"Training/challenge" hack?

NeoMasterZX

Would it be possible to make a hack that was just a series of maps that gradually ramp up in difficulty? It would lack any story, and may be useful for helping people like myself get better at Fire Emblem, as well as giving a test for more experienced players to see how far they can go before they lose someone for any reason. Though honestly, I'd really like a hack like that just so I could play Fire Emblem without "playing" Fire Emblem.

Hmm... You could always do a playthrough of Sacred Stones, for example, and skip the story :o Or Binding Blade if you want difficulty building up

Well, that's only half the idea. And I'd be lying if I didn't expect a response like this. Problem is, if I'm playing an actual game, I will wanna pay attention to the story. I think a more of generic nameless setting would take some of the pressure of screwing up of my mind and I could spend more time thinking about what I should/could do. I also do like the idea of just having something I can quickly boot up and play a bit without getting invested like I would with a game proper.

if you mean vanilla FE without story, pretty sure there isn't anything like that. if you're searching for a storyless custom hack, closest you're gonna get is probably Void's blitzarre adventure, which lacks a substantial story(aka anything more than demon king killed my parents) because it was made in a week.

Fire Emblem Resonance is another blitz that was made in around a week, and has almost no story, but the maps are overall less challenging(and fun) than VBA, imo.