Special Heroes: Summer Banner #2 Video Posted!

Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Funny enough, I'm the exact opposite. :D

I find snow far more fun to look at. There's just a surreal feel seeing everything covered in white. If anything, I find grass and flowers and all such more boring by comparison, though allergies probably play a role in that.

Frankly, I'll take any kind of storm over a sunny day. Hearing the crackle and boom of thunder on a dark day is a lot more exciting to me. :D

...Really? How is plain white snow better than the various and often beautiful colors of grass and flowers?

I can't stand thunder. It's often too loud for me and my sensitive hearing. Lightning can look cool, but since it's pretty much always followed by a loud crack of thunder...yeah. Also, how can anyone sleep at night when there's thunder out at that time?

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

Funny enough, I'm the exact opposite. :D

I find snow far more fun to look at. There's just a surreal feel seeing everything covered in white. If anything, I find grass and flowers and all such more boring by comparison, though allergies probably play a role in that.

Frankly, I'll take any kind of storm over a sunny day. Hearing the crackle and boom of thunder on a dark day is a lot more exciting to me. :D

I actually like flowers, because they are not only  pretty but also symbolic and I'm quite a symbolism garbage but there is that. I still hate how people on four-season areas worships summer over other seasons mainly because of the above reason, though. This being said, I almost never go outside when the sun still shines because I do hate the heat too. 

In any case, I'll just say this for those dreading Camilla and/or considering her their worst enemy; don't be surprised if that member of Fire Emblem's fanservice icons in question winds up in this banner. Yes, it means every Nohrian royal's got Summer gear compared to Hoshido's zero, but I'm honestly surprised Summer Camilla wasn't a thing last year anyways.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Problem for me is, I'm always cold in winter regardless of how many layers I put on. I rarely feel too hot in summer. I also feel more comfortable in light clothing during warm weather than having to be bundled up in a blanket or sweatshirt all the time. Snow is also much more boring to look at than nice green grass, leaves, and flowers (which is also why I favor spring).

I never understood the appeal of cold weather to people. If putting on layers is better to you than being hot, I can understand that, but that's like...the only thing I can wrap my head around here.

Not saying you can't prefer the heat, but is it really that hard to get why people prefer Winter? You don't need to agree with a trivial thing to see how it can appeal to others.

One can argue that since you see green grass often, it's more boring than the blanket of snow which comes around during one season only and can even change the atmosphere into something beautiful at night, especially under a full moon. And as I mentioned, you can even mold the snow and engage in activities you otherwise wouldn't in mere grass plus no fear of bees coming out of nowhere and stinging you.

I hate cold weather because it's a pain to put many layers of clothes on and then later take them off. All the relevant locations I need to go to require being outside in the cold for a large amount of time. I cover my face with a scarf so my face doesn't freeze. The snow on sidewalks is also very annoying to walk through as it sometimes seems as if there's no end to snow and you're constantly getting snow in your boots. What I hate most is when all the snow melts. Goddamn rivers in the streets.

As for warm weather: I'm not fond of it. Difficult to work out in. Easily get dizzy from too much heat. A lot of insects. Doing chores such as removing paint from wooden parts of my grandparents' cottage, which I just did yesterday, can be dangerous if on a ladder and your sight starts to go slightly black from the heat.

Edited by silveraura25

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Really? How is plain white snow better than the various and often beautiful colors of grass and flowers?

I can't stand thunder. It's often too loud for me and my sensitive hearing. Lightning can look cool, but since it's pretty much always followed by a loud crack of thunder...yeah. Also, how can anyone sleep at night when there's thunder out at that time?

I actually like a little noise at night. Hearing some thunder is actually comforting for me. Total silence at night is a little eerie for me.

And as for the grass and flowers, it's probably because I'm not much of a nature buff. I see flowers and I go "eh". Plus, flowers bring pollen, which in turn brings allergies, which in turn brings groggy days for my family and I.

Edited by Sentinel07

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Problem for me is, I'm always cold in winter regardless of how many layers I put on. I rarely feel too hot in summer. I also feel more comfortable in light clothing during warm weather than having to be bundled up in a blanket or sweatshirt all the time. Snow is also much more boring to look at than nice green grass, leaves, and flowers (which is also why I favor spring). Also, like I said, summer is the time for amusement parks (mostly), water parks, resorts, etc. So fun! And if you DO get too hot, go cool off with the hose, sprinkler, pool, whatever! More fun than just bundling up in blankets and sweaters.

