Bound Hero Battle: Matthew and Hector

Rafiel's Aria

Another Hector fight so soon?

Lord and liege join forces in our newest challenge. Beware. It looks like Hector's running Bold Fighter. Still have those Tobins and Selenas on hand? And don't you dare underestimate Matthew. He could sneak up and pick your pockets while you're not looking. Is that the sound of Anna sobbing in the distance?

NOTE: Will edit in map pics (or links to pics) as well as stats/skills as well as a section for tips/tricks. Ping me if you'd like to add to it!

Infernal Map

Spoiler

AmndwNA.jpg?1

Infernal Skills and Stats

Spoiler

Matthew: 68/44/40/36/22

• Rogue Dagger+ (ATK Refine)
  • No Assist
  • Glimmer (Fully Charged)
  • Fury 3
  • Poison Strike 3
  • SPD Tactic 3

Hector: 84/55/27/40/21

• Armads
  • No Assist
  • Bonfire
  • Distant Counter
  • Bold Fighter 3
  • Goad Armor

Lance Pegasus: 52/45/38/23/39

• Slaying Spear+
  • No Assist
  • Escutcheon
  • Iote's Shield
  • Dull Close 3
  • Guidance

Red Mage: 52/47/35/22/31

• Rauðrblade+
  • Pivot
  • Draconic Aura
  • Swift Sparrow 2
  • Seal DEF/RES 2
  • Drive DEF 2

Green Mage Cav: 45/52/28/18/39

• Keen Gronnwolf+
  • No Assist
  • Moonbow
  • ATK/RES 2
  • Seal ATK 3
  • SPD Ploy 3

Lance Knight: 76/56/17/44/21

• Slaying Lance+
  • No Assist
  • Luna
  • Brazen ATK/DEF 3
  • Wings of Mercy 3
  • Armor March 3

Edited by Rafiel's Aria

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ReinLyn + 2 dancers trivialized the map. Definitely prioritize the Guidance flier on turn 1. Map is easy to the point that I cleared Infernal first before clearing the other difficulties.

Warning about Infernal:pay attention to Hector's special, he switched to bonfire and can easily takes down units with bold fighter. 

Thank you so much for starting the thread! I was going to but being on mobile is a hassle. 

@mampfoid @Zeo @Rafiel's Aria @kirauza343 @SatsumaFSoysoy @DefyingFates

Well, without further ado I present the latest Eirika clear. This one took two tries to clear and also has a very nervewrecking moment at the end where I was almost sure Eirika would die but she survived with the power of bonds!

Also, Genny was the key on this map, Bartre with Hammer (def refine) took down the pegasus and this incredible Armored lance unit and Fjorm for Matthew and red mage, final l'y, Olivia (Armorslayer)killed Hector. 

4 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Thank you so much for starting the thread! I was going to but being on mobile is a hassle. 

Well, without further ado I present the latest Eirika clear. This one took two tries to clear and also has a very nervewrecking moment at the end where I was almost sure Eirika would die but she survived with the power of bonds!

She ate Hector up like he was nothing... Skinny legend. ???

Matthew & Hector in one turn: 

First I was shocked how far everyone was away, but in the end it was easier than expected. I was surprised to find Matthew without CC, but SPD tactic suits him well @Zeo(even if it didn't get the chance to proc). Last time Roy had to leave the honor to deal with L!Hector to Elincia, but this time the General and father in law was all his. Only minor SI was needed: First time Shove in a clear! @mcsilas Rare occurrence of a natural quad by Cherche, she could have used another seal instead of her usual Heavy Blade/QP. Roy needed to equip Guard to survive Hectors Bonfire while having LnD equipped and no Summoner Support. 

@Rafiel's Aria Big thanks for opening the topic! 

@Alexmender Eirika is cool as always and you had a perfect positioning on this tight map. I thought that lance with dull close would give you more trouble, but surviving 50 damage from the blue Knight was the biggest accomplishment. Congratulations! 

@NSSKG151 Perhaps you are interested seeing GF on Cordelia in action?

Edited by mampfoid

Well,  that was probably the easiest Infernal I've ever fought.

Adult Tiki trivialised the right side of the map while I picked the rest apart with Bridelia, Nino and Nowi.

I’m in love with the tactics team I built. Cleared it in one try with BB!Ninian, LA!Eliwood, Nino, and Eirika

21 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Ahhhh this was amazing to watch. Hoping to get more merges for my Eirika soon so that she can be just like this

FUN STUFF, GUYS! 

lol I can't edit my post anymore. Somehow, it let me edit in the one infernal map plus the typed out stats. But when I went back to try and edit in the other maps, it decided I wasn't allowed to do that anymore. Can't even make small text changes now. Ain't that great? XD So you can still ping me if you have tips and tricks, but I can't promise I'll ever be able to stick them in the opening post. 

Maybe I'll be able to edit them into this one at least. XD

I was busy doing the monthly Cavalry quests for orbs to do my summons and using some newer horses who needed SP, so when the reset came along I just went with it and took that team to the BHB. No problems with one-shotting Infernal then proceeded to die twice in Lunatic out of carelessness. Whoops.

