FE12 H3 0% growths LTC

Chapter 23 is done in 3 turns (140 total), with 1 Rescue and 1 Again uses.

Used RP on Palla, Katarina, Midia, Ymir, Belf, Leiden and Nagi (14 left)
Sold 25 Brave Sword, 10 Silver Lance, 24 Javelin and 15 Dragonpike (+2525G)
Forged +2 mt Wyrmslayer named Radd (-2400G)

Money remaining: 290G.

The greatest bait to ever bait, all enemies that can move started moving on turn 1. Gordin is a hero to the bitter end, RIP. I had to skip Gharnef because I don't have the Starlight. RIP Midia and Ymir too, they were pretty useful.

This strategy was pretty unreliable despite the fact that the combat stats don't look bad: a few low critrates and a 19.9% chance to Gradivus crit with Palla or Belf. However, there are multiple enemy movements that can screw up everything. The right Fire Dragon on turn 1 and Gharnef on turn 2 have to move 6 tiles down each. If the former moves 1 left and 5 down, Nagi dies because she's within range of a Glower!Sorcerer upon killing him, and I need her for Endgame. If Gharnef moves 1L5D, he blocks Marth's way. Both of those are coinflips, so the chance for the strategy is around 4%.

This map is also the only reason I trained Etzel to B staves. I thought for most of the time that he probably has to use Recover here, so I just made sure he can use it. Turns out Mend would've been good enough because Malicia can provide enough healing (especially to Leiden on turn 1) with Fortify. Most of the staff training wasn't for naught though because he had to use Unlock as a Sage in C20.

Stats:

DEAD: Luke, Cecille, Frey, Rody, Linde, Navarre, Athena, Horace, Frost, Catria, Est, Dolph, Gordin, Ymir, Midia

Marth: Boots, 1 Seraph Robe, 1 Arms Scroll, C swords

Palla: Promoted, 4 Seraph Robes, 5 Energy Drops, 4 Secret Book, 2 Speedwings, 1 Goddess Icon, 5 Dracoshields, A lances, C axes + 1 wexp

Katarina: 1 Seraph Robe, 7 Spirit Dusts, 4 Speedwings, 4 Goddess Icons, A tomes

Midia: 1 Arms Scroll, 1 Speedwing, B swords (Paladin)

Malicia: Promoted, A staves (Bishop), B staves + 38 wexp (Sage)

Etzel: C staves + 45 wexp (Sage / Sorcerer), B staves + 15 wexp (Bishop)

Belf: Promoted, 1 Arms Scroll, 1 Energy Drop, A lances

Leiden: Promoted

Shiida: Promoted, C lances + 47 wexp

Gordin: Promoted, B bows + 10 wexp

Edited by Gradivus.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Endgame is done in 2 turns.

Total turncount: 142 turns

Used RP on Leiden, Palla, Katarina and Xane (10 left)
Used Speedwing on Leiden

A pretty tricky chapter since I had to do it with no Rescue or Again uses. The Medeus kill requires me to kill off Katarina since she and Xane are the only units that can do more than a scratch to him. For both of them to reach Medeus, I had to dance Katarina on turn 1 and Xane on turn 2. Consequently Katarina had to be within range of two 30 Spd Wyverns, so she needed the +2 mt on the Wryssss to OHKO them and not get killed.

I also needed a lot of units to bait Dragons away from Katarina. I put multiple units guaranteed to die within range of the Dragons. I'm not sure how the AI chooses between guaranteed kills. Given that Macellan was killed before Elrean, it definitely isn't as simple as going for the higher critrate. Higher damage doesn't work consistently either, as I've seen Elrean (13 Def, 2 Lck) being targeted over Sirius (11 Def, 4 Lck). It could be a combination of crit and damage, since they do seem to play a role, but I can only speculate.

Leiden's role was to distract a Wyvern away from Katarina. He would've died normally, but the RNGod decided to spare him. He probably didn't need the Speedwing because the Fire and Ice Dragons already have other targets to go for and don't pull 100 hit against him, so he would live to bait the Wyvern regardless. Also, turns out I didn't need Nagi.

The Medeus kill had a chance of around 1.1%, which is really low, but fortunately the Aura crit, which is the worst part of it, only takes around 10 seconds per attempt, so it was pretty bearable.

Displayed the dialogue to show how few of the groups talking here are still complete.

Death List: Luke, Cecille, Frey, Rody, Linde, Navarre, Athena, Horace, Frost, Catria, Est, Dolph, Gordin, Ymir, Midia, Macellan, Warren, Elrean, Arran, Jake, Katarina

Battles:
1st: Palla, 142
2nd: Katarina, 46
3rd: Sirius, 42
4th: Arran, 38
5th: Shiida, 36

Wins:
1st: Palla, 87
2nd: Sirius, 32
3rd: Katarina, 29
4th: Shiida, 20
5th: Minerva, 16

1 hour ago, Irysa said:

RIP literally everyone

Congratulations on a job well done, I've been following but didn't have much to say about past chapters.

Now do it on H4 deathless

There's actually a H4 deathless run in the works right now, Ziggy McDougal uploaded a C19 clear for it.

15 minutes ago, Barrel said:

You should totally list which units you failed to recruit. :P

Nice work though, was fun to follow!

Here you go: Bord, Julian, Matthis, Castor, Rickard, Roger, Bantu, Beck, Tiki, Astram, Tomas, Sheema, Samson, Roshea, Vyland, Sedgar, Wolf, Michalis, Maria, Lena, Elice