Special Heroes: Summer Banner #2 Video Posted!

Anacybele

And again I'm truly glad that A.Tiki belongs to my core. Time to show her younger self what it means being an adult.
Hopefully this will make some realize that A.Tiki with maximum attack investment is a good choice.

I will pull for Camilla, her retainers are already awaiting her!

Edited by Stroud

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiki is the one I will be aiming for. Linde would be nice, but I am not exactly excited about Takumi. So red all the way again. I am glad Hector's banner was still up. DC is going to be highly desired on her. She and Myrrh will be best buddies. IF I get her of course.

I kind of want Y!Tiki, yet at the same time, I do not want to break into my Tellius Dragon / Beast unit stash too much.  I currently use Myrrh and M. Grima in my Dragon Team, but having him bonded with a red flier instead of a green flier seems a better deal to remove the green double up. Her breath seems pretty bonkers too.

So...how's red summoning been these days?  

Edited by Rhubarb

Hey, this banner is actually kind of... cool? Linde is pretty much in her normal outfit, Tiki isn't creepy, Camilla isn't in your face, and Takumi is a nice surprise. And they're all interesting unit types in a way. I usually don't pull on seasonal banners beyond the free pull. The only times I can remember spending several orbs were the dancer banner, Love Abounds, and the flying Ninian banner. I'll probably go for Linde and Takumi and then maybe the other two this time.

Fish vomit Tiki looks pretty good. Apparently the solution to flying dragons not having access to steady breath is to just put it on their weapon. She lacks Myrrh's bulk but has much more speed, and it's not like there's much competition in the red dragon spot anyways. Aside from having only one iote's shield seal to go around.

Also I get a shot at fury fodder and Ares. The only downside is I have no orbs as usual.

Edited by Korath88

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Performing Arts was a non-seasonal limited banner, so we can always hope for something there, as well. They did well to make sure one of their limited banners could have whatever theme they want.

Isn't it seasonal? I remember reading when seeing Pikachu had a Pokemon Shuffle artist variant, that it was inspired by some saying in Japan "The Fall of the Arts". Which to me suggests that Performing Arts, ran in the Fall, was wholly Seasonal in nature, it was just lost on us non-Japanese.

Anyways, I’ll be going for Takumi and Camilla, maybe with a side of trying for Tiki. Yeah, I do already have S!Corrin, but I prefer Camilla more than her. Takumi would fill a niche that I don’t already have. And Tiki, I wouldn’t mind a red dragon, since I have so little red dragons

WHERE ARE MY BIKINI ANNA AND FJORM :>_<:

I think Tiki is the only one worth aiming for. I would love to get her, but I'd rather pull for legendary banners and pray to get ANY good hero instead of aiming for a single one 3%. These suckas seem to detect my desire and give me the least corresponding stones :angry:

Linde and Tiki call for me. Here' hoping I can actually pull them, as I've yet to get either

6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

The fascination IS suddenly got for Linde confuses me a little. She didn't particularly stand out in Shadow Dragon. Sure, she got a cute design but not any more than the likes of Caeda and Palla. She got a backstory but they never did much with it but first she got in Warriors and now she gets a beach outfit. 

Linde has always been a popular character among the Archanea setting tho. Maybe not as obvious or overwhelming as the front runners, but she has her fans (perhaps even among the devs, if the Warriors interviews are anything to go by?). Yeah we know not many stood out in SD, but that's more a result of too much untapped potential than to say she's overall irrelevant. Warriors was just the first to really bring it out

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The thing is you're defining "dragon" as a role when it really isn't. Having a breath weapon doesn't force you into a specific role any more than having a horse mount does or having a ranged weapon does.

How so? She has access to Hone Dragons and Fortify Dragons, which is the primary requisite. Unlike most other dragons, she can provide Guidance support. Being colorless means she can cover for any other member of the party if they become debilitated. Her Spd stat is the highest among breath users (and doesn't come with an abysmal Atk stat), which lets her perform roles that the others cannot.

Her default A skill eliminates the last one and is an actually functional skill (unlike Iote's Shield). Being weak to Litrraven isn't exactly any worse than being weak to one color, especially considering that Litrraven is less common than any one color is.

Perhaps I was too harsh on her, but it feels like the combination her color, movement type and weapon really hurts her role as a tank. You said that I don’t need to force into role, and I agree, but thing is, I can’t really find a role for her. Guidance support is useful, but most dragons aren’t really desperate for more movement. A tank that doesn’t have resistance to any color and have 3 weaknesses doesn’t really seem effective. 

10 hours ago, ZeManaphy said:

As someone who uses F!Grima a lot, her biggest strengths come from being Colorless and being a flying unit. You say that being Colorless is a disadvantage for tanking, but I disagree. Lacking of Weapon triangle means can handle the Likes of Hector, W!Tharja, and Nowi, something that other dragons can't handle in one slot; she only has to worry about Raven tomes and Anti-Dragon Weaponry. Access to Dragonskin eliminates her flying weakness and provides her bulk during enemy phase, which leads her to her biggest niche: A dedicated Archer counter on flying teams, which can also provide her buffs via Ward and Hone Fliers, which greatly improves her offense and defensive capabilities, that being said, she is reliant on these buffs, which makes her more reliant on her than Nowi or her Male Counterpart.

EDIT: Update is live.

Does being colorless really help as a tank? As I said before, it means she doesn’t have any resistances and add an extra weakness, an uncommon one but still a weakness. Sure, she can handle powerful of all 3 colors at once, but that is rarely necessary.

14 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Perhaps I was too harsh on her, but it feels like the combination her color, movement type and weapon really hurts her role as a tank. You said that I don’t need to force into role, and I agree, but thing is, I can’t really find a role for her. Guidance support is useful, but most dragons aren’t really desperate for more movement. A tank that doesn’t have resistance to any color and have 3 weaknesses doesn’t really seem effective. 

She's not a sustain tank, which is what I think you're thinking of.

Her role when used defensively is to survive just one round of combat (and preferably kill on the counterattack), and that's what being colorless lets her do. Because almost nothing has weapon triangle advantage against her, it's incredibly difficult to kill her in a single round of combat. This becomes even more noticeable higher in the Arena where functional Special skills become less common, meaning nothing (other than Zelgius and Ayra) can actually burst her down with a Special activation.

Her job is pretty much to turn a 4v4 into a 3v3 by removing one unit from the opponent's team that would have given the rest of your team trouble or would have extended one of your other units too far.

That said, if you run both Desperation and Quick Riposte on her, she's turning that 4v4 into a 4v3 since she's still perfectly functional with Desperation.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Was about to comment on how lame it is camilla gets another alt right before CYL2, but then I remembered she didn't win. My brain still doesn't comprehend that.

Are we even hyped about new weapon/movement combos anymore? Probably not until we get a cav dancer right? 

9 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Are we even hyped about new weapon/movement combos anymore? Probably not until we get a cav dancer right? 

Wait until the horror of armored healers

9 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Other than Healer Flier and Horse Dancer, there isn’t any combination that people really want now. Armor Healer or Armor Damcer would be interesting if very niche.

I'm slowly recognizing how much I want Takumi. First I don't have a flying Archer. Second his offensive stats are good. But third and most importantly, with his bow having Desperation, plus Escape Route inherited on B, he'll be a lot of fun in TTs.

An additional copy for fishy bow would be cool, but I already know I only will get Linde and a heap of Wrys ... 

@Zeo @mcsilas

Edited by mampfoid

Yeah, those 4 combinations are what I'm waiting for as well, particularly Horse Dancer. Dagger Horse doesn't sound good enough to be worth wasting orbs on, since daggers are so pitiful in the ORKO mindset of this game (and a basic Brave Lyn has roughly the same capabilities plus Sacae's Blessing and Flier effectiveness).

Wouldn't be unhappy pulling any of the units, Tiki would be my first choice, although the chances are slim since I do first session full pulls at maximum.

I don't know why, but for some reason I really want Takumi even more than I want Dragon Valor Tiki...

Maybe it has to do with how he is basically Bridelia but flying? Probably not, I had this feeling well before the datamine. It probably has more to do with how much more cheerful he looks and feels compared to his base and fallen forms...

16 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I don't know why, but for some reason I really want Takumi even more than I want Dragon Valor Tiki...

Maybe it has to do with how he is basically Bridelia but flying? Probably not, I had this feeling well before the datamine. It probably has more to do with how much more cheerful he looks and feels compared to his base and fallen forms...

I agree. It's how happy he looks!! He's always so dower and blah, but something about how he just smiles makes me wantttt him!

Thoughts:

• I would have never guessed they'd go with Linde, but dagger/horse is an interesting combo
  • Camilla is not as surprising.
  • Takumi Emblem is complete, though it's nice to see him with a kinshi like his siblings. Wonder if Sakura will get one eventually.
  • Young Summer Tiki goes with Adult Summer Tiki. Makes sense.

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I'm slowly recognizing how much I want Takumi. First I don't have a flying Archer. Second his offensive stats are good. But third and most importantly, with his bow having Desperation, plus Escape Route inherited on B, he'll be a lot of fun in TTs.

An additional copy for fishy bow would be cool, but I already know I only will get Linde and a heap of Wrys ... 

@Zeo @mcsilas

Yeah i’m going to try colourless. Takumi is basically flying Bridelia and has the best happy face when attacking while Linde could be interesting since I have a soft spot for daggera and debuffs.

won’t mind getting Tiki for her stats or Camilla as well. Finally a banner where i don’t have to pull green