Team was all horse alts: Ephraim, Eirika, Catria, Lyn. All fire blessed which would have helped I guess.

Took about six tries for Infernal, the only skill modification I did for my fliers was the usual Tana's Ward Fliers and the new idea of Florina getting Quickened Pulse.

Lunatic was done afterwards, and took three tries. I blame Matthew sucking.

1. try clear on infernal with saizo clair bike and gunnthra. Clair finished all mages while saizo habdled all melees, Ike took the blue armorer down. And hector died to the combo of windsweep smoke daggers from saizo and gunnhtras Blizzard

Mathew dealt 0 dmg to Saizo... clearly smoke daggers are superior!

Edited by Hilda

@mampfoid Nice work! For first glance, I thought your team might not reach all of them because of those walls but you prove me wrong.

@mcsilas @Zeo @kirauza343

This map is easier than Lector's map because there aren't reinforcements. But those mages really give Shiro a headache. Fortunately, Matthew special is not Bonfire/ Ignis so he can't harm Shiro. Roy have no business in this map. He just ride his horse for a walk lol. 

Edited by Ginko

Horses are our salvation, and Reposition is the harbinger of judgement.

Started off by shuffling everyone over to the left side. Reinhardt opened by shooting down the lance flier. Cecilia needed Atk+3 as both her A and S in order to destroy the green wolf mage:
Screenshot_20180705-143054.png

Then I first tried to KO Matthew with Reinhardt after repositioning Cecilia away, but suddenly found out that the lance knight has WoM, the dastard.

Instead, I had Reinhardt take Cecilia’s former spot and put Lyn where he stood. She took a hit from Matthew (surviving with exactly 1 HP), lowering him enough for Cecilia to KO him in the player phase.

The red mage was deleted by Reinhardt somewhere around this time.

I put Xander with CD3 seal right into Hector’s face, and he counterkilled Hector and tanked a poke from the lance knight. We were in the clear:
Screenshot_20180705-143659.png

There was only one way I could end this:
Screenshot_20180705-143750.png
With a rain of swords by my freshly-+3’d Cecilia!

Stage clear. It was fun.

10 minutes ago, Ginko said:

@mampfoid Nice work! For first glance, I thought your team might not reach all of them because of those walls but you prove me wrong.

@mcsilas @Zeo @kirauza343

This map is easier than Lector's map because there aren't reinforcements. But those mages really give Shiro a headache. Fortunately, Matthew special is not Bonfire/ Ignis so he can't harm Shiro. Roy have no business in this map. He just ride his horse for walk lol. 

Thumbnail approved. Female enemy fliers know what's up.

35 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Thanks! Yeah, at first glance I was shocked about the map design, but in the end it worked out all pretty well. 

38 minutes ago, Ginko said:

This map is easier than Lector's map because there aren't reinforcements. But those mages really give Shiro a headache. Fortunately, Matthew special is not Bonfire/ Ignis so he can't harm Shiro. Roy have no business in this map. He just ride his horse for walk lol. 

Poor Roy, but after tanking the mage with Shiro the rest of the map became a walk in the park also for the rest of your team. Few would be able to kill that Knight in one round. Congratulations! 

32 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

AI: "Send the enemies at the tank one at a time. Surely this is a good idea."

It wasn't a good idea.

Also Glimmer is clearly the wrong special for Matthew. Did he deal damage to anyone at all? First I thought you'd try a solo, anyway a nice clear! 

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Also Glimmer is clearly the wrong special for Matthew. Did he deal damage to anyone at all? First I thought you'd try a solo, anyway a nice clear! 

...It never occurred to me that a solo with F!Grima could be done, now that you mention it. I'll get back to you on that.

Did Infernal with Lyon (for Matthew and green), Hardin (to bait Matthew and red), Spring Alfonse (Lancebreaker and Brave Axe), and Leif (to take on Hector). Oddly enough, I had trouble scaling down.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

@mampfoid A few attempts later, I realized that I couldn't semi-solo with F!Grima in any entertaining way (a.k.a. any way that wasn't literally the strat in my video, just with positioning people out of attack range). Turns out Hector does just enough with his special to kill F!Grima if I don't sit back and let her fully heal. Oh well, it was a nice thought.

Edited by Some Jerk

8 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

@mampfoid A few attempts later, I realized that I couldn't semi-solo with F!Grima in any entertaining way (a.k.a. any way that wasn't literally the strat in my video, just with positioning people out of attack range). Turns out Hector does just enough with his special to kill F!Grima if I don't sit back and let her fully heal. Oh well, it was a nice thought.

Ah too bad. I don't want you to waste hours on it, but would it help to give Priscilla Drive DEF seal and F!Grima Guard instead of Renewal? 

11 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

@mampfoid @Alexmender @Nowi's Husband Guys, these videos never cease to amaze me. Keep it up. Also Nowi, how come you don't have Nowi in your video?

Hey thanks! If you like, I could tag you next time as well. 

Edited by mampfoid