe too.

4 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

Yup, I seriously love this axe too.

That axe is op as heck

As for favorite weapon, I'll give it to shining bow, it made sakura and  niles the MVP of Birthright and conquest

it also has what other bows would kill for... 1-2 range!!

17 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

As for favorite weapon, I'll give it to shining bow, it made sakura and  niles the MVP of Birthright and conquest

it also has what other bows would kill for... 1-2 range!!

How would you get a Shining Bow in Birthright? Because you can't without DLC or battle rewards.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

12 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

How would you get a Shining Bow in Birthright? Because you can't without DLC or battle rewards.

Battle rewards 

grinded 825 of those dang things 

it was worth it 

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

That conversation you just posted is where I saw this confirmed, actually. It and the design heavily implies that Marth's Falchion became quite worn and a new Falchion was forged to replace it. That's why Chrom and Lucina's Falchion looks extremely different. It's even bigger than the original in addition to having a different guard and pommel. The blade is longer and possibly a bit broader too. So the blade WAS changed.

Lucina and Owain may say "same spirit" and such, but so much appears to have been changed from Marth's Falchion that it honestly may as well be an entirely different Falchion.

I was going to explain why this was wrong, but then someone else continued it and you explained why you think it was deifferent.

51 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This is actually a case of artist's perspective, where multiple times a design can be altered from the original but be radically different.

One primary example I can think of from the top of my head is Zero from the Megaman franchise. 

In the Megaman X series, Zero looked like this:
latest?cb=20160109034119

But in Megaman Zero series, this is what he looks like:
latest?cb=20080328211345

Radically different, right? Before people thought there was armor changes or such from the timeskip, since it takes place well over 100 years, but it was confirmed by Word of God that Zero's appearance never changed storywise, but rather it's just his art design, simply. 

So Falchion's blade looking different from the Archanean version to the Ylissean version is just the artist's design, but they did made a canon explanation for why the hilt was changed. 

So story-wise, Falchion's blade never changed, and it was still the same Falchion, but the hilt went under design changes.

5 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Oh, my...  That's genuinely frightening.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

What is, the fact that he did it, or the fact that he counted it?

THREE DAYS OF GRINDING

BUT IT WAS WORTH IT!!

5 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

...Anyway, I've also liked the Yotsmungand tome, if only for the name.

(Waits for it to end up localized as Midgard.)

Wouldn't it be Jormungandr? The Norse World Serpent eating the horizon.

Anywho, on aesthetic grounds I prefer tomes and spells to physical weapons, particularly pre-3DS, which had lackluster animations for the most part compared to what came before it. Although I will say I like the gold and silver contrast of Ragnell and Alondite, and the holy-dark-eastern/neutral trio of the Tyrfing, Mystletainn, and Balmung. Also, the Poleaxes and Greatlances of RD are cool.

3 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I guess.  But Midgard just seems shorter and more concise.

Well Fates gave us Ginnungagap, something I only know how to pronounce since it is the final dungeon of ToS: DotW. If they're willing to give us such a funky Norse name, and they had before with Fimbulvetr, and since with FEH, I'm certain Jormungandr will gets its full name in translation.

I've got a soft spot for Wolf Berg.

It's just a gigantic axe. There's no gods or dragon nonsense involved in it. The description just says "The Conqueror's Greataxe". Walhart is effectively a Fire Emblem protagonist gone bad, but without all the divine help they tend to get along the way, so something so simple yet effective is very fitting.