New Tempest Trial+: Sweet Dreams [Datamine]

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Oz ♠ said:

So I'm not sure if I should regret killing a Mia or actually feel glad I can finally combo this with a real A-slot.

You should feel terrible because Flashing Blade is a terrible A-slot skill.

5 minutes ago, Oz ♠ said:

So I'm not sure if I should regret killing a Mia or actually feel glad I can finally combo this with a real A-slot.

Use a Flashing and Heavy Blade Combo, so you have more chances to CD reduction. I consider both Flashing and Heavy Blade better as Sacred Seals than A-skills. There are better choices for A-skill.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You should feel terrible because Flashing Blade is a terrible A-slot skill.

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Use a Flashing and Heavy Blade Combo, so you have more chances to CD reduction. I consider both Flashing and Heavy Blade better as Sacred Seals than A-skills. There are better choices for A-skill.

Well, yeah. You can now pair them with a real A-slot. I feel hype just using it in the Unit Builder as we speak. I still kind of feel bad I killed one extra Mia for it, when she could've been +1 (not that I care much for her, but whatever).

It was just a bad decision. I wonder why it took them so long to realise it. Didn't Heavy Blade become a seal a bit after Flashing Blade happened?

16 minutes ago, Oz ♠ said:

It was just a bad decision. I wonder why it took them so long to realise it. Didn't Heavy Blade become a seal a bit after Flashing Blade happened?

Yeah...Mia was available in November, and Heavy Blade SS was available in December's TT.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

None of those would be useful to me at all. I don't use many Spd based characters at all. So they're not good for me. Anybody else that uses fast characters, sure, they'd be great. But I have a different play style.

Yeah, but some players missed Tobin and might be completionists. I'm not a completionist, but I like Tobin enough to want him. And yeah, BK needs a rerun too.

Spd ploy would help your non-Spd based characters from being doubled by lowering your enemy's Spd. Hell, it could potentially allow your units to double your enemy if their own Spd is decent enough.

You're right about players who missed them tho. Matter of fact, I'm one of them, who had to miss everything past December from having to start over

also:

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I'm choosing to miss these 42 orbs though. I don't choose to miss those BHB orbs.

Think about this for a second here, very carefully. That's still 42 orbs that could have went toward a banner that you might even like. 42 orbs. Two full summoning sessions. Potentially ten chances to obtain a desired unit. A 38 orb difference.The equivalent to four full BHB and/or LHB rewards. In addition to that, 11,000 feathers (before rank) and 80 Sacred Coins. Simple math would dictate that you're making a really dumb move (note that I'm not calling you dumb, but you're logic here is). Worse even, that it's over something so trivial, inconsequential, negligible even. If you don't want Masked Marth, you can literally just send her home to get an easy 2000 feathers and then send feedfack on it, like how devs encourage players to do.

If your units struggle with infernal challenges that you can't win, and are unwilling to use units, skills and strategies that are better suited, then take the L and move one. No sense making a commotion over it. I say this as someone who, like you, has (and still does) taken many L's in playing this game; particularly on most maps that have reinforcements (hello, Valter), along with the the marathon chain challenges and a few squad assaults. But what you're doing right now, there is literally nothing to be gained and so much that you're losing.

17 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Spd ploy would help your non-Spd based characters from being doubled by lowering your enemy's Spd. Hell, it could potentially allow your units to double your enemy if their own Spd is decent enough.

You're right about players who missed them tho. Matter of fact, I'm one of them, who had to miss everything past December from having to start over

Isn't Spd Ploy best used by units who have high Spd though? Or am I misremembering how ploy skills work? I never actually used them often.

Yeah, and since I missed Tobin and would like more BK merges and maybe more Steady Stance, I wish IS would rerun them for a change instead of Masked Lucina for the umpteenth time.

20 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Think about this for a second here, very carefully. That's still 42 orbs that could have went toward a banner that you might even like. 42 orbs. Two full summoning sessions. Potentially ten chances to obtain a desired unit. A 38 orb difference.The equivalent to four full BHB and/or LHB rewards. In addition to that, 11,000 feathers (before rank) and 80 Sacred Coins. Simple math would dictate that you're making a really dumb move (note that I'm not calling you dumb, but you're logic here is). Worse even, that it's over something so trivial, inconsequential, negligible even. If you don't want Masked Marth, you can literally just send her home to get an easy 2000 feathers and then send feedfack on it, like how devs encourage players to do.

Yeah, I'm actually considering sending home the Masked Lucina I already have. I leveled her up, but have never used her since. And she has no skills, so she can't be foddered. I also have a normal Lucina who has great IVs, as well as Alm, Marth, and horse Chrom for Falchion users, making her masked self pretty useless anyway.

Guess I could consider that. I don't like the idea of missing out on 42 orbs, believe me. I just really hate that IS brought back Masked Lucina yet AGAIN when Tobin, BK, Clive, and other TT units have not had any chances at reruns. And if IS doesn't want to rerun them, why not just add them to the summoning pool like they did with Kaze?

22 minutes ago, Motendra said:

If your units struggle with infernal challenges that you can't win, and are unwilling to use units, skills and strategies that are better suited, then take the L and move one. No sense making a commotion over it. I say this as someone who, like you, has (and still does) taken many L's in playing this game; particularly on most maps that have reinforcements (hello, Valter), along with the the marathon chain challenges and a few squad assaults. But what you're doing right now, there is literally nothing to be gained and so much that you're losing.

