least favorite character in the series personality wise

So a while back I was thinking about the plot of fates and how little sense it makes and the character I think make it suck, I was wondering if there is a character in Fire Emblem that you just despise,  not in terms of usefulness as a unit, but their personality. Maybe a character's actions just really rubbed you the wrong way and ever since you have looked upon them with disgust, or maybe there's a character whose actions in the plot either don't make sense or worse, contradict what they’re supposed to be like ( Looking at you Xander ) or you just plain don't like them for no reason at all.

Feel free to share your thoughts below

PoR Soren. He's an asshole to the extreme. Mind you, this is the same game with someone else who's also a pretty big dick.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Micaiah. Big hyprocite who thinks her war crazed country can't do any wrong, even if they started the war against Crimea. Then she blames Crimea for the problems of her country, when her country is the one to blame for starting the war with no provocation. She'd also do anything, murdering anyone, including innocents, for her awful country.

Edited by Nobody

I'd say Nowi. Can't stand annoying kid characters, she should definitely act her age. Not to mention her design, but I don't know whether that counts. Xander, Myrrh and Ephraim all come close too.

I'm of a mind that this topic has a sizable probability of degenerating into wanton character bashing and thus getting locked. Then again, the Unpopular Opinions one never was.

Amongst my least favorites would be Ilyana- RD made some effort to make less one dimensional, but she still ultimately is. Anna following what Awakening did to her is also a least favorite of mine. Excellus has recently joined the group owing to his okama nature. RD Oliver is IS inventing its own meme, and while I do get a kick from some of his lines, I ultimately disapprove of any and all memes coming into contact with FE. 

Hector. I hate his general personality but lots of things he does in the story really make me angry,  I haven't played FE7 in forever so I can't point out too many things, but such things include the soldier incident at the beginning and him threatening to kill Jaffar right in front of Nino's face.

@Nobody. Completly agree with you a bout Micaiah, I found her to be  annoying and had this "Holier than thou" additude that never ceases to piss me off

Personally, I dislike pretty much the entire cast of fates save for Flora but I think Xander is the most egregious and shameful attempt at a Camus archetype in any Fire Emblem game. He's a sniveling coward  who knows that the war is unjustified but goes through with it anyway in the hope that after his Dad has killed some several thousands of people and subjugated the survivors to brutal oppression, that he will go back to the way he was. Talk about asinine logic. Furthermore, we are supposed to believe he loves the Avatar dearly, but based on his actions it seems his love for the avatar is completely situational and circumstantial,  to me that's not real love.

Male Corrin. Not that I like female Corrin but Male Corrin automatically became my least favorite character once we learned about his support with Solei. "Please treasure yourself more" has to be one of the ugliest lines I ever read in fiction, even if it didn't come from Lord Badtouch. Shaming people while pretending you care about them is just all kinds of "urgh".

I could say Peri and Garon but that's real low hanging fruit. 

So I'll just start with Michalis. He's a scumbag who willingly turned incredibly evil yet he gets a happy ending while people who were conflicted about what they did or who weren't in control of their actions got punished with death. Hardin's possessed, Marques Laus gets corrupted so bad that at the end he's no longer entirely responsible for his actions and plenty of characters at least believe they do the right thing. This isn't the case with Michalis. He willingly chose to kill his dad, send his sister away as a hostage and he willingly helped an evil dragon take over the world just in the vain hopes his silly future rebellion would work. And despite all of this he gets to be king again at the end. 

I'm not too big on Clive either. Maybe him trying to get rid of Alm right at the moment Alm was done liberating his country and saving his wife for him was an accident on the writers part but it sure does come off pretty repulsive. ''Good job Kid! You did all the heavy lifting for me and saved my beloved wife....now get the heck out of here you fake!'' 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Peri, for reasons people have already stated elsewhere, but mainly because she feels out of place as Xander's retainer.  Creative, I know.

So I'll also throw Fates!Arthur (his localized version, at least) into the mix.  He too feels like an attempt at manufacturing a meme not unlike Radiant Dawn!Oliver, and his whole superhero shtick just doesn't gel with me.

But my worst feelings are reserved for Surtr.  Were they even trying with him, as far as making a good villain goes?  He's practically this in character form.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

7 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Peri, for reasons people have already stated elsewhere, but mainly because she feels out of place as Xander's retainer.  Creative, I know.

So I'll also throw Fates!Arthur (his localized version, at least) into the mix.  He too feels like an attempt at manufacturing a meme not unlike Radiant Dawn!Oliver, and his whole superhero shtick just doesn't gel with me.

But my worst feelings are reserved for Surtr.  Were they even trying with him, as far as making a good villain goes?  He's practically this in character form.

Surprisingly I  don't find Arthur all that annoying even though other characters like him do, but that IS because he's never made it more than 3 chapters in any playthrough of mine without dieing to a random crit.

Edited by Sage of the Mist
Spelling mistake

7 minutes ago, CyberController said:

He’s worse than Makalov?