I never understood the appeal of cold weather to people. If putting on layers is better to you than being hot, I can understand that, but that's like...the only thing I can wrap my head around here.

Just giving my 2 cents. I prefer cold weather because I tend to be more energetic when it's cold. I sweat pretty easily and hot weather just makes it even worse, in the cold I have an easier time cooling off so I'm able do more stuff instead of having to wipe the sweat from my face every 2 seconds. Also I feel really relaxed when I look at a snowfield, I love to see everything covered in white. 

It also has a lot to do with me being an indoors person so obviously I'll enjoy staying at home with a blanket while watching a movie/reading a novel instead of going out, but if I have to I enjoy it more when it's cloudy and windy. Going out when it's hot just makes me really grumpy.

Then again, I had a heat stroke when I was little so I've hated hot places like the beach ever since. 

7 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Not saying you can't prefer the heat, but is it really that hard to get why people prefer Winter? You don't need to agree with a trivial thing to see how it can appeal to others.

One can argue that since you see green grass often, it's more boring than the blanket of snow which comes around during one season only and can even change the atmosphere into something beautiful at night, especially under a full moon. And as I mentioned, you can even mold the snow and engage in activities you otherwise wouldn't in mere grass plus no fear of bees coming out of nowhere and stinging you.

It is hard for me.

I didn't say just grass, I said flowers too. And you can also mold sand at the beach. Though admittedly, not everyone lives near a beach.

You can also engage in activities during spring and summer that you otherwise wouldn't be able to. Some kids like squirt gun battles (not really my thing, but still), and like I said, you can play in the hose or sprinkler or pool.

And something else I forgot to mention. Depending on where you're at, you can also see hoards of lightning bugs/fireflies in summer and pretty much only in summer. They're so beautiful at night!

9 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I actually like a little noise at night. Hearing some thunder is actually comforting for me. Total silence at night is a little eerie for me.

And as for the grass and flowers, it's probably because I'm not much of a nature buff. I see flowers and I go "eh". Plus, flowers bring pollen, which in turn brings allergies, which in turn brings groggy days for my family and I.

A little noise is one thing, but thunder can be so loud it scares the shit out of me. Also wakes me up all the time at night.

Okay then, that's fair.

10 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I hate cold weather because it's a pain to put many layers of clothes on and then later take them off.

Oh yeah, I agree with this too.

Definitely looks like Linde and Camilla to me, even if Camilla looks a bit thin? I would've preferred Palla in that case but so long as it's an inheritable green tome/dagger cocktail and we can give it to Nino/Sakunya for giggles, I'm fine with it.

This makes me wonder even more who the other two will be though. Whenever there's been at least one guy on a seasonal the silhouettes have been one guy and one girl, right? Does this mean there'll only be female characers? If it's Linde and Camilla, then we might get another Easter/Bridal banner where everyone's from different games, making predictions very tough.

Edited by Thane

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’ll be fine if the two are indeed Linde and Camilla.
I’ll be fine if they aren’t.

Doesn't explain the hair accessory. And as far as I can recall, none of the other summer units based on their original Summer DLC depictions have had any alterations to their outfits besides the addition of weapons

Besides, that comparison does NOT do justice to Camilla's legendary Nohr Queens.

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Doesn't explain the hair accessory. And as far as I can recall, none of the other summer units based on their original Summer DLC depictions have had any alterations to their outfits besides the addition of weapons

Besides, that comparison does NOT do justice to Camilla's legendary Nohr Queens.

They got sandals to cover their barefeet from the original depictions. But that's the only adjustment to their summer designs. But it doesn't mean they can't give her a flower on her head. I mean, you can't see that side of her head in the original picture in Summer DLC anyways.

Oh neat! That's definitely Linde....and Camilla feels like a pretty safe choice. I expected her sooner or later. ...I hope Summer Merric doesn't show up. I don't have nearly enough orbs. ;A; 

Oh the topic of hot and cold weather since I noticed that, I hate both. It's basically picking the lesser of two evils. >.> 

I hate having to wake up at 5 AM to spend an hour shoveling snow during the winter...And then having to do it again because my stupid neighbors put more snow into my parking space. And then dealing with whiteouts, black ice, etc. But I hate summer just as much if not more because I get to spend 8 hours teaching in 100 F degree classroom and dealing with giant bugs that decide to fly in through the open windows. I sweat so much the other day that I actually left sweat stains THROUGH my skirt (thank goodness it was dark) into my desk chair. And don't even get me started on trying to run in that heat. If I had to pick, I'd go with winter. It's super appropriate to wear a heavy sweater at work, but I can't wear tank tops and shorts. 