Fair point. I have already taken Ls anyway. Didn't ever do a few BHBs on infernal, and I've only cleared one Squad Assault and only a few Chain Challenges myself.

I am surprised to see no green unit as bonus unit in this TT+.

I will probably use my Flying Team: Summer Corrin, NY Azura, NY Camilla and F!Grima. All four units need some Hero Merits... especially Grima, who only have 507.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Isn't Spd Ploy best used by units who have high Spd though? Or am I misremembering how ploy skills work? I never actually used them often.

Ploy skills lower a specific stat by comparing Res. Only exception is Panic Ploy which compares HP. 

1 minute ago, Jave said:

Ploy skills lower a specific stat by comparing Res. Only exception is Panic Ploy which compares HP. 

Oh, I see. Well, I don't have many high Res units either, unfortunately. Most of my units have high Atk, high Def, or both.

Masked Marth being ran another time certainly is a shame. Even though I dislike the idea of seasonal units being TT+ locked I would much rather have IS lock another one here. However more merges never hurts anyone I guess. Plus the seals look good and free orbs + other materials.

The new seals looks nice, though I am forever bitter about fliers not being able to use flashing blade. I really wish they would add the non-Marth (I don't see Marth herself being added) tempest trial rewards to the general pool; I just want more Marisas :(

I have a feeling that they'll add more limited characters to the pool in the future. It would make them more money too, I guess right maybe? What will they do with the GHB rotation units when the quests end? Just keep running them without quests? That would be terribly disappointing.

I like Masked Marth because she's the only 5 star unit I don't have to think twice about merging. No skills to pass on. I've gotten over 160 5 stars since release and only merged four of them, lol. And I've only used 2 for SI since I'm too indecisive. Holy wow these seals. Guess I have a reason to promote Lonqu now.

The bonus units are not so lucky. I only own Masked Marth and Summer Corrin. And I'm only giving the new Summer banner 15 orbs since I need to save for the legendary banner.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

You can't disagree with me. There ARE other ways to get orbs. That's a fact.

EDIT: Vax, if they wanted to add Tobin, BK, etc. to the pool, they'd have done so a long time ago. It's been a year now since Tobin. And you do know Masked Lucina has been run three times already, don't you? That's pretty stupid regardless when Tobin came earlier and has not even been rerun once. Oh, and I didn't say ALL players, you know.

it's kinda silly to pass on free resources. Especially since you could always stash them for something you truly want. 

But if you really wanted to be vocal about this, you could always send some thought out and well written feedback to the devs. It's the only way you're going to be able to have a small hope of affecting the devs decisions. 

1 minute ago, Michelaar said:

I have a feeling that they'll add more limited characters to the pool in the future. It would make them more money too, I guess right maybe? What will they do with the GHB rotation units when the quests end? Just keep running them without quests? That would be terribly disappointing.

I def expect GHB rotation quests to be reran with the same criteria. Similar to how the Tutorial Quests were re-ran on the series anniversary with slightly different rewards.

9 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Martha is now what? +7? They cant go on forever with this

You feelin' strong about that? See you in another year or two with a full +10 Masked Marth team

These MM merges make me feel like the investment I put into my Lucina was a complete waste of time, not that I care that much. MM needs to be at +10 to match my +Def Lucina in terms of bulk and with no skills it makes her inferior outside of merges. 

For the seals, they're nice but none of them strike me as "I NEED THEM". Heavy Blade is the better seal 90% of the time due to how easy it is to stack Atk boosts, Flashing Blade has too many restrictions and the only unit I can think that would make good use of it is Karla but eh, it's not worth the coins. Spd Ploy is cool but with Spd Smoke it feels a bit redundant for my playstyle. 

Oh well, I appreciate the orbs for S!Linde and the feathers to merge Sheena.

Edited by Alexmender

Spd Ploy and Flashing Blade seals - my 480 coins are ready.

Neat - easy +3 masked Marth since I haven't put any feathers on her (I still have all copies of her; I was among the players insane enough to attempt reaching QP seal in its debut, let alone 100K score or even top 1K ranking). I'd have a +7 masked Marth if I promoted her 4* copies and merged them.

For bonus units, I only have Corrin and masked Marth. Looks like it's Flier Emblem's time to shine once more though I'd probably have to get creative with masked Marth's team.

Really gonna need the orbs; I lucked out with Hector (only dropped 5 orbs to get him from the BHB banner) but I also want Summer Cordelia, flying Tiki, and Fallen Celica and trying to save orbs for the July LH banner. I would love Tana, Linde, Noire, and Camilla, but I doubt I'd have the orbs for them if RNG were to be against me.

31 minutes ago, Mister Rogers said:

it's kinda silly to pass on free resources. Especially since you could always stash them for something you truly want. 

But if you really wanted to be vocal about this, you could always send some thought out and well written feedback to the devs. It's the only way you're going to be able to have a small hope of affecting the devs decisions. 

Yeah, I definitely will send feedback about this when the TT starts.

Now that I think about it, Flashing Blade really isn’t that useful, because most of the units that want it can’t use it. Units such Shigure, Summer Innes, Tana, Cordelia and Flying Nino for example.

Edited by Water Mage

I’m rather happy with this TT. An extra MM merge? Yes! Spd ploy for my S!Corrin? Double Yes! Flashing Blade? It isn’t the best, but it still is good. And the chance for many orbs? Triple Yes! I think it funny though that I can run the same team I have run for the last 2 TT’s