Makalov's dickery can be semi comedic IMO, especially when Marcia is involved, Soren is just a dick though.

As for me, I would say Kris, but I always say him, so I will say someone else. Put I still find him the worst character in FE.

Other than Kris, Peri, IMO, is one of the worst FE characters and my second least favourite character. She has nothing redeemable about her except maybe her Laslow support, she literally makes characters like Leo and Xander go OOC in her supports with them, and no one tries to reprimand her for her wrong doings, like trying to kill Felicia numerous times in their supports. She is just a horrible character with nothing appealing about her.

1 minute ago, ΔZZ said:

Makalov's dickery can be semi comedic IMO, especially when Marcia is involved, Soren is just a dick though.

As for me, I would say Kris, but I always say him, so I will say someone else. Put I still find him the worst character in FE.

Other than Kris, Peri, IMO, is one of the worst FE characters and my second least favourite character. She has nothing redeemable about her except maybe her Laslow support, she literally makes characters like Leo and Xander go OOC in her supports with them, and no one tries to reprimand her for her wrong doings, like trying to kill Felicia numerous times in their supports. She is just a horrible character with nothing appealing about her.

Not to mention she does nothing but reinforce the stigma associated with mental illness  and her behavior and psychological trauma are never addressed in a meaningful or thoughtful way

Ike. I have never liked him and still don't! Not only is he a gigantic idiot (Insulting Sanaki in front of Elincia and the Senate, nearly paying with his life, and screwing Elincia over in retaking crimea), his bluntness really doesn't sit well with me. When I am talking about Ike I might as well talk about his sword, since his sword is basically his life and everything is solved by fighing with him. Which is why I like to ignore he exists everytime he appears in Radiant Dawn especially.

Peri is the obvious choice. Her willingness to go and straight up murder innocent people for the slightest things isn't nearly as charming as the game makes it out to be. I might be more mild if Xander actually took her on out of pity and tried to help her in a strict manner, but nope.

Other then that I may have to go with Valtome. A madman in power could be interesting, but Valtome just exist to screw things over for his own side and nothing more then that. He sends his own soldiers to their certain death for no reason at all and he's solely responsible for making Crimea side against Begnion. I just find it a shame since Lekain shows that the Senate can be competent if they try and i'm left confused why he'd allow Valtome anywhere near the army.

There's quite a few.

Ike, mostly his RD version, for the reasons @Michelaar stated.

Ephraim, for being extremely cocky, which is a trait I hate in any character.

Corrin for being naïve and never wisening up. I understand they've been sheltered all of their life, but it's not as if they haven't interacted with another person before.

Soren is just an ass.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm of a mind that this topic has a sizable probability of degenerating into wanton character bashing and thus getting locked. Then again, the Unpopular Opinions one never was.

Yep, and TC isn't helping in the least.  I'm going to keep a close eye on this, and if the whining gets out of hand, I'll lock it.

Anyway. . .I don't like Severa, but she picked up those traits from somewhere.  And that "somewhere" is Cordelia.

2 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I think some people here are confusing character with personality. I'm going to have to say Bastian. His over eccentric lines are quite annoying to read. 

But the topic title says "least favorite character, personality-wise"?

Just now, eclipse said:

But the topic title says "least favorite character, personality-wise"?

There are certain posts that are saying their opinion on why a character sucks because of certain actions/character traits, not their inherent personality. This is despite the thread title literally saying which character's personality sucks. 

I have a pretty intense hatred of any and all Tsundere characters. It's not cute, it's not funny, those characters almost never develop in any meaningful way, and as units they tend to suck anyway. Severa comes to mind as the prime example. 

I despise Corrin because of how utterly moronic they are in 2/3 routes. 

Other than that, I pretty heavily dislike a large amount of the Birthright cast -- Setsuna is a stoner with little to no depth, Hana is so wet for Sakura it's creepy (and totally one-note), Hinata is an idiot, and the rest (aside from the ninja trio) are forgettable. Also Rhajat exists, and while I have much less of an issue with fanservice than most people on this forum, her copy-paste design had no reason to exist. 

As for vague dislikes, Ephraim annoys me because cocky characters (who almost never get punished for it) annoy me. Hector comes close for the same reason. Characters like Vaike are like snorting sand to me -- coarse, irritating, and completely without value. 

Everyone knows I dislike Sanaki.  I'm not a fan of the child with power trope, and she's a particularly bad instance of it.

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Yep, and TC isn't helping in the least.  I'm going to keep a close eye on this, and if the whining gets out of hand, I'll lock it.

Anyway. . .I don't like Severa, but she picked up those traits from somewhere.  And that "somewhere" is Cordelia.

Sorry.  Who/what's TC again?

Yeah, I'll agree that Severa was one of my least favorite characters in Awakening (Cynthia being the other).  I was completely ignorant of waifu culture and tsunderes/other anime tropes when I first played Awakening, so I had no idea how she was supposed to be appealing.

5 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Sorry.  Who/what's TC again?

TC stands for Thread (or Topic) Creator.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia