Bound Hero Battle: Matthew and Hector

Rafiel's Aria

@Nanima I was wondering how you were going to deal with Hector at first, then I remembered you had a Firesweep Archer. After that I knew how this was about to go, and it went exactly that way. A simple bait and switch and the map was done.

@Landmaster For the summer clear things got dicey at first, but as soon as you had Matt & Hector boxed in it was a wrap. All you had to do was pick them off.

Not much to say about the horses. But it's always nice to see Groom Marth and you get bonus points for red Rein instead of blue.

Dancers didn't disappoint. I was a little surprised to see Olivia take as much damage as she did from the red mage, that's blade tomes for you. Then Micaiah proceed to utterly wreck the map. Lene standing her ground at the end was awesome as well. Deserved that kill and the exact damage only made things even more fitting.

Good, unique set of clears.

@mcsilas Ahhh, you got me with that Psycho Soldier theme! I miss Kensou. Loved seeing Odin take down his (former) bottom tier brother. Your family supported eachother brilliantly. It's pretty ridiculous how even with Wrath, Blue Flame AND the weapon triangle Owain still couldn't one round Hector. But his mom was at the ready to finish him off with just the right amount of damage. The fact that Ophelia performed here without an A or B skill speaks volumes about what kind of unit she is. Still her dad's tome came in perfect handy to give her just the right "push" (yep, puns) to delete that armor.

@Sasori Always refreshing to see someone else use Matthew, even if his role here is a bit more traditional.

@ruruo @Azuris

I kind of wanted to revisit this one for an FE7 clear with Legault, but that would have took more time and more importantly, undermined the last FE7 clear I did which was the finale. Still, I'll tag you guys since you didn't see my original clears.

Spoiler

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@daisy jane Scroll up, I neglected to tag you, my apologies.

Forgot to post this:

Princess clear was even more free. I went in expecting Hinoka to use her effective damage against Hector but OG Sakura went in with her nonsensical damage and not only tanked the red mage but nuked Matthew AND Hector effortlessly. It was all her. (Yep, puns again.)

@eclipse Since this is a double post I'm asking you to merge the above italic paragraph into my above post under the Nanima tag as it's for her clear. I was unable to edit the post despite... there not being that much text.

Edited by Zeo

Another late clear from me~ This wasn’t planned (for this map, anyway) but when I ended up free pulling Summer Takumi, I had to do it~ I planned to test them out on the BHB for Clarine and Klein but once I saw that this was feasible, a few attempts and some minor SI actually got the win~

The idea behind this was the fact that I’ve never used teams that rely on Ally Support between my units, so I wanted to try it out for once since I’ve seen how critical it can be on so many clears~

Hope you don't mind being tagged @Nanima, but I thought you might like to see Sunkumi's first battle and Sakunyan~

Starting out with the sets, Sakura needs Rally Defense, Drive Spd, and Leo’s Support and Ploys to survive Matthew’s Glimmer. She also needs double Darting Stance 2 to be able to double him. I know that seems like a lot and I tested it removing some of these factors but without one or some of these things, she gets attacked by the Red Mage instead who she cannot hope to double no matter what, nor does it bring her HP low enough so we’re just going to roll with this.

Takumi needs both Elise’s Tome Drive Effect and the Support Spd to double the Lance Pegasus. (I’m also fairly certain he needs Leo to be within a space of him when he is attacked by Matthew to not get doubled).

Leo needs to be within one space of Sakura and Elise’s Drive Def to not get toasted by Bonfire. They also both need to get their Ploys off on him otherwise Leo can’t survive the Bonfire (I actually calculated this; Def Ploy on Sakura brings his Bonfire to  35.5 damage, just enough damage to kill him if he didn’t have that extra Defense point. Never thought before about lowering the Defense to help survive an attack and it was actually pretty much on accident that this ended up working out but it gave me a new insight on how I can go about doing some battles now against skills that are based damage from stats).

I always forget about the Drives in Elise and Leo’s Tomes, but they usually don’t matter much in the times I’ve used them on maps (or maybe I just never noticed)~ Seeing them play a visible role for once, along with the Supports made it pretty fun~ Oh and fun fact, I cleared this so many times to test the factors for the Skills after I recorded this that Sakura and Leo are S Support now, hehe~

On 12/30/2018 at 8:08 PM, Zeo said:

Hide contents

For the Dancers, oh yeah, I had to make sure Olivia could survive just one attack to bait them out. It was a lot of damage but I'm glad Double DD3 and Drive Res made it happen to avoid dealing with any kind of AI change~

I was looking forward to seeing these~ Even with Glimmer, Matthew is nothing for your Matthew. Another map where he clears it pretty easily. Even though Ayra needed to chip Hector down, he still comes through for the kill.

Right off the bat, Morgan is taking a huge hit but all it does is set him up for Desperation on the next turn before he’s healed and can do it all over again. Even Hector’s Bonfire can’t take him out and it once again sets up for a Desperation rampage as well as Amelia to serve as his trusty Shield before they finish off the last enemies. I liked how you played this one out taking full advantage of all your Skills.

Hector and Matthew are a ferocious duo, tanky and killing everyone with total ease. Even Serra landed a nice kill on the armor. I honestly didn’t expect Ignis to straight up incinerate OG!Hector but I should hardly be surprised honestly. Lyn was also a great cheerleader, can’t not appreciate OG!Lyn~

On 31.12.2018 at 2:08 AM, Zeo said:

I was wondering how you were going to deal with Hector at first, then I remembered you had a Firesweep Archer. After that I knew how this was about to go, and it went exactly that way. A simple bait and switch and the map was done.

Yeah, I still celebrate the day I pulled that Faye. It's been my lifesaver for so many clears and it definitely was for Hector. Otherwise I might have had to go with a Desperate+Brash Assault combo on my OG!Takumi.

On 31.12.2018 at 2:15 AM, Zeo said:

Princess clear was even more free. I went in expecting Hinoka to use her effective damage against Hector but OG Sakura went in with her nonsensical damage and not only tanked the red mage but nuked Matthew AND Hector effortlessly. It was all her. (Yep, puns again.)

Haha indeed it was all her. Except that last tin can at the end, because Sakura didn't have quite enough bulk to survive a hit from it and it was too cramped. But yeah. it was super satisfying to take out both bosses with her. 

7 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Hope you don't mind being tagged @Nanima, but I thought you might like to see Sunkumi's first battle and Sakunyan~

Of course, I don't mind! This was a lovely little theme clear with the baby sibs! Sakunyan and Sunkumi took huge hit sin the beginning but managed to last throughout the rest of the fight. Elise did a wonderful job getting rid of a lot of enemies and tanking those pesky mages. Seeing the often-mocked Seashore Prince actually one round a Hector at full health was also all kinds of impressive. Still can't get used to hearing their English voices. haha Very impressive!

15 hours ago, Nanima said:

Of course, I don't mind! This was a lovely little theme clear with the baby sibs! Sakunyan and Sunkumi took huge hit sin the beginning but managed to last throughout the rest of the fight. Elise did a wonderful job getting rid of a lot of enemies and tanking those pesky mages. Seeing the often-mocked Seashore Prince actually one round a Hector at full health was also all kinds of impressive. Still can't get used to hearing their English voices. haha Very impressive!

I'm glad you liked it, Sakura really impressed running though a lot of the map and at 1 HP at that and Takumi got great chip damage on Matthew that I really needed that no one else would really be able to do. I always knew the Def Refine on Leo would come through at some point, haha~

How are you supposed to kill a lv. 40 Matthew with Fjorm? One doesn't exist in the arena (I looked for ages), and the one in the BHB has too much Def. Even if Fjorm can kill him, she'll die to Hector or one of the other enemies. I've tried dancers, healers, everything. She dies.

EDIT: I finally found a way. Used NY Hrid's Hone Atk 4 plus a Spur Atk buff to let her one-round him and then the rest was easy enough.

Edited by Anacybele

• 9 months later...