I just wanna' enjoy a pleasantly cool fall. ...all two weeks of it. ;A; 

Looks like Linde to me on the left and i'm not even gonna try to guess the one on the right. To me it looks the most like Caeda but keep in mind I said that about Valentines Lilina too.

However, alcohol is involved making this already a perfect banner.

To answer the hot or cold question, I don't like either too much, but if I had to choose, it'd be hot weather. Considering I get sick of the cold all the time, even just by being in the cold for five minutes, I'd rather avoid it all together. I love hot weather when i'm on vacation.

23 minutes ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

They got sandals to cover their barefeet from the original depictions. But that's the only adjustment to their summer designs. But it doesn't mean they can't give her a flower on her head. I mean, you can't see that side of her head in the original picture in Summer DLC anyways.

Ah, so no rocking the Corrin fashion then...

I dunno, even if it was just a small accessory, I feel like the angle of her head in the original artwork should have had just a small little bit of accessory popping out from the side of her head.

There is actually SOMETHING on that side of her head though, something not present in any of her other depictions, but I'm not sure if it's a head accessory or really weird sun ray... probably the first thing.

I dunno, I just don't want such a boring swimsuit if we really have to have more swimsuit units. Maybe they'll spice it up a little, or maybe this is the excuse they've been needing for a year to flaunt Camilla's coconut ammo.

Edited by Xenomata

29 minutes ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

What about the cloth around her waist? Seems like a completely different bikini design.

I think I will have to purchase some Orbs. I am getting pretty low and I still need to get SA!Innes.

As for the weather, I dislike warm and hot weather. I prefer cool and cold weather.

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

because it's a pain to put many layers of clothes on and then later take them off

I actually like the cold, so I wear basically the same amount of layers throughout the year, except I wear a light hoodie or jacket on top of my T-shirt during winter if it gets below freezing.

I cant bear another seasonal banner especially with my poor summoning powers. Still struggling with the current summer banner and now I have to deal with another one.

4 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

All this talk of Seasons and weather. Meanwhile here in Singapore we have no Seasons. It's hot all year round.

Except for that one rare occasion where the temperature drops to 20 degree celcius.

Yeah, I'm going with Linde and Camilla, unless they're flat out misleading us the right silhouette. I'd love it to be Micaiah, and in such case I'll pray to get her on saved orbs, because my wallet won't be able to take it.

As for Hot Vs. Cold, Cold weather all the way because I find it easier to deal with. My hometown has this really awful summer nights, where the heavy, hot air just won't let you sleep.

To the differences people are pointing out between the silhouette and Camilla's beach dlc art, does it need to be 100% accurate? Anyway, considering Camilla was the only Fates royal without a swimsuit alt, that makes it all the more likely it's her. And considering we haven't had an alt of her all year (I think NY was in December), she's hardly the worst offender of excessive alts. At least not recently. It would be cool if we got new characters, but this makes perfect sense too, considering everything. Also, I've said this time and time again, but prior to this Camilla didn't even have the third most alts in the game, yet just because she's a polarising character people treat it like she's just as bad Lyn, if not worse, in the alt department. Now that she has three alts (most likely) I can understand, but people's attitudes towards her before this leads me to believe that even if she received no alts this year or next, people would still complain, whether joking or otherwise, that we'll only get Camilla and Tharja alts in the game.

Also, regarding this hot and cold debate, hot weather can go and die.

Edited by Frenzify

I should've known it was a foolish wish to hope that maybe the next seasonal banner will finally have three male characters. Just to set my expectations as low as possible, I'm now fully expecting this to have three women, two of them possibly being Camilla and Tharja, and if one male character does somehow stumble in there, it's Chrom again.

50 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

All this talk of Seasons and weather. Meanwhile here in Singapore we have no Seasons. It's hot all year round.

That's what I mean by "coming from someone else who lived in tropical areas I have some kind of irkness to the hype of summer holiday.." 

1 hour ago, Aera said:

Honestly, Innes is the best summer seasonal for the guys ONLY because he does not have those sandals that ascended from hell.

For real, that bothered the hell out of me last summer. I think they're called gladiator sandals, yet you only see women wear that sort of thing these days, if anybody. Having the guys in those was just odd on multiple levels.

Innes did end up with asymmetric anime pants to make up for it, though.